PDA

View Full Version : Gen 6 BBC questions

Jet City
02-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I have a friend selling a Gen 6 block I am considering buying and wanted to get some feedback on the pricing, he's asking $1600.; its machined and ready to go for a 4.6 x 4.25 assy (565 cube), comes with ARP main and head studs, Jessel timing set and roller lifters (oversize diameter). I know the history on this block, it was used to power a 7 second dragster, he's switching to a Brodix aluminum block to save some weight, I thought it would make a nice pump gas marine monster.

Infomaniac
02-18-2005, 08:56 PM
You know the standard Gen VI block is only recommended by GM to bore to 4.500 :idea: :idea:
Unless it is a Bowtie then have your way with it. ;)
I have taken them (standard Gen VI) to 4.560 but I would not recommend it to anyone else.

Jet City
02-18-2005, 09:17 PM
You know the standard Gen VI block is only recommended by GM to bore to 4.500 :idea: :idea:
Unless it is a Bowtie then have your way with it. ;)
I have taken them (standard Gen VI) to 4.560 but I would not recommend it to anyone else.
I did see the 4.5 max bore stated in my GMPP book for the Gen 6, I'll have to ask him what the story on that is, he did mention it's the end of the line for overbores on this block, but I figured it would last me several years with our short seasons, then I'd sleeve it and hard-block it to the water pump holes.

Infomaniac
02-18-2005, 09:34 PM
1,600.00 is only few hundred away from a brand new Dart or Merlin III block.
Just something to think about.
Used roller lifters??? Not worth considering.
Studs 110.00 each.