PDA

View Full Version : Vanguard...?

HammerDown
02-19-2005, 06:26 AM
Anyone have any experience with them...good or bad?

Sportin' Wood
02-19-2005, 07:43 AM
My partner uses them and loves them. He has had an account for a couple years. I'm hopeing to start one in the next month or two.

HammerDown
02-19-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I've got six figures Im working with and thinking about placing in their hands for a BIG positive return down the road.
One of my prior (investors) was more or less just looking to make a FAT commission.
Just doing a ton of research ....first!

ahhell
02-19-2005, 08:03 AM
i do some retirement stuff with them and get decent returns all self directed minimum maintenance fees...no problems

sneauxcone
02-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Vanguard is pretty good but I've had much better luck with Dreyfus. Great return on their investments and rather conservative strategy. I rolled most of my money over to them after the tech bubble burst and am now back to where I was before the bubble burst. All things considered, a pretty good return. Anyway, worth a look.

Lightning
02-19-2005, 09:30 AM
If you want some more feedback, feel free to give me a call.

AirtimeLavey
02-19-2005, 10:06 AM
I've had some money w/them for over 5 years. No complaints. Steady growth, easy to work with. I don't move the money around much, however. Like their index funds.

Ion
02-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Depends on your goal. I bought into their Index 500 (VFINX) fund in 1998 where shares were $105.00 per. Today, they are $110.94. Not exactly making me rich, but does fare better than the S&P and is for the long term. I also have a more balanced Index fund (VBINX) that gets into bonds, is way less aggressive AND pays regular quarterly dividends. If you are looking for steady, conservative growth, with less risk, this would be my suggestion. Whatever you do, do not put all your eggs into one basket. Diversify!