PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Boat Show Last Night.....

Sane Asylum
02-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Maybe it's just me but it was lame.......They wouldn't allow cameras and the camera on my phone is pretty weak.
The Good:
1) Beer was cold
2) Magic/Sleek, Kachina, and Eliminator fairly well represented (Saw Force26's new 30' Drone - Some kid was in it with shoes and ice cream and chit..........j/k :wink: .....That freaggin 600 is just straight up sick....It would make me write bad checks)
3) If you fish and like chopper boats.....You were in heaven.
4) Roln20 was there with his badass 496 billet covers.......Nice to meet you Patrick....
The Bad:
1) Bayliner well represented - SYA you listening :2purples:
2) Hardly any vendors and they had em' stuck back in the corner - I really was looking for some of that waxing frenzy chit
3) Small piece of the civic center used.
4) Boats that were outside didn't get much tourism. It was raining on MarineMax's parade.....I hate to say this but that 39 foot sea-ray sundancer is the chit......It's like a luxury house that floats that'll do about 48 mph....God, I'm gettin old...
The ugly:
1) We missed the Hooters get together.....Wife wasn't comfy takin the tater tots (4 and 6 y/o boys) to hooters.......I was trying to convince her it was good for them developmentally :D ......But she won.....
2) There was a $1.4MM skipper liner houseboat on display with about 900 people an hour walkin through wearing out carpet......Who the chit's gunna buy a 1.4MM houseboat???.....It wasn't even that nice......It looked like a trailer that floated.......
3) It rained
If the trend continues...........That show's gunna go away........I may be headed to LA next year....... :(

Slick
02-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Sorry we missed you guys at Hooters, it was a good time. Thanks, again, to Art, a.k.a Lakeracer. He always puts together a great deal after the show.
I'm glad I didn't plan on being at the show more than an hour. I was actually thinking $8 wasn't a bad deal, but the beer was pretty cheap $3.50 and yes, cold.

James'SS-24
02-19-2005, 08:32 AM
:squiggle: Sound like I won't waste my time with the boat show! Any one else here in the valley getting sick of the rain? :notam:

DogHouse
02-19-2005, 08:36 AM
:squiggle: Sound like I won't waste my time with the boat show! Any one else here in the valley getting sick of the rain? :notam:
Nope, keep it coming! Reservoirs and water tables need all the help they can get. This doesn't happen very often so we have to enjoy it while we can! As long as you don't park your trailer house in a riverbed in Cottonwood, you should be ok... ;)

AZKC
02-19-2005, 08:45 AM
No Cameras :frown: Thats f'ing lame, how else are you going to remember what you looked at after all that cold beer :D
Doghouse lets throw an old prop on your ride and go chop some wood :hammer2: up at Roosevelt :)

James'SS-24
02-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Dog House,I know I know!...But do we have to get it all on the weekends? :confused: and all at one time?

DogHouse
02-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Doghouse lets throw an old prop on your ride and go chop some wood :hammer2: up at Roosevelt :)
Yeah no kidding, LOL! New Year's at Pleasant was like that, constantly dodging driftwood. I can't believe how full Roosey is getting, wonder if it'll make the new full mark for the first time???

Rod-64
02-19-2005, 09:49 AM
And they make it seem like the event of the century on channel 12's commercials last night. Thanks for the heads up. Not worth the 8 hour trip. :yuk:

Outnumbered
02-19-2005, 10:00 AM
The worst boat show I have ever been to. Glad we did not waste a Saturday there. Wife and I went for a few hours Friday. I posted this on the other thread:
Just got back from the show. Its was a disappointment compared to LA or OC shows. Saw some of Roln's Bling parts on the Eliminator boats, looked good. No photos allowed so sorry, no pics. Too many roll-bar boats, fishing boats, and Gayliners. Sorry we can't make it tonight, you guys will have fun at Hooters.
Be safe,
OL

Sane Asylum
02-19-2005, 11:19 AM
The worst boat show I have ever been to. Glad we did not waste a Saturday there. Wife and I went for a few hours Friday. I posted this on the other thread:
Just got back from the show. Its was a disappointment compared to LA or OC shows. Saw some of Roln's Bling parts on the Eliminator boats, looked good. No photos allowed so sorry, no pics. Too many roll-bar boats, fishing boats, and Gayliners. Sorry we can't make it tonight, you guys will have fun at Hooters.
Be safe,
OL
OL.....Shoulda read your post......Woulda bought you a silver bullet if I woulda seen you.....I went ahead and put a down payment on that skipperliner mobile home :wink: :wink: :p

Sane Asylum
02-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah no kidding, LOL! New Year's at Pleasant was like that, constantly dodging driftwood. I can't believe how full Roosey is getting, wonder if it'll make the new full mark for the first time???
How bad are the floating drive eaters now.....Anybody been to Pleasant in the last few days.....
We're thinking about going to canyon tomorrow.....

Outnumbered
02-19-2005, 11:29 AM
OL.....Shoulda read your post......Woulda bought you a silver bullet if I woulda seen you.....I went ahead and put a down payment on that skipperliner mobile home :wink: :wink: :p
Thank you. I was there when they opened the doors at noon and left about 2pm. Just a quick look around.
OL

roln 20s
02-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the compliments Sane Asylum and OL on the Boat Bling covers. I'm glad you both like them. Sane Asylum--great meeting you and the fam. Let me know how I can help you :)
This show is truely horrible, however, part of the reason is that the Civic Center is being entirely redone, so they are only using the south section of it. Hopefully next year it will be back to their full size. I sure hope so.
Art- thanks again for setting up the Hoots outing. Great time...as always. I'll call you about the Poker Run.
Slick--had a good time--we'll definately have to do it again.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
02-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Gary--beautiful new Kachina. That Blue 600 means business :) Great to meet you. You have my cell- call me anytime you are in Phx--we'll meet up and grab a drink!! Have a safe drive home.
Roln 20s

DogHouse
02-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Patrick, I finally saw some "bling" in person, looks really nice! Definitely livens up a stock 496 engine compartment...
Show was weak in general from the hot boat perspective but I'm glad I went to see the Magic 30 deck. That thing is stunning - big, innovative, and beatifully executed. Between that and some incremental improvements on their other designs, Magic has really stepped up their game this year. Wonder if they can retrofit the new mid-cabin open bow fiberglass liner insert into my old cat...
Yeah that 30 Kachina with the 600 looked very nice, an excellent replacement for "2440". Here's to a better future for this one!
:cool:

burtandnancy
02-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Sane asy. You are right about one thing, the 39 'dancer is really nice, but your are wrong about the speed; You were about 20 MPH too high...(unless they've put in about a million hp)

PHX ATC
02-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Glad I didn't go now!
Besides, I probably woulda cried. :D

Mardonzi
02-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks Art for the Wangs,, and such. It was great meeting a bunch of you guys and look forward to running it out on Powell this summer. It's still raining up here,, so much for heading out tomorrow....

Craig
02-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Well after Jordy's earlier review, I passed last night, now I'm glad I did. Spent the night painting inside the house. Granted no fun, but the bedroom is done this morning and I can start putting it back together. Maybe today I can at least get the cover off the boat and see how wet the inside is. Some friends went to the Miami show this weekend. Can't wait for that report, and they let you take cameras. :rolleyes: Phoenix must have the majority of super secret previews they don't want picture getting out into the public :yuk:

Sane Asylum
02-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Well after Jordy's earlier review, I passed last night, now I'm glad I did. Spent the night painting inside the house. Granted no fun, but the bedroom is done this morning and I can start putting it back together. Maybe today I can at least get the cover off the boat and see how wet the inside is. Some friends went to the Miami show this weekend. Can't wait for that report, and they let you take cameras. :rolleyes: Phoenix must have the majority of super secret previews they don't want picture getting out into the public :yuk:
Craig.......I'm assuming you're refering to the Mike, Marla, Tony, Kim trip......I think I remember them saying they were going.....
BTW.......The worst boat show is better than Fri. night painting....... :supp: :sleeping:

Dusty Times
02-20-2005, 09:19 AM
I drove down from Kingman (7 hour round trip) two or three years ago and it took 45 mins to see the show and 30 to walk from the parking garage. That was my last year.

Garrddogg
02-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Cameras were allowed in, The eliminator display had nice boats saw a 572 ! they were used boats didnt even look like they were detailed! nice boats im not a hater so dont flame, me they were dirty! Magic had some VERY nice boats there,nordic had two boats and nobody to answer any questions when i was there!And Kachina had the 34 Drone WOW what a fawggin noice boat!!(i wish I could afford one) MY boat was beautiful I am very happy with it & It was fun and exciting watching so many drool over my boat! Was also very kool talking to so many people ,met many from the boards so many I dont remember names (sorry) ,Jdogg came out, was great to hang! TOO MANY ROLL BAR BOATS AND HIGH SEATERS! If my boat was not there it prolly would have been a dissapointment!but it was there so it was GREAT!!!!
It was good to meet Rollin20s beautiful product!!
thanks you guys for the compliments on my boat.
gotto go gonna meet jdogg there now!
Force 26

roln 20s
02-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Hey Gary--again great to meet you and thanks for the compliments. I will see you later today at the show. I'll call your cell when I get there.
Enjoy-
Roln 20s

Holland
02-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah... Show was kinda lame.... But did meet up with gary for a while... THen Wife and I and some fam went out to eat, found a cool little bar... and ... never made it back to the show.... oops... sorry if we lied

INSman
02-20-2005, 06:23 PM
SANE
The Waxing Frenzy can be found at www.attn-to-detail.com from our very own Warlock25 here on the ***boat boards
Maybe it's just me but it was lame.......They wouldn't allow cameras and the camera on my phone is pretty weak.
The Good:
1) Beer was cold
2) Magic/Sleek, Kachina, and Eliminator fairly well represented (Saw Force26's new 30' Drone - Some kid was in it with shoes and ice cream and chit..........j/k :wink: .....That freaggin 600 is just straight up sick....It would make me write bad checks)
3) If you fish and like chopper boats.....You were in heaven.
4) Roln20 was there with his badass 496 billet covers.......Nice to meet you Patrick....
The Bad:
1) Bayliner well represented - SYA you listening :2purples:
2) Hardly any vendors and they had em' stuck back in the corner - I really was looking for some of that waxing frenzy chit
3) Small piece of the civic center used.
4) Boats that were outside didn't get much tourism. It was raining on MarineMax's parade.....I hate to say this but that 39 foot sea-ray sundancer is the chit......It's like a luxury house that floats that'll do about 48 mph....God, I'm gettin old...
The ugly:
1) We missed the Hooters get together.....Wife wasn't comfy takin the tater tots (4 and 6 y/o boys) to hooters.......I was trying to convince her it was good for them developmentally :D ......But she won.....
2) There was a $1.4MM skipper liner houseboat on display with about 900 people an hour walkin through wearing out carpet......Who the chit's gunna buy a 1.4MM houseboat???.....It wasn't even that nice......It looked like a trailer that floated.......
3) It rained
If the trend continues...........That show's gunna go away........I may be headed to LA next year....... :(

Big Warlock
02-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Glad I went on Friday for a few hours. Got everything I needed out of it in less than an hour. Someone needs to step that show up a few notches. That show is going no where........
Rob