PDA

View Full Version : 1968 wriedt 16' jetboat for sale

wakeboarder
08-11-2001, 02:43 PM
Time to sell the family heirloom. Man, what haven't i done to this boat? New motor, jet rebuild, repaint, new transom, new floor, place diverter ect.ect.....if interested send me an e-mail @ jretmier@cityofhemet.org
[This message has been edited by wakeboarder (edited August 14, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by wakeboarder (edited August 15, 2001).]

bigdaddykarl
08-11-2001, 02:54 PM
Now I don't want to get your hopes up, I do not have intentions to buy your boat, but rather I'd like to ask you a couple of questions: I just bought a Wreidt 18' Stinger, and I know nothing about it. What I'd like to know is some info about Wreidt: Where they were, (I think Norwalk), how the hulls compare to others, inherent problems, rarity, and so forth. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Karl

wakeboarder
08-11-2001, 03:16 PM
My boat was put together by crown marine. I dont have any more info on wreidt..I've looked and come up with squat. This boat has been in my family for about 20 years. My step dad and mom found it out at the river and did the initial restoration. I got tired of being turned down to borrow the thing for wild river parties, so i bought it as soon as they whispered they were interested in selling it. I've rerestored it over the pat 2 years and while it was apart i bought a Tige tournement ski boat. Now i'm too busy wakeboarding and skiing to jet.
I've seen some other wreidts up and down the river, the last one was at the Fly-n-j gas station near blythe 2 monts ago..I talked to the owner and he didn't know anything about his boat....It's a great boat, pretty fast too, but just 1 too many boats on the side of my house.
jeff.

bigdaddykarl
08-11-2001, 03:26 PM
Well, thanks for the info, it's amazing that there isn't more info out there. I'm excited about mine, can't wait to take delivery, will be a great first boat. Do you by chance have any pics scanned that you can email? Would love to see them. Thanks.
Karl

wakeboarder
08-11-2001, 03:49 PM
yeah, good luck with your boat. sorry i dont have more info but there just isnt any.
funny you ask about the pictures....i'm on another web site getting ready to buy a digital camera. i do have regular pics but haven't scaned them yet. check back in a couple of days and i'll scan some and post them here.
jeff.

bigdaddykarl
08-11-2001, 05:43 PM
Digital camera, eh? Right up my alley. I've got the Canon Digital Elph, and love it to death. I also have about 30 other cameras, as I am a photographer. If you'd like to discuss your purchase, let me know.

Blown509Liberator
08-14-2001, 11:57 AM
Hey bigdaddykarl
Go here http://disc.server.com/Indices/152642.html and try and get in touch with a guy there who uses the nic BoneShaker. He had a lot of info on the Wriet's
MikeW

bigdaddykarl
08-16-2001, 02:02 AM
Thanks, I did just that, we'll see what he says, I'll let everyone know.

mikey
08-30-2001, 03:38 PM
Wriedt (aka Crown Marine) was located in Norwalk on Norwalk Blvd. The company was owned by Jerry Wriedt. They built several different models. 16 & 18 Stinger, 16 & 19 Spoiler, 19 Maverick, 21 Tiburon, 23 Montara (? Spelling) and some family style boats. I always thought they built better looking boats than some of their competitors. The hulls where on par with other high volume companies at the time (Sleek Craft, Kona, Tahiti). Like most jet boat companies Wriedt did not survive the gas crunch of the mid/late 70's. I had heard Jerry moved to Texas in the late 70's and started another company, Innovater, building some of the Wriedt models.