PDA

View Full Version : ***Spam*** Carrera 257 Effect X

BADBLOWN572
02-19-2005, 07:27 PM
257 Carrera Effect X Open Bow. 572cid engine with 1k h.p. B-Max outdrive, full hydraulic steering, halon system, custom rigging, 6k watt stereo system, custom lamination, and every option available. Boat will run 105 all day long and has run as fast as 118. Setup on engine is conservative right now and has the potential for a lot more. This hull has run as fast as 136 and was extremely stable. Both engine and drive have been gone through within the last 5 hours and everything is fresh. Ready to drop into the water and run.
Basically, I worked for Carrera doing their custom rigging for a period of 4 years. I got tired of building everyone else's toys and decided to do one for me. The result was exactly what I wanted. The construction of this boat took me over 6 months and I easily have over 200 hours of working on the boat. I took everything that I liked about what we did and incorporated it into this boat. The result was awesome! The boat has had several articles in various magazines including Car Audio and Electronics (for stereo) and Family and Performance Boating as a feature article. Everything that I didn't like, I changed. There is not one thing that I would change about the boat. The only reason why I am selling it is so I can build the new 32' cat that Carrera is making.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/315257_Effect.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598BOAT.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0059.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0054.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/315dash.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/315FRONT_SHOT.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/315stereo.jpg

THOR
02-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Arent you supposed to be in Glamis or Dumont about now?

Newcastle
02-20-2005, 07:04 AM
So how much? I thought your boat was tight ever since I saw the first picture

roln 20s
02-20-2005, 10:07 AM
For anyone who has not seen this boat and is looking for one clean, top of the line cat---this is definately it. Danny did an amazing job on this boat--detailed to the top :) Good luck with the sale Danny and look forward to seeing your new 32 Cat :)
Roln 20s

phebus
02-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Danny, do you plan on getting a bare hull from Carrera, and rigging this one yourself also? What kind of power and drives are you planning on going with?
Good luck trying to outdo the boat you have now, it is awesome.
32' is a big boat for Parker, bye bye Allstar's, hello D Row? :D

BADBLOWN572
02-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Danny, do you plan on getting a bare hull from Carrera, and rigging this one yourself also? What kind of power and drives are you planning on going with?
Good luck trying to outdo the boat you have now, it is awesome.
32' is a big boat for Parker, bye bye Allstar's, hello D Row? :D
I am definitely going to get a bare hull from Carrera. I am going to dictate the lamination schedule and make sure that everything is 100% correct. I will have them do the interior because everything is done in house, but I will be right there saying how to do it so I can make sure that it comes out exactly the way that I want. It is time consuming, but in the end it will turn out right.
Right now, I am not sure what I am going to do about power. I am either going to pull the motor out of this boat, build a second one, and power it with two motors like this (if someone wants the boat blank hull with drive) or I am going to go with two of the new GM 572 crate motors and Max Machine Works drives. If I go with the blower motors, I will be using a pair of #6's. Believe me, I have some new ideas for the 32 that will definitely set it apart from everything else out there. :) :D :idea:
No matter what, I will always be an Allstar at heart! I dont think Parker will be a problem for the 32. There are quite a few boats that run on Parker over 30' in length and they handle it just fine. I always have loved Havasu too and this season will probably spend some more time up there as well. We get along great with the D-row group and have a blast playing with them too. They are always welcome down below the dam as we are up top. Best of both worlds.
If I don't get rid of this boat in the next 3 months, I am going to pass on the Carrera 32 probably though. I have given it a lot of thought and there is a boat that is going to be coming out pretty soon that is going to be SWEET! Really cant give any details on it, but it is over 35' and will definitely play with the big boys. ;) :skull: :eek: I will use this boat this season and then when the new boat comes out, step into it instead.

Cole Trickle
02-21-2005, 08:50 AM
I saw your Boat in person when we went to the Carrera showroom.
The boat looks great and the stereo is just plain sick!
Good luck with the sale.
Brandin

Restless22
02-21-2005, 08:55 AM
D- How much for the boat less motor? :idea: :D

Eliminator 4 Life
02-21-2005, 11:01 AM
D- How much for the boat less motor? :idea: :D
You TRADER :boxingguy

Restless22
02-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Just keepn my options open!!! :D
I think I need to start working more :hammerhea

Eliminator 4 Life
02-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Just keepn my options open!!! :D
I think I need to start working more :hammerhea
That aint cool Ron you only have one option and you know what that is ha ha :eek:

dicudmore
02-21-2005, 01:21 PM
That aint cool Ron you only have one option and you know what that is ha ha :eek:
Rob you're starting to sound like another clan on here.... :wink:
Danny best of luck on selling this and on building the replacement. I've seen this boat and know you'll do the next one right also :D

BADBLOWN572
02-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Danny best of luck on selling this and on building the replacement. I've seen this boat and know you'll do the next one right also :D
Thanks. I am looking forward to getting covered in fiberglass again. It is going to be fun! Have some new ideas that are going to be killer!

Kilrtoy
02-23-2005, 11:26 AM
you never listed a price

NOTALENT
02-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Damn..I have loved this boat since the first time I saw it last year...someones gonna get a bad ass boat.!!

wantacat
02-23-2005, 05:52 PM
I saw the price today in the boat trader....go look if your interested I dont know if I should be the one saying the price. :cool:

BADAXE
02-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Danny, good luck with the new boat.
Just another plug for this boat. I got a ride at the last RWYB and this boat is solid as a rock over 100 mph, handles the chop like butter and has an insane stereo.

BADBLOWN572
02-24-2005, 01:26 PM
I want to get between 90-92k for it turn key ready to rock. If you want to buy it less motor, I will get rid of it for $70k. Drop in a new GM 572 and you are down the road. I will also let the headers, motor mounts, and other custom goodies go with the boat as well. I need to get rid of this thing ASAP if I am going to step into another boat this season.
The cost to duplicate this boat would definitely be well over 150k and Eliminator is selling their new 26 Daytona with a stock GM 572 for $122,000. A lot more hardware and quality than what is offered for $122,000. So, to me it doesn't seem that it is a bad price. Especially with how much time and effort went into making this a one of a kind piece. Anyone who gets it will definitely be satisfied!

BADBLOWN572
03-08-2005, 09:37 AM
ttt

kidshark
03-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Have you sold it yet. How much are you looking for? Oops I saw what you wanted as I scrolled up. what do you suggest when it comes to the new noise laws. Will this boat pass and if not what would you suggest?

BADBLOWN572
03-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Have you sold it yet. How much are you looking for? Oops I saw what you wanted as I scrolled up. what do you suggest when it comes to the new noise laws. Will this boat pass and if not what would you suggest?
Right now the boat will not pass the new noise laws. :( What I would suggest to do would be to have a set of custom tail pipes made that will route the exhaust below the water line. It would not be too difficult to do. I would also put a set of mufflers in the tail pipes as well while doing it. After that, it will be fine.

XtrmWakeborder
03-28-2005, 12:29 PM
For anyone who hasn't seen this boat, it is just plain sick! Deffinately an eye and ear catcher on the strip!

Goodtime$
03-28-2005, 03:59 PM
GIT R DONE........great buy before summer prices go up. New/Used is the best investment.....cheers