PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions before Purchasing

Zukigirl
02-20-2005, 01:50 PM
We are new on HB.com but would like to hear everyone's opinion on a Larson. We are looking at getting the Larson LXi 208. Please let us know what kinds of issues you have heard of or have had.

1Bahnerjet
02-20-2005, 04:01 PM
the link below would be a good starting point, they have a Message Board. Larson doesn't advertise in Hot Boat Mag. which may define there style & who there trying to sell to. is it a Ski/Wake Boat ? don't know anyone who owns one, but they seem nice for a Manufactured assembly line Boat. :squiggle:
www.trailerboats.com

jlnorthrup122
02-20-2005, 06:11 PM
1Bahnerjet is rite. I had a 1955 larson and it seemed to be a good boat! The new ones are build using the VEC process there are no wood stringers or bulkheads they are all molded fiberglass icorporated into the hull layup! I wouldn't be afraid of buying one if that is what you want! but we do call them tuperware boats aroun here :D no biggie!

Mandelon
02-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Zukigirl, are you on GD.com? Your screen name looks familiar.
A Larson is a production boat, not a custom as most here own. It would be a fine boat I am sure. You won't get anything special in the way of performance or styling, but you will get a reliable dependable boat.
Do you know what power and drive package the Larson comes with? A 305 and an Alpha 1?

Flying Tiger
03-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Is this pic of you Zukigirl?:http://rideglamis.com/uploads/post-14-1098911355.jpg