PDA

View Full Version : Great Finish - Terrible coverage

burtandnancy
02-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Yes, after sitting thru 1,000 commercials, and some fair racing, it finally came down to a great finish. But the TV coverage sucked, they missed so much, miss called so many times, and even the re-runs didn't show how Tony ended up 7th. All that good racing and who saw what happened to him?
Maybe the producers in CA will do a better job next week...

riverroyal
02-20-2005, 03:45 PM
race was great,,,Ive never seen so many commercials,and they were at the best parts of the race,Fox sucks

BLEWBAYOU1
02-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Yes, after sitting thru 1,000 commercials, and some fair racing, it finally came down to a great finish. But the TV coverage sucked, they missed so much, miss called so many times, and even the re-runs didn't show how Tony ended up 7th. All that good racing and who saw what happened to him?
Maybe the producers in CA will do a better job next week...
Man did you call that. Did you see when Jeff Gordan made the pass for the lead? Me neither, the camera man was so zoomed out the anouncer didn't even see it .I'm saying to myself that looks like gordan in the lead, then the annoucer finaly says oh it looks like gordon took the lead. Biggest pass of the race and they all missed it with no replay. And they call it the Biggest race.(worst coverage ever!) :messedup:
From what we saw it was a great race.
Brian ;)

BLEWBAYOU1
02-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Maybe the producers in CA will do a better job next week...[/QUOTE]
Hell, I think we could do a better job drunk. And get rid of that stuppid speed pointer thing thats always telling you how fast they are always going.I like it when they put that $hit up in the corner not all over the screen like a bunch of driver quotes. :D
Brian :messedup:

Dusty Times
02-20-2005, 04:31 PM
More commercials than the superbowl

rrrr
02-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Just a hint for you guys...
I'm not a big NASCAR fan, just watch Daytona and Bristol. Today we were driving back from a weekend trip so I found the race on Nascar's radio network, MRN. The announcers did a good job of calling the action and they are rocket scientists compared to the idiots on TV.
Before I started working on a crew at the Indy 500, I always watched the race with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway radio network feed tuned into my scanner. Same thing as I described above, the radio guys are way better than the TV guys.
The TV announcers are too impressed with themselves to call a good race, they just wanna talk about how much cool inside stuff they know. :sleeping:
Give it a try.

burtandnancy
02-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Can't remember ever hearing a NASCAR race on radio, but will look around...

C-2
02-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Stewart is a d ick.
No matter how much they try and turn Waltrip into Terry Bradshaw - ain't gonna happen, give it up. He's got the funky hair thing going on like Reggie Fountain - hasn't anybody ever told these guys it looks bad...real bad???
Burt, you gonna be in the infield at Fontana or hob-nobbing with the big wigs?

schiada96
02-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Can't remember ever hearing a NASCAR race on radio, but will look around...
mrn

Bense468
02-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Man did you call that. Did you see when Jeff Gordan made the pass for the lead? Me neither, the camera man was so zoomed out the anouncer didn't even see it .I'm saying to myself that looks like gordan in the lead, then the annoucer finaly says oh it looks like gordon took the lead. Biggest pass of the race and they all missed it with no replay. And they call it the Biggest race.(worst coverage ever!) :messedup:
From what we saw it was a great race.
Brian ;)
I don't know about you, but i saw the pass, and yes I was watching fox. The announcers did announce it way late. I looked over at my buddy and said gordon just passed and they are not even saying anything.

bigd1
02-21-2005, 04:37 AM
I guess nobody else wants the job because Waltrip absolutely sucks. I'm surprised he was able to break away from commercial shoots long enough to make it to the track - our loss. And why do they have to get the most inbred sounding hayseeds they can find to call the race? Everybody at Fox needs to get together and watch "Stroker Ace" a few times because they're just about there with their broadcast.

dossangers
02-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Can't remember ever hearing a NASCAR race on radio, but will look around...In person it was great DAYTONA ROCKS! jr was sandbagin! i think XM or SERIOUS satilite radio carry MRN they are the shit! if you love nascar you have to see daytona live once in your life!!