PDA

View Full Version : Arkancide, Clinton's Body Count

Forkin' Crazy
02-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Any one ever see this site?
Amazing what those two got away with!!! (http://www.apfn.org/apfn/count.htm)

mickeyfinn
02-20-2005, 06:47 PM
not a Clinton fanbut........here is snopes (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/clinton.htm)

Blown 472
02-20-2005, 06:55 PM
And the 100,000 that bush killed is chopped liver?

Steve 1
02-20-2005, 07:51 PM
And the 100,000 that bush killed is chopped liver?
Lay off the pipe!The only killing done is a few animals in human clothes that attacked us first.

Blown 472
02-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Lay off the pipe!The only killing done is a few animals in human clothes that attacked us first.
Could you show me where and when Iraq attacked us.

Forkin' Crazy
02-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Oops, sorry guys. :) At least I didn't hurt something important.......... like our post count. :messedup:

Steve 1
02-21-2005, 07:08 AM
You are not qualified to be in this discussion Period!!
BTW Why would you ask such an Imbecilic question?

OGShocker
02-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Something tells me you would be happier if I could. Maybe a nice creater in Bum fcuking where ever you live might make you feel better.
Ask the Kurds if they feel better.
Read this you dick wad. (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/rls/18714.htm)

Blown 472
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
You are not qualified to be in this discussion Period!!
BTW Why would you ask such an Imbecilic question?
And once again you have no proof.

Blown 472
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Something tells me you would be happier if I could. Maybe a nice creater in Bum fcuking where ever you live might make you feel better.
Ask the Kurds if they feel better.
Read this you dick wad. (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/rls/18714.htm)
And yet you have no proof either, but resort to name calling very mature of you.
Oh and before you start on the anti american love it or leave it crap, save your breath and just stick to the task at hand.

Steve 1
02-21-2005, 04:12 PM
And once again you have no proof.
Like I said you are not qualified.

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 05:20 AM
Like I said you are not qualified.
Which means "I dont know" pretty sad you can't answer a simple question.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Which means "I dont know" pretty sad you can't answer a simple question.
No it means you have a reading dysfunction and can’t assimilate facts like the rest of us; now add that to the fact you have never been anywhere...
Beyond any hope.

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 12:24 PM
No it means you have a reading dysfunction and can’t assimilate facts like the rest of us; now add that to the fact you have never been anywhere...
Beyond any hope.
Ok, well talking to you is like flogging a dead horse. Go back to your pork rinds and cheap beer and jacked up 4 x 4.

Forkin' Crazy
02-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Don't forget the Confederate Battle Flag hanging in the back window and a license plate on the front that says, "The South will Rise Again!" :220v:

Havasu_Dreamin
02-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Never debate an idot, people might not be able to tell the difference.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Ok, well talking to you is like flogging a dead horse. Go back to your pork rinds and cheap beer and jacked up 4 x 4.
Thats the best you can do?? Christ what a Nobody..

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Thats the best you can do?? Christ what a Nobody..
Like I said flogging a dead horse, you make rash statements and can't back them up and resort to name calling, pretty lame.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Like I said flogging a dead horse, you make rash statements and can't back them up and resort to name calling, pretty lame.
No one could be as stupid as you act,So the question is are you trying 100%?

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Boy howdy are you dense, remember this question? and I asked you when and where Iraq attacked us? aw **** it you are so dumb this is like pissing up a rope.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Bent 472 While on the subject of Imbeciles YOU are the one having a problem finding a connection between the Democrat Saddam Hussein and 9/11 talk about slow!

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Bent 472 While on the subject of Imbeciles YOU are the one having a problem finding a connection between the Democrat Saddam Hussein and 9/11 talk about slow!
You need a hobby.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 01:37 PM
And you Bent need a brain, But in second thought ;Refering to your chosen land of the witless I guess a half-wit like yourself can even be king..
Now run along and Play.

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 01:38 PM
And you Bent need a brain, But in second thought ;Refering to your chosen land of the witless I guess a half-wit like yourself can even be king..
Now run along and Play.
Now this is funny stuff, I need a brain? where the **** did you go to skool?

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Now this is funny stuff, I need a brain? where the **** did you go to skool?
Evidently since you are having a hard time sorting the good guys from the bad (we are at war) I would also suggest some travel..

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Evidently since you are having a hard time sorting the good guys from the bad (we are at war) I would also suggest some travel..
Thanks, where should I go since I have been all over north america and into europe. Have you been out of your county?

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks, where should I go since I have been all over north america and into europe. Have you been out of your county?
Bent 472 let's see I lived in the Middle-East for over 5 years (Military contractor among other things) right next to Iraq BTW where were you??

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Bent Like I said you are a nobody liberal with a mouth who only pisses off the real people.

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Bent 472 let's see I lived in the Middle-East for over 5 years (Military contractor among other things) right next to Iraq BTW where were you??
Golf clap for you. And you still have no clue.

mickeyfinn
02-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Don't know why we even bother with "bent". Some things are just beyond fixing. I have said this about someone before and I guess you are his replacement. I forgot who it was but there was a poll to ask whether or not he should leave. My response was that this site is like a small village and every village needs it idiot. Bent, I have absolutely no problem with you having issues with things that our government has done. I don't really believe you don't think there is a connection between Iraq and 9/11. (not even you can be that stupid). I think the problem you have is all you want to do is bitch. People get tired of that real quick. If you see the problem and want to recommend solutions go for it, just don't forget the process. We have a lot of idiots in this country who get the same vote as the rest of us. (Unfortunately most of them vote democrat, I think they even outnumber the mexicans.) For now I think you will just go to the ignore list.

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Don't know why we even bother with "bent". Some things are just beyond fixing. I have said this about someone before and I guess you are his replacement. I forgot who it was but there was a poll to ask whether or not he should leave. My response was that this site is like a small village and every village needs it idiot. Bent, I have absolutely no problem with you having issues with things that our government has done. I don't really believe you don't think there is a connection between Iraq and 9/11. (not even you can be that stupid). I think the problem you have is all you want to do is bitch. People get tired of that real quick. If you see the problem and want to recommend solutions go for it, just don't forget the process. We have a lot of idiots in this country who get the same vote as the rest of us. (Unfortunately most of them vote democrat, I think they even outnumber the mexicans.) For now I think you will just go to the ignore list.
Humm as I recall even bush said there was no connection, this week. We shall see who the stupid ones are.
I am really hurt that I am on your ignore list, and we had so much to talk about. Strange how someone that doesn't share your opinion is stupid and an idiot. Life must be hard being so narrow minded.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Golf clap for you. And you still have no clue.
Coming from a do nothing Idiot that is laughable.

Blown 472
02-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Coming from a do nothing Idiot that is laughable.
Try and read this with an open mind, well the best you can.
Why Didn’t The 9-11 Commission Investigate This?
“The possibility of nefarious use of these brilliant technologies developed and deployed by Systems Planning Corporation certainly deserves careful consideration in any full and impartial investigation of what actually took place on 9/11. In the context of 9/11 it also needs to be pointed out that Rabbi Dov Zakheim was Chief Executive Officer of System Planning Corporation's International Division until President George W. Bush appointed him Undersecretary of Defense and Comptroller of the Pentagon. Not long before Rabbi Zakheim rose to power over the Pentagon's labyrinthine, bottomless accounts, he co-authored an article entitled "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources for a New Century" which was published by The Project for a New American Century in September 2000, exactly a year before 9/11; in this article, on page 51, it is stated that "the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Harbor"! Voila! 9/11! Well, there you have it! Motive, means and opportunity all rolled into one and existing between Rabbi Dov Zakheim's ears. The motive was that a false flag intelligence operation would trigger a response by the USA that would be good for the Zionist state. The means consisted of the aforementioned remote control of airborne vehicle technologies as well as the nurturing, creative accounting at the Pentagon to pay for such an operation. The opportunity was Zakheim's closeness to the Command/Control/ Communications in our nation's capital and its interwoven cousin network of psychopathic Zionist Neo-Cons all hell-bent on provoking a war with Saddam Hussein.” Stephen St John The Mastermind Behind 9-11
As the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon The United States better known as the 9-11 Commission headed by former New Jersey Governor Thomas Kean and staffed by a bipartisan panel of insiders committed to obfuscating the truth about the events prior to and following 9-11; look for their final report to conclude 9-11 was the result of inopportune intelligence lapses, inter-agency turf wars, confusion in communications and systems malfunctions in short the typical red herring whitewash. Be prepared for the Commission to recommend closer co-operation between the FBI and CIA and call for an expanded domestic intelligence or the creation of a super agency- secret police bureaucracy, what ordinary folks would call a “Big Brother” scenario. George W Bush was reluctant to even conduct an investigation into 9-11, which should have been the tip off it was an inside job. Contrast Bush’s stonewall with what happened following the space shuttle Columbia’s explosion in 2003 there was an immediate investigation and report done within months! Bush waited almost two years and only relented when steady pressure from the family members of victims killed on 9-11 forced him to act! Initially he appointed Henry ‘The Butcher of East Timor” Kissinger but family members’ opposition to Kissinger and reevaluations of his major conflict of interests forced Kissinger to step down almost immediately. Nevertheless once the whitewash even Commission was up and running they complained of stonewalling and a lack of co-operation from the White House.
Makes you wonder if Bush and Co have anything to hide. Probably that’s why the White House lobbied so hard and won the right not to have to testify under oath! When former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney innocently asked if the Bush Administration had foreknowledge of terrorist attacks she was demonized and vilified by right wing fanatics and the corporate mind control apparatus. Her outspokenness against AmeriKKKa’s lop sided support for Israel, her questions about US foreign policy and 9-11 made her an easy target for both the Zionists and the Bush administration which proved to be a lethal combination. Lo and behold we discovered the CIA did in fact brief Bush about potential attacks a month before 9-11 at his Texas ranch. There was no apology offered to Cynthia McKinney, I wonder why?
After 9-11, it became widely know the US was experimenting with Global Hawk technology, the means to guide unmanned military aircraft at high altitudes for long distances. Now we learn one particular company, System Planning Corporation developed the capability to remotely control up to eight airplanes simultaneously while they are either on the ground or airborne from one position. (see Conspiracy buffs are showing interest in the fact Rabbi Dov Zakheim a former System Planning Corporation CEO was appointed by George W Bush as Undersecretary of Defense and Comptroller of the Pentagon. Coincidentally, or not, Zakheim is credited with writing an article entitled "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources for a New Century" which was published one year prior to 9-11 by The Project for a New American Century a group advocating global militarism and the flexing of US military might. Zakheim acknowledged a reluctance on the part of the AmeriKKKan public to embrace this type of policy “absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Harbor" (my emphasis!) The “new Pearl Harbor” scenario was 9-11. I wonder if the 9-11 Commission investigated this lead, if not why not? It is clear to those not mind numbed by the media mind control apparatus, 9-11 could not have happened without the complicity of high ranking government, intelligence and military personnel. Before you shout me down, check out “Operation Northwoods” or the real deal about the Gulf of Tonkin and the Viet Nam War, or the USS Maine and the Spanish American War, or how the Mexican American War started; then ask yourself if the events of 9-11, Afghanistan and Iraq don’t fit those patterns? Then ask yourself if the 9-11 Commission was really willing to go anywhere and follow any lead in search of the truth, why didn’t they investigate Rabbi Zakheim, Systems Planning Corporation remote control technologies and their connections to the Pro Zionist Project for A New American Century’s global agenda?

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Bent BUT!!!!! But the 9/11 Commission didn't even bother to trace the money trails of terrorist finance that led to the catastrophe three years ago, calling the question "one of little practical significance."
Saddam was the terrorist ATM; one small point here whoever pays is just as guilty. Just ask any Criminal Lawyer as a liberal you should know plenty. Anyway where is it mentioned that Saddam offered Bin Laden sanctuary?

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Here Bent:
Saddam, the ATM of Al Qaeda By Christopher S. Carson FrontPageMagazine.com | November 15, 2004
The Report of the 9/11 Commission has been digested, and the news media outlets have seized upon it as confirmation of their view that al Qaeda is a kind of purely stateless entity that never had "operational links" with rogue states like Iraq. Somehow, goes the thrust of the Report, Osama bin Laden was for years able to finance, train and supply an international terrorist corporation that had ongoing jihad operations in fifty countries - by himself, on no more than a $30 million personal fortune. Thirty million dollars is the budget of a small school district in Wisconsin, where I live.
But the 9/11 Commission didn't even bother to trace the money trails of terrorist finance that led to the catastrophe three years ago, calling the question "one of little practical significance."
As a criminal litigation attorney, I can say that who pays the bill is centrally important in every criminal conspiracy. American law makes no distinction between the crook who held up the bank, his friend who drove him to the bank, the lookout man, and the genius who paid for the ski masks. They are all equally guilty of the same crime, or "parties to the crime," in legal parlance.
So, let's ask the central question of our time: Did Saddam Hussein help pay for 9/11, making him legally and morally as guilty as the hijackers themselves? As a lawyer, I think a good circumstantial case can be made for this in a court of law. Of course, the world of national security decision-making should not require that intelligence meet the strict burden of proof required by the courts. Even if it did, however, the case is strong. Unfortunately, the 9/11 Commission ignored it.
The Commission's report implicitly concedes, though, that money is by its nature fungible. What you save from one funded terror project can now be spent for another terror project - a project that you might not have been able to afford otherwise.
It isn't as if bin Laden didn't need the money. As journalist Richard Miniter pointed out in his book "Losing Bin Laden," "the most compelling reason for bin Laden to work with Iraq was money." Al Qaeda officials have repeatedly whined, while under interrogation, that cash was always a problem. Saddam, on the other hand, had over $11 billion to play with, from skimming billions off the lucrative U.N. "Oil-for-Food" scam operation.
1998 was the critical year. Chronology itself can sometimes, in today's trendy words, "connect the dots."
According to intelligence relayed in the famous Douglas Feith memo to Congress revealed by the Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes, Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri (now the Number 2 in the al Qaeda hierarchy) paid a visit to Baghdad and immediately met with Iraqi Vice President Ramadan on February 3, 1998. According to the Feith memo, "the [stated] goal of the visit was to arrange for the coordination between Iraq and bin Laden and establish camps in Falluja, Nasiriya, and Iraqi Kurdistan under the leadership of Abdul Aziz."
This visit went well - very well. Saddam's intelligence service in essence cut a fat check directly to Zawahiri, for $300,000. American officials learned of this payout by "a senior member" of Iraqi intelligence. An administration official later told Stephen Hayes that the payout is so credible as to be undisputed: "It's a lock," the official said. U.S. News and World Report broke the story, and to date no one has ever come forward to question the reality of this payment. But what did the good terrorist doctor do with Saddam's cash?
After he received Saddam's payout, Zawahiri immediately folded up his tent and irrevocably merged his organization with bin Laden's. "The merger was de facto complete by February 1998," the 9/11 Report states. Zawahiri could have used Saddam's money for a few wild parties on yachts on the French Riviera. But I think it is far more plausible that he used it to fund the merger costs: to regularize the training and indoctrination of jihad recruits and to jump-start the new project initiatives of al Qaeda. It is impossible to believe that Saddam, state gangster extraordinaire, would simply sign over a check to a known terrorist and be unaware of what his money was going for. In effect, this payment helped fund the new, merged al Qaeda - and its new plots.
What was the big plot brewing in 1998? September 11, 2001. Bin Laden and Zawahiri knew they needed to kick their newly funded terrorist network off with a big public flourish. And so, less than three weeks after his new deputy's visit to Baghdad, on February 23, 1998, bin Laden issued his infamous public fatwa. The particular language had been in negotiation for some time, as part of the merger deal.
In the language of the 9/11 Report:
The Fatwa called for the murder of any American, anywhere on earth, as the "individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it."
Dr. Zawahiri had always enjoyed the reception Saddam gave him. He had already met Saddam personally six years earlier, in 1992, to plot terror. But in 1998, within a month of Saddam's payout and Zawahiri's merger with bin Laden, Saddam suddenly started ramping up his collaboration with al Qaeda. "In March 1998," the 9/11 Report states,
"After Bin Ladin's [Commission spelling] public fatwa against the United States, two al Qaeda members reportedly went to Iraq to meet with Iraqi intelligence. In July, an Iraqi delegation traveled to Afghanistan to meet first with the Taliban and then with Bin Ladin. Sources reported that one or perhaps both of these meetings were apparently arranged through Bin Ladin's Egyptian deputy, Zawahiri, who had ties of his own to the Iraqis."
What were these meetings about? Were they just "getting to know you" sessions over hookahs and Turkish coffee between murderers? I submit that they were too numerous just for that: instead, they were about attacking America. No other enemy had Saddam's attention at this time.
In 1998, Saddam and bin Laden began, yes, collaborating their PR efforts with energy. On May 1, 1998, Iraq threatened "dire consequences" if the U.N. didn't pull out the UNSCOM teams, especially Scott Ritter, then the most aggressive inspector (until Saddam, in an amazing coup de main, successfully bribed him with $400,000 sometime later, as the Weekly Standard revealed).
One week later, bin Laden also threatened America with permanent jihad. "Throughout the summer," wrote Richard Miniter, "Iraq's and bin Laden's threatening statements moved in lockstep." This PR collaboration was testified about by Iraq expert Dr. Laurie Mylroie at the New York civil trial brought by 9/11 families and specifically referenced by Judge Harold Baer as being persuasive in his decision holding Iraq responsible for 9/11.
In the hot spring of 1998, the CIA sent a local asset over to the al-Shifa pharmaceutical plant in Khartoum, Sudan. The man took a soil sample just outside the facility. At the safe house, his CIA handlers tested it for EMPTA, a precursor chemical only used for the deadly nerve gas VX. EMPTA has no commercial, innocent uses. The sample tested positive. It was not tested again, but four other lines of evidence connected the plant to al Qaeda-Iraqi joint nerve gas production: 1) Jane's Intelligence Review had recently published minutes of an October 1996 meeting of Sudanese officials that referred to Osama bin Laden agreeing to finance a chemical weapons factory just outside Khartoum; 2) the al-Shifa plant manager, according to then-Secretary of Defense William Cohen, had recently "traveled to Baghdad to meet with the father of the VX program" there; 3) the plant's registered owner, Salah Idiris, was later found to have a close relationship with Sheik Khalid bin Mahfouz, bin Laden's main fund-raiser/financier; and 4) the plant had recently been paid $199,000 by Saddam, ostensibly as part of the U.N.'s infamous "Oil-for-Food" program. But oddly, there was no record of any "medicine" being delivered to Iraq in the eight months from the inking of the contract and the destruction of the plant by the United States. There was just the money from Saddam, and the nerve gas.
By the late summer of 1998, bin Laden succeeded in blowing up two American embassies in East Africa, killing 257 people. Twenty days after the embassy bombings, Uday Hussein published a rabid editorial anointing bin Laden as "an Arab and Islamic hero." President Clinton retaliated by hitting a bin Laden training camp in Afghanistan and by razing the al-Shifa pharmaceutical plant with cruise missiles.
Ten days later, Iraqi Vice President Taha Yasin Ramadan jetted to the Sudan to meet with Hassan al-Turabi and other top officials - and to express Saddam's sympathy for being hit by America. Most of all, Vice President Ramadan wanted to extend to bin Laden's Sudanese contacts an offer of asylum in Iraq for bin Laden himself. Bin Laden, in what must have been his last satellite phone call, turned him down and stayed in Afghanistan.
In mid-December 1998, after Saddam again announced a full refusal to cooperate with the UNSCOM inspectors, President Clinton launched Operation Desert Fox to "degrade" (for a few days) Saddam's capacity for producing WMD in quantity. So in 1998, "Iraq was under intensifying U.S. pressure," the Report states. That's putting it mildly. Inspecting the wreckage of his newly JDAMed (Joint Direct Attack Munition, a "smart" weapon) Military Intelligence Headquarters, Saddam must have wanted his usual revenge, but he needed a way to keep his fingerprints off it and thus avoid more U.S. airstrikes.
One way to exact the proper revenge was to keep the money flowing to al Qaeda and its affiliates. Former Iraqi intelligence officer Abdul Rahman al-Shamari, now in a Kurdish jail, told Jonathan Schanzer of the Weekly Standard that he personally was an aid conduit to Ansar al-Islam on Saddam's orders. Ansar al-Islam is, of course, an al Qaeda affiliate that was badly bombed during Operation Iraqi Freedom. We gave them money every month or two, Shamari recounted, noting that "on one occasion we gave them 10 million Swiss dinars [about $700,000]." Shamari's immediate boss was high-ranking Saddam loyalist and Mukhabarat officer Abu Wael. Saddam used Ansar al-Islam to make trouble in the pro-Western Kurdish north of Iraq, Shamari explained. Mullah Krekar, the spiritual head of Ansar al-Islam, while protected by the government of Norway, actually admitted to ABC News that Abu Wael "is an Arabic member of our shura, our leadership council also."
The small Philippine al Qaeda affiliate Abu Sayyaf is known for kidnapping, bombing, ransoming and beheading Americans. It also received cash from Saddam, according to its leader, Hamsinaji Sali, to the tune of 1 million pesos each year since 2000. Further, the second secretary at the Iraqi Embassy in Manila, Hisham Hussein, was "outed" before the Iraq War as simultaneously being a Mukhabarat officer and the boss of an "established network" of al Qaeda-linked terrorists, primarily Abu Sayyaf. What conceivable interest could Saddam Hussein have in Islamic terrorists half a world away from Iraq? There is only one answer: Abu Sayyaf was killing Americans.
And, of course, there was always Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Zarqawi is to this day writing letters to Osama bin Laden begging for cash to fund his bombings of Iraqi and coalition targets inside Iraq. One of these was intercepted en route via courier and published by Iraq administrator L. Paul Bremer on the Web site of the Coalition Provisional Authority. But Zarqawi didn't show up in Iraq out of a seething but justified sense of outrage over the U.S. occupation. Before the Iraq War, Zarqawi had his own camps in northern Iraq, where he made poisons. He was a ricin specialist, according to Colin Powell in his February 2003 address to the U.N. Security Council. There is no antidote to ricin poison and the result is always death to those exposed.
One of these camps, searched by the Marines earlier this year, turned up a 7-pound block of pure, ready-to-use cyanide. Saddam had his own paid man working right under Zarqawi. When Zarqawi became ill in May of 2002, Saddam put him up in Baghdad's best hospital - used only by the loyalist elite - for two months. Zarqawi never saw the tab. From his bedside, with Saddam's approval, Zarqawi held court over perhaps 24 jihadis in his own group, which coordinated al Qaeda travelers in and out of the country to places like Saudi Arabia. In case the world missed the point, Zarqawi and his group this week reportedly declared their solemn allegiance to Osama bin Laden and merged with al-Qaeda.
So, back in 1998, how could Saddam wreak a truly satisfying revenge against America? Things needed to come to a head. He sent the deputy head of the Iraqi Mukhabarat, Farouk Hijazi, on a secret mission through the high Hindu Kush mountains in wintry December 1998 to Kandahar to meet with bin Laden, according to the liberal British newspaper The Guardian. Was Hijazi carrying money with him? Unfortunately, the 9/11 Commission wasn't interested in asking. But one remarkable thing immediately happened: according to the 9/11 Report, bin Laden, now confident in the backing of Saddam's Iraq, and "apparently at [military chief] Muhammed Atef 's urging, finally decided to give al Qaeda planner Khalid Sheik Mohammed the green light for the 9/11 operation," the Report states.
It seems reasonable to imagine that something tangible changed bin Laden's mind. Shouldn't the 9/11 Commission at least be interested in exploring whether or not it was the cold, hard cash from Saddam, brought personally by his intelligence operative, Farouk Hijazi? This money trail, if it exists, will lie in the file boxes of the Mukhabarat's archives.
Saddam used his Mukhabarat operative in Prague, Ahmed al-Ani, to keep tabs on the 9/11 project through its ringleader, Mohamed Atta. Saddam also employed Ahmed Hikmat Shakir, a lieutenant colonel in the Fedayeen Saddam, to babysit some of the 9/11 hijackers in Kuala Lumpur at the major planning session in early January 2000. Puddles of ink have been spent on these two connections, particularly by Stephen Hayes in his book "The Connection." The 9/11 Commission airily dismisses the Prague connection in a few sentences, and doesn't bother to mention the Shakir trip to Malaysia.
As September 11, 2001 loomed, Saddam could hardly conceal his anticipation. Two months before 9/11, the state-controlled Iraqi newspaper Al-Nasiriya carried a column headlined "America, An Obsession Called Osama Bin Ladin." In the piece, Baath Party writer Naeem Abd Muhalhal predicted that bin Laden would attack the U.S. "with the seriousness of the Bedouin of the desert about the way he will try to bomb the Pentagon after he destroys the White House." Saddam's writer also insisted that bin Laden "will strike America on the arm that is already hurting [i.e., the economy] and that the U.S. "will curse the memory of Frank Sinatra every time he hears his songs" - an apparent reference to the Sinatra classic "New York, New York." Judge Baer relied in part on this too-clever-by-half article as he issued his decision holding Iraq liable for September 11.
A mere two weeks before the Big Day, Saddam put his entire military on high alert, expecting the United States to bomb him in response. Only a single news source, Con Coughlin of the British Daily Telegraph, reported this fact, which has never since been disputed. The American bombs would actually come more than a year and a half later, but in the meantime, Saddam and his sons waxed rhapsodic over the carnage of September 11. "America is reaping the thorns planted by its rulers in the world," Saddam gloated to Agence France-Presse. Uday Hussein exultantly proclaimed, "These were courageous operations carried out by young Arabs and Muslims!" according to quotes picked up by the Saudi daily Asharq al-Awsat.
I rest my case. If Saddam has a defense to it, no one has yet presented it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Christopher S. Carson, formerly of the American Enterprise Institute, is an attorney in private practice in Milwaukee.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 05:09 PM
More I could go for days on this.
The man tapped to head Iraq's new interim government is vouching for the authenticity of evidence that links Saddam Hussein to the 9/11 attacks.
Though the notion that Iraq played a role in 9/11 is considered heresy in U.S. intelligence circles, newly appointed Iraq Prime Minister Ayad Allawi said Tuesday that a document purported to be from Saddam's intelligence service that places lead 9/11 hijacker Mohammed Atta in Baghdad two months before the attacks was indeed "genuine."
"We are uncovering evidence all the time of Saddam's involvement with al-Qaeda," Allawi told the London Telegraph. "But this is the most compelling piece of evidence that we have found so far. It shows that not only did Saddam have contacts with al-Qaeda, he had contact with those responsible for the September 11 attacks."
According to the Telegraph, Prime Minister Allawi said the document was "genuine."
As first reported by the Telegraph in Dec. 2003, the document - a handwritten memo, dated July 1, 2001 - provides a short resume of a three-day "work program" Atta had undertaken at Abu Nidal's terrorist training camp in Baghdad.
Nidal was executed by Saddam's secret police in August 2002 in what some suspect was a bid to keep him from telling what he knew about 9/11.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Here:
Iraq's coalition government claims that it has uncovered documentary proof that Mohammed Atta, the al-Qaeda mastermind of the September 11 attacks against the US, was trained in Baghdad by Abu Nidal, the notorious Palestinian terrorist.
Details of Atta's visit to the Iraqi capital in the summer of 2001, just weeks before he launched the most devastating terrorist attack in US history, are contained in a top secret memo written to Saddam Hussein, the then Iraqi president, by Tahir Jalil Habbush al-Tikriti, the former head of the Iraqi Intelligence Service.
The handwritten memo, a copy of which has been obtained exclusively by the Telegraph, is dated July 1, 2001 and provides a short resume of a three-day "work programme" Atta had undertaken at Abu Nidal's base in Baghdad.
In the memo, Habbush reports that Atta "displayed extraordinary effort" and demonstrated his ability to lead the team that would be "responsible for attacking the targets that we have agreed to destroy".
The second part of the memo, which is headed "Niger Shipment", contains a report about an unspecified shipment - believed to be uranium - that it says has been transported to Iraq via Libya and Syria.
Although Iraqi officials refused to disclose how and where they had obtained the document, Dr Ayad Allawi, a member of Iraq's ruling seven-man Presidential Committee, said the document was genuine.
"We are uncovering evidence all the time of Saddam's involvement with al-Qaeda," he said. "But this is the most compelling piece of evidence that we have found so far. It shows that not only did Saddam have contacts with al-Qaeda, he had contact with those responsible for the September 11 attacks."
Although Atta is believed to have been resident in Florida in the summer of 2001, he is known to have used more than a dozen aliases, and intelligence experts believe he could easily have slipped out of the US to visit Iraq.
Abu Nidal, who was responsible for the failed assassination of the Israeli ambassador to London in 1982, was based in Baghdad for more than two decades.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 05:19 PM
(CBS) Over a thousand victims and family members of those who died in the Sept. 11 attacks sued Iraq and its leader Saddam Hussein Wednesday alleging there is evidence of a conspiracy with Osama bin Laden to attack the United States.
The lawsuit alleges that Iraqi officials were aware, before Sept. 11, of plans by bin Laden to attack New York and the Pentagon.
The suit, filed Wednesday on behalf of 1,400 victims of the Sept. 11 attacks and their families, also claims Iraq sponsored terrorists for a decade to avenge its defeat in the Gulf War.
"Since Iraq could not defeat the U.S. military, it resorted to terror attacks on U.S. citizens," said the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court.
The suit names bin Laden, al Qaeda and Iraq as defendants and seeks more than $1 trillion in damages. It was brought by Kreindler & Kreindler, a New York law firm specializing in aviation disaster litigation.
Although other lawsuits have been filed against some of the same defendants, Jim Kreindler, one of the lawyers bringing the litigation, said the suits were the first to include certain detailed information about Iraq's alleged involvement in the attacks.
"We have evidence Iraq knew and approved of the Sept. 11 targets," he said.
It relies in part on a newspaper article published July 21, 2001, in Al Nasiriyah, 185 miles southwest of Baghdad. The law firm provided The Associated Press with a copy of the article written in Arabic and an English translation.
According to the lawsuit, a columnist writing under the byline Naeem Abd Muhalhal described bin Laden thinking "seriously, with the seriousness of the Bedouin of the desert, about the way he will try to bomb the Pentagon after he destroys the White House."
The columnist also allegedly wrote that bin Laden was "insisting very convincingly that he will strike America on the arm that is already hurting," a possible reference to the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.
The lawsuit says a former associate of Muhalhal contends the writer has been connected with Iraqi intelligence since the early 1980s. It also says Muhalhal was praised by Iraqi President Saddam Hussein in the Sept. 1, 2001, issue for his "documentation of important events and heroic deeds that proud Iraqis have accomplished."
Kreindler said Muhalhal had advance knowledge of al Qaeda's specific targets on Sept. 11 and that "Iraqi officials were aware of plans to attack American landmarks."
"Further, we have evidence that Iraq provided support for bin Laden and his al Qaeda terror organization for nearly a decade," he said.
The lawsuit said there have been numerous meetings between Iraqi intelligence agents and high-ranking al Qaeda members to plan terror attacks.
The suit said bin Laden's chief deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, whose whereabouts are unknown, met with Iraqi intelligence agents in Baghdad in 1992. An Iraqi serving with the Taliban who fled Afghanistan in the fall of 2001 and was captured in Kurdistan has corroborated the meeting and confirmed that Iraqi contacts with al Qaeda began in 1992, the lawsuit said.
The lawsuit noted that Ramzi Yousef arrived in New York on Sept. 1, 1992, with an Iraqi passport to begin planning the 1993 trade center bombing that killed six people and injured more than 1,000 others. Yousef is serving a life prison term after being convicted in the bombing and a plot to blow up a dozen airliners over the Far East in 1995.
The lawsuit alleges that Yousef was an Iraqi intelligence agent who traveled to the United States using travel documents forged in Kuwait during the Iraqi occupation of that country in 1991.
©MMII CBS Worldwide Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press and Reuters Ltd. contributed to this report.

Steve 1
02-22-2005, 05:38 PM
More:
Some people want to believe there was no connection between 9-11, Afghanistan and Iraq. So we reviewed the recent history of terrorists (Islamic Extremist) and their ties to Saddam's regime and have sought out the truth to explain the reasons why we believe the terrorists’ center of gravity was and is right here in Iraq.
Palestinian terrorist Abu Nidal took refuge in Baghdad in 1999. Nidal’s group is guilty of murdering 407 people, ten of them Americans, and wounding 788 others in attacks in 20 countries.
On April 18th, 2003 Khala Khadar al Salahat, a known terrorist, surrendered to U.S. Marines in Baghdad. Salahat and Nidal supplied the plastic explosives used by Libyan terrorists to destroy Pan-Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie Scotland in 1988. That attack killed 259 people, 35 of them were American college students.
Abu Abbas, mastermind of the hijacking of the Italian Cruise ship Achilles Lauro in 1985, was captured by U.S. Army Special Forces near Baghdad on April 14th, 2003. Abbas had been living in Baghdad under Iraqi protection since 2002.
Ramzi Yousef, who planned the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, entered the U.S. on an Iraqi Passport. Abdul Rahman Yasin, who was indicted for mixing the chemicals used in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, fled to Baghdad where the Iraqi government provided him a house and a salary for years.
Saddam is known to have supported Palestinian suicide bombers through his "Arab Liberation Front" which awarded $10,000 to the family of each bomber who conducted a terrorist attack. Between March 2002 and March 2003 these attacks killed 223 people including 12 Americans, and wounded 1209.
Abu Musab Zarqawi, a known figure in Osama Bin Ladin's network, is the #1 Terrorist target in Iraq today and is the Al Qaeda leader responsible for a series of terrorist attacks and beheadings in Iraq. Zarqawi is now holding and threatening to be-head the innocent humanitarian aide worker Margaret Hassan.
Another known 9-11 connection was in January of 2002, Nawaz al-Hamzi and Khalid al-Midhar met with Iraqi diplomat Ahmed Hikmat Shakir in Malaysia. Shakir escorted them to an Al Qaeda 9-11 planning meeting. Shakir was arrested six days after 9-11.
It is clear that we are here for the right reasons, but being away from home has caused our families tremendous stress and strain. We pray that our family members and friends back home understand that the sacrifices they are making will not be in vain. Family separations have caused hardships but the results will make the world a safer and better place. It may not be obvious because the good news is often obscured or overshadowed by the bad news, but please know we are making progress in changing a part of the world that will ultimately make all Americans safer. Thanks for your support and please keep the prayers flowing.