PDA

View Full Version : Who knows of a good accounting program?

hoolign
02-20-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm thinkin of trying to do my own accounting ..See what kind of mess i can make ! :D

rrrr
02-20-2005, 05:34 PM
QuickBooks is easy.
Or are you looking for CookBooks? :D :D

hoolign
02-20-2005, 05:37 PM
QuickBooks is easy.
Or are you looking for CookBooks? :D :D
No I'm full now
:D just need to somthing about writing off all the ingrediants i bought!! :D

Infomaniac
02-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Quickbooks Pro

EXTREMEBOATS
02-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Quickbooks is the way to go. Just choose the version that is right for your biz. :D

hoolign
02-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Quickbooks Pro
That's the one I heard of but could not remember...thanx
Jeff.

jdf
02-20-2005, 06:06 PM
now what do you need to keep track of just make the rig hands count the drill pipe first and when it gone you are at t.d.

hoolign
02-20-2005, 06:08 PM
now what do you need to keep track of just make the rig hands count the drill pipe first and when it gone you are at t.d.
:D :D :D

Starloans
02-20-2005, 06:11 PM
I own 2 businesses and use QB pro. The personsal version is easy but the Pro version is not so simple. We had a prob with entering loans we had made to the corporation and expected repayment for and a couple of other things. You could enter the loan but it would show up in the wrong place. A vehicle loan was easy but the others were more of a challange.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo we call tech support and guess were we are calling? You guessed it. India. And of course They want you to sign up 1 year of tech support. Let me just tell you this. QB tech support give a whole new meaning to "Let me check with my manager" (in Indian accent) Took about a month to figure out the bugs. I think my partner and I are pretty computer literate but basically the pro version requires training to use it correctly. It's supposed to be the best accounting software. Good luck.

jdf
02-20-2005, 06:13 PM
qb pro may be too much for the hoolie man than on the other hand a long fattie and some time he might make it ....

THATJEFFGUY
02-20-2005, 06:14 PM
I use QuickBooks Pro for all 3 of my businesses. It seems to be the easiest and most comprehensive acctg program I have tried..so that would be my suggestion !

rrrr
02-20-2005, 06:30 PM
No I'm full now
:D just need to somthing about writing off all the ingrediants i bought!! :D
What I meant to say was CookTheBooks
:D :D

Dawn Patrol
02-20-2005, 06:34 PM
What I meant to say was CookTheBooks
:D :D
Is there any other type? :D

dean51267
02-20-2005, 07:01 PM
888-OWENCPA.
Actually my staff does books for that many.
We can talk, no charge, and see what workd best for you, everything has its pros and cons, just need to see what fits you best.
P.S. I own a CPA firm, operate 4 businesses, and in Western Ky am kind of known as the small business guy. Call me, I can help.

dean51267
02-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Quick books has been responsible for more small business failures than almost any other cause known to man. They try and convince everyone they can be an accountant if they can just write checks.
The quick books moto is "I must have money left, I still got checks!"

superdave013
02-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Peachtree or Mas90
I just switched from quickbooks to Peachtree.

hoolign
02-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Peachtree or Mas90
I just switched from quickbooks to Peachtree.
Why? and which do you find easier?

ROZ
02-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Quickbooks doesn't make bad decisions, people do.
I don't like using peachtree...
If a person knows what they want to accomplish in keping track of his small business finances, he can learn a lot by formulating Excel to work for him...
It's not for everyone, but it can work well if done right.
Knowing how it works is knowing about your business...

ROZ
02-20-2005, 07:41 PM
The quick books moto is "I must have money left, I still got checks!"
I must have a ton of money then...Guess I'll make that appiontment with Shockwave; The bank just sent me 2 boxes of checks.... :p

hoolign
02-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Quickbooks doesn't make bad decisions, people do.
I don't like using peachtree...
If a person knows what they want to accomplish in keping track of his small business finances, he can learn a lot by formulating Excel to work for him...
It's not for everyone, but it can work well if done right.
Knowing how it works is knowing about your business...
Good point! I'm just getting used to Excell.

ROZ
02-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Good point! I'm just getting used to Excell.
It's very useful..It can do way more than most prople think. The best part is that YOU really know what's going on with your business because you command what and where the information goes...
A Jewish CPA once told me that there's a couple things you need to do to know your business. YOU open the mail, sign the checks, and,,, damn, I can never remember the last one..
:cry: :D