PDA

View Full Version : Boy oh boy does the Phoenix boat show blow!

jdogginla
02-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Wow...........I'd post pics if there were any real good pics to post, but that boat show, should be ashamed to A) Call itself a boat show B) Charge people $8.00 to get in!
Had a great time with Gary(force 26) and kick'n it in his new boat! (I'll let him post the first pics of it) and Louie.............well Louie is Louie, just as great a guy on the phone as he is in person......a real no bullshit kinda guy! Going back out to see him in a few weeks.............man can that guy throw back a few drinks!
Never again.........will I venture out of town for a boat show though :messedup:

OutCole'd
02-20-2005, 07:27 PM
I would trade you in a second. The show in Vegas is by far the worst. Except for the ocean cruisers & bayliners, the only builder showing anything was Advantage. You can walk the whole show in less than 10 minutes. :(

jdogginla
02-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Ohhhhh and a reminder.............never flying out of LAX again either. Broke my own fricken rules, and paid the price! :boxingguy

taxman
02-20-2005, 09:49 PM
ya louie and I are good friends and when we get together I usually am off to the races straight to betty ford!!!! :D

MOSKITOW
02-21-2005, 07:34 AM
what a waste of eight dollars :mad: it took ten minutes to walk the are and have a beer...talked to louie for a few minutes, since his shop is down the street a few blocks from mine...he said he was selling boats...I didn't see any body buying a damb thing... :argue:

HCS
02-21-2005, 11:20 AM
To me that's what blows about boat shows. They charge to get in. :hammerhea
One trick to get a free pass is to go to a local boat dealer and tell them your interested in buying a boat, and you want a free pass to the show. They almost always will kick some down.
Our local boat is March 9-13 in Sacramento. It's not the greatest but I usually go anyway.

Jordy
02-21-2005, 01:31 PM
I tried to warn you guys last week. Tuesday as a matter of fact. Check out Hot Spots West. :idea: :D

Holland
02-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Wife and I were there for a hour or so... Had couple of drinks... hung with Louie and gang... Met with Gary (Force26) (Will be needing a name change now...) for a while... Went to have dinner, and a couple of drinks later... and said... What the he^^ go back to that show for... Kachina, Magic and very few others were entertaining, but how long did that take? eeessshhhhh Sorry for not getting back Gary, but you were there... Plus I was there Friday too!!!!

Holland
02-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Wow...........I'd post pics if there were any real good pics to post, but that boat show, should be ashamed to A) Call itself a boat show B) Charge people $8.00 to get in!
Had a great time with Gary(force 26) and kick'n it in his new boat! (I'll let him post the first pics of it) and Louie.............well Louie is Louie, just as great a guy on the phone as he is in person......a real no bullshit kinda guy! Going back out to see him in a few weeks.............man can that guy throw back a few drinks!
Never again.........will I venture out of town for a boat show though :messedup:
jdogginla... I was waiting for ya with Gary, but I couldnt take the hype anymore... I had to go see the "Life" in downtown Phoenix... HA!

jdogginla
02-22-2005, 07:49 AM
jdogginla... I was waiting for ya with Gary, but I couldnt take the hype anymore... I had to go see the "Life" in downtown Phoenix... HA!
Sat or Sun???? Sat I was there for atleast 3 hours.........all spent with Louie and Gary. Sun, last minute change in plans, I'll catch you next time. :)

Holland
02-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Sat or Sun???? Sat I was there for atleast 3 hours.........all spent with Louie and Gary. Sun, last minute change in plans, I'll catch you next time. :)
Yeah... I was with Gary when you were landing or... almost there anyway
(On Saturday) oh well... 'till the summer!!!

Dribble
02-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Our local boat is March 9-13 in Sacramento. It's not the greatest but I usually go anyway.
The Sacramento Boat Show is the worst. Last year there was one Nordic 22' in a tent outside of the main building. There were no other custom builders there. You will get lost in a sea of wakeboard and Bayliner type boats and big cruisers. The food sucked too. And the power was off for about two hours.

HCS
02-22-2005, 09:21 AM
The Sacramento Boat Show is the worst. Last year there was one Nordic 22' in a tent outside of the main building. There were no other custom builders there. You will get lost in a sea of wakeboard and Bayliner type boats and big cruisers. The food sucked too. And the power was off for about two hours.
That bad huh! A couple years ago they had one building with custom boats.
I guess they don't do that anymore. (f)uck it! I aint going then. :angry2:

jdogginla
02-22-2005, 09:47 AM
The phoenix show had Magic.......but the peeps there weren't very cordial....Nordic had two boats there, but NO ONE around and no booth. WTF!@#$ Alot of Bass boats and a couple of house boats.............and the food was convention food, but the beer and rum were the best deals. :hammer2:

PHX ATC
02-22-2005, 10:11 AM
The phoenix show had Magic.......but the peeps there weren't very cordial....Nordic had two boats there, but NO ONE around and no booth. WTF!@#$ Alot of Bass boats and a couple of house boats.............and the food was convention food, but the beer and rum were the best deals. :hammer2:
That doesn't surprise me about Nordic, 2 and 3 years ago when we went the showing was dismal and empty. Then again, everybody at the custom powerboat places thought their poopie didn't stink when we wandered around their carpet.
That's why I haven't gone in 2 years, it sucks.
My wife makes me go to horse shows now anyway. :hammerhea :wink:

SCUBA STEVE
02-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Sure glad I spent the weekend pulling weeds and painting. :cool:

PHX ATC
02-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Sure glad I spent the weekend pulling weeds and painting. :cool:
You missed some! :2purples:

BigDogIvan
02-22-2005, 11:50 AM
You missed some! :2purples:
I think I have the corner market on weeds. Them darn things will not die when spryed and all they do is clog the mower if you try to mowe them down. :devil:
BD