PDA

View Full Version : I'm Hooked!

mister460
06-13-2001, 03:36 PM
I just noticed that my boat has some visible hook in it. Now I haven't measured it with a straightedge yet but it looks like it's moderate. I'm in the process of glassing in a Berk jet in place of a Jacuzzi and my calibrated eye noticed it. My question is this:Once you get hooked, how do you get un-hooked? I'm very good with glass so I know I could do it myself. Just need to know how to get the hook out!! Any help is great!
Nitrous makes you laugh because speed is fun!!

spectras only
06-13-2001, 06:22 PM
Mister,If your boat's bottom is 1" thick,you can grind it out.If it's 1/2",you'll have to turn the boat upside down and lay it up to get rid of the hook. 1/8 of an inch hook isn't too bad,but a quarter needs to be addressed.Hope your engine is out at the moment so turning the boat over shouldn't be a problem.

mister460
06-14-2001, 06:58 AM
Well, the motor is out right now but I'm on a crunch for time. I've got one month to have the boat ready. Family reunion thing. But this winter I guess I could take on that project! Till then, I guess I'll have to just build sick power to overcome the drag! Thanks Spectras! Hey, did you read my reply to you on "jet efficiency" post?

dcraig
06-14-2001, 08:46 AM
Hey mister460. Does a basic NOS kit require an upgrade from a stock ignition system? I'm thinking about adding one to my 454 mag engine.

Eric
06-14-2001, 09:33 AM
Here's an excellent page on removing hook... http://members.aol.com/hhano2/page4.html
Eric

spectras only
06-14-2001, 11:04 AM
Mister ,I replied on the 12th

mister460
06-14-2001, 11:25 AM
Oh, sorry about that! I guess it was me who didn't check it. My bad! Great page Eric! Very helpful! I guess my winter is taken up. Thanks everybody, you guys are a great help!!

Slow Boat 001
06-15-2001, 10:38 PM
This might make you crap in your pants but when you are not going to use your boat. fill it up with water and it might warp back. remember to jack it up off of the trailer. Do this all summer and you might not have to re do your bottom this wenter. remember to jack your boat up off the trailer when the summer fun is over.Wenter sucks but so will your summer when you get out your boat after it sat on the trailer all wenter. www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com (http://www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com)