PDA

View Full Version : Honda Tranny Help

GottaJet
02-21-2005, 12:36 PM
I just got a call from my sister hysterical about a clunking noise her passport is making everytime it shifts. So I go over and give it a test drive, and sure enough it's clunking into gear on the upshift and downshift. Has anyone had a similar situation with any of your vehicles? Any insight you can provide will be a big help.. Thanks in advance GJ :)

Jet City
02-21-2005, 12:44 PM
I don't have any mechanical advice, but you may be surprised what changing the fluid can do (if its been a while). My wife used to drive a Probe GT, it developed a terrible hard shift and slipping, problem went away after changing the tranny sauce.

victorfb
02-21-2005, 12:57 PM
the clunking may or may not be in the tranny itself. look at the drive line as someone in the car shifts gears at a stand still. shifting from reverse to forward and back may allow you to see a problem with accesive movement. a worn CV, broken driveline part, ect can be the culprit. and alot easier to fix than the transmission.

GottaJet
02-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanx Guys :)

mike37
02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
the clunking may or may not be in the tranny itself. look at the drive line as someone in the car shifts gears at a stand still. shifting from reverse to forward and back may allow you to see a problem with accesive movement. a worn CV, broken driveline part, ect can be the culprit. and alot easier to fix than the transmission.
sounds like a U joint to me to
you can check it with the car on level ground in gear motor off of course
rock the car back and forth if it a U joint you will hear it

1979tarva
02-22-2005, 10:47 PM
how about the motor/trans mounts they can make a lot of nose when shifting

wrenchdaddy
02-23-2005, 05:15 AM
I second the motor and trans mounts, a friend at work just had his replaced and his car is only 9 years old. And it was clunkin liek crazy.