PDA

View Full Version : how do u get in ur boat???

wrenchdaddy
02-21-2005, 07:13 PM
How do you guys get back in ur boat after wakeboarding, swimming, etc. I have O/T's and no swim platform or steps and even if I did whats the point of having it on the back when the first thing ur gonna want to grab when u pull urslef up is a nice big shiny scalding hot Basset header?? Im not worried abotu me and my brother but my g/f and the rest of my family won;t be able to pull themselves over the sid eof the boat, any suggestions?

TRG
02-21-2005, 07:31 PM
How do you guys get back in ur boat after wakeboarding, swimming, etc. I have O/T's and no swim platform or steps and even if I did whats the point of having it on the back when the first thing ur gonna want to grab when u pull urslef up is a nice big shiny scalding hot Basset header?? Im not worried abotu me and my brother but my g/f and the rest of my family won;t be able to pull themselves over the sid eof the boat, any suggestions?
anytime i have been outside of my boat when in the water, i seem to go to the bow and pull myself up and then slide (skitch) around the sides of the bow to the bubble and then one leg at a time! (the last part was me being scarcastic! lol) get in the boat!
im pretty anal about people getting in in the deep though!...i stay on em' perty good! lol
i generally dont take the "HEAVIES" on too long of a ride, only cuz sooner or later they are gonna ask to get out to get wet or take a piss,...im sure you can fig out the rest! lol
(hope not to have offended anyone overweight!...if i cant pull you in,...you aint ridin! J/K..... but i thought it was funny!)
Todd
P.S. the above statements were most all bull$hit, just in tha mood to fu$k with people!

superdave013
02-21-2005, 07:40 PM
anytime i have been outside of my boat when in the water, i seem to go to the bow and pull myself up and then slide (skitch) around the sides of the bow to the bubble and then one leg at a time! (the last part was me being scarcastic! lol) get in the boat!
im pretty anal about people getting in in the deep though!...i stay on em' perty good! lol
i generally dont take the "HEAVIES" on too long of a ride, only cuz sooner or later they are gonna ask to get out to get wet or take a piss,...im sure you can fig out the rest! lol
(hope not to have offended anyone overweight!...if i cant pull you in,...you aint ridin! J/K..... but i thought it was funny!)
Todd
P.S. the above statements were most all bull$hit, just in tha mood to fu$k with people!
Heavies, that is funny comming from someone with roots to So. Indiana. lol back there they call guys like you skinnies.
wrenchdaddy, your boat looks pretty low profile. If someone can't get in it's time for them to hit the gym man.

TRG
02-21-2005, 07:49 PM
LMFAO!...was waiting to see how long for a comment, 11 min's not too bad.

Squirtin Thunder
02-21-2005, 07:52 PM
If they can't lift thier own body wieght they an't getin in. And you should plan ahead and send anyone that you are worried about to the gym now, to prepair for summer.

cyclone
02-21-2005, 09:26 PM
If your boat has a ski tow then just put one foot on top of the bowl, grab ahold of the ski tow and then hoist yourself onto the back of the boat. then just carefully walk along the top of the gunnel while avoiding the header and using the air scoop for support. :)

Sangster
02-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Don't get outta' da Boat.....

Sangster
02-21-2005, 10:12 PM
cyclone....Did the video's ever make it....... :cool:

moneysucker
02-21-2005, 10:14 PM
I don't want any one getting in my boat by the motor. I don't care about them getting burned but it is a pain getting the skinn off the headers and the smell!! I have had no problem with anyone getting in the boat and no splashing getting out, No water spots. I have a tunnel so you can get a little footing on the center pod getting in at the seat areas. Since I have black seats, The wetter you are when you get in, the less it burns. Mine is not a family cruiser and it is treated better than the passengers are.

Danhercules
02-21-2005, 10:22 PM
I use the steering wheel. I grab on to that and get a leg up on the gunnel and get in there. Its probally not the best for the wheel, but hey. Its my boat. LOL

dmontzsta
02-21-2005, 10:52 PM
I usually let people step on the cav plate and come in from the back if the motor is not hot, if not they kind of roll in over the side. Heavies and old folks get the dock treatment. :)

TRG
02-21-2005, 11:04 PM
I usually let people step on the cav plate and come in from the back if the motor is not hot, if not they kind of roll in over the side. Heavies and old folks get the dock treatment. :)
damn don, you might make people think your a nice guy! lol

DUNDUN
02-21-2005, 11:09 PM
step onto the cav. plates, pull up from the ski-tow, grab onto velocity stacks, walk around into the boat on the rails while grabbing the velocity stacks...

wrenchdaddy
02-22-2005, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, my best friend just happens to be 6'7" 325 lbs, guess I better tell him to hit the gym fast, lol.

Nubbs
02-22-2005, 08:02 AM
When I had my Nordic Bubbledeck, I would either step on the bowl and grab the ski tow or I would go on the side and get one knee on the gunnel and pull myself in. I'm sure I looked like a beached whale flopping around. I stepped up in size to a 21 and it has a swimstep. I'm also adding an aqua step.
Nubbs

Squirtin Thunder
02-22-2005, 08:27 AM
If your boat has a ski tow then just put one foot on top of the bowl, grab ahold of the ski tow and then hoist yourself onto the back of the boat. then just carefully walk along the top of the gunnel while avoiding the header and using the air scoop for support. :)
Mike that all sounds good but mine you can't stand on the gunnel or sides you may go through.

superdave013
02-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, my best friend just happens to be 6'7" 325 lbs, guess I better tell him to hit the gym fast, lol.
That guy must be huge! The 325 is one thing but at 6'7" it's another. He must be monster size. Is he over weight or built like a linebacker?
I'm 5'9" @ 215 and the doc just said I need to get down to 180. I'll have to work on that right after lunch!! :cool:

wrenchdaddy
02-22-2005, 08:53 AM
ya to best describe my friend hes just "built big" hes not too overweight for his height but still, hes a big boy.

dmontzsta
02-22-2005, 10:43 AM
damn don, you might make people think your a nice guy! lol
hey, you know I have to help out the old folks and the fatties. :D

jdf
02-22-2005, 11:29 AM
try not to get out ,,,,if i have too piss off the side

victorfb
02-22-2005, 11:35 AM
put 'em in an inflateble towable, get up to 70+ MPH, whip 'em around till they hit the wake and depending on how good a driver you are you can catch 'em in the boat on the landing.... anyone wanna go for a ride, ski, or dip?

likwidsukr
02-22-2005, 05:02 PM
You might have to hit the gym :) Before telling him he is a "heavy" LOL

Beautiful Noise
02-22-2005, 05:38 PM
I carry a Ladder with me and just hang it over the side :)

BLEWBAYOU1
02-22-2005, 06:53 PM
I carry a Ladder with me and just hang it over the side :)
I just hang it over the side to piss and maybe help the laddies in, but guys your on your own here.LOL
Brian :jawdrop:

Squirtcha?
02-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Someone on banderlog had a pretty neat idea. He tied a rope to the stringer on the passenger side with a foot loop in it. My only concern with this setup was harming the gel/paint. He said it wasn't an issue though. The rope would just lay under the seat and get flipped out when someone needed help getting in.

Danhercules
02-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Someone on banderlog had a pretty neat idea. He tied a rope to the stringer on the passenger side with a foot loop in it. My only concern with this setup was harming the gel/paint. He said it wasn't an issue though. The rope would just lay under the seat and get flipped out when someone needed help getting in.
That is a great Idea. But I aint got no stringer up front.

Squirtcha?
02-23-2005, 07:51 AM
That is a great Idea. But I aint got no stringer up front.
Hmmn................reckon that won't work too well on the Southwind 18 then.
I don't suppose it would have to be the stringer though. How's about to the seat base/pedestal?

Squirtin Thunder
02-23-2005, 08:02 AM
:devil:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
02-23-2005, 09:19 AM
I usually get in on the side of my boat and just pull myself up until I can get a knee up on the side and I am in......Now if I have been skiing alot or been on that damn tube and my arms feel like jello :( I use the pump to get in and slide down the side of the boat until I reach the seats. After 10 minutes behind my boat on the 'air force' tube I don't think ole Gov. Arnold could pull himself in ;) :sqeyes: :D we have actually had to tow folks back to shore at idle hanging onto the tube because they had no strength left :devil: I can't wait for the water to warm up again :D BTW....I am not exactly tiny myself.......6'6" 275lbs
Omega

oldbuck40
02-23-2005, 09:36 AM
I usually get in on the side of my boat and just pull myself up until I can get a knee up on the side and I am in......Now if I have been skiing alot or been on that damn tube and my arms feel like jello :( I use the pump to get in and slide down the side of the boat until I reach the seats. After 10 minutes behind my boat on the 'air force' tube I don't think ole Gov. Arnold could pull himself in ;) :sqeyes: :D we have actually had to tow folks back to shore at idle hanging onto the tube because they had no strength left :devil: I can't wait for the water to warm up again :D BTW....I am not exactly tiny myself.......6'6" 275lbs
Omegawhy do you think i wont ride the tube behind your boat,i know how you drive :2purples:

Greaser
02-23-2005, 09:52 AM
why do you think i wont ride the tube behind your boat,i know how you drive :2purples:
Thats what I was gonna say :hammer2:

Coleitis22
02-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Borrow the anchor tender from the marina. Has a huge crane to lift the lard butts out of the water. Better yet, buy a practical boat for wakeboarding or skiing. That way you can have a lot of fun and not have a lifetime imprint of BASSETT on your leg or butt. :idea:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
02-24-2005, 04:56 AM
why do you think i wont ride the tube behind your boat,i know how you drive :2purples:
with enough liquid courage you might. I only insist everyone wear a life jacket! I will get greaser on the tube this summer also. ;)
Omega