PDA

View Full Version : Rice Road Accident?

boxscore
02-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Anyone have info on a single car accident on Rice Rd today? Possibly a rollover. We found out our friends were possibly involved and can't get any info. Thanks

HCS
02-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Doesn't sound good. :frown:

Kilrtoy
02-21-2005, 09:19 PM
there was a roll over on the 40 about 1230 today a white pickup truck 1 man and 1 woman, didnt look good......

Garrddogg
02-21-2005, 09:20 PM
what were they drivin?

boxscore
02-21-2005, 09:21 PM
what were they drivin?
Possibly a blue Expedition

barbigrl
02-21-2005, 09:23 PM
I saw this accident today as well.....It was a blue van or Jeep Cherokee of some sort....It looked BAd!!! I think their dog was dead....I do not think anyone died though. :(

Garrddogg
02-21-2005, 09:23 PM
dude call me at 562 945

barbigrl
02-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Possibly a blue Expedition
I hate to say it...but it might have been them...

Jrocket
02-21-2005, 09:26 PM
I hate to say it...but it might have been them...
Who might it have been?

barbigrl
02-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Who might it have been?
Who ever his friends were....It was a large Blue Vehichle...

Jrocket
02-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Thats not good.

WYRD
02-21-2005, 09:31 PM
We went by and it was a blue SUV of some sort but unsure of the exact model. The dog was a yellow lab and looked to be two people on the side laying down. Lots of people stopped and helping. I hope everything is OK. Please keep us informed!

boxscore
02-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Info is trickling in... Force26 just gave me a little as well. Their daughter was the only serious injury. We understand she's over at Loma Linda... shitty things happen to very good people sometimes. Hug your kids tonight and offer all the prayers you can.

Jrocket
02-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Info is trickling in... Force26 just gave me a little as well. Their daughter was the only serious injury. We understand she's over at Loma Linda... shitty things happen to very good people sometimes. Hug your kids tonight and offer all the prayers you can.
Well this just sucks to hear.

OutCole'd
02-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your friends Boxscore. Hope everything turns out fine.

Kilrtoy
02-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Are these people from the boards.....
These things suck.....
Hope all make it thru ok.......

summerlove
02-21-2005, 09:39 PM
So sad, Force, hope all goes well with your daughter. My prayers are already said.
I never drive Rice road. I always go through Blythe and onto the CRIT road. Seen and heard of too many accidents on Rice. It's only 8 miles shorter than CRIT, and a lot less dangerous.
Please, everyone, be safe out there...

clownpuncher
02-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Shit...BOxscore, tell me it's not Mike

boxscore
02-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Shit...BOxscore, tell me it's not Mike
NO NO...it's NOT Force 26. Friends of ours that live near us. They dont post here on ***boat. They also own a home in Havasu. They had a Cobra, sold it, and recently took delivery of a new Ultra 27 Shadow. Really great family, fine people.

clownpuncher
02-21-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm talking Budweiser Mike. Is it him?

clownpuncher
02-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Shit, it's Mike? He just got his Shdow a couple of weeks ago. ****

boxscore
02-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Shit, it's Mike? He just got his Shdow a couple of weeks ago. ****
Sent you a PM

clownpuncher
02-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Shit. He's a good friend of mine. He and his wife are salt of the earth type people. I'm trying to get a hold of him right now. If I hear anything I'll keep ya posted. This makes me ill :(
Boxscore, PM back at ya

roln 20s
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't think I know them--but my best wishes to the family and friends. I hope everything is alright---I hate to hear stories like this. Please keep us all posted.
Roln 20s

clownpuncher
02-21-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm on my way to the hospital now. Just talked to my buddy. His daughter is in bad shape and they're pretty much devastated right now. If you pray, pray now. They need it, and so does little Madison.
If I get his permission, I'll post info about the T/C when I get back

Outnumbered
02-21-2005, 10:55 PM
If you pray, pray now. They need it, and so does little Madison.
Done. Sorry to hear. Very sad.

DryHeatOnly
02-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Boxscore & Clownpuncher...I'm so sorry to hear this.

Mtg Pro
02-22-2005, 06:00 AM
We are praying for the entire family.

Kachina26
02-22-2005, 06:35 AM
Are these the folks that got the boat delivered on Christmas with the big bow on top? Regardless, my prayers go out for all those affected.

ULTRA28
02-22-2005, 06:45 AM
This is terrible news. Please keep us posted and let Mike know his family will be in our prayers.

LHC30Victory
02-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Sorry to hear about the crash and injuries. Let them know our prayers are with them. let us know what we can do to help.

racecar.hotshoe
02-22-2005, 07:01 AM
We know about bad wrecks,Are hearts and prayers go out to the people involved,and there familys,The McGuire's :(

Artv
02-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Our prayers are with the families that were involved.

Mrs.Racer277
02-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Thoughts and Prayers to the family. Please keep us posted.

hoolign
02-22-2005, 07:30 AM
I don't know most of you aside from the boards , but when somthing like this happens to somone you know it affects us all. prayers from Canada!
Jeff.

jdf
02-22-2005, 07:33 AM
we will say a prayer in tx for them david

boxscore
02-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Thanks to all. I'll pass on all your support. They have an gorgeous 8 y/o girl who was hurt pretty bad, medi-vac'd to Loma Linda. This family WILL get through this, especially with support and prayer. Thanks for going over there Clownpuncher. My wife is on her way to Loma Linda this morning with a crew of girlfriends.

UnionJack
02-22-2005, 07:54 AM
TC's are never good, I hope they are OK

redneckgirl
02-22-2005, 07:56 AM
We will send our prayers!!! Please keep us posted. :(
RNG

Parker Dreamin
02-22-2005, 08:00 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved.

dicudmore
02-22-2005, 08:01 AM
thoughts and prayers sent.....

Mrs. casean
02-22-2005, 08:04 AM
They got my thoughts and prayers!

OGShocker
02-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Box' & CP;
Please let them know they are in our thoughts and prayers.
OGS
:(

barbigrl
02-22-2005, 08:29 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this!! I hope Madison is ok...Loma Linda is a great hospital. We were going to stop but there were already a lot of people, did not want to be in the way. :frown: :frown:

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks to all. I'll pass on all your support. They have an gorgeous 8 y/o girl who was hurt pretty bad, medi-vac'd to Loma Linda. This family WILL get through this, especially with support and prayer. Thanks for going over there Clownpuncher. My wife is on her way to Loma Linda this morning with a crew of girlfriends.
An 8 y/o was hurt?That really hurts me to hear something like this.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Thoughts and prayers to them from the Bordsmnj's! Hope all turns out ok!

Waldo
02-22-2005, 09:31 AM
This is REALLY unfortunate and, as a father of a little girl, very sad to hear. I was traveling Rice at about 7pm with just me, my 4 y/o daughter and dog. The wife and son were at home this trip. :frown:
I have been praying all morning and finally got the chance to post. I truley pray that this young girl recouperates and the family gets through this. Godspeed their physical and emotional recovery.

mbrown2
02-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear the unfortunate news...we skipped Rice last night due to the Rain...Hope their daughter makes it through....just terrible news.

FRENCHIE
02-22-2005, 09:53 AM
keep us updated, we skipped rice road and took 95 instead, for first time ever!! i live 5 min from loma linda, so let me know if there is anything i can drop by!! :( :cool:

WYRD
02-22-2005, 09:58 AM
I am so sorry to hear this news. I am also very close to Loma Linda so if You guys need anything brought by please just let me know. Our thoughts and prayers are with you! GodBless

Havasu_Dreamin
02-22-2005, 10:00 AM
First off, sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully all turns out well or best as it can given the circumstances.
I never take Rice Road because we all read something like this it seems 3-4 times each year. I cut across the Indian Reservation, it's flat and pretty much straight all the way.

Johnwithjm
02-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Mike all of us here at Ultra are praying for you and your family.

unleashed
02-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news. We'll be praying for the whole family. :(
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

rvrtoy
02-22-2005, 10:17 AM
We are praying for Madison and her entire family. If there is anything that any of us here at Ultra can do, Just say the word!!

racecar.hotshoe
02-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Does anybody know there last name?

rvrtoy
02-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Yes however, for the families privacy I will not post it without prior permision. Sorry.

purrfecttremor
02-22-2005, 11:36 AM
our preyers go out to the family.

syke-o
02-22-2005, 12:01 PM
our thoughts and prayers go out as well

RiverDave
02-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Young Madison was in my thoughts last night and today. :( I'm terribly sorry to hear about this, and it only makes it harder to know that it wasn't some random stranger but someone that people here in our community know and care about. You have my deepest sympathies again, and I hope & pray that everything works out for the best.
Does anyone know what caused the accident? Was it another person trying to pass, or water in one of the dips? I drove Rice on Valentines day, and a few of those flooded portions definately got my undivided attention. :(
RD

WYRD
02-22-2005, 12:18 PM
When we drove by there was a lot of tire shreads in the road. Just a assumption but think maybe they had a blow out. I feel so bad for not stopping now, but there were already a lot of people already there and I seen the two adults already out of the car. I had no Idea there was an eight year old girl. I pray that God looks upon them with his grace and everything turns out ok. please keep this thread bumped to the top with updates.

boxscore
02-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know what caused the accident? RD
Looks like perhaps a blown tire.... I'll confirm. Rice Road can be fairly unforgiving should you leave the pavement with soft sand, berms, etc.

Waldo
02-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Does anyone know what caused the accident? Was it another person trying to pass, or water in one of the dips? I drove Rice on Valentines day, and a few of those flooded portions definately got my undivided attention. :(
RD
Those flooded and dirt runoff sections were all pretty much gone. I was driving Rice around 6-7:30ish last night and the road was clear with no rain (only reason I took Rice). I didn't hit rain until Orange County (9:30) and that was only sprinkles.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-22-2005, 12:31 PM
I am sooo sorry to read this....... My thoughts and prayers go out to this family and exspecially Madison!!! Please keep us updated with any info possible about there condition. I don't know what I could do but, if you need us we're here!!!!

boxscore
02-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Yep... just confirmed rear tire blew. We have a real tight circle of friends here in the Palm Desert & La Quinta area, and we're trying to pull that circle even tighter right now. The girls are decorating hospital room and guys running out to accident site looking for their golden retriever that spooked and ran from accident. I printed up this thread for my wife to take to Mom & Dad... I'm sure all the kind words can only help... especially when they are coming from as far away as Canada and TX. You guys are awesome.

chub
02-22-2005, 12:40 PM
May the Lord bless and keep all involved and the friends that are helping.

Ziggy
02-22-2005, 12:44 PM
RD
My prayers and thoughts go out as well.
Dave, I've seen people get squirly on those dips even in dry conditions let alone when there is water in them...particularly on the return trip side of the road where the dips feel more severe and the water sits.

CJ
02-22-2005, 12:51 PM
I hate to hear these things. Rice Road is unrelenting. Every time I travel it, I remember I shouldn't. I'm sorry to hear about Madison and her family. At least they have lots of friends to help them through this.

Mrs.HLB1
02-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Our thoughts & prayers to the family. Please keep us posted. :frown:

Bank Boy
02-22-2005, 01:11 PM
This hits so close to home for so many people. Prayers go out.

Waist Deep
02-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Our daughter was lifted to Loma Linda last year and if anyone can make things better, this is the best place to be. Sorry to hear about this. It seems the kids are always the ones paying the price. That sucks.

Holland
02-22-2005, 01:52 PM
My family sends our prayers as well... I have been taking 95 the last few years from friends that got hurt on Rice Road... Takes an extra 20 to 30 minutes... but now more than ever...
The Holland Family.

Flyinbowtie
02-22-2005, 01:53 PM
She has been added to the prayer chain in our little corner of the world....

WYRD
02-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Any one have an update of their conditions?

boxscore
02-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Any one have an update of their conditions?
Daughter is critical, vitals stable. The next few days will provide a better picture. I'll keep the board up to date. You'll meet this family one day at the Lake. This 8 y/o girl is bright, strong, and competitive. Throw into the mix great parents, awesome Dr's over at Loma Linda, prayer, and she WILL be coming home soon. In the meanwhile, love on your kids.

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Daughter is critical, vitals stable. The next few days will provide a better picture. I'll keep the board up to date. You'll meet this family one day at the Lake. This 8 y/o girl is bright, strong, and competitive. Throw into the mix great parents, awesome Dr's over at Loma Linda, prayer, and she WILL be coming home soon. In the meanwhile, love on your kids.
Thanks for the update, I hope she has a full recovery :frown:
HDD

Seriously?
02-22-2005, 02:57 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.

clownpuncher
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
UPDATE - I went to the hospital last night and hung out with Mike (dad). Mom was still in the room with Madison. After talking to Mike, he gave permission for me to post info........
They were driving home from Havasu on Rice Road. His Expedition had a blow out and he tried to control the vehicle as it got squirly. He lost control and the vehicle rolled at least twice that he remembers. Alcohol was not a factor and all occupants were wearing seatbelts. The vehicle landed upright. When Mike looked in the back seat Madison, a beautiful 8 year old girl, was missing. Mom, dad and their other daughter were unhurt, just a couple of contusions and abrasions. Although Madison was belted in, she was ejected and was unsconcious the entire time. After about 45 minutes, professional help arrived and Madison and mom were eventually airlifted to Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs (an excellent trauma center). Apparently the pilot wanted to go to Loma Linda, but, the weather was too severe. After being stabilized at DRMC ,Madison and mom were transported by ground amulance to Loma Linda where she remains today. Madison is in ICU with some pretty major injuries, and will continue to stay there for at least a few days. She has facial injuries and internal injuries to her lungs and liver and her brain is swollen. The doctors brought her out of a coma and administered a proceedure to reduce the brain swelling. The proceedure worked pretty well as of 3 AM Tuesday.
The family were being followed by river friends on Rice road so they had immediate personal help after the T/C. They eventually gave him a ride to his house where he picked up some personal belongings and went to the hospital
As of this writing, Madisons condition is such that the doctors induced a coma for 72 hours. I'm not sure what the prognosis is.
Mom, dad and the sister are obviously emotionally traumatized over this whole deal. They ALL need your prayers to get through this. Pray for all of them, the doctors and all involved in the healing of little Madison.
As Boxscore said, we have a pretty tight unio of friends here in the desert. It's also awesome how many of you that don't know the family have offered to help. I'm sure they'll be overwhelmed with the ***boaters support.
Frenchie, being that you're only five minutes away I may take you up on it. I know Mike and Sandy and there ain't no way in hell they'll leave Madison at the hospital alone to get food or supplies.
You're all good peeps, thanks for the prayers and thoughts and offers for assistance. I owe y'all a beer just for being cool peeps.
I'll keep ya posted
Roland

FRENCHIE
02-22-2005, 03:10 PM
UPDATE - I went to the hospital last night and hung out with Mike (dad). Mom was still in the room with Madison. After talking to Mike, he gave permission for me to post info........
They were driving home from Havasu on Rice Road. His Expedition had a blow out and he tried to control the vehicle as it got squirly. He lost control and the vehicle rolled at least twice that he remembers. Alcohol was not a factor and all occupants were wearing seatbelts. The vehicle landed upright. When Mike looked in the back seat Madison, a beautiful 8 year old girl, was missing. Mom, dad and their other daughter were unhurt, just a couple of contusions and abrasions. Although Madison was belted in, she was ejected and was unsconcious the entire time. After about 45 minutes, professional help arrived and Madison and mom were eventually airlifted to Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs (an excellent trauma center). Apparently the pilot wanted to go to Loma Linda, but, the weather was too severe. After being stabilized at DRMC ,Madison and mom were transported by ground amulance to Loma Linda where she remains today. Madison is in ICU with some pretty major injuries, and will continue to stay there for at least a few days. She has facial injuries and internal injuries to her lungs and liver and her brain is swollen. The doctors brought her out of a coma and administered a proceedure to reduce the brain swelling. The proceedure worked pretty well as of 3 AM Tuesday.
The family were being followed by river friends on Rice road so they had immediate personal after the T/C. They eventually gave him a ride to his house where he picked up some personal belongings and went to the hospital
As of this writing, Madisons condition is such that the doctors induced a coma for 72 hours. I'm not sure what the prognosis is.
Mom, dad and the sister are obviously emotionally traumatized over this whole deal. They ALL need your prayers to get through this. Pray for all of them, the doctors and all involved in the healing of little Madison.
As Boxscore said, we have a pretty tight unio of friends here in the desert. It's also awesome how many of you that don't know the family have offered to help. I'm sure they'll be overwhelmed with the ***boaters support.
Frenchie, being that you're only five minutes away I may take you up on it. I know Mike and Sandy and there ain't no way in hell they'll leave Madison at the hospital alone to get food or supplies.
You're all good peeps, thanks for the prayers and thoughts and offers for assistance. I owe y'all a beer just for being cool peeps.
I'll keep ya posted
Roland
ROLAND THIS IS TERRIBLE MAN....KEEP US UPDATED!!! :frown:

Phat Matt
02-22-2005, 03:14 PM
I hope they can find the family dog. It might help lift the families and little girls spirits when she comes around. I'll be thinking of them.

WaTchTheGelCoat
02-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Thats just awful, I can't imagine what Mike and Sandy are going through. God bless them. :(

DeepVee
02-22-2005, 03:18 PM
To give you hope,
My younger brother was in a single car accident last October. He was ejected from his car and suffered a severe head injury. His condition was very sketchy the first few days. Long story short, he ended up being in a comma for 4-weeks and confined to a bed for 8-weeks. He just left the hospital last month, walked out on his own. His recovery has been excellent and we all feel he'll fully recover with time.
There are stories about my brother's accident and recovery that will bring tears to most peoples eyes. In the end though the strong support of family and friends really seemed to make a big difference in his recovery.
A lot of people prayed for my brother, so I'll return the favor for your friends.

jbtrailerjim
02-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Very sad. I will keep them all in my thoughts and I will be praying for a speedy and full recovery for little Madison. :frown:

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Being a father of a little girl myself,this really tears me up to read.Prayers and best wishes to the family.

Slider
02-22-2005, 03:30 PM
So sad,This is what we all dread as parents. :(

Catatonic
02-22-2005, 03:59 PM
I hate to hear this. Me and my entire family will be praying for this little girl and her family.

markc
02-22-2005, 04:01 PM
This is terrible news! I past thru rice road Sunday evening and know how tough that road can be especially with a blow out. I have an 8 year old daughter and cannot imagine how the family is doing, were are praying for a speddy recovery for her as well.
Mark

Music to my Ears
02-22-2005, 04:10 PM
I too have a daughter about the same age and can't imagine what they are going through. We will be praying for Madison and family as well.

Brewzed
02-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Loma Linda is an amazing hospital, especially the childrens unit. My oldest daughter fell out of our 2nd story window onto a concrete driveway when she was 6. Fractured her skull in 3 places. The Dr's there are amazing. She was there for about a week.
Madison is in good hands. There's no other place I would want my kids if they were involved in an accident.

Eliminator 4 Life
02-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Roland thanks for the info my thought and prayers are with them

460 jus getn it
02-22-2005, 05:15 PM
my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and madison.........

riverroyal
02-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Im still kinda new here so I dont know any of these people,altough Ive probably seen them on the lake,,,,,,we hope everyones ok,,,,,,last summer I towed our toy hauler down that road once,and came home on it once on a sunday,,,never again,,,,the asphault is real bad,very rough,hard on tires,plus everyone drives wayyyyyyyy to damn fast on it,sundays headed west is a joke,at 80mph people flip you off on the way by doing 90+,,,,we take Ehrenberg,just past Blythe,is 9 miles longer to parker that way,its straight and flat,no turns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my thoughts.,,,again hope everyone is ok

cc322
02-22-2005, 05:25 PM
They are all in our thoughts and prayers and hope all turns out ok

essexjet
02-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Clownpuncher & Boxscore please tell them that their is a big family out here (***boat forum)thinking of them right now. I too live close to LLUMC and if there is anything I can do Pleae let me know. I also have friends that work at Loma Linda and one is a child life specialist and will tell her to keep an eye out for her and take special care of her as a favor. James

Beautiful Noise
02-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Our Thoughts and Prayers are with the Family for a full and speedy recovery.

sigepmock
02-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear the tragic news. Our thoughts and prayers will be with them. God's speed to a full recovery little Madison.

boxscore
02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Clownpuncher & Boxscore please tell them that their is a big family out here (***boat forum)thinking of them right now. I too live close to LLUMC and if there is anything I can do Pleae let me know. I also have friends that work at Loma Linda and one is a child life specialist and will tell her to keep an eye out for her and take special care of her as a favor. James
Hey Essexjet...After seeing the outpouring here on the boards, I'm sure Mike, Sandy, and kids will become regulars around here. And be sure to have your friends stop by and check in with the parents over at Loma Linda. It would mean tons to them to know that this extended ( and mottley :) ) family is pulling for them.

Raisin Wake
02-22-2005, 06:29 PM
We'll be praying.....

TCHB
02-22-2005, 06:32 PM
We are all with you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!

chub
02-22-2005, 06:42 PM
another prayer just kneeled down and said by the Covingtons.

LAVEYSABRE575
02-22-2005, 06:51 PM
myself being the father of a 5 yr. little girl , hearing news like this just makes my stomach turn, my prayers are with madison and this family and the doctors that are helping them...god bless.....

roln 20s
02-22-2005, 07:24 PM
I am still so heart broken by this story. I'd love to send some flowers, balloons, and just some warm hearted get well wishes to the hospital.
Boxscore, Clownpuncher, Roland...any information on their room would be appreciative.
Anything else they need...please just let me know.
My thoughts and prayers will continue--I wish them a speedy recovery.
Patrick
AKA Roln 20s

boxscore
02-22-2005, 07:25 PM
***boat Forums sent Madison a "get well" teddy bear doll to be delivered tommorrow. Thanks to everyone who have taken the time to post your thoughts and prayers.

Flying Tiger
02-22-2005, 07:28 PM
It's the worst thing a parent can endure.
I hope the tragic episode is behind them soon, and Madison is 100%.
My heart and thoughts are with them.

Spotondl
02-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Very sorry to hear of these events... hopefully everyone recovers fully... children are so strong and resiliant and it sounds from the words here that Madison is just that... Hope the golden is found as well... :frown: :frown: :frown:

JetBoatRich
02-22-2005, 07:35 PM
I have been reading and thinking about Madison and family since the news was posted. Very sad news and if there is anything we can do let us know. The family needs our support, so let us know if we can do anything.
Madison will be in my thoughts tonight and my family and I wishe her a complete and fast recovery.

H20Advantage
02-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Our families prayers go out to theirs.
Any details on what caused the accident other than possibly weather related?

Garrddogg
02-22-2005, 11:05 PM
They have been in my prayers since I rolled past the accident sceen on monday.

PBOCOP
02-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Is this Rice Road post new or something from a year or so ago ? Trying to get caught up on it.

Garrddogg
02-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Is this Rice Road post new or something from a year or so ago ? Trying to get caught up on it.
New from this weekend

ITS ALL GOOD
02-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Our thoughts and prayers to Madison and her family.
God Bless

cola
02-22-2005, 11:37 PM
:( :( In our prayers :( :(

BIGAMIST
02-22-2005, 11:56 PM
I'll have a talk with the man up-stairs :wink:

AirtimeLavey
02-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Thoughts and prayers for the family and little Madison for a speedy and full recovery...I too have an 8 year old daughter, so the thought of this strikes deep. Thank you for the updates, and please, keep them coming, as well as anything the family needs...

callbob4homes
02-23-2005, 06:50 AM
Anything of this magnitude is scary for the family to be sure. The outpouring of love and prayers from this board is amazing. Add my best wishes and prayers as well. Get well soon young lady.

Artv
02-23-2005, 06:52 AM
We will continue to pray for Madison and her family. Thank you for the update.

ahhell
02-23-2005, 06:57 AM
this leaves a heavy feeling in my chest, and a sick feeling in my stomach, our prayers are with the family

dicudmore
02-23-2005, 07:43 AM
still thinking about her and the family ;)

Lifeline Lisa
02-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Living here in Parker, we here so many horrific stories about accidents on Rice Road. Our thoughts and prayers are with Madison and her family.

Keith
02-23-2005, 08:16 AM
I had an operation 4 weeks ago. In the pre op testing, a serious health condition was found. I had freinds that offered support Any & everything one could ask for. More extensive testing showed that the first findings were false and I went ahead with the operation. All through the recovery prayers and support from my freinds was continuous. I returned to work Monday night and my upper body is still sore from all the hugs i recieved. Because of the distance, I can only offer prayer for Madison and her family, you folks on the west coast keep the support directly and please oh please, give the faminy hugs from me.
Keith

malibuken
02-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Positive thoughts are coming from Vickie and I as well as all the others !
I hope everything turns out well for the entire family.

riverguy454
02-23-2005, 08:27 AM
I Am Also 5 Mins Away If There Is Anything I Can Do To Help Please Let Me Know

life's a river
02-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Our prayers go out to Madison and the entire family. We pray for a swift and complete recovery. This boating community is showing awesome support!
Lar & Family

Holland
02-23-2005, 09:02 AM
ROLAND -
I work about 5 minutes from Loma LInda... If I can help, as all of us would... PLEASE Let me know
PM Me for phone numbers where I can be reached.
Bob Holland

OutCole'd
02-23-2005, 09:04 AM
With 2 young kids this is really on my mind. I hope everyone is doing OK.

Tremor Therapy
02-23-2005, 09:31 AM
I hate that road.....too many times we have read something like this about that section of highway! Many of us are parents of a young child, and it just sends shivers up your spine to hear that happening to such a young life. You can bet Madison and her family will be in my families prayers. God speed!
Alan

OC-PARTYCAT
02-23-2005, 09:36 AM
I too have a young daughter and nothing in the world is more important to me, and Im sure all of you, than my families health, happiness, and well being. It really breaks me up to hear this news and cannot even begin to imagine how terrible the family feels. This is truly a parents worst nightmare.
Just like all of you, I am very drawn to this accident and want to offer my support in anyway. Whatever it may be, just let me know. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. May God Bless Madison and help her to a speedy and full recovery.
Its amazing that although most people on this board are physical strangers to eachother, they pull together to help out a family that is in need of support because of a common interest, "boating". Ive meet a few of you and lurk here daily. It gets me through my day and I enjoy reading everyones posts. Eventhough I havent meet, or even talked to most of you, I feel like there is some type of relationship and if I was going through anything like this, I would get support.

rvrtoy
02-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Are there any updates on Madisons condition. I just can't seem to keep her off my mind.

Excessive Force
02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
God bless the family of those involved. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
These types of forums really are amazing. I belong to a big golf related forum. One of the members there died, very unexpected, of cancer a few years ago. The board members raised almost $20,000 for the guy's family, many of whom had never met him, and every year they still host an impromptu memorial tournament and forward some gifts to the family.
On a side note...The acceptance of the internet sure has changed alot. Tell some one you met someone from a board a few years ago and theyd laugh at you. now its a different story

WYRD
02-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Any updates yet?????????
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_12v.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_28.gif

Ducatista
02-23-2005, 01:52 PM
This is terrible news to hear, I hope Madison recovers & all is ok. I will say a prayer for you & family. Did the poor dog make it?

Mtg Pro
02-23-2005, 02:01 PM
I have 5 daughters from 19-13, two mine and three my wifes. I will tell you not a day goes by that I don't think something special about each of them. I give them a kiss each night, even if they aren't here. Bless you Madison and the entire family.

OutCole'd
02-23-2005, 02:04 PM
When the timing is right, it would be great if you could post the hospital addr & room #. I'm sure lots of us would love to send flowers or a stuffed animal to Madison.

clownpuncher
02-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Man, the people on this board are flat-out amazing. I keep telling Mike about it and he's very gracious. From Mike and Sandy....Thanks to all of you for your support and prayers and offers for assistance.
I just talked to him a few minutes ago. His voice was happier than it has been since the t/c. He says Madisons condition seems to be improving. She's attempting to cough and breath on her own. She's still in a coma and supposedly the docs will take her out of it when they feel the time is right, probably in a day or 2.
I'm gonna go out there again either today or tomorrow and try my best to get him/her to eat something besides crackers and water. He's a tough man and Sandy an even tougher woman and evidently, Madison is one tough, fighting little girl. Together, with support of family and friends and their newly-found HB family support, they're doing as well as can be expected.
Thanks again for all your support. Y'all are truly are an amazing, unique group of friends.
More updates as I get info.

jdf
02-23-2005, 02:36 PM
thank you for the update man i wish i lived close ... stil saying a pray for them ...i know how it is in the hosp. been there

GrapeApe
02-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Thats Great news CP.... My thoughts and Prayers will continue tell she is home and 100%....
*** Grape Ape ***

redneckgirl
02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Good to hear things are going good!! May God Bless Madison and her family!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_24.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZS') http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_10.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZS') http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_41.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZS')
RNG

THOR
02-23-2005, 02:41 PM
She is in my prayers.

WYRD
02-23-2005, 02:41 PM
We are not so amazing clown puncher we just care about those in our extended family. Thanks for the update please keep em coming!!!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-23-2005, 02:49 PM
It's great to hear that Madison is doing better!!!! She is in our hearts and thoughts daily!!!! Thank-You for keeping us posted on everything, we wish them the best of luck :clover: not that she'll need it.She sounds like a very strong little girl :D

Artv
02-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the update; I read the whole thing just one more time before I went home for the day. This was the first time it brought tears to my eyes. It would be real hard for me to deal with something like this happening to our little girl. ItÂ’s good to have friends like the ones on ***boat forums.
We will keep praying.

redi4fun
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Really good to hear that Madison is making progress. Tell her mom and dad that a whole lot of people are thinking of her everyday. :clover:

Eliminator 4 Life
02-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the update clownpuncher.Glad to hear Madison is making progress

racecar.hotshoe
02-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Just so you all know,When Melissa was in Trama ICU she could not have any live plants,only cards and balloon's,When they moved her to another room then she could have all the plants,flowers that people sent.I wish her the best,Mark

WYRD
02-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Is anybody up for pitching in for a new puppy to replace her loss when she recovers? I was thinking that might be a good gift for her?

OutCole'd
02-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Is anybody up for pitching in for a new puppy to replace her loss when she recovers? I was thinking that might be a good gift for her?
Great idea. I'm in.

redi4fun
02-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Clownpuncher seems to be good friends with the family. If he has the time to spearhead a little welcome home fund for Madison I am in!!!!!!!! :D

bunny 166
02-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Just got in...this is so sad. I'm sure little Madison is strong and will be doing great in no time!!! Thank you for the updates, sounds like she's doing better each day. Bunny and family send their prayers and get well wishes.... :wink: :wink: This family will be exhausted;hopefully someone can send some meals and pick up some mail, do some laundry, etc?? I know there are so many good folks on the boards.... box and clown, PM me if I can help....

slink
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Thats great news that she is doing better, keep praying for full recovery. Those DR's at LL are amazing (from prior exp) as well as all you HB'ers. :)

riverguy454
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
count me in

RP1
02-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Count me in when you're ready...

WYRD
02-23-2005, 04:00 PM
OK Box and Clown You guys keep us in the loop and when she is ready to go home we would like to offer a new puppy to the family if mom and dad say OK. If so please ask what type of dog and when the best time would be. Thanks and God Bless...... Anybody interested in pitching in PM me.

essexjet
02-23-2005, 04:29 PM
CP or Box, I would like to send little Madison a get well teddy bear and would like to know the best way of getting it to her. I do have a friend that works there and will be seeing Madison for me in the PICU on Friday that can take for me. CP, thanks for the update and Madison WILL be in our prayers.
Ok fellow ***boater, I'm calling you out. We need to flood this little girl with cards, stuffed animal or whatever. Once we get info on how to send please send her your love to tell her that she in our thoughts.
P.S. WYRD, I'm in just let me know

ALLNIGHTER
02-23-2005, 04:30 PM
OK Box and Clown You guys keep us in the loop and when she is ready to go home we would like to offer a new puppy to the family if mom and dad say OK. If so please ask what type of dog and when the best time would be. Thanks and God Bless...... Anybody interested in pitching in PM me.HAY WYRD YOU KNOW IM DOWN FOR THIS COUNT ME IN :)

Racer277
02-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Count the Racer's in for this!

clownpuncher
02-23-2005, 04:42 PM
I know the family was really attached to their dogs. Obviously, mom and dad's main focus is on Madison. When the time is right I'll hit em up with the dog idea.
I'm really liking the whole homecoming deal, but, we'll have to wait and see how Mike and Sandy want to handle it.
I'm sure Mike and/or Sandy will be checking the boards as soon as circumstance allows. Their gonna be stoked :)

Squirtin Thunder
02-23-2005, 08:50 PM
My prayers and wish go out to Madison. I hope all is well very soon. What is the story on the recovery of the dog ??? Is there anything I can do ????
Here is my # 1-928-704-1158
Jim

ahhell
02-23-2005, 08:59 PM
count me in........stop making me cry :frown:

WYRD
02-23-2005, 09:01 PM
count me in........stop making me cry :frown:
Got you covered Thank you for the support

02-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Glad to hear that things are improving. I've seen too many hairy accidents on Rice over the years and dealt with many of the casualties when I used to work at DRMC. I have 2 little ones and can't begin to fathom what Mike & Sandy are going through. We are praying for the whole family.
Thanks for the updates CP.

Midlife Advantage
02-23-2005, 10:22 PM
OK Box and Clown You guys keep us in the loop and when she is ready to go home we would like to offer a new puppy to the family if mom and dad say OK. If so please ask what type of dog and when the best time would be. Thanks and God Bless...... Anybody interested in pitching in PM me.
Count me in, please keep me posted as to when and if anyone goes to visit or needs anything at all. I She is in my prayers as well as the missing dog. I have faith that this all will have one of those happy endings where the little girl heals up like new and the dog comes walkin in one night when least expected. People, I believe that God is here and listening. God Bless you all.

WYRD
02-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Count me in, please keep me posted as to when and if anyone goes to visit or needs anything at all. I She is in my prayers as well as the missing dog. I have faith that this all will have one of those happy endings where the little girl heals up like new and the dog comes walkin in one night when least expected. People, I believe that God is here and listening. God Bless you all.
I hope so but even if that happens the family had two dogs and one was not so fortunate :( Thanks for your support

locogringo
02-23-2005, 10:37 PM
The gringos here are closing our 6 eyes and offering up a prayer also.
My daughter's name is Madison also (she's 5) and she offered a prayer before she went to sleep also.
We are not too far away from LLUMC if ANYTHING is needed from the parents. Food, errands, etc.
Daniel
Here's my toll free cell number:
pm'd instead :)

AirtimeLavey
02-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Great idea...count me in.

WYRD
02-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Great idea...count me in.
Got you in thanks for the support!!

boxscore
02-23-2005, 10:57 PM
I spoke with Mike today about Madison. Today was a better day for her. And Mom & Dad had a better day as well. Her diagnostics are better than yesterday. Madison is still a very sick girl, but tommorrow will be an even better day, and the next day even better. It's just gonna be that way. She's far too strong a girl to have it any other way. Clownpuncher and I agree that a puppy fund should be "tabled" for now. Superb idea for perhaps later on down the road though. I've rec'd lots of PM's requesting info on the family for sending flowers, stuffed animals, etc. Please do so, but use discretion as far as Mike and Sandy's privacy is concerned (no phone calls, etc.). They are as distraught over this as any parent would be. The address is as follows:
Madison Battles c/o Loma Linda Med Center
11234 Anderson Street
UNIT 5700
Loma Linda CA 92354
I just got a kick our of their last name... We've been friends for years and it never quite struck me like that before. Hey Madison, keep FIGHTING little one.

locogringo
02-23-2005, 11:04 PM
thanks BoxScore

WYRD
02-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Is she still in ICU so no live plants or flowers? I am only keeping a list of people interested in helping with a puppy I will not move forward with it untill I hear from you or Clownpuncher. As the father of an eleven year old boy and a six year old girl I can only imagine what the family is being put through right now. I PMed you my number so if there is anything you guys need, food ect please the offer is there give me a call. I pray for her and my kids are praying for her as well. God Bless!
Shane

essexjet
02-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the update Boxscore. That is great news!! Being in the medical field I know she has a long and difficult road ahead of her. But with her family beside her and friends out here behind her she will do great!! :) I will be sending her a get well bear first thing in the morning.
Thanks again Boxscore and CP for all the updates.

boxscore
02-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Is she still in ICU so no live plants or flowers? I am only keeping a list of people interested in helping with a puppy I will not move forward with it untill I hear from you or Clownpuncher.
Shane
No live plants or flowers?.... I dunno. Makes sense though. And go ahead and keep that list. Put me on it while your there too. When all this is behind them, and Madison back to kicking a$$, we'll have a nice little raft-up at the lake. Errrrrrr... maybe not so little :D

roln 20s
02-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks for all of the updates...Madison and her family have been in my thoughts all day. I called the child gift center at the hospital today to place an order for a stuffed animal and some balloons. The ladies that were working in the gift center were just saying how amazing this little girl is and the support that her family is receiving. Knowing that she is getting better each and every day, along with the family, means all of our thoughts, prayers and gifts/cards are definately making an impact. I'll continue to think of her and look forward to the day I can give the entire family a big hug. Get well Madison and enjoy the stuffed animal and balloons :)
Keeping hopes and prayers HIGH!
Patrick
AKA Roln 20s
PS-- Whosyourdaddy--count me in a for a dog fund :)

clownpuncher
02-23-2005, 11:24 PM
The ladies that were working in the gift center were just saying how amazing this little girl is and the support that her family is receiving. Knowing that she is getting better each and every day, along with the family, means all of our thoughts, prayers and gifts/cards are definately making an impact. I'll continue to think of her and look forward to the day I can give the entire family a big hug. Get well Madison and enjoy the stuffed animal and balloons :)
Keeping hopes and prayers HIGH!
Patrick
AKA Roln 20s
Awesome. Thanks :wink:

boxscore
02-23-2005, 11:26 PM
For those of you that want to sign a get well card there will be a BIG card tomorrow night at Rodrigos for everybody to sign. Hope even more can make it. Glad to hear Madison is making steps towards recovery.
Info is here: http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71777
You guys are the real deal... even if you're in the 909 (j/k)
THANKS!

clownpuncher
02-23-2005, 11:40 PM
You guys are the real deal... even if you're in the 909 (j/k)
THANKS!
Unbelievable ain't it? I may actually make a trip out there for this "mexican sushi?" just to meet this fine bunch.

WYRD
02-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Got you added Thank you for your support. ;)

WYRD
02-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Update on the puppy fund, I have plenty of people interested that have pledged there support so thanks for all that have. I know many more of you wish to help as well so please send a card to her room or just pray she make a speedy recovery. I am truly glad to see so many people coming out in support of her, and I am sure her friends and family will be too. For all those who have offered to chip in on a puppy, as soon as little Maddy recovers and gets to go home Clownpuncher and Boxscore will let me know and we will pick out her newest family member so be patient and keep praying. Thank you so much again!!!
Madison We Love You and May God Bless You!
Shane :D

Bre
02-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Count us in on that one :)

essexjet
02-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Boxscore or Clownpuncher; just sent Madison a vermont teddy bear to the address listed on the above thread. It did have a room number so if you could keep an eye out for it on friday (if you make out to the hospital) that would be great.
Thanks
James

Greybeard
02-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Family is in our prayers. Hope everything works out ok.

73kona455
02-24-2005, 05:05 AM
hope madison is well soon... she and her family are in our thoughts and prayers...

Artv
02-24-2005, 06:15 AM
Count us in.

99 232 baja
02-24-2005, 06:39 AM
After reading all the post ,I am amazed how unselfish people really are and it is nice to see the good in all of you . Our prayers go out to Madison and her family for a speedy recovery.

Eliminator 4 Life
02-24-2005, 07:19 AM
WYRD count me in for the dog fund :D

malibuken
02-24-2005, 08:05 AM
We would like to contribute to this as well! :)
Good to hear Madison is getting better each day. :D

That Guy
02-24-2005, 08:11 AM
We would be more than willing to help as well. Just let us know how and when. The people on this board rock. Go Madison :) :) :)

barbigrl
02-24-2005, 08:16 AM
For those of you that want to sign a get well card there will be a BIG card tomorrow night at Rodrigos for everybody to sign. Hope even more can make it. Glad to hear Madison is making steps towards recovery.
Info is here: http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71777
That is a great idea Tom!!! ;)

jeepinscott
02-24-2005, 08:21 AM
WhosYoRiverDaddy, count the Jeepinscott's in for the puppy fund too.
The Jeepinscott's offer any help needed too. We live not too far from LLUMC also. Please PM if anything is needed.

Mrs.Racer277
02-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Thank you for all the updates. Madison is still in our thoughts and prayers.

Parker Dreamin
02-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Stay STRONG Madison !!!!!!!

OC-PARTYCAT
02-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Did they locate the missing dog? Im not sure if it would help (with the coyotes and such out there) but, I have a very close friend who is a pilot. He is willing to fly out to rice road and have a look around for the day. The only problem is, it would be hard to do in a 747.
If this sounds like a good idea, he would have to rent a plane for the day. I havent talked to him about the price but I think it would be around 1k +/- for an all day tour w/fuel. Anyone in ?

No Bitchin
02-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Just spoke with Mr. Battles would like to obtain phone number of pilot to do dog search I believe we could rally the money for the plane and fuel. Any info on this request call cell 619-987-1810

Scream
02-24-2005, 10:11 AM
I've been away from this board too long. I just read through the entire thread and can't imagine what Mike and Sandy are going through. We'll keep little Maddison in our thoughts and prayers folks. Boxscore and ClownPuncher, keep up the good work on the updates for us.
From the outset, it looks like Rice Rd has way too many accidents, but thinking about it, it's probably no more or less than any other busy two lane hwy, but our friends, our ***boat family use it quite often and unfortunately are the ones who get hurt as a result.
News of this type makes a huge impact on us all. The outpouring of well wishes is evidence of type of comraderie we share on this forum. Bless the Battle family and bless this Hot Boat family as well.
Scream

TeamLombo
02-24-2005, 10:25 AM
I am Madison's cousin (Sandy's nephew). I can not tell you how touching it is to read everything here. I am sitting here at my office fighting the tears in my eyes just to get through all the posts.
I have been at the hospital the past couple days, and I can tell you all the support, flowers, cards, balloons, and messages are a sign of the overwhelming support from everyone. It is beautiful!!
Everything said here about Mike and Sandy and their family is absolutely true. This is the most wonderful and beautiful family you could imagine. Madison is a very beautiful strong little girl that will fight through this. It is going to be very hard, all your prayers and kind thoughts will help her and our family tremendously.
Without going into too much detail, I want to let everyone know that Madison had a very good night and early morning today. The neuro-surgeon passed on very promising details and is very pleased with her signs. She is being kept in an induced coma and will hopefully be slowly brought off the medication if she continues to show these signs.
Thanks to everyone. Every prayer and kind thought helps more than you will ever know.
Please keep Madison in your thoughts and prayers.

Artv
02-24-2005, 10:34 AM
thank you very much for the update.

OC-PARTYCAT
02-24-2005, 10:57 AM
I pm'd NB to let him know that my buddy, the pilot, is going to be contacting me around noon today.
He will fly for free but the costs of the plane and fuel would need to be picked up by donations. I will have a better understanding of the costs involved as soon as I hear from him.
I think this is a good thing and I will be donating some $$ to the cause. Im not sure what will come of it but, its worth a try to find the dog before its replaced.
If this goes down, maybe someone that lives in Parker or ?? can donate some time to be on the ground if the dog is located.

ITS ALL GOOD
02-24-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm in

Mrs Luvnlife
02-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Our thoughts & prayers go out to all!! Stay strong and keep fighting Madison!
The Luvnlife's

phebus
02-24-2005, 11:32 AM
What area of Rice Road was the accident? I am going out in the morning, and would love to scout around and see if there was any chance of finding the lost dog.

No Bitchin
02-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Location was 10 miles east of Iron MTN on rice

Phat Matt
02-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Unbelievable ain't it? I may actually make a trip out there for this "mexican sushi?" just to meet this fine bunch.
You should. Instead of rice they put the fish on beans. ;)

MOBrien
02-24-2005, 11:54 AM
I am Madison's cousin (Sandy's nephew). I can not tell you how touching it is to read everything here. I am sitting here at my office fighting the tears in my eyes just to get through all the posts.
I have been at the hospital the past couple days, and I can tell you all the support, flowers, cards, balloons, and messages are a sign of the overwhelming support from everyone. It is beautiful!!
Everything said here about Mike and Sandy and their family is absolutely true. This is the most wonderful and beautiful family you could imagine. Madison is a very beautiful strong little girl that will fight through this. It is going to be very hard, all your prayers and kind thoughts will help her and our family tremendously.
Without going into too much detail, I want to let everyone know that Madison had a very good night and early morning today. The neuro-surgeon passed on very promising details and is very pleased with her signs. She is being kept in an induced coma and will hopefully be slowly brought off the medication if she continues to show these signs.
Thanks to everyone. Every prayer and kind thought helps more than you will ever know.
Please keep Madison in your thoughts and prayers.
I am so impressed with the outward flow of heartfelt posts. It's proof that this is an exceptional forum/family filled with many good people....whether we know each other or not. I'm sitting here in my office, damn near crying while reading nearly every post in this thread. I'm not sure if my tears are a result of sadness, hope, and recovery for this little Princess and her family.... or if they're a result of reading the selfless & thoughtful expressions made by our fellow ***boaters. Then of course I realize it's a combination of both. I will pray and pray and pray for a complete recovery for everyone that was involved in this terrible ordeal. I can't help but imagine what I'd be feeling if it were my little princess going through this.....devastation no doubt. We've got a 3yo daughter and another girl due in 3 weeks and this kinda shit really scares me. I don't have any idea who almost all of you are, but I wish and pray for each and every one of you to be safe in all that you do, take good care of your loved ones and friends, and I especially wish a speedy and full recovery to little Ms. Madison. :clover: Madison and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers until this post is updated with notice of her being released and heading home....hopefully very soon with all this good karma swirling around in our huge ***boat family.
Take care everyone and to those that have direct communication with this family.....please remember to post updates when they are available.
-MOB

Magic34
02-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Count me in on everything we can do.

OC-PARTYCAT
02-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, I just talked to my bud. He has to work and wont be able to fly out there until next week.
Doesnt anyone know a pilot here?
Im sure there is one in the area for hire if needed.
What about you CHP peeps? Isnt there a plane that clocks all the law breakers on that road? got pull?

mtndewdrops
02-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Our thoughts are with the family, this is a very upsetting news. :frown: I worry when I travel this road with my family. I am always looking out for a Head-On and am carefull to pass...not even thinking of a blowout. Loma Linda is the best, my step sister works there in Cardiac.
Wishing All the Best :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

Lake Ape
02-24-2005, 01:25 PM
They could probably use a good deal on a new car! Anyone got any connections? I know replacing a totalled car can be a real pain!

phebus
02-24-2005, 01:37 PM
What area of Rice Road was the accident? I am going out in the morning, and would love to scout around and see if there was any chance of finding the lost dog.
Please give details on the dog. Breed , name, I.D on collar, etc. I'll stop in the general area to walk my dogs and run around a little, hopefully they will come back with a friend.

Artv
02-24-2005, 01:47 PM
They could probably use a good deal on a new car! Anyone got any connections? I know replacing a totalled car can be a real pain!
I work for Nissan and Infiniti. I could save them a good amount of money. Employees get the vehicles at invoice.

No Bitchin
02-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Dog, 2year old male golden retriever name is Max he is very slender and has more of a red coat. He is a very happy pup, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clownpuncher
02-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi Everyone- This is Mrs. Clownpuncher. This is the first time I have ever posted - or have read anything to any extent. I always considered myself a ***boat widow, while he was on here. I just want to say "Thank you to all of you"- your prayers are working for little Madison. You are all awesome- cant wait to meet you.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-24-2005, 03:43 PM
:( I just saw this. Please let them all know we are thinking and praying for them all. They all sound like fighters keep possitive . This is such a sad story and to know people that know people really hits home.
madison, stay strong sweetie. you have alot to look forward to this is one opstickle you will come to, there will be many more . We are all thinking and praying for you and your family to pull through this with as little pain as possible.
Hang in there sweetie. we love you . :smile:
Charmaine, Jamie and Family.
xoxox's.

redi4fun
02-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi Everyone- This is Mrs. Clownpuncher. This is the first time I have ever posted - or have read anything to any extent. I always considered myself a ***boat widow, while he was on here. I just want to say "Thank you to all of you"- your prayers are working for little Madison. You are all awesome- cant wait to meet you.
No worries :clover:
Isn't it great to know that if you where ever in a bad situation that there are alot of good people around here that are more than willing to lend a hand.
Got to love the boards!!!!!

SoCalHD
02-24-2005, 03:59 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family as well. I'll echo others is saying that anything that I can do to help I'll do-My work is off Waterman. I'm only 2 exits from LLUMC, and have a very flexable job!!

boxscore
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
OK Folks... Here's the deal...
http://www.battlesangel.com/
This is a site that was created today by Katie, a good friend of the Battles. Great pictures of the family are there and more are to be posted in the coming days. There's a link to a Google message board where messages can be posted to the family. Just another effort by generous peeps who wanna help in any way possible.

boxscore
02-24-2005, 05:12 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family as well. I'll echo others is saying that anything that I can do to help I'll do-My work is off Waterman. I'm only 2 exits from LLUMC, and have a very flexable job!!
thanks partner... we'll add you to the list!

boxscore
02-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Please give details on the dog. Breed , name, I.D on collar, etc. I'll stop in the general area to walk my dogs and run around a little, hopefully they will come back with a friend.
Awesome Phebus

boxscore
02-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I pm'd NB to let him know that my buddy, the pilot, is going to be contacting me around noon today.
He will fly for free but the costs of the plane and fuel would need to be picked up by donations. I will have a better understanding of the costs involved as soon as I hear from him.
I think this is a good thing and I will be donating some $$ to the cause. Im not sure what will come of it but, its worth a try to find the dog before its replaced.
If this goes down, maybe someone that lives in Parker or ?? can donate some time to be on the ground if the dog is located.
You guys are hot $hits... Count me in for one large.

doesitfloat?
02-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Not that this thread wasn't heart wrenching enough, but just seeing the pic of Madison and her parents really brings it home...this could easily have been any of us.
Prayers for Madison and her family and friends...
This is a site that was created today by Katie, a good friend of the Battles. Great pictures of the family are there and more are to be posted in the coming days. There's a link to a Google message board where messages can be posted to the family. Just another effort by generous peeps who wanna help in any way possible.

Essex29
02-24-2005, 09:38 PM
put me down for 50.00...pm me with instructions on how to get it to you.
Tarek

phebus
02-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm driving out tomorrow morning, and plan on stopping at several locations in the area of the accident, and calling and looking for the dog. I will post tomprrow night if anything positive comes of my search.

Outnumbered
02-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Glad to hear that things are looking better. Was there a PayPAl account set up or a donation address? Also, I think there is a good chance that the dog was picked up by a passer-by, good samaritan. Maybe even a truck driver. Anyone going out that way may want to post some lost dog signs at a few of the truck stops, rest areas, and gas stations along the route between Havi and Cali. Just a thought.
OL

nyeti
02-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Hopefully things are progressing with Madison. My fellow workers all have a saying that "God works at Loma Linda". My family's prayers are with her, and I am sure she will recover. PM sent for the puppy fund.

Boy Named Sue
02-24-2005, 11:59 PM
This accident shakes me. I just came across the thread and the ties to my life are spooky. I've driven Rice rd. I've had three friends killed in a rollover crash on I-15 and the survivor was flown to Loma Linda and made a miraculous recovery. My friends daughters name is Maddy. The power of your combined hope and love and prayers can carry this little girl through. I've seen it happen.
Suey

JackieV
02-25-2005, 12:37 AM
We just got back from Rodrigo's in Corona and I have to say ALOT of ***boat peeps turned out and gave to the simple poster board we brought. I was extremely touched at how generous ***boat peeps were. Thanks Bunny166 and lil Bunny for the gift certificate and to whomever gave the DoughBoy beenie babies, Thank you too! And a special thanks to all those that were there or requested to sign the Get Well card for Madison.
NOW if someone that either knows that family or is a family member could PM either ARTV or myself with more info...we would like to get this to Madison ASAP! ;)

clownpuncher
02-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Awesome site Boxscore!! Thanks again to all the support the Battle's have gotten from the HB/RRL/HDF forums. They know about the support and it's just a mater of time before they post about it. You guys are the shit!!
Roland

clownpuncher
02-25-2005, 12:46 AM
We just got back from Rodrigo's in Corona and I have to say ALOT of ***boat peeps turned out and gave to the simple poster board we brought. I was extremely touched at how generous ***boat peeps were. Thanks Bunny166 and lil Bunny for the gift certificate and to whomever gave the DoughBoy beenie babies, Thank you too! And a special thanks to all those that were there or requested to sign the Get Well card for Madison.
NOW if someone that either knows that family or is a family member could PM either ARTV or myself with more info...we would like to get this to Madison ASAP! ;)
Call me on my cell anytime on Friday......760-641-4726. I can get you the info you need to get it to Madison. If you can't get a hold of me just PM Boxscore and he'll do the same. I can't believe the support...awesome.
We tried to make it to Corona for the deal, but, it didn't work out. No matter what, like I said earlier, I owe y'all a beer just for the fact that you're all cool peeps. Thanks a ton!!!!
Roland

JackieV
02-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Call me on my cell anytime on Friday......760-641-4726. I can get you the info you need to get it to Madison. If you can't get a hold of me just PM Boxscore and he'll do the same. I can't believe the support...awesome.
We tried to make it to Corona for the deal, but, it didn't work out. No matter what, like I said earlier, I owe y'all a beer just for the fact that you're all cool peeps. Thanks a ton!!!!
Roland
You got it! Will do! God be with her and her family! I just know it in my heart that she will make it through this and live to tell the story...she is an Angel sent from above. Please let us know how we can get this to her or her family.

TeamLombo
02-25-2005, 06:26 AM
This is cousin Michael again, I can get everything to the hospital. I am in Brea right now at my office. I should be able to get on the road in a while to the hospital. My wife will also be on the road in a couple hours headed to the hospital and will be going through Corona on her way. Please let me know what we can do to get these things to Madi.
My cell phone is 714.240.4910
Also, our entire family thanks everyone here for their support. We are hoping today is another good day for Madi...keep praying for her.
Michael.

mtndewdrops
02-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Also, I think there is a good chance that the dog was picked up by a passer-by, good samaritan. Maybe even a truck driver. Anyone going out that way may want to post some lost dog signs at a few of the truck stops, rest areas, and gas stations along the route between Havi and Cali. Just a thought.
OL
I am heading to Havasu on Sunday a.m. and usually stop at the Desert Center Cafe, I could post something if someone has contact info.
I will also take an excursion to see if I can find MAX.

boxscore
02-25-2005, 07:28 AM
www.battlesangel.com

boxscore
02-25-2005, 12:24 PM
I am heading to Havasu on Sunday a.m. and usually stop at the Desert Center Cafe, I could post something if someone has contact info.
I will also take an excursion to see if I can find MAX.
Thanks for the efforts! You can use my cell , 760-899-8255. May as well make note for a $500.00 reward as well.
There's also some new contact info, photos, etc. listed at
www.battlesangel.com
Thanks to Katie for whipping up a website. (she's the hottest computer geek known to man)

Jrocket
02-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Yesterday I went out to the hospital to take Madison a little get well package.I got a chance to meet both her Mom and Dad while I was there.Too say these two people are the nicest you'll ever meet would be an understatement.They're the kind of people that make you feel like you've known them for years,even if you've only said but a few words to them.Really,really nice people.You could tell that they're torn up badly over the entire deal but still show a strong positive attitude.Madison could'nt be in better hands with these two for parents.I didnt get a chance to see Madison,I didnt feel like imposing or bothering them anymore than what it took to just drop off some goodies for her.I'll be back after she's up and getting around.

WYRD
02-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Did she make any progress today?

TeamLombo
02-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I just posted an update on Madi's condition today on www.battlesangel.com, please go there to get the latest updates and check out some pics. We are working on getting more pictures, stories and updates, so check back often.
As a quick note, she is doing great! The doctors are very pleased with her progress.

clownpuncher
02-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Did she make any progress today?
I talked to Mike earlier today. He was in pretty good spirits and it sounds like Sandy is doing better also.
Mike talked to the neuro-surgeon today. Sounds like the doc is pretty optimistic about Madison. That's great news. I told Mike it's a good sign when the neuro-surgeon is optimistic and willing to share that optimism with family members.
Either later today or tomorrow, they're (LLUMC) gonna start the proceedure to bring Madison out of a coma. Needless to say this will be milestone and I can't wait.
Mike talked to me about eating pizza. "Today's a good pizza day" were his words. So I'm gonna give him a call and if they're up for pizza then Jayme and I will bring em some. Mike has been partial to Bud Light when he comes into our restaurant so I may have to smuggle a couple of Bud Lights and sodas for them too.
Did you know that LLUMC doesn't have any meat/caffeine products. If I were stuck there I know I'd be dying for a fat steak or even a huge sub sandwich or pizza, double pepperoni :)
I talked to another family member today, he's "teamlombo" on the boards. We were talking about all the great support that the Battles are getting from HB'ers. The room is getting fuller by the day of gifts, cards, balloons, flowers etc. It is truly lifting Mike and Sandy's spirits.
More updates as they become available.
Roland

WYRD
02-25-2005, 03:49 PM
I am sooooo glad she is improving my kids and I have been praying for her everynight before bed.
Still praying for you Maddie Keep fighting strong :p :p

Mrs.Racer277
02-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Thank you so very much of the updates. Thoughts and prayers still going out.

FRENCHIE
02-25-2005, 04:14 PM
I talked to Mike earlier today. He was in pretty good spirits and it sounds like Sandy is doing better also.
Mike talked to the neuro-surgeon today. Sounds like the doc is pretty optimistic about Madison. That's great news. I told Mike it's a good sign when the neuro-surgeon is optimistic and willing to share that optimism with family members.
Either later today or tomorrow, they're (LLUMC) gonna start the proceedure to bring Madison out of a coma. Needless to say this will be milestone and I can't wait.
Mike talked to me about eating pizza. "Today's a good pizza day" were his words. So I'm gonna give him a call and if they're up for pizza then Jayme and I will bring em some. Mike has been partial to Bud Light when he comes into our restaurant so I may have to smuggle a couple of Bud Lights and sodas for them too.
Did you know that LLUMC doesn't have any meat/caffeine products. If I were stuck there I know I'd be dying for a fat steak or even a huge sub sandwich or pizza, double pepperoni :)
I talked to another family member today, he's "teamlombo" on the boards. We were talking about all the great support that the Battles are getting from HB'ers. The room is getting fuller by the day of gifts, cards, balloons, flowers etc. It is truly lifting Mike and Sandy's spirits.
More updates as they become available.
Roland
THANX FOR THE UPDATE ROLAND!!!! :cool:

TCHB
02-25-2005, 04:32 PM
It sounds like she is strong and will win this battle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Artv
02-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the update, I'll be on my way back to CA in just a few hours. The card will be delivered on saturday.

sillywilly
02-25-2005, 04:50 PM
I do not know any of you people. I logged on yesterday to check in after not logging in for at least two or three months. The first thread I opened was this one. Within twenty minutes I was in tears. I could not even imagine such a tradgedy! This kind of stuff just happens to the wrong people. I went home last night and hugged my little girl. I kept thinking about maddison and was praying that she is ok. I also pray that her parents will be strong for her. I told my wife about this, and I said that I do not know if I would be able to hold it together. I was trying to imagine the long drive to the hospital that the parents went through after the accident. All that time on the road to think about their badly injured daughter. That must have been pure hell. I am sure God gave them the strength they needed to get through that time as well as this whole ordeal. Whoever you people are, may God look over you and bless you with nothing but the best in a speedy and full recovery. We are praying for you!
Bill

famaffair
02-25-2005, 05:09 PM
The word of God says that the effective fervent prayer of the righteous avails much, It also says that he is Jehovah Rapha (A God who heals) I do not know this family, however I can only imagine the pain and hurt that they are feeling. May God bless this family and shed his grace upon them.
John 15:7 "If you abide in him and his words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be granted"

essexjet
02-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the updates CP and TeamLombo. I just got off the phone with a friend that works at Loma Linda and she went to go see Madison. She was telling me that the family was overwhelmed by the support and gifts from "people that they dont know". She also said that the hospital staff could not believe it either. Madison will still be in my prayers.

TeamLombo
02-25-2005, 05:47 PM
This update was also just posted on the Google group that is linked from www.battlesangel.com
A quick update on some GOOD NEWS!!!!!
The nurse asked Madison to blink 2 times..AND SHE DID!!!
It was not a coincidence because she did it again.
Then uncle Jim asked her to blink 2 times...AND SHE DID!!!
This is huge because not only did she respond, but she responded
correctly.
The ICP monitor was also just removed. We are waiting for the MRI to
take place (tonight, Sat, or Sun). This will be done to make sure
there are no other injuries. If there are no additional injuries and
her brain is looking good, she will then be weaned off the meds.
Also, Sandy wanted me to make sure everyone knew that with the
tremendous amount of stuffed animals and balloons, she is bringing some
to sister Camryn as well. Camryn is very excited to be getting these
gifts and it lifts her spirits too.

Slider
02-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Amen

Mrs.Racer277
02-25-2005, 06:03 PM
This update was also just posted on the Google group that is linked from www.battlesangel.com
A quick update on some GOOD NEWS!!!!!
The nurse asked Madison to blink 2 times..AND SHE DID!!!
It was not a coincidence because she did it again.
Then uncle Jim asked her to blink 2 times...AND SHE DID!!!
This is huge because not only did she respond, but she responded
correctly.
The ICP monitor was also just removed. We are waiting for the MRI to
take place (tonight, Sat, or Sun). This will be done to make sure
there are no other injuries. If there are no additional injuries and
her brain is looking good, she will then be weaned off the meds.
Also, Sandy wanted me to make sure everyone knew that with the
tremendous amount of stuffed animals and balloons, she is bringing some
to sister Camryn as well. Camryn is very excited to be getting these
gifts and it lifts her spirits too.
This is such wonderful news. Thank you for taking the time to keep us all posted. I am sitting here at the computer crying. I can not imagine what her parents are going thru right now.
Keep up the prayers HB Family!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-25-2005, 06:09 PM
That's such wonderful news. Thanks for keeping us posted.

4-B
02-25-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm driving out tomorrow morning, and plan on stopping at several locations in the area of the accident, and calling and looking for the dog. I will post tomprrow night if anything positive comes of my search.
Good luck to you. Give the dog a hug from all of us when you find him.

boxscore
02-25-2005, 06:33 PM
I'll have another update later this evening. My wife is on her way to see Mike & Sandy, love on Madison, and smuggle a couple of cold ones in for Dad.

phebus
02-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Good luck to you. Give the dog a hug from all of us when you find him.
Unfortunately, we were unsuccessfull in locating the dog. Our search area was from approx. 7mi. east of Iron Mt. to approx. 15mi. east. We also stopped at McGoo's (the liquor store in Desert Center) and there was nothing posted on their bulletin board of a found dog, and no one in the store had heard of one.
The entire area is teaming with Cal Trans dozers and trucks that are working the area to clean the road after all the rains, but they had all gone home for the day and we couldn't contact any of them to see if they had seen the dog or if anyone had it . I don't know if anyone here on the boards works for Cal Trans, or has any contacts, but I would think they would be the best source of info.
We will check the area again Sunday morning on our way home.
Sorry,
Rick

boxscore
02-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, we were unsuccessfull in locating the dog. Our search area was from approx. 7mi. east of Iron Mt. to approx. 15mi. east. We also stopped at McGoo's (the liquor store in Desert Center) and there was nothing posted on their bulletin board of a found dog, and no one in the store had heard of one.
The entire area is teaming with Cal Trans dozers and trucks that are working the area to clean the road after all the rains, but they had all gone home for the day and we couldn't contact any of them to see if they had seen the dog or if anyone had it . I don't know if anyone here on the boards works for Cal Trans, or has any contacts, but I would think they would be the best source of info.
We will check the area again Sunday morning on our way home.
Sorry,
Rick
Amazing effort! This tragedy once again bringing out the best in people.

Mrs.HLB
02-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Great news!! Prayers are still coming their way!! Please keep us updated.