PDA

View Full Version : Had a little mishap while parking my toyhauler...

DryHeatOnly
02-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I backed the trailer into my storage spot tonight and hit the rubrail of the deck boat parked next to me. :(
I've backed it in there quite a few times, but this time I cut it too close. I feel bad about it.
There was no damage to the boat, but I did rip the cover. It tore in a 'chair' pattern from the rubrail to the top. I had a tarp with me so I covered the boat in case it rained tonight.
I left a message at the storage place asking them to have the owner call me tomorrow.
Does anyone know what a new cover might cost? It looks like a 21'-23' Chaparral-type deck boat.

Outnumbered
02-21-2005, 10:02 PM
I backed the trailer into my storage spot tonight and hit the rubrail of the deck boat parked next to me. :(
I've backed it in there quite a few times, but this time I cut it too close. I feel bad about it.
There was no damage to the boat, but I did rip the cover. It tore in a 'chair' pattern from the rubrail to the top. I had a tarp with me so I covered the boat in case it rained tonight.
I left a message at the storage place asking them to have the owner call me tomorrow.
Does anyone know what a new cover might cost? It looks like a 21'-23' Chaparral-type deck boat.
If he wants new I would say $300-800 depending on if its a stock or custom. He may be cool and let you repair it. How nice was the cover.
OL

slink
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Sorry to hear that Sam. What type of cover was it (heavy duty tow or light weight) My cousin ripped his heavy duty tow cover on his new 27 Lavey while backing it into his storage. It tore right above the rail. He took it to that cover shop on Yorba/6th st in Corona and the guy stitched it up for like $40. works like new jsut a little cosmetic. Hopefully that will help.

Dr. Eagle
02-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know what a new cover might cost?
I think you're
DOOOOOOOOOOOMED! (http://images.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/drama1.wmv)

DryHeatOnly
02-21-2005, 10:08 PM
If he wants new I would say $300-800 depending on if its a stock or custom. He may be cool and let you repair it. How nice was the cover.
OL
It looked like a stock cover you'd get included with a boat. I couldn't tell how old it was but it looked like it wasn't too old. I'm going to check it out a little closer in the morning (in the daylight).
I should find a place that does good canvas repair in case he'll settle for that.
Anybody know of a good canvas shop in the I.E. or O.C.?

DryHeatOnly
02-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Sam. What type of cover was it (heavy duty tow or light weight) My cousin ripped his heavy duty tow cover on his new 27 Lavey while backing it into his storage. It tore right above the rail. He took it to that cover shop on Yorba/6th st in Corona and the guy stitched it up for like $40. works like new jsut a little cosmetic. Hopefully that will help.
Thanks Jeff. It felt a bit thinner than the cover we have. I'd be suprised if it's considered a heavy duty towing cover.
Yorba/6th...thanks ;)

DryHeatOnly
02-21-2005, 10:12 PM
I think you're
DOOOOOOOOOOOMED! (http://images.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/drama1.wmv)
LOL!!! :D :D :D
Hopefully not too bad!

slink
02-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Sam, the guy does quality work. couple guys from work have had custom covers made there. It is all he does. Can't miss the place. go west on sixth toward Toyota of corona, Yorba it on your right hand side and splits off at 45 degrees. the shop is on the right hand side. Good luck

Jrocket
02-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Just give me $300 and I'll forget about it.

DryHeatOnly
02-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Sam, the guy does quality work. couple guys from work have had custom covers made there. It is all he does. Can't miss the place. go west on sixth toward Toyota of corona, Yorba it on your right hand side and splits off at 45 degrees. the shop is on the right hand side. Good luck
I'm definetely going to 'suggest' it ;)
Thanks Jeff :cool:

DryHeatOnly
02-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Just give me $300 and I'll forget about it.
:D I'm just glad there wasn't a DCB under that cover!! :2purples: :2purples: :D :D

Kilrtoy
02-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Sam would you settle if someone did this to your stuff.....
If the answer is HONESTLY NO, then either should he.....

Outnumbered
02-21-2005, 10:49 PM
That's Adlees. They did my custom tow cover for $700. Good work and been around forever:
http://adleecoversboats.com/

DryHeatOnly
02-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Sam would you settle if someone did this to your stuff.....
If the answer is HONESTLY NO, then either should he.....
I'm only going to suggest a fix but if he wants a new cover, no problem. I'm not going to put any pressure on him because if it was me, I'd want a new one. It's his call.

DryHeatOnly
02-21-2005, 11:04 PM
That's Adlees. They did my custom tow cover for $700. Good work and been around forever:
http://adleecoversboats.com/
Thanks OL. :cool:

RiverToysJas
02-22-2005, 12:13 AM
You must be a few spaces down from me! We were there Saturday and wondered why someone would keep such a nice boat outside in the storage area. My buddy, two spots over from me (and must be near you) hit dented the trailer next to him last season while pulling out. That cost him like 7 or 8 bills. Well all I can say is......at least you didn't hit my beautiful 1976 travel trailer! :D
RTJas :D

THATJEFFGUY
02-22-2005, 10:46 AM
just buy the guy a new cover...won't your insurance pay for it ?

phebus
02-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Take the cover off, flip it inside out, put it back on, and the tear will be on the other side!! Simple fix.
Seriously you are doing the right thing, "hey buddy your choice, I will make it good".
Also, work with the guy, he may get a discount from the dealer he bought from on any accessory purchases.