PDA

View Full Version : My New 24 Fast Cat out of the mold

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to HDD for taking these pics for me over the weekend. Take it easy on me Rick! I cant wait till its done and on the water.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/724DSCN8412resize.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/724DSCN8410resize.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/724DSCN8411resize.jpg
yes it is metalflake in the red and silver
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/724DSCN8416resize.jpg

UnionJack
02-22-2005, 07:36 AM
Nice colors, metal flake is the thing

dicudmore
02-22-2005, 07:37 AM
congrats :D
more pics as it comes together :wink:

Holland
02-22-2005, 07:41 AM
Very cool!!!! does it have a big ice chest for us as we take the tour this summer???? :D
Nice ride... Congrats!!!!
And welcome to the boards!

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 07:45 AM
SWEET,
Now dont go smaller thana 525, YOU WILL REGRET IT

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Today 03:36 PM
UnionJack Nice colors, metal flake is the thing
I was worried about how the flake would turn out but from what I see its going to be cool....

UnionJack
02-22-2005, 07:47 AM
KILR... When I was running up to the springs and you were are your way down I kept looking over my shoulder for you to make a run on me :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 07:47 AM
SWEET,
Now dont go smaller thana 525, YOU WILL REGRET IT
Why is that???? :confused:
HDD:cool:

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 08:01 AM
UnionJack Nice colors, metal flake is the thing
I was worried about how the flake would turn out but from what I see its going to be cool....
There was a quite a bit of Flake at the show. :D
HDD :cool:

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 08:03 AM
I didnt see to many boats with alot of flake. Most of them had like a stripe or two.

phebus
02-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Saw your boat when I went by Campbell for something. It looks great in the sunlight. Beautifull boat.

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Why is that???? :confused:
Oh I dont know, Whats in your boat Glen, a 496 ?????????????????????????????

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh I dont know, Whats in your boat Glen, a 496 ?????????????????????????????
I'm running a 540 CI :D
But I ran a stock 454 Magnum 385HP for 5 years in the 1st Party Cat. :wink:
Ran 65 MPH and over 55 MPH with a full load of peeps. :D
I'm hearing 65 to 70 with a 496. :wink:
Believe me you don't want to be going over 75 MPH with your family in an open deck boat. :wink: :2purples:
Deck boats can run fast but are really made to cruise. :hammer2:

unleashed
02-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Looks like a great boat. HDD now has company with a fellow cheetah owner. I like the metal flake it will look sick in the water.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 10:30 AM
I know what you have in your boat, Just dont want to see him make a mistake and regret the lack of speed or power.
JUST BECAUSE THE BOAT CAN GO THAT FAST , DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO DRIVE IT THAT FAST......

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Looks like a great boat. HDD now has company with a fellow cheetah owner. I like the metal flake it will look sick in the water.
Deano
Hope I get to see HDD and you alot this summer. We plan on going as much as we can. The whole family is excited... :D

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I know what you have in your boat, Just dont want to see him make a mistake and regret the lack of speed or power.
JUST BECAUSE THE BOAT CAN GO THAT FAST , DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO DRIVE IT THAT FAST......
Actually I told him to go with a 496 :wink: Plenty of speed and power! :D

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Deano
What up Deano. We missed the rain by being in the desert :clover:
Hey Rick Nodigg is putting a 540 with a Whipple in his 24 Party Cat 85 MPH+ Scary!!! :2purples:

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 10:35 AM
From my personal experience I made that mistake twice with my past two boats, I will never make it again. I will go as big as I can afford and then go bigger....
JAY, either way you will be happy..... Congrats on the boat....

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Saw your boat when I went by Campbell for something. It looks great in the sunlight. Beautifull boat.
Phebus didnt you keep your boat at the ford fleet dealer for a while? I think we ar close I am in Robinson Ranch, Where you at?

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Glen...I told Rick I WILL not be getting in his boat for any speed runs....Yes, it is scary to me also
Unless your driving 70 it's too fast in that boat. :jawdrop: :argue:
And all from the experience of owning two of them since 1995 :wink:
Lets say I think I know a little about how this particular hull rides and what type of HP they need. :D

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Unless your driving 70 it's too fast in that boat. :jawdrop: :argue:
And all from the experience of owning two of them since 1995 :wink:
Lets say I think I know a little about how this particular hull rides and what type of HP they need. :D
I agree HDD I was thinking about what KILR said but it sure would seem scary goin that fast. Plus I plan on the whole family deal. Who knows in a year that raylar stuff will be great and ther is always a procharger...

chub
02-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Deano
I agree the pics look cool. My bro in law was just asking about this boat and I don't know much about them. I'll be looking for it this summer to check out.

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Ok If I read this correctly........
70MPH is all this hull can handle, then yes get the 496 and call it a day.... if it can handle faster speeds, go bigger.
Case and Point:
My 2005 vette does 186 TOP SPEED,
I dont drive it that fast or anywhere close to that....
but I know it can if I want too..........

phebus
02-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Phebus didnt you keep your boat at the ford fleet dealer for a while? I think we ar close I am in Robinson Ranch, Where you at?
No, I looked at that boat when it was for sale, and that is where I went to look at it, but ended up buying another one that was much cleaner that I am very happy with.
I live in Rancho, down by Tijeras Creek Golf Course.

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Ok If I read this correctly........
70MPH is all this hull can handle, then yes get the 496 and call it a day.... if it can handle faster speeds, go bigger.
Case and Point:
My 2005 vette does 186 TOP SPEED,
I dont drive it that fast or anywhere close to that....
but I know it can if I want too..........
You didn't read it correctly Unless your driving 70 is too fast in that boat.
The hull has seen speeds in excess of 85 MPH :wink:
And when did they start comparing a boat with a car? :hammerhea
I would rather give a person some reliable and acurate information when I'm asked, rather then selling them on something that they don't need, or may jepordize their family. :wink:
Installing more HP just because you can afford it doesn't mean it's safe! :hammerhea
And don't tell me it's there only if you want to put the throttles down. My point would be, why spend all that money and have that extra power and not use it. :hammerhea

syke-o
02-22-2005, 11:35 AM
how does the cheetah deck handle the rough havasu chop?????

HCS
02-22-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm running a 540 CI :D
But I ran a stock 454 Magnum 385HP for 5 years in the 1st Party Cat. :wink:
Ran 65 MPH and over 55 MPH with a full load of peeps. :D
I'm hearing 65 to 70 with a 496. :wink:
Believe me you don't want to be going over 75 MPH with your family in an open deck boat. :wink: :2purples:
Deck boats can run fast but are really made to cruise. :hammer2:
That was my 1st thought. It's a deck boat, how fast do you need to go. :jawdrop:

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 12:04 PM
You and I both know before this new engine of Ricks he was well over 70 as it was :2purples:
I do know that I go about 71 in the Shockwave and he just slowly catches up and then blows past me with no problem whatsoever....Then it is a matter of watching him continue to pull away :( I guess he is already in the low-mid 80's and will be hitting the 90's with the new motor. The BIACH never would tell me what the GPS numbers were :hammer2:
You agree Glen?
I would definitely agree with those numbers. :D

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 12:05 PM
how does the cheetah deck handle the rough havasu chop?????
Look at my signature, no problem, :wink: just might get a little wet! :p

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 12:15 PM
That was my 1st thought. It's a deck boat, how fast do you need to go. :jawdrop:
Finaly someone who get's my point! :rolleyes:

dicudmore
02-22-2005, 12:20 PM
ok which one of you Cheetah brothers is gonna hook me up w/a demo ride on the deck boat? My clan is out-growing the seating area in the 29' :rolleyes:

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 12:35 PM
ok which one of you Cheetah brothers is gonna hook me up w/a demo ride on the deck boat? My clan is out-growing the seating area in the 29' :rolleyes:
Well If you see me on the lake just ask! Even though I will not be going as fast as HDD and NODIGG. I would be happy to give you that ride. I dont know how big you want to go, but they say the 24' handles and rides beter than the 28'

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 12:47 PM
No, I looked at that boat when it was for sale, and that is where I went to look at it, but ended up buying another one that was much cleaner that I am very happy with.
I live in Rancho, down by Tijeras Creek Golf Course.
OK know were you are. Did you say you were a fireman? Where ?

CJ
02-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I love the BIG BOLD graphics. I have been liking flames more lately.

dicudmore
02-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Well If you see me on the lake just ask! Even though I will not be going as fast as HDD and NODIGG. I would be happy to give you that ride. I dont know how big you want to go, but they say the 24' handles and rides beter than the 28'
Thank you, same goes for a ride in the 29 :D
Wonder why the 24 would be a better ride?? :idea: Its a few bucks less anyway :D

phebus
02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
OK know were you are. Did you say you were a fireman? Where ?
Work for Orange Co. Fire, currently stationed in R.S.M., but off on comp after my second back surgery. Don't know if or when I'll get back.
Rick
Here is a picture of our current boat in case we cross paths, I'd love to check out your new boat and share a beer.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753Carrera_driveway_001-med.jpg

Newcastle
02-22-2005, 01:24 PM
I knew I joined the wrong department....shoulda been a fireman :frown:

OutCole'd
02-22-2005, 01:27 PM
The boat looks great. Keep the pics coming. Congrats....

phebus
02-22-2005, 01:34 PM
I knew I joined the wrong department....shoulda been a fireman :frown:
No, you should have been a debt counselor. Probably could have made a fortune off cops and firemen.
We sure love to play, don't WE!! :D

JB in so cal
02-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Work for Orange Co. Fire, currently stationed in R.S.M., but off on comp after my second back surgery. Don't know if or when I'll get back.
Rick
Here is a picture of our current boat in case we cross paths, I'd love to check out your new boat and share a beer.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753Carrera_driveway_001-med.jpg
Is there a Captain H*** R****** still there? Don't know how he is to work with but used to be one crazy SOB when he's away from the station.

phebus
02-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Is there a Captain H*** R****** still there? Don't know how he is to work with but used to be one crazy SOB when he's away from the station.
Hank is a friend of mine. He is one crazy guy. Working in Tustin now.

JB in so cal
02-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Hank is a friend of mine. He is one crazy guy. Working in Tustin now.
His wife (er... well, you know) and her daughter live next door to my parents. Known him for a while; played in a little golf tournament with him a few times. My bro and he were golf buddies for a long time.
He is a funny f*cker, all right!

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 02:03 PM
You didn't read it correctly
The hull has seen speeds in excess of 85 MPH :wink: :
THEN GO WITH A 525
And when did they start comparing a boat with a car? :hammerhea :
Giving an example, not a comparison
I would rather give a person some reliable and acurate information when I'm asked, rather then selling them on something that they don't need, or may jepordize their family. :wink: :
Then also let him know that he is gonna be really bored after everyone is passing him. Give him all the facts
Installing more HP just because you can afford it doesn't mean it's safe! :hammerhea :
You just stated the boat can handle it...
And don't tell me it's there only if you want to put the throttles down. My point would be, why spend all that money and have that extra power and not use it. :hammerhea :
As he becomes more proficient with his driving skills , he will use it....
HDD :cool:[/QUOTE]

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 02:48 PM
From my personal experience I made that mistake twice with my past two boats, I will never make it again.
Kilrtoy you must be bored to be debating in a Cheetah thread with me! But I'll play your game! :idea: :D
Then also let him know that he is gonna be really bored after everyone is passing him. Give him all the facts
Now your claiming I didn't give him all the facts!!!! WTF :boxingguy I don't recall you talking to Jay? :messedup: :D
Remember one thing it's Jay's boat and Jay purchased exactly what he wanted. ;) and if he wanted a Teague 800 we would be talking about the type of drive he went with. :supp:
You just stated the boat can handle it...
I never said the boat could handle it! :hammer2: I said it has seen those speeds! :D
As he becomes more proficient with his driving skills , he will use it....
You don't know his skill level so this is just your .02 but thanks for speaking for Jay I'm sure he will appreciate it. :D
HDD

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Actually you are debating with me Glen,
I know his skill level, This is his first boat.
Actually I have spoken very extensively with him, several times.
Im not bored, I just dont want to see him make the same mistakes I have in the past and regret it.....
I wish him the best with his new purchase.....
and many years of happiness. This is why I recommend the big engine.....

dicudmore
02-22-2005, 03:13 PM
ok Glenn will the hull handle it or won't it? :idea:
If I add a deck to the fleet I might want more than a 496HO :sleeping:

phebus
02-22-2005, 03:16 PM
O.K. as a deckboat owner, I'll jump in here.
My boat has the 496HO, and will approach 70mph. Fast enough for me- no, but if you have passengers on board (which is one of the design features of a deckboat), they will not be enjoying themselves at fast speeds. I agree if he was going with a different style boat that more power would be in order, but for a deckboat, 70mph is more then enough.
Good choice, put the money in the stereo and other bling features, and enjoy. :D

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 03:19 PM
O.K. as a deckboat owner, I'll jump in here.
My boat has the 496HO, and will approach 70mph. Fast enough for me- no, but if you have passengers on board (which is one of the design features of a deckboat), they wil be not enjoying themselves at fast speeds. I agree if he was going with a different style boat that more power would be in order, but for a deckboat, 70mph is more then enough.
Good choice, put the money in the stereo and other bling features, and enjoy. :D
Glad you posted this,
Now with 8 people on your boat full tanks and full Ice chest, how long does it take the boat to plane and what is the top speed.....

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 03:20 PM
ok Glenn will the hull handle it or won't it? :idea:
If I add a deck to the fleet I might want more than a 496HO :sleeping:
The hull can handle it but it is unsafe at those speeds with passenger's

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 03:23 PM
Actually you are debating with me Glen,
I know his skill level, This is his first boat.
Actually I have spoken very extensively with him, several times.
Im not bored, I just dont want to see him make the same mistakes I have in the past and regret it.....
I wish him the best with his new purchase.....
and many years of happiness. This is why I recommend the big engine.....
So even after your advice he went with a smaller motor ;) :D
No need to play Monday morning quarterback after the decission is made. :idea: :D
And being his first boat is another reason to go with a 496 :D

phebus
02-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Glad you posted this,
Now with 8 people on your boat full tanks and full Ice chest, how long does it take the boat to plane and what is the top speed.....
It actually comes on plane fairly fast ( only lose forward sight for a second) but top speed is definately cut into. Approx. 60 max.
On the other side of that though is if I have 8 people on board, that means there are people sitting on the forward bench seats, so any faster speeds would definately be a safety concern.
It actually is one hell of a party though, which to me is what the deckboat is all about.

JB in so cal
02-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Man. I thought the "I hate Magic" threads were hearty discussions... :boxingguy

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 03:29 PM
So even after your advice he went with a smaller motor ;) :D
No need to play Monday morning quarterback after the decission is made. :idea: :D
And being his first boat is another reason to go with a 496 :D
No actually the paint, motor and other choices were influenced by you, He called me and was getting second opinions. I told him the best place to look is HDD as he has a very fast one and would be his best source of knowledge. But, I will disagree with you on the motor, NEVER go small.....
So since I never owned a tunnel I should have bought a DCB with twin 125 outboards and learned and then next year or two went up to 300X's. I don't think so....

OutCole'd
02-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Man. I thought the "I hate Magic" threads were hearty discussions... :boxingguy
I've never seen one of those. :rolleyes:

JB in so cal
02-22-2005, 03:39 PM
No actually the paint, motor and other choices were influenced by you, He called me and was getting second opinions. I told him the best place to look is HDD as he has a very fast one and would be his best source of knowledge. But, I will disagree with you on the motor, NEVER go small.....
So since I never owned a tunnel I should have bought a DCB with twin 125 outboards and learned and then next year or two went up to 300X's. I don't think so....
Since I don't want to incur Kilr's wrath :D , and chime in if I'm out of line here, but there is a HUGE difference insurance wise (from the yearly cost to even getting it in the first place) between either 496 and ANY Blue Motor.
If all out cost is not an issue, than oh well; but if long term cost of ownership is, then he made a wise choice.
Bottom Line: You'll love your deck boat.

phebus
02-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Glad you posted this,
Oh, and one more thing. The boat never goes out without a full ice chest, so I would have no idea how it would run without it!!. :D . I drink responsibly, but insist on others having as good a time as possible. A sin in boating is not being able to offer a friend a drink.

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Oh, and one more thing. The boat never goes out without a full ice chest, so I would have no idea how it would run without it!!.
ROTFLMAO :D

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Since I don't want to incur Kilr's wrath :D , and chime in if I'm out of line here, but there is a HUGE difference insurance wise (from the yearly cost to even getting it in the first place) between either 496 and ANY Blue Motor.
If all out cost is not an issue, than oh well; but if long term cost of ownership is, then he made a wise choice.
Bottom Line: You'll love your deck boat.
I explained all that to him and had him call insurance companys first to find out if it was what he wanted to pay. Their is no Kilrtoy Wrath :D

BLOWN HOWARD
02-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Dam Kilr is getting all excited like we are talking about HOWARDS or something here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lightsabe

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Dam Kilr is getting all excited like we are talking about HOWARDS or something here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lightsabe
Actually I have a new opinion on Howards, I met a really down to earth Howard owner(I REALLY DIDNT THINK THERE WERE ANY). One of the nicest guys and his nose wasnt up in the air downing him during the rain.....
By the way its engines were debating, not boats......

JB in so cal
02-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Actually I have a new opinion on Howards, I met a really down to earth Howard owner(I REALLY DIDNT THINK THERE WERE ANY). One of the nicest guys and his nose wasnt up in the air downing him during the rain.....
God forbid!

phebus
02-22-2005, 04:09 PM
As a DCB owner, it just appeared that way, believe me it is just an illusion. You see, now that you are a DCB owner, your nose is just higher in the air then all those around you, making all others appear lower. :D
BTW Kilr, just bustin your balls. I am very envious of the new boat you got. Very nice indeed.

BLOWN HOWARD
02-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey what are you trying to say my nose doesnt come close to pointing up in the air!!!! I gurantee that i am the most down to earth laid back Howard owner out there consider i had to buy a used one. Oh engines huh thats a whole new ball game there. My opinion Get what suits ya and is going to serve a purpose, Point A to Point B.

BLOWN HOWARD
02-22-2005, 04:11 PM
As a DCB owner, it just appeared that way, believe me it is just an illusion. You see, now that you are a DCB owner, your nose is just higher in the air then all those around you, making all others appear lower. :D
Yeah Dont forget about the smaller people now that your in the cat club!!!!!!

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 07:45 PM
WOW I go home early after eating something basd and I miss the big debate..... I really only talked with four people about the size of the motor. I see good in all the advice that was given to me(you know who you are) I thinkthe 496 is the choice and after 1 year as I said before I can step it up with a whipple or something.

phebus
02-22-2005, 07:51 PM
WOW I go home early after eating something basd and I miss the big debate..... I really only talked with four people about the size of the motor. I see good in all the advice that was given to me(you know who you are) I thinkthe 496 is the choice and after 1 year as I said before I can step it up with a whipple or something.
Shut up, and go eat something. Were deciding your future for you damnit!! :D (You done good)

jayd_jr
02-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Shut up, and go eat something. Were deciding your future for you damnit!! :D (You done good)
I am glad someone could make that choice for me.... Keep the debate and info coming. Now I saw that eliminator deck boat again in your post is that yours? That is the one I saaw at the fleet dealer....

phebus
02-22-2005, 09:08 PM
I am glad someone could make that choice for me.... Keep the debate and info coming. Now I saw that eliminator deck boat again in your post is that yours? That is the one I saaw at the fleet dealer....
No, mine is a Carrera 257 Party Effect, wasn't at the fleet dealer.

atomickitn
02-22-2005, 09:10 PM
hey jayd, hows it ,glad to finally see it out of the mold. for those of you not realy clued in ive been pmm n jayd back and forth for over a month , soo long as you happpy with what you own ,who cares what anyone else thinks. i think you are making a wise choice, with the 496 ho , you can ask my 02 any time,, i rigg boats , and build power for a well known shop, well becoming well known(dana boats), jayd ,dude just have fun and be safe,,... :) :)

atomickitn
02-22-2005, 09:11 PM
dont forget there is one more to add to the cheetah bunch,, welcome to the kitty clan :mix: ;) ;)

atomickitn
02-22-2005, 09:15 PM
The hull can handle it but it is unsafe at those speeds with passenger's
hey glen it was nice to meet you at rr, and to see some one think about safty first with you family... :D

jayd_jr
02-23-2005, 09:19 AM
dont forget there is one more to add to the cheetah bunch,, welcome to the kitty clan :mix: ;) ;)
Glad to be part of it and hope that we can all make the regatta this year or at least make it to the lake at the same time!

BarryMac
02-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to HDD for taking these pics for me over the weekend. Take it easy on me Rick! I cant wait till its done and on the water.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/724DSCN8411resize.jpg
yes it is metalflake in the red and silver
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/724DSCN8416resize.jpg
jayd_jr, That's a great looking DeckBoat, you've made me very envious...

jayd_jr
02-23-2005, 09:44 AM
jayd_jr, That's a great looking DeckBoat, you've made me very envious...
Thanks! Gotta Jboat

nodigg
02-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Deano
Unleasehed, (OFF TOPIC) share a full size photo of your avitar for us pleeeeaze.

nodigg
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Glen...I told Rick I WILL not be getting in his boat for any speed runs....Yes, it is scary to me also
Now, son, you know I will never go faster than 38mph with you on board! :rollside:

nodigg
02-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Faster every year! :hammerhea :) :skull:

jayd_jr
02-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Unleasehed, (OFF TOPIC) share a full size photo of your avitar for us pleeeeaze.
I agree with that one rick.... Now lets get on topic!

nodigg
02-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Now to the point. Just got back from a ski trip Jay so I'm a litttle late in saying..... CONGRATS! Looks great. My .02 is do the HO as you already know. BUT...you can always re-do when you get (bored). BTW, that will take about 2-3 trips LOL! :rollside: Or, you can be the guy that is smarter than the rest of us and just have fun for less $$$$$ for a longer time.

nodigg
02-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Oh yeah, and just for the record, there is a Cheetah deck boat that ran 115 mph without killing anyone to date. :squiggle: Scares me too. :idea: Wonder how much that will cost me?

dicudmore
02-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh yeah, and just for the record, there is a Cheetah deck boat that ran 115 mph without killing anyone to date. :squiggle: Scares me too. :idea: Wonder how much that will cost me?
Whose? Where? When? How do I get a ride in it? :D
Rick, I'll settle for a ride in your 40mph sled :D

nodigg
02-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, after the upgrade to the motor, and dropping some stereo components and one of the four batteries and switching to the 5-blade prop.....I COULD see 40mph with a little luck. So if you have your own vest and helmet...let's do it! :D

nodigg
02-23-2005, 04:03 PM
You are one crazy mofo
NO DOUBT!

Ducatista
02-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Boat looks awesome jayd jr, I like the sparkle, congrats! :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
02-23-2005, 05:26 PM
hey glen it was nice to meet you at rr, and to see some one think about safty first with you family... :D
Same here! I seen you out in Havi last season.
We'll have a few cold ones. :D
What motor do you have! ;) LOL :D

hot_diggity_dog
02-23-2005, 05:30 PM
I'll be out a few time in March :wink: :D

Kilrtoy
02-23-2005, 05:33 PM
and to see some one think about safty first with you family... :D
And you wear life vest as does everyone in your boat before the motors start. No alcohol in the boat, shall I continue....
So having a fast boat or big motor means you dont think or care about saftey....COME ON.......

SHOTKALLIN
02-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey Kilrtoy, someome beat you in court today? :D
you seem a little extra confrontational today.

jayd_jr
02-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Ha looks like you have three rides.... I hope mine is done for the 1st of april maybe sooner! :D

nodigg
03-11-2005, 11:33 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1865PICT0159-med.JPG
Here is one of yesterday's photos Jay! Oh yeah, and thanks for the cold one's at the house!

nodigg
03-11-2005, 11:43 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1865jay_s_boat_002.jpg

jayd_jr
03-11-2005, 11:44 AM
your welcome for the beers and thanks for the pics I cant wait till next weekend.

phebus
03-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Looks great!! Is next weekend when you hope to get it on the water? Take more pics. :D

BarryMac
03-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Looks awesome Jayd jr...

OutCole'd
03-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Looks Great !!!! Congratulations.

moneypit
03-11-2005, 12:01 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/84Picture_090.jpg
I have flake in the grey

phebus
03-11-2005, 12:30 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/84Picture_090.jpg
I have flake in the grey
I have flake in the drivers seat of my boat. :D

dicudmore
03-11-2005, 12:34 PM
looking good :D

jayd_jr
03-11-2005, 01:38 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1384left_side_view.JPG
Here is one more that Rick took for me!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1384rear_view.JPG
and another!

syke-o
03-11-2005, 03:11 PM
that looks awesome!!! nice set up.... :D

moneypit
03-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Boat looks Great. what does Bob make the front doors out of?

jayd_jr
03-11-2005, 06:49 PM
He makes them out of plexiglass.....

nodigg
03-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Debuting this weekend in Havi???? I'll be here waiting for yas'! :D

jayd_jr
03-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Debuting this weekend in Havi???? I'll be here waiting for yas'! :D
Leaving on noon Friday! Will be at your place for drinks when I arrive.(hope the beer is cold!) I hope to get Bob out of bed early so I can beat the crowd to the windsor ramp! Its only down the street... :D

dicudmore
03-21-2005, 02:14 PM
will see both of ya there :D

nodigg
03-21-2005, 03:23 PM
I think I remember finally meetin you this past weekend Dan!

nodigg
03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Leaving on noon Friday! Will be at your place for drinks when I arrive.(hope the beer is cold!) I hope to get Bob out of bed early so I can beat the crowd to the windsor ramp! Its only down the street... :D
Early when? Saturday? And yes the beer is always cold and waiting. Come on by or cya in the channel or somewhere...NO DOUBT!

dicudmore
03-21-2005, 03:26 PM
I think I remember finally meetin you this past weekend Dan!
good to meet ya Rick :D

atomickitn
03-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Same here! I seen you out in Havi last season.
We'll have a few cold ones. :D
What motor do you have! ;) LOL :D
its a whippled 383 dune real nice with all the good stuff inside,, 10psi boost, it made525 hp 515 tq, not to bad for a little mouse.. ;) ;)

jayd_jr
03-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Early when? Saturday? And yes the beer is always cold and waiting. Come on by or cya in the channel or somewhere...NO DOUBT!
Rick, leaving midday on friday should be in town no later than 6:00pm. I will be ready for a beer then. OOn saturday it just depends on how long bob takes! I cant wait! :D

Cole Trickle
03-28-2005, 09:03 AM
Boat looks great on a trailer!
I honked at you yesterday on the toll road.(Driving a white 2003 crewcab silverado)
Congrats
Brandin

jayd_jr
03-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Boat looks great on a trailer!
I honked at you yesterday on the toll road.(Driving a white 2003 crewcab silverado)
Congrats
Brandin
Thanks Cole.... I was wondering who that was. I had to bring it home as the storage facility was not ready for me. Towing tha thing make s the trip seem so long and slow.

Cole Trickle
03-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks Cole.... I was wondering who that was. I had to bring it home as the storage facility was not ready for me. Towing tha thing make s the trip seem so long and slow.
When is the next trip out?
We are splashing our new 28" Enforcer for the first time this weekend.We will be on Havasu Friday/Saturday.
We are not looking forward to trailering a 28'
Brandin

jayd_jr
03-28-2005, 09:21 AM
When is the next trip out?
We are splashing our new 28" Enforcer for the first time this weekend.We will be on Havasu Friday/Saturday.
We are not looking forward to trailering a 28'
Brandin
We will be going back in late april. To much work to do before summer really hits. The tow will suck for sure. MAn I spent twice as mucjh on gas towing my boat home. So I cannot wait for that storage to be open. Who makes the enforcer???? Any pics???

Cole Trickle
03-28-2005, 09:26 AM
http://www.suckycs.com/oxidizr/other%20021.jpg
The Enforcer is made by SLEEK. It has been out for a couple years but has fallen off the radar until recently.

jayd_jr
03-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Now I remember seeing the pic. Nice looking boat so far. I bet you cant wait!!!! Where you storing it???

OGShocker
03-28-2005, 10:45 AM
J,
Boat looked good out there on the water! We'll see you soon!
OGS

Cole Trickle
03-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Now I remember seeing the pic. Nice looking boat so far. I bet you cant wait!!!! Where you storing it???
We can't wait the boat is supposed to be done.We leave Thursday night for the maiden run.
We will get a 40ft storage spot in Parker once we get a little deeper into the season.For the mean time we will keep it in my dads side yard so we can work on the stereo and lighting.(RV Access)
B

dicudmore
03-28-2005, 10:47 AM
We will be going back in late april. To much work to do before summer really hits. The tow will suck for sure. MAn I spent twice as mucjh on gas towing my boat home. So I cannot wait for that storage to be open. Who makes the enforcer???? Any pics???
either of you guys need a hand towing out there? my boat is stored out there so a 1-way tow wouldn't be hard to arrange.... D-max doesnt even know the boat's there :D

Cole Trickle
03-28-2005, 11:16 AM
either of you guys need a hand towing out there? my boat is stored out there so a 1-way tow wouldn't be hard to arrange.... D-max doesnt even know the boat's there :D
Quit bragging! :p
We should be OK I have a 03 CC/SB 1500hd with the 6.0L and My dad has a H2.
I appreciate the offer! You still heading out this weekend?
Brandin

dicudmore
03-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Quit bragging! :p
We should be OK I have a 03 CC/SB 1500hd with the 6.0L and My dad has a H2.
I appreciate the offer! You still heading out this weekend?
Brandin
yeah that will get ya there just fine, just drink a little fuel :cry: :rolleyes:
actually in the big head-winds the last 2 weeks I can't exactly brag about the MPG w/the Dmax. This new one seems a lot thirstier than my 02 was/is.
I hope to be out there this weekend.