PDA

View Full Version : London Bridge Timeshare for sale

Mandelon
02-22-2005, 09:02 AM
I ran across a timshare for sale at London Bridge Resort in Havasu.
Asking price is $9800. Its a floating week. Full Kitchen and sleeps 6.
www.londonbridgeresort.com
Any interest out there? Its a little rich for me, but would pay for itself over time. The annual fee is $341.

Captain Dan
02-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Any interest out there? Its a little rich for me, but would pay for itself over time. The annual fee is $341.
It doesn't appear to be on the market by you, Mandelon, otherwise I wouldn't say anything here - but for anyone interested in London Bridge Timeshares check out e-bay.
After all the bidding stops, the one bedrooms end up at about $1200 and the two bedrooms go for about $2000.
I just picked one up. :wink:

Mandelon
02-22-2005, 09:32 AM
It was on the local MLS. Not mine. I've looked at Ebay too. At the price you mention, it seems like a much better deal!!!

phebus
02-22-2005, 09:50 AM
It doesn't appear to be on the market by you, Mandelon, otherwise I wouldn't say anything here - but for anyone interested in London Bridge Timeshares check out e-bay.
After all the bidding stops, the one bedrooms end up at about $1200 and the two bedrooms go for about $2000.
I just picked one up. :wink:
Being new to this stuff, if the bidding stops at $2000, what does the final price end up being.
I know there are transfer fees, and escrow fees and such, and knowing the final cost would help me amortize the whole thing out to see if it was worth it.
Also, by having a timeshare there, does it give you the right to make reservations there at a reduced cost, or earlier in advance, or anything special?

shueman
02-22-2005, 09:57 AM
There were a bunch of listings in the White Sheet for $2,000-$3,500....no bidding needed...!!!

Captain Dan
02-22-2005, 09:58 AM
There is a resort transfer fee and closing costs, togheter they total about $500. They are all different, but are explained in the item description on e-bay.
I paid @1200 for mine, so it was about $1700 out the door with the other costs.
That gives me one full week, floating, (whatever is available by reservation). I can upgrade to a 2 bedroom for about $20 per night and I can get a discounted rate on renting rooms at times other than my week, (all subject to availability, of course).
Some of the ebay sales are for semi-annual, read the description carefully.
New ones come up all the time, so check often. There is one up there today, but it's for $2850 thus far, and they have a reserve that isn't met yet.
Hold off - you can get one cheaper.

Mandelon
02-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I was looking for one at the Nautical, so I could use their ramp....do they come up for sale much????

phebus
02-22-2005, 10:34 AM
There is a resort transfer fee and closing costs, togheter they total about $500. They are all different, but are explained in the item description on e-bay.
I paid @1200 for mine, so it was about $1700 out the door with the other costs.
That gives me one full week, floating, (whatever is available by reservation). I can upgrade to a 2 bedroom for about $20 per night and I can get a discounted rate on renting rooms at times other than my week, (all subject to availability, of course).
Some of the ebay sales are for semi-annual, read the description carefully.
New ones come up all the time, so check often. There is one up there today, but it's for $2850 thus far, and they have a reserve that isn't met yet.
Hold off - you can get one cheaper.
So, I saw on Mandy's thread that there is a $341. maintenance fee. Does that mean that after your purchase, all you pay is that annual amount, and you get a one week stay, with no additional costs? Also, is the week a pre-set annual date, or is it flexible so you can decide when you want to go?
Thanks, we are selling our house out there, but still plan on going out just as much, and I'm looking for rthe most economical practical way to do it.
Timeshare vs. just hotel reservations?

Captain Dan
02-22-2005, 10:52 AM
You'll pay the annual "maintenance" fee which includes property taxes once a year. That's why these people are letting them go - they don't want to shell out the cash because they bought them and are finding that they aren't using them.
In the case of my purchase, it's a"floating" week, weeks 1-52, as available. You just have to pick it out ahead of time and reserve it before anyone else does. I believe all the timeshares at London Bridge are floating, weeks 1-52.