PDA

View Full Version : WetWillies DCB F-29

Three Days Only
02-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Okay here it goes...................
Everyone on the boards that knows me, knows that I am pro true tunnel and anti training wheels on cats.
Well on Sunday Bill (Wetwillie), Charley (King Of The Cult), and I went out in Bills DCB. Thats right, you heard me correct a DCB, I actually put the Spectre in storage and went out in a DCB F-29 with a single Teague TCM1200 (detuned to around 1000HP) with a single SSM#6. I got to admit that after watching the boat run on Saturday I wanted to check it out, and was wondering how the boat ran with a single #6 drive.
I need to start this by admitting that I have never been impressed with any of the DCB's with the exception of No Pass. Most of the boats I see on the river have a extremely long plane time and seem to run extremely wet even while at high speeds. Bills boat comes on plane with zero effort and almost zero bow rise while rolling over in that transitional period. It also seems to run a lot dryer on the bottom meaning the boat takes a higher stance at speed and the water breaks much closer to the rear end of the boat in comparison to other f-29's I have seen running. I’m really not sure if its the #6 drive or just his set up on the boat. I was completely blown away by Bills boat. It ran extremely well at all speeds, without any porpoise unless the boat was really far out of trim. Even out of trim the porpoise was so minimal that compared to my boat I would be happy as a guy with 30 vagina's in the same bed (not that I would know what to do with all of them, but whatever).
We left from Crazy horse, picked up Charley and then ran down to the springs. Running on glass water is not exactly the best conditions for a cat, Bill got her up to 113 (Charley will say 112) at 6200 rpm and the boat was just solid as a rock!! We encountered some of the ski racer's on the way down and the boat ran flat through all the chop never even making me consider I was in a 29' cat. I was even more surprised when Bill said drive it!! You can all talk your shit............but I got in the driver seat got her on plane and ran her up to around 100, no porpoise, no hick-ups, just one hell of a solid feeling boat. This particular DCB F-29 was the first cat I have ever been in that no matter what speed you traveled she laid down perfect with no porpoise and never got out of shape.
I of course checked out the rigging, interior, flex in the bow (none), and fit and finish. Everything in my opinion was top notch except for the fact that the cabin is not a cabin in anyway. The cabin, in my opinion is storage and pretty much pointless. So for all you guys that say, I got a DCB for the cabin (whatever) you cant even fit under there unless your 10 years old or built like a tiny chick!! Every wire, fuel line, water line, and oil line was cushioned clamped and zip tied perfectly straight in a race rigged appearance. Motor placement was forward due to the Huber transmission which made getting to the rear of the motor extremely easy compared to the bravo installs I have seen in the same model boat. Gauges, Throttles, & Steering was all top notch (Gaffrig, Marine Machine, Etc.) as you would expect from a boat with a TCM1200 and a SSM#6 drive.
So my conclusion.............Bill's F-29 with the #6 is one hell of a package. You cant compare the F-29 to a large east coast cat in a sense that they are designed for different uses and drive and run completely different it just isn’t apples to apples. With all that said, a DCB F-29 with a Teague TCM1200 and a #6 drive is one hell of a boat with outstanding performance and for the last time, zero porpoise. Performance at 113 miles per hour with more speed available if the motors where actually cranked up to 1200hp, half the problems of a twin engine boat, and the reliability of a #6 drive. How could ask for anything more then that.
Happy boating Bill, you got a winner!! Even if it is for just one more season before you pull the 43' Tencara with Torque V-12's and two BPM surface drives.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3181200reasonssmall.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31815366_Drive-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/318Bill1Motor.jpg

Charley
02-22-2005, 03:03 PM
***boat needs to hire you dude....
not for write ups, you would be the ugly bitch that makes the bikini models feel sexy about themselves
JK jeffy son.... yer lil write up is dead nuts IMHO, and i'm very impressed that Jeffy isn't too brainwashed to admit when he sees a nice boat from either coast, cool hangin out with you sunday we hope you enjoyed the cooolaid muhahahahaha

Havasu Hangin'
02-22-2005, 03:03 PM
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun2/dcb_cheerleader.jpg

jackpunx
02-22-2005, 03:05 PM
great reprt!!..

hot_diggity_dog
02-22-2005, 03:07 PM
hope you enjoyed the cooolaid muhahahahaha
I knew it you spiked his drink! :eek: :2purples:
3DO Drank the Koolaide :hammer2:
HDD :cool:

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Bills boat is setup very nice indeed.

Reaper1
02-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Good write up Jeff! Nice boat Willie! Just make sure the chi wa wa doesn't fly out at a buck 12. :jawdrop:

Three Days Only
02-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Thats all you guys got!!! I was in a DCB all day on sunday and thats all the shit im going to get.
Are you fags getting soft or what??
Pussies!!

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Thats all you guys got!!! I was in a DCB all day on sunday and thats all the shit im going to get.
Pussies!!
I'll wait until my hood is done.

DrewDown
02-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Pussies!!
Don't be so hard on yourself.
There's nothing wrong with being in a DCB all day.
That was coolaid you poured the bottle of goose into, not cranberry.

Reaper1
02-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I think we're all in remission after seeing each other this weekend.
My buddy after meeting TDO for the first time - "Dude, does that Jeff guy have ADD?"
I think he learned more about Bravo drives in 10 minutes than he'll ever need to know in his lifetime. :supp:

Charley
02-22-2005, 03:57 PM
I'll wait until my hood is done.
does this meen you admit to having a clit?

Jordy
02-22-2005, 03:57 PM
That was coolaid you poured the bottle of goose into, not cranberry.
I guess that explains alot. :D

jackpunx
02-22-2005, 04:00 PM
LMAO..
Did you make it out? I didnt.. but I am going next weekend.. Maybe we can meet up this week if you got the prop.
thanks
Mark

phebus
02-22-2005, 04:04 PM
So, what if any is the downside of going with a single engine setup with the #6 drive.
It sounds like the single engine is less maintenance,
The #6 drive is reliable,
And the single engine weight issue vs. a dual engine application makes the boat perform better
Pass the kool aid, or Gay-toraide or whatever, it sounds like WW has the hot ticket.

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Yes.

BoatFloating
02-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Great Charley is using Jeff's log on now...... :crossx: Let the Kool Aid love fest begin..... :cool:

Charley
02-22-2005, 04:29 PM
LMAO..
Did you make it out? I didnt.. but I am going next weekend.. Maybe we can meet up this week if you got the prop.
thanks
Mark
OH I WAS OUT THERE ....WHERE WERE YOU KNOCKER???

andy01
02-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Okay here it goes...................
Everyone on the boards that knows me, knows that I am pro true tunnel and anti training wheels on cats.
Well on Sunday Bill (Wetwillie), Charley (King Of The Cult), and I went out in Bills DCB. Thats right, you heard me correct a DCB, I actually put the Spectre in storage and went out in a DCB F-29 with a single Teague TCM1200 (detuned to around 1000HP) with a single SSM#6. I got to admit that after watching the boat run on Saturday I wanted to check it out, and was wondering how the boat ran with a single #6 drive.
I need to start this by admitting that I have never been impressed with any of the DCB's with the exception of No Pass. Most of the boats I see on the river have a extremely long plane time and seem to run extremely wet even while at high speeds. Bills boat comes on plane with zero effort and almost zero bow rise while rolling over in that transitional period. It also seems to run a lot dryer on the bottom meaning the boat takes a higher stance at speed and the water breaks much closer to the rear end of the boat in comparison to other f-29's I have seen running. I’m really not sure if its the #6 drive or just his set up on the boat. I was completely blown away by Bills boat. It ran extremely well at all speeds, without any porpoise unless the boat was really far out of trim. Even out of trim the porpoise was so minimal that compared to my boat I would be happy as a guy with 30 vagina's in the same bed (not that I would know what to do with all of them, but whatever).
We left from Crazy horse, picked up Charley and then ran down to the springs. Running on glass water is not exactly the best conditions for a cat, Bill got her up to 113 (Charley will say 112) at 6200 rpm and the boat was just solid as a rock!! We encountered some of the ski racer's on the way down and the boat ran flat through all the chop never even making me consider I was in a 29' cat. I was even more surprised when Bill said drive it!! You can all talk your shit............but I got in the driver seat got her on plane and ran her up to around 100, no porpoise, no hick-ups, just one hell of a solid feeling boat. This particular DCB F-29 was the first cat I have ever been in that no matter what speed you traveled she laid down perfect with no porpoise and never got out of shape.
I of course checked out the rigging, interior, flex in the bow (none), and fit and finish. Everything in my opinion was top notch except for the fact that the cabin is not a cabin in anyway. The cabin, in my opinion is storage and pretty much pointless. So for all you guys that say, I got a DCB for the cabin (whatever) you cant even fit under there unless your 10 years old or built like a tiny chick!! Every wire, fuel line, water line, and oil line was cushioned clamped and zip tied perfectly straight in a race rigged appearance. Motor placement was forward due to the Huber transmission which made getting to the rear of the motor extremely easy compared to the bravo installs I have seen in the same model boat. Gauges, Throttles, & Steering was all top notch (Gaffrig, Marine Machine, Etc.) as you would expect from a boat with a TCM1200 and a SSM#6 drive.
So my conclusion.............Bill's F-29 with the #6 is one hell of a package. You cant compare the F-29 to a large east coast cat in a sense that they are designed for different uses and drive and run completely different it just isn’t apples to apples. With all that said, a DCB F-29 with a Teague TCM1200 and a #6 drive is one hell of a boat with outstanding performance and for the last time, zero porpoise. Performance at 113 miles per hour with more speed available if the motors where actually cranked up to 1200hp, half the problems of a twin engine boat, and the reliability of a #6 drive. How could ask for anything more then that.
Happy boating Bill, you got a winner!! Even if it is for just one more season before you pull the 43' Tencara with Torque V-12's and two BPM surface drives.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3181200reasonssmall.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31815366_Drive-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/318Bill1Motor.jpg
You make me SICK! Your a fag and you suck like your 36 with alpha drives on the back! East Coast this East Coast that! You said I should buy a Spectre so I did, now what? You going to call me tomorrow and say "forget it" sell sell sell, go buy a DCB? What happen? Did Charlie threaten you? Did some of the Cult members force you to drink Kool aid? "Oh WW your my heeeerrrrrooooo" j/k
WW's boat is one very nice ride and I am sure it is all and then some of what TDO says it is. I have never seen a F29 up close. Well there was that time in Parker....... but every time I would start to pass I was being passed again..........Some guy in a blue/white F29 with a drop out bolster on the driverside.
Andy

Charley
02-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Wouldn't it be great to get him to switch back??? hmmmm screw trying to convert Jeff, lets get andy!

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Some guy in a blue/white F29 with a drop out bolster on the driverside.
Andy
Stacked up phone books,lots uv them.

Charley
02-22-2005, 06:02 PM
of course i'm kidding yer spectre is badass andy!

andy01
02-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Wouldn't it be great to get him to switch back??? hmmmm screw trying to convert Jeff, lets get andy!
Hell that wouldn't be hard, I've already had one........... I know my next boat will be a 32'...... You never know whos showroom you might be standing in next time (or again) :) That won't be for a while, momma says I have to keep this boat for a while.
Andy

andy01
02-22-2005, 06:09 PM
No he was standing in the drop out laughing at the guy in the red flamed Mach26 pinned from dam to dam trying to get that inch on him.......... <--- that doesn't sound right.
Andy

Charley
02-22-2005, 07:58 PM
least I don't need to ratchet strap my self to the seat so i dont fly away beanpole :wink:

Bling Bling
02-22-2005, 08:06 PM
3DO said when Charlie was driving WW's boat he hung one leg over the arm rest to prop him up higher. I thought he was joking, but I guess not. Charlie you want to fill us in? :D

WetWillie
02-22-2005, 08:08 PM
DCB called and said the boat went up $20k in value after that... :wink:
Im still thinking a F29 with a #6 and CarsonB 1600 would get you in the 130 range. Wife would LOVE it and you would get more SEX. (She told me :rolleyes: ) Plus then you could drink all you want and she could drive you home.. Then after the new house is done you can get the 40ft flat deck and pull the motor and drive and get Carson to build you a matching 1600 and sell the boat or throw it away.. :cry:
Two weeks and Im ready to wreak you again!

WetWillie
02-22-2005, 08:10 PM
3DO said when Charlie was driving WW's boat he hung one leg over the arm rest to prop him up higher. I thought he was joking, but I guess not. Charlie you want to fill us in? :D
Jeff you dick this was a secret!! Ask Charles about that shot on saterday night :crossx:

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 08:16 PM
least I don't need to ratchet strap my self to the seat so i dont fly away beanpole :wink:
Velcro!

WetWillie
02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1977River_003.jpg
That is me in the front I look like Jack in the box..

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Charley must be sitting down,I only see 2 heads.

Charley
02-22-2005, 08:35 PM
DUDE... NO LIE .. I HAVE ALWAYS DONE THIS
btw we went to yer storage and dumbass Jeff told both me and WW yer fricking combo to yer lock :rolleyes: ......WW whips out his palm pilot and punches the shit in mumbling "this could come in handy later" ... well we were amazed when we opened the roll up door and 4 seagulls flew out of it, no idea how long they had been in there but the last person in your storage left the mooring cover unsnapped and those damned seaguls had made a nest in the drivers seat.... I went looking for a towel to clean this mess up and when I grabbed the door to yer berth the Fockin thing fell of it's hinges??? WTF is that all about??? no wonder 3Do's Kid calls it a NO-Tech ....... The good news is that 3Do did put the mooring cover back on before we closed the door, the bad news is no one wanted to get the nest of 5 seagull eggs outta yer front seat!.... so you may have some baby seagulls next time you go out.....oh wait we let the mama seagull out so those lil guys will peobably have been dead a few weeks by the time you go back out.... boy thats gonna smell :yuk: .... oh well hope yer enjoying dumont!!!

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Lmao...

WetWillie
02-22-2005, 08:40 PM
btw we went to yer storage and dumbass Jeff told both me and WW yer fricking combo to yer lock :rolleyes: ......WW whips out his palm pilot and punches the shit in mumbling "this could come in handy later"
I cant believe you noticed that!!! Bling your secret is safe with me but maybe not your gas!!! :wink:

Jrocket
02-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Bling you secret is safe with me but maybe not your gas!!! :wink:
Thats my gas,help yourself next time.

andy01
02-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Oh man. LMFAO
Andy

andy01
02-22-2005, 08:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1977River_003.jpg
That is me in the front I look like Jack in the box..
That is a sweet ass picture of your boat WW.
Andy

Bling Bling
02-22-2005, 09:08 PM
So it is true. I can't belive your boy let that one out of the bag. First it's DCB's suck now there bitchin, Charlie's my boy, then he wants to talk shit behind your back. What's up with that focker. Next thing ya know he'll be talking about vacume bagged boats suck, and west coast boats rule!!!! I wonder what percentage his meds are at. :D

Charley
02-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Everyone see Bling's Post count on this one??? 666 .... yep proof that the anti-Christ cleans pools ...... just teasin ya big man.... much love ALWAYS ;)

WetWillie
02-22-2005, 09:18 PM
3DO's Vacumm bagging theory went out the window when we asked him why his deck looked like a eggo waffle? Wavey gravy is not better!! If his bottom looks like his deck I think Spectre is going with the golf ball design!! :messedup:

Bling Bling
02-22-2005, 09:19 PM
btw we went to yer storage and dumbass Jeff told both me and WW yer fricking combo to yer lock :rolleyes: ......WW whips out his palm pilot and punches the shit in mumbling "this could come in handy later" ... well we were amazed when we opened the roll up door and 4 seagulls flew out of it, no idea how long they had been in there but the last person in your storage left the mooring cover unsnapped and those damned seaguls had made a nest in the drivers seat.... I went looking for a towel to clean this mess up and when I grabbed the door to yer berth the Fockin thing fell of it's hinges??? WTF is that all about??? no wonder 3Do's Kid calls it a NO-Tech ....... The good news is that 3Do did put the mooring cover back on before we closed the door, the bad news is no one wanted to get the nest of 5 seagull eggs outta yer front seat!.... so you may have some baby seagulls next time you go out.....oh wait we let the mama seagull out so those lil guys will peobably have been dead a few weeks by the time you go back out.... boy thats gonna smell :yuk: .... oh well hope yer enjoying dumont!!!
That's funny, but her's the kicker. One day Alf and I open the door up, and this huge thing comes flying out and layed a terd on the bow the size of one of mine. I still to this day have no idea what it was!!! WW, your boat looks and sounds like it's running great. I talk to Dave about a 29 deck boat,CB turbo motor, Weisman drive and 3 speed transmission, but nothing ever panned out. That would be a fun boat.

WetWillie
02-22-2005, 09:29 PM
WW, your boat looks and sounds like it's running great. I talk to Dave about a 29 deck boat,CB turbo motor, Weisman drive and 3 speed transmission, but nothing ever panned out. That would be a fun boat.
Talk to Jeff he was talking crazy and mentioned the Deck boat thing today!!
Tell him to call Dave now!

Three Days Only
02-22-2005, 11:29 PM
You people are all smoking crack! If I buy anything it's going to be a pontoon boat with a viking outdoor bbq and two refers for the goose. There's no CB powered DCB in this guy's future. Besides I don't trust guys in thongs! (Charley)

Three Days Only
02-22-2005, 11:31 PM
PS: Bling
Besides some dust on your bow, you're shit was looking pretty pimp!!!

TOBTEK
02-23-2005, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=WetWillie]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1977River_003.jpg
WW.....GREAT PICTURE! sounds like you all had a GREAT TIME! Kicking myself for not taking WW up on his offer :( SOMEDAY I'll geta life.....soon.

TOBTEK
02-23-2005, 08:37 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135cold_havasu.JPG
looked a little COLD on the bridge this last weekend.....Im waiting till summer :rollside:

Jrocket
02-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Tob,that picture is crazy..where is that?

TOBTEK
02-23-2005, 10:06 AM
POPS sent this to me...its over in Europe somewhere?????

Three Days Only
02-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Next thing ya know he'll be talking about vacume bagged boats suck, and west coast boats rule!!!! I wonder what percentage his meds are at. :D
Dont push it Mr. Bling..................
You might have a big bad ass boat, but your still dumb as a box of rocks!!

Havasu Hangin'
02-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Have you seen Bling's posts? Don't sell those boxes of rocks short...
:D

hot_diggity_dog
02-24-2005, 09:53 PM
. I talked to Dave about a 29 deck boat,CB turbo motor, Weisman drive and 3 speed transmission, but nothing ever panned out. That would be a fun boat.
Now that would be something I'd be interested in! :D :D
HDD :cool:

Bling Bling
02-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Bling dumb as a bag of rocks? Ahhhh... look at the back of your boat bravo boy!!!

Charley
02-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Bling dumb as a bag of rocks? Ahhhh... look at the back of your boat bravo boy!!!
LMAO
It just sounds like a bag of rocks :supp:

Three Days Only
02-25-2005, 09:54 AM
LMAO
It just sounds like a bag of rocks :supp:
Especially when the gears get all chewed up and you have the exxon valdez inside you bilge.

WetWillie
03-02-2005, 10:59 PM
My boat is avalible for the big Extreme photo shoot this weekend... :D

TOBTEK
11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
IF we are digging up OLD threads, hears 3DO after a shot of koolaid :p

Three Days Only
11-02-2006, 03:22 PM
IF we are digging up OLD threads, hears 3DO after a shot of koolaid :p
Shot of Kool-Aid, shit that was most likely the only weekend I was sober in Havi that whole summer. Bills boat was sweet. Very nice piece. Dave must have done something wrong on that one or something. LOL

Charley
11-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Shot of Kool-Aid, shit that was most likely the only weekend I was sober in Havi that whole summer. Bills boat was sweet. Very nice piece. Dave must have done something wrong on that one or something. LOL
why the f(_)ck do you comon a boating site? you don't boat... go visit the masterbating site

andy01
11-04-2006, 09:16 AM
The things that make ya laugh :rollside: