PDA

View Full Version : Need some Info

lite2race
02-22-2005, 03:30 PM
I have been looking at getting a new boat. I have talked to some of the guys selling there boats on here and would really like some of them. Have been looking at alot of boats around 25 feet and at $60,000 to $65,000 then my wife seen the Carrera 257 party x deck boat.Just a few more G's and its a deck. I like the boat and I dont mind getting a deck boat as long as my wife likes it. Is the carrera 257 deck a good boat or is there any bad things I should Know. Also is there any other decks in that size and price I should look at. Thanks for any help.

Music to my Ears
02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Phebus has one and loves it. Phebus?

phebus
02-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Love ours, suggest you check them out. You are free to contact me at any time for info, and a test ride and test drive is offered anytime we can hook up at Havasu. Boatfloating is also a good source for info.
Like any boat you would mention, there will be people from the boards that have all sorts of opinions, but I suggest you only listen to those that have personal experience with the boat and manufacturer, and avoid all the heresay.
If you would like, I could put you in contact with at lest 3 other people that have bought new Carrera 257 Party Effects within the last year, and let their buying experiences, and opinions help you with your decision.
In my opinion, you get a lot of boat for your money.

HOOTER SLED-
02-22-2005, 04:23 PM
If you're looking for something else in that price range, I think DILLIGAF still has his for sale. Not a deck. It's a 25' Shockwave Tremor Cuddy. Super nice boat. I believe only one season on it. Hurry up and snag it, that boy needs to go bigger. :D Great price too w/all the goodies. That stereo hits!!! DILLI??????

lite2race
02-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey phebus I would like to take you up on them contacts if you can. Do you have the 496mag or HO in yours.(if something else which of the 2 would you thing would be better) I think I would like the HO but really not buying the boat for speed. Thats just a bonus. I'm really looking for something small enough for the lower river a few times a year but still san do ok in havasu in the afternoons. PM if you can

BADBLOWN572
02-22-2005, 06:05 PM
I am extremely familiar with the 257 Party Effect. Heck, I have probably built 100 of them (ish). What type of info do you need? I can tell you that the bottom is the same on their 257 cat which is an extremely stable bottom at all speeds. The boats cruise very well and I have been over 100 in them and no problems. With the 496, you will probably run mid 60's and do very well out of the hole. Overall it is a very good boat and I have yet to find a customer who does not like the boat. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I will answer them.
Danny