PDA

View Full Version : Gear Down...3 Green....?

Jbb
02-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Uh......Nope... (http://media2.big-boys.com/onewheellanding.wmv)

HCS
02-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Not a bad landing. :jawdrop:

sigepmock
02-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Anybody that's ever flown anything will tell you that was one hell a great landing!!! My hats off to the pilot of that one.
Chris

Mardonzi
02-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Now that brings back an unpleasant memory... (ouch)

DaveA
02-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Any landing is a Good Landing if you can walk away.
The guy that said 2 outa 3 ain't bad ain't been in an early Cessna 310 with no green lite on the nosegear.
Um, tell us more about your unpleasant memory, Mardonzi. Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:
We're all friends here. You can share.... :D
DaveA

Infomaniac
02-23-2005, 06:13 PM
It's just a micro switch.
The bulb is blown.

JustMVG
02-23-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm surprised that they couldn't just use the "blow down" with the emergency bottle , but to see them try to "bounce" the gear down was neat, have only seen that one other time and that was a G-3 at VNY gear came down but didn't lock and still made it but barely, they pinned the gear and then towed it to the MX hanger we had.
Neat vid.

Raisin Wake
02-23-2005, 07:23 PM
That's a great pilot.

Mardonzi
02-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Had a Piper Arrow that had just come out of Annual. The brake line needed to be replaced, but the A&P didn't have the right one so he "McGuyvered" one to fit. Needless to say, it was a bit too long, and hung up the trunion. The end result was 2 in the green,,,, No bodily damage,,, just some scraped up belly strakes, a damaged flap, bent prop, and a tear down,,,, What a way to finish a Commercial check ride practice

Jbb
02-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Had a Piper Arrow that had just come out of Annual. The brake line needed to be replaced, but the A&P didn't have the right one so he "McGuyvered" one to fit. Needless to say, it was a bit too long, and hung up the trunion. The end result was 2 in the green,,,, No bodily damage,,, just some scraped up belly strakes, a damaged flap, bent prop, and a tear down,,,, What a way to finish a Commercial check ride practice
Yeah....Sudden Stoppage...can be costly.... :D

Sleek-Jet
02-24-2005, 06:00 AM
It's just a micro switch.
The bulb is blown.
LOL.
I had just finished putting a GPS in a King Air and was out doing the certification test flight. On the first, we had an autopilot problem, so we had to go back out. On that flight, one of the gear down lights burned out, we swapped a light around, confirmed the gear leg was down and locked, and finished the flight. I put a new bulb in while we tweaked the autopilot, then went back up, this time with a different pilot. Squirrel is all I have to say.
But guess what?? The bulb burned out again. :D This guy freaked, you would have thought that a wing was about to fall off. While he was starting hyperventilate at the thought of landing with one gear down, I calmly swaped an indicator light.... bing!!!! Three green. :D A rather normal, and need I say anticlimactic, landing ensued. Mr. squirrel had to go home for the rest of the day.
Last I heard of him, he was chief pilot for the 135 outfit that we were doing the work for (the peter principle in action).