PDA

View Full Version : Hewitt and Cline Extreme Team Up!

EXTREMEBOATS
02-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Announcing a team effort by Bobby Hewitt of Hewitt Custom Boats out of Arizona, and, Cline Extreme Watercraft out of Orlando, Florida. Cline Extreme Watercraft has the ORIGINAL Cole TR-2 molds and Bobby Hewitt did the rigging for Jim Cole in the day. They are working on other projects, including, a new design for capsules. Bobby is also working on a new poker boat, TR-7, and other boating break-thrus. In addition to the Extreme Cole TR-2 and TR-6, Extreme Deacer Hydros, and Extreme Wesco Runner Bottoms that Mike is putting out, Kristina, Mike's wife, is writing a series of articles on the history of drog boat racing for the Drag Boat Review. This team is here to supply boats not available anywhere else, provide tech support in any way possible, and develope safety solutions. Keeping the sport alive and promoting safety as well as helping out where they can is the goal here. Any feedback is welcomed.
Thank You! Bobby Hewitt, Mike Cline, and Kristina ;)

GofastRacer
02-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Best of luck on the new venture!.. :cool:

76biesmeyer
02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
I have a few things that I could tell you about Mike Cline and the way he builds his boats. I would think before I ever did any dealings with him.

uclahater
02-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I have a few things that I could tell you about Mike Cline and the way he builds his boats. I would think before I ever did any dealings with him.
Dude why dont you PM somebody if they look interested before you come out here with a statement like that :burningm: This isnt the first time you've done this :D

EXTREMEBOATS
02-23-2005, 08:07 PM
:argue: If there any questions reguarding 76's hydro you can speak to the current owner. The opinions 76 has expressed are his and his alone. As we all no opinions are like #*!holes everybody has one and once in while they stink!! If there was a problem you should have contacted us BEFORE you sold it! The current owner spoke to us a few weeks ago after having picked it up from you. He was thrilled with his purchase and raves about it. The boat in question can be viewed on our website on the front page! It is the black one at the top of the page. This was Mike's PERSONAL project, over 12 yrs. to complete. Do you really think anybody would skimp on their own toy? As for stories do we really want to talk about boats you have owned in the past? We have been hired to FIX the boat you sold before you bought the hydro from Mike. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. But if you feel you have been done wrong PLEASE! feel free to call. Oh yeah, did you really own it tax, tag, and TITLE? HMM? Still wanna play? This is coming from Mike and Kristina. Give us a call!! U AIN"T SKEERED R U?!! :cry:

76biesmeyer
02-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Dude why dont you PM somebody if they look interested before you come out here with a statement like that :burningm: This isnt the first time you've done this :DAre you looking to buy one of is boats. I will be very happy to tell you how he ****ed me on the deal.

EXTREMEBOATS
02-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Are you a man? Do you really wanna play this game? Let me know because I look forward to making you look worse than you already do. Grow up and pick up the phone. You do know how to work one right? I look forward to hearing from you! :mix:

76biesmeyer
02-23-2005, 08:56 PM
:argue: If there any questions reguarding 76's hydro you can speak to the current owner. The opinions 76 has expressed are his and his alone. As we all no opinions are like #*!holes everybody has one and once in while they stink!! If there was a problem you should have contacted us BEFORE you sold it! The current owner spoke to us a few weeks ago after having picked it up from you. He was thrilled with his purchase and raves about it. The boat in question can be viewed on our website on the front page! It is the black one at the top of the page. This was Mike's PERSONAL project, over 12 yrs. to complete. Do you really think anybody would skimp on their own toy? As for stories do we really want to talk about boats you have owned in the past? We have been hired to FIX the boat you sold before you bought the hydro from Mike. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. But if you feel you have been done wrong PLEASE! feel free to call. Oh yeah, did you really own it tax, tag, and TITLE? HMM? Still wanna play? This is coming from Mike and Kristina. Give us a call!! U AIN"T SKEERED R U?!! :cry:Well I guess the bill of sale was bullshit that you gave me!! Kristine after I got the hydro home I did call mike and he pulled the used car salesmans bullshit story !!! (to late as IS) It cost me $1800.00 To fix his **** ups. I am only doing what I told him I would do ! Mike Cline Sold me A hydro that was not right and did not stand behind his word.

EXTREMEBOATS
02-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Why am I not surprised. Mr. Cooper the number you gave is no longer in service. Can you call collect? Do you know how? I will be happy to help you with instructions if you need it. 407-925-6531 I'm waiting!!! Mike Cline
Cline Extreme Watercraft

EXTREMEBOATS
02-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Used car salesman?? Are you refering to a title issue? When Scmitt called , he told us you never even registered the boat. It was still in my name. Receipt?? I remember using a BS sales price in order to SAVE you money!! Maybe you remember what I charged you to repair nicks and reclear?? Oh, that's right ,NOTHING!! Do you remember what I charged you for the use of my trailer for over three months?? Oh yeah that was free too!! Did you ever get the bill for tracking you down to get the trailer back??? Oh, yeah ,again no money came my way!! Did you get the repair bill for the broken fender and busted bunker??? ( Do we see a pattern here?) Did you receive a bill for the two seats I put out to get the trailer towed back to me??? In the three months it took to find you the boat was great then. Why didn't you return the trailer yourself? Hmmm, I think I know why. You can hide out here but if ever you get the #alls to call I will be happy to hear what you have to say. Schmitt will be out here soon and it will be interesting to hear what he has to say, don't ya think? Still Wanna Play? Mike and Kristina Cline ;)

76biesmeyer
02-23-2005, 09:19 PM
I am not playing games!! Mike sold me a hydro that was not right. I did call him about making it right and he blew me off!! I told him that one day I will have my time!! Well now he is trying to sell boats.Its my time!!! I got a bad deal from Mike Cline and he did not make it good!! So for the people that would like to have Mike build them a boat think about it before you make the same mistake I did

Rexone
02-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Ladies & Gentlemen, this "tech" forum is for useful information at least remotely related to something to do with vdrives. If you have a disagreement post as such and let it go. If an argument insues that has no further useful value to this forum (as in post after post of bantering back and forth) the thread will be locked. PM's and phones work well in most situations. Arguing post after post here won't if it adds nothing to the value of the forum. Adding value means offering information that is useful or informative to the forum, not simply arguing and name calling.

EXTREMEBOATS
02-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Why don't you just spit it out? Give the details for everyone to see or shut up or pick up a phone or learn your phone number!! Or just answer the questions for everybody to see.

76biesmeyer
02-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Why am I not surprised. Mr. Cooper the number you gave is no longer in service. Can you call collect? Do you know how? I will be happy to help you with instructions if you need it. 407-925-6531 I'm waiting!!! Mike Cline
Cline Extreme WatercraftPLease call 919- 607-5955

BILLY.B
02-23-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't know anything about his boats but Mike sure seems to be able to deliever the goods in his avatar just fine :D . HONEY GRAB ME A BAG OF POPCORN this is getting good!!!! :lightsabe :boxingguy . I'm sure REXONE will be on this real soon so speed it up before you both get moved to bench racers.

EXTREMEBOATS
02-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Sorry for the BS. This attempt to solve this issue is not working. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We are done with this topic. Mike and Kristina

CXWone
02-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Hello,
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike Cline of Cline Extreme Watercraft. Extremeboats is my wife, Kristina. Until now WE have been posting under Extremeboats as a team. So there will be no confusion I will be responding under this name and not Extremeboats. I will be available to answer any tech, repair, or any other V-drive related questions. Kristina is available to answer business and historical questions. We hope this clears a few things up. We look forward to helping out in anyway we can. Thanks!
Mike Cline :hammerhea

69sanger
02-24-2005, 04:16 AM
Well,
All I Have To Say Is "slow Down Cowboy"!!!
Mike And I Have Been Friends For Several Years Now And I Have Personally Helped Him Build Several Boats.
Their Have Been Times When I Thought Things Had Come Out In Great Shape And Then All The Sudden He Says "nope, It's Not Good Enough".
He Will Destroy It If It Doesn't Meet His Standards.
As For The Boat In Refference, I Helped Him Build That One Too.
That Boat "is" The Baddest Of The Bad!!!
The Issue You Are Talking About Is A Cosmetic Issue And That Is Where It Stops. Like My Momma Always Said "if You Can't Say Something Nice Then Don't Say Anything At All".
Mike Is A Boat Builder And Not A Painter. He Does Do Some Good Paint Stuff, I've Seen Them.
Was It Your Intention To Keep His Trailer And Engine Plate Because You Thought The Paint Wasn't Good Enough?
Well, I Have To Go To Work Now, Yall Play Perty Now!!!!!

Kevin Boyntin
02-24-2005, 08:28 AM
LAST POST HAD GREAT IAMBIC PENTAMETER. NICELY WRITTEN IN POEM FORM. :hammerhea

uclahater
02-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Are you looking to buy one of is boats. I will be very happy to tell you how he ****ed me on the deal.
Dude you dont get it :2purples: Take your problems to the powers that be not a public forum. Instead leading us on just spit it out :hammerhea that way this guy can plead his case to :2purples: Your insinuating that hes not honest, and does shotty work. Either keep it to yourself. or post the whole story :hammerhea

haulina29
02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
What hater said post it or forget it . I thought Jim Lange and then Brett Parks did Coles installs back in the day and Bobby Hewitt had Aqua Dynamics back in the day , did Bobby work under Lange ? . Do you own the TR2 mold or are you renting it from Cole? Mitch

v-drive nut
02-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Let me introduce myself and congradulate Mike with his new venture. My name is Steve Schmitt and I am the new owner of the Hydro that has been hammered in this thread. My wife and I met Mike Cline three years ago when I visited his shop in Orlando searching for a hydro. I saw the hull I now own being rigged and was totally impressed with the quality of the glass and the rigging. I have looked around and I have to tell you this is one fine piece. I think it might be extra fine since Mike built it for his own use. As far as I am concerned, his glass work and paint, which seems to be in questiion here, is first class and I cannot find any fault with the boat. I am not going to get involved in mudslinging. I just want to set the record straight about what kind of work Mike turns out. Top drawer all the way baby!!

GofastRacer
02-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Welcome, got any pics??.. :cool:

Roman 1
02-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Question for the historian-
where did the first "official" dragboat race take place?
R1 :squiggle:

haulina29
02-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Hart Park ?

EXTREMEBOATS
02-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Okay everyone try to keep up!
1. Bobby Hewitt worked for Cole in the seventies and eighties, alongside Jim Lange. Lange did the hydros and Bobby did the flat bottoms. They still have great comradery between them, and in Bobby's opinion Lange is one of the better boat builders in the country today.
2. Aqua Dynamics was owned by Mark Tromonimo(sorry for the spelling!) who was a good fabricator and painter. He allowed Bobby to work out of his shop at times.
3. Brett Park was working at Cole during one of Bobby's furlows. He was good in the office and stayed out of Bobby's way in the shop. Bobby thinks he is selling resin products today.
4. As for the Cole molds, they were given to Bill Devaney in Tenn. on the agreement that if he layed them up like Cole did he could sell them as a Cole. That is why you used to get two phone numbers to call when ordering one. After Devaney's retirement Mike bought them. One of the goals at Bobby and Mike's first meeting was to authenticate the molds as being genuine and they are.
5. Now as for the historical question....
My resources tell me the answer is Parker Arizona in the late 50's. Hart Park, Paris and Marine Stadium all came in about the same time so I guess without a month, day, and year kinda date, it would be hard to be sure. I hope this info was helpful. It sure was fun. :D Kristina :mix:

dragoncraft
02-25-2005, 02:37 PM
I dont know who this 76 guy is but I do know Mike Cline. I met him 2 years ago at the Orlando Fl boat show at the convention center where he had many Hot Boats on disply every one as Hot as the next. It was then I new I was going to let him completly restore my 1970 Dragoncraft. The boat was in awful condition but I fell in love with the lines of the boat so it had to be restored. The bottom was completly blueprinted and redone, the core and stringers ripped out and replaced with a vacumed balsa core and fir stingers. Every piece of hardware and drive train brand new. This guy took a total pig and turned it into a work of art. What ever he said he was going to do, he did. It sounds to me if this guy 76 just a problem with Mike personaly; it is a real shame that one person would try to destroy anothers business for personal pleasure. I saw and road in the Hydro in question many times that is the hottest looking and one fast boat. I have spent aload of money with Mike every dime I spent was worth it and more. I am now looking forward to Mike building me a Wessco boat. Top notch guy, top quality products. Obviously my highest recommendations. Dragoncraft

EXTREMEBOATS
02-25-2005, 02:48 PM
:D :D Thanks Dragoncraft!!!! You ar the man!!! :D :

uclahater
02-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey 76 whats your story :idea: You've been givin permission to put it out there so do it or come on here and apologize for you lack of manners :mad:

superdave013
02-25-2005, 03:08 PM
I say Hart Park

superdave013
02-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I thought the boat looked pretty nice to me.
Mike, you laid this puppy up? Looks great in the pics!
click click (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55889)

EXTREMEBOATS
02-25-2005, 03:31 PM
If anyone wants to see pics of the boats that Mike has done we have a website. I haven't learned all the tricks to posting them out here yet. Can I put my site info out here without getting in trouble? If I can someone let me know. If not send a message and I will send the info back to ya. Thanks! :D

Rexone
02-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Can I put my site info out here without getting in trouble? If I can someone let me know.
Yes you can.

EXTREMEBOATS
02-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Thank you Rexone. the website is clineextreme.250free.com The black boat on the front page is the one in question but Mike built them both. If you wanna see some "pretty" pics of the boat they are on the last page of the gallery. Sign the guest book and lat us know what ya think. :rolleyes:

Hustler
02-25-2005, 04:47 PM
I saw that boat at the AVI last summer for the Classic Boat Beach Bash and thought it was amazing. I dont understand what the problem is or was with it.

Jake W2
02-25-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't knoe either one of these guys ,but for you guys saying you can not see what is messed up on the boat the 76 guys says HE PAIED SOMEONE ELSE 1800 TO FIX THE MISTAKES so that tells me you will not see them now.
Just an obseravation. :supp:
The boat does look very clean in the pics.

GofastRacer
02-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Thank you Rexone. the website is clineextreme.250free.com The black boat on the front page is the one in question but Mike built them both. If you wanna see some "pretty" pics of the boat they are on the last page of the gallery. Sign the guest book and lat us know what ya think. :rolleyes:
Here ya go!. :wink:
Clineextreme! (http://clineextreme.250free.com/)

bigheavyd2
02-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey Mike- this is a EXTREME case of the pot calling the kettle black....i received a call from the gentleman who 76's Besmyer. He told me he bought the boat from 76 and the first time he took it out, it took on water so bad and so fast...he couldn't make it back to the dock and the boat sunk. When he FINALLY got the boat out of the water, he realized the bottom of the boat delaaminated and rotten! He said he had called up 76 and asked him if he would fix the boat or atleast go in halves and 76 WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDERATE IT! Kindda funny since 76 and anyone else that knew that boat KNEW the bottom of the boat was rotten!! Just imagine if he would have taken that boat out and gotten killed? And he's "fussin" about some clearcoat on a used boat? Makes you wonder who the unethical person is!! Atleast Mike will stand behind his work. He's building me a BRAND NEW Cole TR-2 runner bottem this summer....funny you seem to be the only client of Mike's with a problem and your story holds about as much truth as that boat did water...it sunk! Keep on buildin' Mike!

EXTREMEBOATS
02-25-2005, 07:03 PM
:wink: Thanks HeavyD. ENOUGH said. and "That's what I'm talkin 'bout!" :wink:

EXTREMEBOATS
02-25-2005, 07:17 PM
:notam: Oh by the way.... I still have not received my purple ##**^!!! What is up with that??, Dude!!! Do I have to go see Judy for that? :D

INEEDAV
02-25-2005, 07:21 PM
photo gallery (http://clineextreme.250free.com/pic3.html)
Wow.

EXTREMEBOATS
02-25-2005, 07:22 PM
:) SWEET!! I LOVE YOU!! :cool:

CXWone
02-25-2005, 07:38 PM
:rollside: Ya know sometimes life is good.... Not to stir any more crap, Just to say thanks to you cool people. I never knew i had such a following. I live with a clear conscience, I have and will continue to do what I have worked my whole life to be a part of. V-DRIVE BOATS!!!!!!!! Thanks again for all your input and I truely look forward to meeting everyone of you... :smile: Mike

Bense468
02-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I think I like this page the best
http://clineextreme.250free.com/pic3.html

Cousin Bob
02-26-2005, 05:37 AM
I got half way down the page, and I didn't see 1 damn boat, what gives. I thought this was a boating forum :smile: :smile: :smile:
I dig the web page though, even though theres no boats :cool:

GofastRacer
02-26-2005, 08:01 AM
I noticed if you stare at the pics long enough, boats will appear!.. :D :D

haulina29
02-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Kristina thanx for your reply , one thing to keep in mind there are people on the forums here who have been around along time " boat wise " Its great to come on and post about a new venture and I wish you the best of luck. As far as who did or didnt do what back in the day,well just because some says they were it dosent mean they were all that . I would make a few calls and check out who did what before posting . I never worked for Cole but beleive me I was around in the day and I do know who did what first hand . I spent more time than I am willing to admit wacthing Lange build flats from scratch . From Marvin Savage to Sunny Jones with not much more than a disc sander, band saw and a drill motor . Mitch

Rexone
02-26-2005, 12:29 PM
The forum is a wealth of information Mitch. I learn stuff all the time here I just never realized I guess...
3. Brett Park was working at Cole during one of Bobby's furlows. He was good in the office and stayed out of Bobby's way in the shop
:hammerhea

Cousin Bob
02-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I noticed if you stare at the pics long enough, boats will appear!.. :D :D
Art, I tried it again, and I think I saw something red under the black bikini, but don't know if it was a boat or not :D :D :D

GofastRacer
02-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Art, I tried it again, and I think I saw something red under the black bikini, but don't know if it was a boat or not :D :D :D
Hey Bob, I forgot to tell ya it takes one hell of a lot of concentration to bring the boats out, could even be damaging to the eyes!.. :D :D :D

Cousin Bob
02-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Hey Bob, I forgot to tell ya it takes one hell of a lot of concentration to bring the boats out, could even be damaging to the eyes!.. :D :D :D
I just don't see that happening Art :D :D

GofastRacer
02-28-2005, 08:07 PM
I just don't see that happening Art :D :D
LMAO!.. :D :D

EXTREMEBOATS
03-01-2005, 09:22 AM
:D Okay Cuz, Look real close and then look away. If you are real lucky the boats will come out!! :D Kristina

superdave013
03-01-2005, 09:59 AM
:D Okay Cuz, Look real close and then look away. If you are real lucky the boats will come out!! :D Kristina
Kristina, Is that you on the right?
http://clineextreme.250free.com/Dancers1.JPG
Or maybe the girl on the top could be you?
http://clineextreme.250free.com/Dancers2.JPG

EXTREMEBOATS
03-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Super,
I'll be either one!! But if want one of them you're gonna need a $20 bill to get started. I have a VIP card just waitin' for ya!! Thoses two are our friends and they'll be very nice to ya. I am the one in the avitar.(Mike is the one behind the woman!)I am the woman!! :rollside:

superdave013
03-01-2005, 11:01 AM
I will take you up on that offer for sure.
I guess I'll need an extra fist full "O" 20's then. ;)

Cousin Bob
03-01-2005, 11:37 AM
O.K. I tried it again, I think I saw what looks to be a purle X or something, and maybe a set of zoomies. All I know is I have a damn headache now :D :D
Thanks for trying to help me through my situation Kristina :D :D

EXTREMEBOATS
03-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Cuz....zoomies, boobies it's all GOOD, right?!! :D
Kristina

finaleffort
03-02-2005, 06:58 AM
sanger69 where in southern ohio are you located i am in the cincinnati area

old rigger
03-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Okay everyone try to keep up!
3. Brett Park was working at Cole during one of Bobby's furlows. He was good in the office and stayed out of Bobby's way in the shop. Bobby thinks he is selling resin products today.
I hate it when someone throws something up there for everyone to read, post's it as being fact with the intent to, what, build up anothers value?
Brett was at Coles for years and was a fine rigger/machinest/v-drive guy. He went on to go in partners with Willen and bought out Howard Brown, stayed there under unbelievable conditions (I was there too) and came to the point where he had to get out of that situtation. He is selling resin and glass today.
To say he was good in the office and leave it at that is bullshit.

old rigger
03-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Oh yeah, Kristina is right. Hart park in B-field was the birthplace of drag boat racing. :cool:

superdave013
03-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Oh yeah, Kristina is right. Hart park in B-field was the birthplace of drag boat racing. :cool:
nope, she picked Parker, AZ from what I read. We all know that it was Hart Park and Lake Ming is the HOME OF DRAG BOAT RACING (hey, that's what the sign says). ;)

superdave013
03-02-2005, 10:24 AM
I hate it when someone throws something up there for everyone to read, post's it as being fact with the intent to, what, build up anothers value?
Brett was at Coles for years and was a fine rigger/machinest/v-drive guy. He went on to go in partners with Willen and bought out Howard Brown, stayed there under unbelievable conditions (I was there too) and came to the point where he had to get out of that situtation. He is selling resin and glass today.
What the hell Rich? You act like you built a few boats also back then! :D
You know I'm just funnin with ya. Now keep your pals Hacksaw & FlatBling in line will ya. lol

Rexone
03-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Bullshit on ***boat, you've got to be kidding... :jawdrop:

old rigger
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
nope, she picked Parker, AZ from what I read. We all know that it was Hart Park and Lake Ming is the HOME OF DRAG BOAT RACING (hey, that's what the sign says). ;)
opps,
I mis-read her post. You're right again (as always) superdave!
And we all know that marine stadium, built in the 30's for the olympics, started to host races there in the 40's, maybe even as early as the late 30s, but they were circle races. As well as Lake Los Angeles in the 50s which is now Marina Del Ray.

haulina29
03-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Oldrigger I agree Brett was awsome and Lange started at the bottom sweeping floors as a kid at Hondo and is one of the best in the business . When Lange was at Cole he did it all . As far as the first boat race as I posted before im sure its Hart park . :supp:

EXTREMEBOATS
03-02-2005, 06:46 PM
;) WHOA!! I feel the NEED to clear a few things up...
First of all there was ABSOLUTELY NO ILL INTENT!! in reference to my previous post. I personally don't know the people in question and was paraphrasing a telephone conversation I had with Bobby Hewitt. There was no disrespect or inuendo intended. If there has been any misunderstanding I apologize. I thought I was responding to a time line type question, not a who's - who of Cole or other boat builders. I was not trying to steal any credit or imply any negative ideas about anyone else's products. I am learning the history of the sport and I am always looking for a good story, but I hate soap opera drama. We have come here in an effort to offer support with technical information and supply any other help we may have available. I hope this clears up the misunderstanding that has most definitely occured. Thank-you. Kristina :D

haulina29
03-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Im sure you only had only good intentions . Got any pictures of a new TR2 you sure have the best photo layouts of any mfg lol

EXTREMEBOATS
03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
If you go to the picture gallery page 2 at clineextreme.250free.com you will see a black TR2. It is the third pic on the left side of the page. On page 1 you can see an orange Wesco runner bottom. The black TR-2 is for sale and we are building a TR-6 right now. :)http://clineextreme.250free.com/gc.jpg

haulina29
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Post the TR - 6 when its done better yet while under const.

EXTREMEBOATS
03-02-2005, 08:05 PM
:confused: As soon as I figure the picture posting thing out I will. I am taking pics at each stage. :idea:

CXWone
03-02-2005, 08:35 PM
We will definitely get some pics of the TR-6 build up asap. We're also working on a digital time lapse video to be shown on our web site. COOL HUH??? This is Dan South's new boat and it will be running in Augusta this year.So keep your eyes open!!! :jawdrop: :D Mike

superdave013
03-03-2005, 02:26 AM
:confused: As soon as I figure the picture posting thing out I will. I am taking pics at each stage. :idea:
Host them at www.hotboatpics.com
That is 502Prochargers site and he is nice enough to let us hot link them where ever we want for the most part. So post them up there and we'll teach ya how to get them to pop up in these threads and at Don's place.

haulina29
03-03-2005, 07:06 AM
I have gone to other sites and checked what Kristina has going on she is really into this stuff . She is working with people , compiling names , places dates etc on the history of drag boat racing she also knows about every possible drag boat or related site there is lol, I am looking forward to seeing the pictures looks like SD is willing to give you a hand on posting them . By the way how did you get the other pictures posted ?

v-drive nut
03-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I am located if Franklin Ohio. Aren't you in Fairfield? I remember something about a trucking Co.on Homeward Drive? Was it Padget Trucking? I just purchased one of Mike Cline's Extreme Deavers. If it ever warms up around here, I need to get it wet. If my memory serves me correctly you were involved with Top Fuel Boats weren't you? Let me know what you are up to and maybe we can tip a few.

EXTREMEBOATS
03-03-2005, 05:45 PM
As far as gettin the pics posted, I'm workin' on it. My son has been helping me..(MY SON!). It is very unsettling to ask a 15 year old to help you with business stuff. :idea: V-Drive, don't ya know you got a Cline Extreme Deaver Hydro....... IT DONT MATTER HOW COLD IT GETS YOU WILL BE HOT AND SO WILL YOUR HONEY!!!! WET IS WET!!! (Just watch out for ice!). Guess what I got from Mike as a wedding present...... Devil's Advocate and his HEMI!!!
We hope to have it at Augusta for display if we have the time. Please accept my personal invitation to haul your cold a## south and let me spank your a## :D ! It's all good cuz they are both EXTREME HYDROS!!!! Love Ya, Mean It!! Kristina :D

ColeTR1
03-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Announcing a team effort by Bobby Hewitt of Hewitt Custom Boats out of Arizona, and, Cline Extreme Watercraft out of Orlando, Florida. Cline Extreme Watercraft has the ORIGINAL Cole TR-2 molds
Pete Giroux of Giroux Custom Boats, wanted me to post this in hopes of clearing up some of the mistery as to where the Cole Runner Bottom (TR2) and Cole Hydro molds are. Pete Giroux (Giroux Custom Boats, Imperial, Ca. (760) 337-2681 shop, or (818) 203-8695 cell) has possession of and is manufacturing boats from the Cole TR2 Runner Bottom mold (the REAL ONE)
Link to BOAT ANCHOR QUOTE (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67350)
I’m a little confused :confused: will the real TR2 mold please stand-up? Or are these the same?

EXTREMEBOATS
03-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Cline Extreme Watercraft has the TR-2-1 mold and the other guys have the TR-2-2 mold. The difference is the TR-2-1, the original is just that original. The TR-2-2 was made of a blueprinted bottom out of our TR-2-1 mold. That is all there is to it. We have what we have and they have what they have. Both are what they say they are. ;)

ColeTR1
03-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Cline Extreme Watercraft has the TR-2-1 mold and the other guys have the TR-2-2 mold. The difference is the TR-2-1, the original is just that original. The TR-2-2 was made of a blueprinted bottom out of our TR-2-1 mold. That is all there is to it. We have what we have and they have what they have. Both are what they say they are. ;)
Thanks EXTREMEBOATS :D

EXTREMEBOATS
03-04-2005, 05:10 PM
That is what we're here for, to answer any questions that might be helpful. I hope that clears things up. :D Kristina :cool:

EXTREMEBOATS
03-07-2005, 05:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bobby Hewitt would like to say thank you to Tom and Dave Label of Automarine Eng. in Glendora CA. They have always treated me like family. They have known me for more than thirty years and anytime I needed anything, whether I had the money or not, they were always in support of my projects. Tom and Dave were a major factor and contributer to the new TR-7 race boat. They ponied up a lot of money and time. I just wanted to express my graditude for the many years of support and for always being in my corner. Tom also had purchased one of my TR-5's and feels it's one of the best boats in the country. Many times he has had offers to sell it, and won't sell it because there is only three in the world. Jack Browne had the first one that Ronnie Anderson drove, the boat won every race it was ever in, never losing a round in four years of competition. Then Tom received his and did a gorgeous installation, one of the best I've ever seen. Willie Lawerance bought the third one.
So, I just wanted to give recognition to Tom and Dave Label for their high class interity and support. They also have a full dyno room facility, rigging and installation shop, a fully stocked part room/show room and six autobay's in full operation. I'm sure they would love to talk to you at any time so give them a call for any of your high preformance parts and service. Their phone number is 626-335-1315. Their address is 214 West Foothill Blvd. Glendora CA. My sincere thanks Tom and Dave. Bobby Hewitt

PE 316
03-08-2005, 06:02 PM
I have one of Willie Lawrence's old race boats.
It is Cole TR-6. (A 4-top with a 2-bottom)
It is the one in the "avatar" to the left.
It is one SWEET running/handling flat.
Mike Barnes

EXTREMEBOATS
03-08-2005, 06:21 PM
:) That is a pretty Cole! We are currently building a TR-6 for Dan South to race this season. He will be racing in Augusta in July. Look for the pretty white Cole. Maybe we will see ya there!! :) Kristina

v-drive nut
03-11-2005, 04:26 AM
Hey Kristina, Mike needs to think about getting some bass boat molds! Caught my wife trying to mount one of the two bucket seats you sent me on a pedistal between the pickel forks of the hydro. She also had a hole saw ready to cut cup holders in the deck for all the cuzies you sent me. Whats next? Rod holders? Just kidding! Thanks for the quick service. The seats look great. I will try to get them mounted this weekend. Have a good one, Steve

EXTREMEBOATS
03-11-2005, 03:14 PM
V-Drive,
It sounds to me like your wife should get her own boat. Then the two of you could "decorate" your boats the way you like. You know a "His" and a "hers" style. Let me know when to begin building it! Cuz I know that you being the "good" hubby you are, you will want her to have it by summer, RIGHT?!! :D Kristina :D

finaleffort
03-24-2005, 07:30 AM
yes i am in the fairfield area, my dad did own a trucking company in fairfield sold it and retired, yes we did have acouple top fuel hydros in the 80's the boat that stayed on the east coast was called FINAL EFFORT and the boat we kept on the west coast was called THE NITRO BANDIT which we bought from brad tuttle in 1983 and he drove both boats for us it was easier and cheaper to have 2 boats so we didnt have to tow to and from so much. then brad wanted a funny car so dad help him with a funny car and we put a capsule in FINAL EFFORT and sold NITRO BANDIT, and then tom black drove the boat for us up until 1993 and now it just sits in the garage

Jetboatguru
03-24-2005, 07:49 AM
yes i am in the fairfield area, my dad did own a trucking company in fairfield sold it and retired, yes we did have acouple top fuel hydros in the 80's the boat that stayed on the east coast was called FINAL EFFORT and the boat we kept on the west coast was called THE NITRO BANDIT which we bought from brad tuttle in 1983 and he drove both boats for us it was easier and cheaper to have 2 boats so we didnt have to tow to and from so much. then brad wanted a funny car so dad help him with a funny car and we put a capsule in FINAL EFFORT and sold NITRO BANDIT, and then tom black drove the boat for us up until 1993 and now it just sits in the garage
I am out of breath from reading that last post. It's called punctuation, it really is your friend..

EXTREMEBOATS
04-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old rigger
Oh yeah, Kristina is right. Hart park in B-field was the birthplace of drag boat racing.
nope, she picked Parker, AZ from what I read. We all know that it was Hart Park and Lake Ming is the HOME OF DRAG BOAT RACING (hey, that's what the sign says).
Here's what I found out... The first drag race for boats was held November 26, 1956 at Hart Memorial Park near Bakersfield, California. It cost $1.50 for the entry fee! This was the first "official" race. However, in the previous years, members of the "clubs" got together in the winter months to figure out how to overcome many obstacles, including timing, starting, and financing. These enthusiasts "raced" unofficially for years before Hart Park. Now I got my info from Frank Dade, Bobby Hewitt, Sr. , Dick Bossi(Shadow), just to name a few. It was Squidd Naylor, Buck Smith, and Howard Klassen who organized the first official race. If I have got any incorrect info let me know. Thanks! Next question, please! :cool: Kristina