PDA

View Full Version : Safe to let the dogs out

Sangerboy
02-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Well I guess I can safely walk around the ranch again. They killed the tiger this morning about a mile from my office. It was about 200 to 300 yards from an elementary school. I was hoping they could take it alive but it wasn't to be :frown:

wsuwrhr
02-23-2005, 08:18 PM
I hear about that on the radio today.
They said it was so big it didn't look real.
Brian

bilgewiper
02-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Wow, that even made national network news tonight. Saw them lifting it out with the net. Sad it had to die though.

riverbrat
02-23-2005, 08:51 PM
recognize this <-----

Rexone
02-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Anyone know why they couldn't / didn't tranquilize it and take it alive?

wsuwrhr
02-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Anyone know why they couldn't / didn't tranquilize it and take it alive?
I heard on the radio that the tranqs can take a half hour or more to take effect. The found it 200 feet from homes, and the concerns about it the space they had to work with.
Brian

Sangerboy
02-24-2005, 05:16 AM
I heard on the radio that the tranqs can take a half hour or more to take effect. The found it 200 feet from homes, and the concerns about it the space they had to work with.
Brian
I heard that they were able to dart it but the animal became very agitated and due to the proximity of homes and an occupied elementary school they put it down. I'm anxious to read todays paper and get more details. Yesterday it was reported that a comparable footprint was discovered about 8 miles from the capture site. That thing was really ranging and covering some ground. :eek:

superdave013
02-24-2005, 06:10 AM
I'm sorry to see that they had to kill it too. I think the focker that let it loose should be darted and then shot. I like it, "it's not one of mine" line he gave. Focker has permits for 6 tigers but only 5 tigers on his property. :hammer2:
Seeing as a mountion lion attacked a girl and ATE a guy last summer on one of my fav. trails I'm glad they got it. I could imagin riping down some trail and comming across a 600 pound tiger.
Hey Rexon, maybe you can photo shop a tiger getting ready to eat me like you did that lion. lol
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1503anderson_dh-med.jpg

wsuwrhr
02-24-2005, 07:14 AM
I could imagin riping down some trail and comming across a 600 pound tiger.
I don't think you imagine it very long SD.
To a 600lb tiger we would look like a nice hot meal.
Brian

superdave013
02-24-2005, 07:37 AM
I don't think you imagine it very long SD.
To a 600lb tiger we would look like a nice hot meal.
Brian
lol, i hear ya. I crack up at the guys who started riding with a kinfe in their pack after the dude got eaten by that lion.
"Hold up there for a sec. Mr. lion. I need to take my back pack off and fish this lil pocket knife out so I can defend myself." :rolleyes:

wsuwrhr
02-24-2005, 08:07 AM
lol, i hear ya. I crack up at the guys who started riding with a kinfe in their pack after the dude got eaten by that lion.
"Hold up there for a sec. Mr. lion. I need to take my back pack off and fish this lil pocket knife out so I can defend myself." :rolleyes:
yea that will work.
Until the claws come out, attached to a three foot leg.
Goodbye hand holding a little knife. :) :)
Brian

bilgewiper
02-24-2005, 08:32 AM
recognize this <-----
Wow! Of coarse I do! You own my old 92' Keaton. That was a fun boat. I hope it is still treating you well. Every time I see a Keaton on the river here in Sacramento (which is semi-regular since they were/are built here) I look to see if it's one of the 3 that I have owned in the past. No luck yet!