PDA

View Full Version : pics of wasting away boat @ Baker Ranch

ryantparks
02-23-2005, 08:21 PM
So here are some of the pics from that boat I was saying was such a shame to see being wasted away. Its a 1998 but am I right in saying that its a Commander?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/605boat_001.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/605boat_004.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/605boat_002.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/605boat_003.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/605boat_004.jpg[/IMG]

JetBoatRich
02-23-2005, 08:26 PM
was the engine uncovered as well :rolleyes: or did someone else do it :eek:
I find it amazing to spend the money on toys and let them rot :hammerhea

cc322
02-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Looks like a warlock by the lx someone should check on that baby :eek:

switchin'addiction
02-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Some people just don't give a s hit.

77charger
02-23-2005, 08:30 PM
owner probably thinks his cover is too good.or it was on tight so it wouldnt puddle water. :hammerhea

Mrs.Racer277
That is such a waste. :hammerhea :(

ryantparks
The engine was covered, I pulled it up just to snap a pic and see how it looked. The boat is always in the same configuration as you see in the wide angle.

SHOTKALLIN
02-23-2005, 08:32 PM
thats what happens when daddy buys you everything you want and you dont have to work for shiit. :hammerhea

ahhell
02-23-2005, 08:34 PM
deffinatley has the trademark "Commander" checkers...yeah so does mine...just haul it away and use it for the summer, park it back in the same place, prolly wont even know it was gone....except for being in better shape :hammerhea

bchbum
02-23-2005, 08:35 PM
And in only 8 short years he will own it all by himself , :hammerhea

JetBoatRich
02-23-2005, 08:37 PM
thats what happens when daddy buys you everything you want and you dont have to work for shiit. :hammerhea
It is easier when it is given to you :hammer2:
Then there is always "OUT OF SITE :hammer2: OUT OF MIND" :eek:

Sweet Addiction
02-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Man thats pretty crappy. I know If I had that boat or anyone else here it would be in prestine condition. Really sucks. :(

Flying Tiger
02-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Jeezzeeezee,, that boat deserves a rescue.
I predict a low hour,, busted family kinda situation.
I can't bear to see the pix again,,, such a teriffic ride,,,,
damnnn,,,, what a shame.

Flying Tiger
02-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Jeezzeeezee,, that boat deserves a rescue.
I predict a low hour,, busted family kinda situation.
I can't bear to see the pix again,,, such a teriffic ride,,,,
damnnn,,,, what a shame.
The prop is not raggety, and the anodizing is still intact,,, could be a low hour golden nugget,,

Slick
02-23-2005, 08:55 PM
It's probably going to need a new floor before too long if it doesn't already.

Mandelon
02-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Can you track down the owner from the lot management or from the hull numbers?

Forkin' Crazy
02-23-2005, 09:09 PM
How much does one of those cost? With a SBC in it, it's not top of the line or anything.... how much?
Hell my bare hull cost less then 10K. It is kept locked up in a steel shop!
But I guess it's not a "dollar and cents thing", it's a "give a damn, pride, common sense thing"!!!!

Quality Time
02-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Got a few of those just down the hill at Irvine RV. Very sad.
Ryan, watch your props! my buddy at work lost two sets (duo-props) and one of the Lake Forest LEO's had his stolen out of Baker. The LEO thinks they caught the guy, but better safe than sorry.

PowellScooter
02-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Step up to the pump, track down the owner and buy(rescue) that boat, hell buy it and clean it up and sell it for some $$

Artv
02-24-2005, 06:48 AM
The above pics remind me of the way my boat looked before i bought it off my brother.

bilgewiper
02-24-2005, 06:55 AM
I got a great deal like that once. Bought a 7 year old boat that the previous owner forgot about when he went to prison for 5 years. Alot of gel coat buffing and a new interior and I ended up with a very low hour boat. Luckily in my case the mechanicals were still good because he winterized it before going to the pokey.

BarryMac
02-24-2005, 06:56 AM
That's really sad. Probably wouldn't take much to bring it back to a boat worth 25K, some peoples kids...

Sleek-Jet
02-24-2005, 06:57 AM
I say we take the guy out back and kick the shit out of him.... :idea:
Sleek "My boat lives outside" Jet.

ryantparks
02-24-2005, 08:13 AM
I dont leave my boat here just my toybox. I keep the boat in Bullhead also in its own garage.
Its just a shame that someone would have no respect for their property.
If someone wants to inquire about this boat have at it because Im not interested. I think the older man that works there is in on Mon- Wed. and I can give you the row and space #.
Also if someone has some hook-ups with the Az. DMV I can give you the Az. plate # and Az. #'s from the side of the boat if it has them.

Lightning
02-24-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm surprised that most everyone thinks he just some POS who does not care about his ride. Maybe he's a newbie boater who thought the cover would keep all the water out. Maybe he's in the military and out of the country. Maybe he got divorced and his wife took the boat :D .....or maybe that's his second boat that he does not care about because he has a 40' Skater taking up his storage space......or he could just be some trust fund baby who does not know the value.

mbrown2
02-24-2005, 10:10 AM
I bought a new boat when I was 20.....worked my ass off for it...probably spent a little more than I could afford at the time, but my girlfriend at the time (wife now) and buds had a blast in it...
However, we then bought a house, wife lost her job due to a boss with bad spending habits, and then I scaled back my extra fun activities and my boat had to sit in my dad's construction yard being unused as a that offseason cause things were tight and I could not afford indoor storage......and yes, once in a while the top would come off due to winds and such, and I did not feel great about it, but it was not my biggest priority...I ended up selling to a friend who got some use out of it. My parents had boats so I was able to get back and enjoy boating after a tough 6-8 months.
Maybe the guy has other things he is juggling right now...and family is more important then a boat.
I still miss the boat...this was a pic before the 200 Black Max was added...Still one of the prettiest tequila sunrise fades IMO...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/17hitech3.jpg

Ziggy
02-24-2005, 10:36 AM
The last two posts were great---sometimes people do have other priorities in life. Sure its a shame to see a nice boat in this condition but it ain't the end of the world...it can be cleaned up with a little elbow grease, as most have pointed out.
I don't think its a Commander LX.....they don't have the big bottom step like that one appears to have.

ryantparks
02-24-2005, 10:45 AM
You guys are right that sometimes people have different priorities in life but I work hard for my toys also and keep it up just like when I bought it. If this guy doesnt have the time to use it then sell it and let someone else enjoy it that will keep it up instead of wasting away in a storage yard.
I have covered this boat up numerous times in the past but now its just not worth my effort because the owner obviously doesnt care!
My hole point here is just that its a shame to see a nice boat be destroyed.
Maybe he is in the military and that would be a different story but even then atleast some buddies or family would see that it is taken care of.

ITS ALL GOOD
02-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Where is Baker Ranch?

gnarley
02-24-2005, 10:59 AM
We see the result but not the cause. Sometimes we get priorities that might overrun our passions, hobbies and even lifestyle.
I'd bet there is a good reason it's there like that, one I would feel might just over rule the boats needs. It could be something like the owner or a family member has a bad illness or cancer or could be over in Iraq for a while and no one has time to think about checking on the boat or even a victim of a mudslide. If anything tragic happened close to your family your boat or home may not matter anymore.