PDA

View Full Version : Moses Lake, June 24-26

1978 Rogers
02-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Who all is interested in Moses Lake, June 24-26? VernS & I were planning this weekend at Crescent Bar on the Columbia, but the condo didn't work out. We might haul the boats to Vantage or Crescent Bar for one of the days and hang out at the Sand Bar below the Gorge or just stay at Moses Lake, whatever the concences is. Any other people interested everyone is welcome. Vern said he'll cook for us and supply the beer. :D
Chris

77468sleekcraft
02-24-2005, 04:54 PM
I MIGHT GO BUT CANT SAY FOR SURE YET...... :D

jrork
02-24-2005, 05:34 PM
We would really like to go and are keeping our fingers crossed that the boat will be running and we can get reservations.
If we can pull it off we are going to try to stay at a private campground there at Crescent Bar that we have membership to. If so, count us in though we're gonna probably miss out on the free beer and food that Vern is providing. Damn it........
Here's some photos of the "project". Keep your fingers crossed. We're gettin there.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=66006&password=&sort=1&thecat=500
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=66007&size=big&password=&sort=1&thecat=500

berk
02-24-2005, 05:57 PM
We would really like to go and are keeping our fingers crossed that the boat will be running and we can get reservations.
If we can pull it off we are going to try to stay at a private campground there at Crescent Bar that we have membership to. If so, count us in though we're gonna probably miss out on the free beer and food that Vern is providing. Damn it........
Here's some photos of the "project". Keep your fingers crossed. We're gettin there.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=66006&password=&sort=1&thecat=500
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=66007&size=big&password=&sort=1&thecat=500
looks like its dialed from here! count me in if its columbia river. i cant trailer but can get there by boat!

malcolm
02-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I could handle a Moses run. I might still be Olds powered, but what the hell!
Hey Vern, will I need some mufflers for my headers?

jrork
02-25-2005, 06:37 AM
looks like its dialed from here! count me in if its columbia river. i cant trailer but can get there by boat!
I appreciate the thought but it's got a ways to go. All little things but they still take $$$$
I'll probably have to mortgage the house just to finish up with the braided lines.

Vern S
02-25-2005, 07:18 AM
I don't think you will have a problem Malcolm, I think I have another set of baffles somewhere.

malcolm
02-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Sounds good Vern. It is ear plug loud with these things, but it's so much fun I hate to go back to logs! :D

1978 Rogers
03-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Anyone else interested?

Tahiti350
03-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Maybe, not positive though. Dragging the boat and the portable house with these fuel prices is getting tough. Might just get a motel room for the weekend. Are there any nearby that have moorage??

malcolm
03-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I just saw diesel at $2.67! I'm going to have to do something to my setup to save fuel this season.

1978 Rogers
03-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Hello, is this it for Moses Lake this weekend. What the hell, where is everyone?

jrork
03-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Had a bit of a setback Rogers, so I dont want to make any commitments for the near future.
Stepped off a f*$King porch wrong and broke my ankle. Kind of taken the wind out of my sails for a bit and certainly slowed the progress on the boat........
Still plan on making Blue Lake but cant be sure on the Mose's run

48OFF
03-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Hello I will try to make it to this get together. What are the plans for the weekend? Can I park my RV in Verns driveway?
Eric 48OFF

Vern S
03-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Hello I will try to make it to this get together. What are the plans for the weekend? Can I park my RV in Verns driveway?
Eric 48OFF
Sure, I may even be able to talk the neighbor in to letting you hook up to his water power and sewer, "it's like a mini RV park on the water".
Vern

Vern S
03-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Here is a link to a few campgrounds, all of these are very close to my house and the beach.
http://mlrec.com/camping.html
http://www.sunriseresorts.com/pier4.jsp
http://www.hallmarkinns.com/moses_lake_hotels.asp

malcolm
03-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I was wondering if he would be up for some guests. :) You might want to ask them if their grandkid will be there. If not, we might leave Sabrina over here with my folks. ;)

1978 Rogers
03-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Kids are a good point. We were thinking of leaving our 2 year old son at home and have my parents watch him. Taking a toddler on a boat all day or to the sand dune doesn't sound,,,,, well you know. But if everyone else bring the little ones, I guess we could also.

malcolm
03-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey Eric!
I mentioned you to the wife. She said, "Oh yeah, the boat with the heater!" :D

Tahiti350
03-20-2005, 07:41 PM
If we come over I would have my 16 yo Daughter, 13 yo son, and the 3 yo girl. With fuel prices a motel might be the better choice for this one. I have actually stayed at the Hallmark Inn for a week a couple of years ago. Pretty nice hotel. That will be the first weekend I have the big kids for the summer, so not sure if we will mak it or not.

mile2885
03-20-2005, 10:11 PM
If the boat runs............along with the tow rig, I might be there with a few of my friends.

48OFF
03-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Hello Malcolm , and say hi to your wife. It is funny that all chicks remember is the heater,even if they never got warmed up by it. I live at Coeur D Alene now. The place we met at ,Carlin Bay is my new stomping grounds. I live across the lake about a 5 mile boat ride from their. Even on a 100 degree day it can get down to 60 at night and if you are in a swim suit it is real nice to have a heater. Looking forward to seeing you at Moses, and Blue lake.
Eric 48OFF

malcolm
03-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I had to chuckle about the heater stuff too. :D
You still have the same truck/camper?

Tahiti350
03-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Just found out yesterday that they will be working on my shoulder again (3rd time) in late May or Early June, and will be down for several weeks. Doc said no driving the truck for over a month, and no riding the scooter for 3 months. So much for Summer. I will be busy between now and surgery date (not set yet) getting as much done around here as possible. Will see how I feel before this run, and might trailer over with the Draggin' Wagon and stay at the Hallmark. I still plan to be ready for Labor day at Blue Lake, but may have to go a little easier than planned. Definately no skiing this summer, and may need some help launching and recovering the boat.

dave186
03-23-2005, 09:16 PM
if i get my boat running im down.

1978 Rogers
03-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Just found out yesterday that they will be working on my shoulder again (3rd time) in late May or Early June, and will be down for several weeks. Doc said no driving the truck for over a month, and no riding the scooter for 3 months. So much for Summer. I will be busy between now and surgery date (not set yet) getting as much done around here as possible. Will see how I feel before this run, and might trailer over with the Draggin' Wagon and stay at the Hallmark. I still plan to be ready for Labor day at Blue Lake, but may have to go a little easier than planned. Definately no skiing this summer, and may need some help launching and recovering the boat.
All you need to do is get over there w/ or w/o the boat. You'll still have one good arm to hold a beer. So, I don't want to hear any :cry: :cry: :cry: .
:D

Tahiti350
03-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Well, I appreciate the offer, but with 5 of us (when the big kids get here for the summer) that's a lot of people to find rides for, and worse, trying to spend time with the kids. Will have to see when the surgery date is and go from there. If it is too close, I may not even be able to travel.
I am also thinking about putting a hand winch on the trailer to make loading eaier. Just snap the line in and crank the boat on.

jrork
03-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey Tahiti, how bout you come with your messed up arm and I'll bring my messed up ankle. We won't be boating but we should be able to come up with some cool stories for anybody that asks what happened.
How bout for starters that we tell everybody that we play for the Seahawks and had surgery done in the offseason?
Nah, better pick a better team than that!

malcolm
03-24-2005, 07:54 PM
That's the spirit John! Come on over, we'll see if I can blow up my Olds. :D

jrork
03-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Damn, I would really like to go. Everybody staying at Moses Lake or are you guys gonna make a run on the Columbia too?
Moteling or Camping????

malcolm
03-25-2005, 08:47 AM
I've heard from more than one guy how fast that Columbia can turn ugly. I think Moses is a lot safer. ;)

Vern S
03-26-2005, 11:18 AM
I've heard from more than one guy how fast that Columbia can turn ugly. I think Moses is a lot safer. ;)
Agreed!

jrork
03-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Okay, we talked it over and we're coming if there's still room on the lake.
Probably won't get there till Friday evening and it looks like we'll leave the trailer at home and high class it at some motel.
If all the stars are aligned we'll have the boat, if not, we'll set on the beach with a beer and cheer the rest of you on..
Looks like it will be me, Jan and our 17 year old son Ian.........
See ya there.......John

malcolm
03-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Sounds good John. You can get that thing running, just take it easy. Make Ian lift anything that's heavier than a beer. :D

48OFF
03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Malcolm, yes I still have the same camper and truck. I got that instead of my lake place in the divorce. I hope gas prices dont get to bad because when the boat is hooked on behind the camper I have 990 cubic inches and 18 cylinders to feed, 488 + 502.
Vern, I got ahold of Mark D the guy from CDA with the older jet, cant remember the kind of boat, but he said he might tow over to Moses for this weekend. He was at Carlin bay for that get together. What kind of plans do you have for the weekend , or is their any?How big of a get together is this?
The worlds coolest grandpa's place is right across from me at my new house. He gave his wood deck V-drive and his 33 street rod to his son last summer. He still runs his Hallett pretty hard for a 80 year old. He got tired of hearing my blender running on his patio,so he got his own gas blender for his 80th birthday party. My Corvette club was driveing around the lake that day and we stopped at his place and had 10 Vettes parked on his lawn,by the lake.
Eric 48OFF

1978 Rogers
03-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Where are people staying, Hotel, Camping???

Vern S
03-29-2005, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=48OFF]
Vern, I got ahold of Mark D the guy from CDA with the older jet, cant remember the kind of boat, but he said he might tow over to Moses for this weekend. He was at Carlin bay for that get together. What kind of plans do you have for the weekend , or is their any?How big of a get together is this?
I remember Mark, nice guy. As far as how big is this get together, hard to say at this point, but the more the merrier. The beach at the dunes is huge so there is plenty of room. I was not planning any activities, just going to go with the flow. I do plan to redline your blender though.

malcolm
03-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Vern, did you get my email?

Vern S
03-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Sorry Malcolm, you have mail.
Vern

malcolm
03-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey 77468sleekcraft! Where ya at Chris? :lightsabe

JETBOY03
04-03-2005, 05:54 PM
wow i have been out of it for awhile look what im missing. i am going to try and get this weekend off and make it up there. malcolm are you going to be camping again?

malcolm
04-03-2005, 07:14 PM
That's the plan so far Austin. We'll camp at Vern's neighbor's if he's OK with it.

77468sleekcraft
04-04-2005, 12:29 PM
I AM ON MY COUCH ...WHY????? :rollside:

malcolm
04-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Just rattling your cage. You gonna make it? :D
Is your boat over here or over there?

48OFF
04-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Has everyone forgot this weekend? We need to make it so all the socal/az people are wishing they could be here. Does it have a catchy name yet? how about OP7C? or how about Beuemont north?, or desert heat?
48 OFF

Vern S
04-16-2005, 08:06 AM
LOL... I like desert heat or ML1C.

malcolm
04-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Running her hard in ML :D

48OFF
04-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Start makeing the stickers and T Shirts. I'll buy the first set. This weekend I had a party and ran the blender the first time after a winter overhaul and new paint job. Running on 100% nitro (from a model air plane) and a shot of nitrous, I could not keep the lid on it. A gal offered to sit on the lid to keep it on, it worked but after that all the ladies wanted to do was sit on the lid. I guess I should have payed extra to have the stroker crank balanced!
Eric 48OFF

malcolm
04-18-2005, 06:20 PM
So, how many horses does it take to wack a drink now-a-days? :D

48OFF
04-19-2005, 06:41 AM
You must of never heard about more power? you should see my chainsaw, goto www.Compfused.com/directlink/154/
48OFF Eric

malcolm
04-19-2005, 07:18 AM
So when do we start work on the V-8 blender? :D

1978 Rogers
04-19-2005, 08:44 AM
So when do we start work on the V-8 blender? :D
How about a PTO driven blender. You just need a Jetaway so you don't have to take a spin every time you want to make a drink.

48OFF
04-21-2005, 08:56 PM
I was about to start work on a v-8 blender then I thought who would waste their time with such a foolish thing . Not me i have better things to do than waste my time makeing a V-8 blender especialy when the technology would suggest that my time would be better spent with a V-10 blender.WWW.conley.com
FOR THE PERSON WHO HAS EVERYTHING!!!!
The only 1/4 Scale Viper V-10 Engine in existence! Fully functional. Over four and one half years went into the design and construction. Unfortunately, all of the molds were destroyed in a catastrophic fire at the foundry and therefore will not be in production. This engine being offered is an exact replica and features:
Pressurized lubrication with removable oil filter
Electronic Ignition System
Water Cooling
Two speed transmission with reverse
[ Home ] [ V-10 Pictures ]
Send your comments, questions, and recommendations to conley-engines@att.net
Copyright © 2001 Conley Precision Engines

48OFF
04-21-2005, 08:59 PM
wrong link try thishttp://www.conleyprecision.com/1_4_scale_viper_v-10_engine.htm Eric 48 OFF

malcolm
04-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Ha-Ha! That's cute. But I wasn't thinking about a 1/4 scale job! :D

Vern S
04-22-2005, 08:07 AM
this is the perfect blender engine.
http://www.weberprecision.com/

48OFF
04-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys ,all work has stopped on the V-10. I thought I found the perfect margurita powerplant in the V-12 rollsroyce airplane engine in one of the links from Verns site. But then I saw that they also have a mini turbine engine, that should really turn a set of blender blades. I bet a set of zoomies and a blower would make a V-8 do the job just fine. I tried to find a video on the net of a guy that has a 1000CC street bike engine mounted to a go cart chassis that is a big blender. IT used a 100 quart cooler as the blender cup. They poured 8 gals of mix and 2 gals of booze and made alot of frozen goodness.

Vern S
05-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Just bringing this back to the top. Little over a month away, is everyone going to be ready? Malcolm??

malcolm
05-17-2005, 05:22 PM
I hope so. I have yet to even get the cover off. I hear we may dry up a little this weekend. :rollside: Please let it be true!
I found a really nice 11 foot camper that I'd like to get before then. You remember the towing issues I have with my 12 footer? The rear jacks like to hit the bow on sharp turns! I figure a foot shorter would be just about right. Only problem is we still haven't got our shop fully operational yet, so money's going to be a little tight until we can start getting full days in.
Unless I'm flat broke, I'm still planning on going. :D

JETBOY03
05-17-2005, 06:23 PM
i have my camp site and will be over on afternoon of the 23rd. just have some tuning to do this weekend and ill be ready

malcolm
05-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Tuning!?! You're at the tuning stage already? Anything you want to share or do we get to be surprised? :)

Tahiti350
05-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Malcom,
What kind of shape is the "old" camper in, and does it have A/c? I have been thinking about picking a decant cab over up so I can take the boat.

JETBOY03
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
just some minor tuning i wish i could say major tuning but i held off the valve train swap for now. i just bought a house and have most of my money tied up in that right now. i am going to try and get out on the water today and get her ready.

1978 Rogers
05-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Jetboy, where are you camping at? We don't know where were staying yet.

JETBOY03
05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
im am staying at cascade park site number 1. $20 a night. go to www.mlrec.com and get out the sites. malcolm and i stayed there last year.

malcolm
05-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Gary,
It's a neat old camper, but it's starting to show it's age. It's a '73 Conestoga 12 foot. It's pretty heavy, so it needs a stout truck to haul it. I'm running a 36 inch solid extension from my hitch to the boat trailer and the ball is still under the camper's back door.
Yeah it has A/C. I put it on three years ago for a trip down to Parker, AZ. It'll need some wood work, but it's usable the way it is.
If you'd like, I have some pics of it.

malcolm
05-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Here's what it looks like all hitched up.
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/we%20arrive%20in%20parker%20small.jpg

1978 Rogers
05-19-2005, 10:57 AM
im am staying at cascade park site number 1. $20 a night. go to www.mlrec.com and get out the sites. malcolm and i stayed there last year.
I'll give them a call tonight and try for #2.

Tahiti350
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Gary,
It's a neat old camper, but it's starting to show it's age. It's a '73 Conestoga 12 foot. It's pretty heavy, so it needs a stout truck to haul it. I'm running a 36 inch solid extension from my hitch to the boat trailer and the ball is still under the camper's back door.
Yeah it has A/C. I put it on three years ago for a trip down to Parker, AZ. It'll need some wood work, but it's usable the way it is.
If you'd like, I have some pics of it.
I'm interested, but can't do anything right now. I have a Dodge Cummins dualie, so weight is not an issue. I also have a custom built extenstion bumper, so would not need to use a extension bar. Would have to modify the front jack mounts to clear the fenders, though. We'll have to hook up and talk more when I have my finances straightend out again.
What kind of wood work?? structural, or cosmetic? I have rebuilt 5th wheels, and started rebuilding a '68 Red Dale 12'er, but it was too far gone to save.

Tahiti350
05-19-2005, 11:51 AM
I probably won't be able to make this get-together due to a pay screw up at work that has cost me over $2000 already, and may cost another $900 before it's all said and done. :hammerhea
If any of you know of someone looking for a nice cruiser, my Tahiti is for sale :( , as is my '88 S-15 Jimmy 4X4. If I can sell one, I might not have to sell the other. Hoping the Jimmy sells first.....

malcolm
05-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Kinda hard to tell without tearing into it. I'm in the same "boat", heh-heh, no money. :frown: If I can't figure out how to pick up this 11 footer I'll be keeping this one anyway. ;)

malcolm
05-22-2005, 10:18 AM
WHERE'S THE SUN!!!! :mad:

JETBOY03
05-22-2005, 04:45 PM
i would like to know i want to make a river run before moses!!!

malcolm
05-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Well, we finally got a little sun. Not enough to pull out the boat, so I ended up mowing the lawn instead. :frown:
Yeah, I need a river run BAD!

Tahiti350
05-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I ended up mowing also, but it takes me 3-4 hours to mow all of it... over an acre. Have to finish today.

malcolm
05-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Ouch, only 1/2 acre here. :)
Oh man did it look nice out today! They're talking about 79 by Thurs. :cool: I wish I could skip work that day! I got home late tonight, or I'd of pulled the boat out and fogged her up. Maybe tomorrow. :idea:
Cool, page 4!

1978 Rogers
05-24-2005, 05:23 AM
We might head over to Moses Lake this weekend. Its suppose to be nice. :cool: I haven't mowed our lawn in a while and its getting tall in the back yard. I guess I have my priorities staight. :smile:

malcolm
05-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Yeah, that's why the rest of my place is usually a mess. :D

1978 Rogers
05-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Just made reservations at Cascade Campground, spot #2. No alcohol allowed is kinda a bummer. Anyone else camping?

48OFF
05-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Vern,
I am still planning on comeing. Do I need to find a place to park my camper? or do you still have a place? All I need is a place big enough for a pickup to park. I am saveing all sorts of boat gas with all this shit weather we have been haveing, but it is starting to look good. Eric 48OFF

malcolm
05-24-2005, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't sweat the "no alcohol" rule too much. We pulled in late last year and it looked like a drunken orgy. :D
There were people in our spot that we had to kick out before we could set up camp. Then his buddies made our stay less than enjoyable because we made him move. I'm hoping that you guys have a much better stay, being a lot earlier in the season.
I'm heading outside to pull out the boat and see how she survived the winter. Back in a bit.

malcolm
05-24-2005, 05:56 PM
IT'S ALIIIIIIVVVVVEEEE! :2purples:
Made a mistake backing it up by the house. Now I've got big chunks of soot all over my porch. :hammerhea

malcolm
05-26-2005, 06:21 PM
No river runs this weekend. :frown:
My shifter cable broke at the pump! Called Rex and got one coming... Tuesday. :sleeping:

JETBOY03
05-27-2005, 07:28 AM
that sucks malcolm i was going to ask if you wanted to go out on monday if i got all moved into the new house.

malcolm
05-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Yeah, now that the weekend is shaping up my boat's broke! :(
I'm really gettin' excited to see if the river is where I left it. :D

malcolm
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Well, the weekend started out nice. I couldn't stay away, I had to go check on the river. This was a minus tide weekend, the water was 20 feet from the end of the ramp! Looks like there's been some sand buildup over the winter. Made me feel a little better about the boat being broke. I should be in business if this coming weekend is good. Got my cable today.

1978 Rogers
06-02-2005, 07:14 AM
So whats the tally on how many people are heading over?

malcolm
06-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Looks like you, me, Jetboy, and 48off so far.

jrork
06-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Afraid we won't make it for Moses Lake. I did finally get the cast off the ankle but being laid up put us behind on everything around the place and most importantly the work on the boat came to a screeching halt.
Still definately planning on Blue Lake for sure.....

malcolm
06-02-2005, 08:08 PM
We'll miss you John!

1978 Rogers
06-03-2005, 07:23 AM
My wife told me last night she gets out of work early at 3:00 on Thursday. So we'll head over ASAP after she gets home. We'll be at the campground Thursday night. An extra day, I can't wait.

malcolm
06-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Trying to be the first one there, huh? :cool:

jrork
06-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Damn, I'm jealous. Have fun guys and be safe

malcolm
06-03-2005, 07:33 PM
What's left to do on your boat John?

jrork
06-04-2005, 04:04 PM
What's left to do on your boat John?
I'm getting there but everytime I do something and set back to to look at it I see something I want to change.
I'm really close but am more than a little concerned that the motor has set for this many months before firing. Wonder how the lube on the cam has held up while setting in the boat??????
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=74591&password=&sort=2&thecat=997 http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=74590&password=&sort=2&thecat=997

jrork
06-04-2005, 04:18 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=74590&size=big&password=&sort=2&thecat=521 http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=74591&password=&sort=2&thecat=521
See if this works

jrork
06-04-2005, 05:04 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=74590&size=big&password=&sort=2&thecat=521 http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=74591&password=&sort=2&thecat=521
See if this works
@$%$@*& I am. How bout now?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=74592&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=500
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=74593&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=500

jrork
06-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I think I've got it this time. If I don't, I quit and have shown the world how %$@& stupid I am.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2227IMG_2019_Medium_Web_view.jpg http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2227IMG_2023_Medium_Web_view.jpg

malcolm
06-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Oh yeah! All that work was worth it, good pics!
What stuff did you use for cam lube? You should be OK just repriming the oil pump.

jrork
06-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks. Everytime I do one thing it makes the something else look crappy. Most recent has been the tanks. When they painted the boat the oversprayed the tanks. I got to sit and hand sand all the white paint off of the aluminum tanks. Lots of fun. You should have been there.
I used damn near a whole bottle of CompCams Pro Cam & Lifter lube and one pint of GM's E.O.C. Assembly lube, but that was 6 months ago. I'll prelube the crap out of it and keep my fingers crossed when I fire it.
Hows your boat? Ready for Moses Lake?
Price of gas is gonna kill me for Blue Lake. The Great White gets 7mpg and holds 105 galons of gas. For Blue Lake I figure I'll tow the trailer over with the Great White and then Ian and Jan are going to tow the boat over with Ian's truck. I hate to think what the gas bill is gonna be but that's our one big vacation trip this year so damn the $$$$$
If I don't talk to you before hand, have a great time at Moses and be safe............John

1978 Rogers
06-06-2005, 06:21 AM
Trying to be the first one there, huh? :cool:
You know it. :cool:

malcolm
06-06-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm not ready yet. I still have to put my new shift cable in and do a few little things. The truck and camper will need some attention too, but I can't get anything done without a looming deadline. :devil:
Chris, I don't think there's anyway I'll be there before Friday afternoon so you may have to take that prize. :rollside:

1978 Rogers
06-06-2005, 08:25 AM
I'll be floating in the water by the bridge sipping a cold one as you drive by. :)

malcolm
06-06-2005, 05:34 PM
I'll make sure my Super soaker's pumped up. :D

malcolm
06-07-2005, 07:27 AM
I talked to the guy with the camper I want to get last night. Looks like I may have it by then! It's a foot shorter than my presant camper for easier boat towing and has a bigger bed! Not to mention it's a few years newer and is in better shape. :rollside:

1978 Rogers
06-07-2005, 09:02 AM
A bigger bed is always nice. :devil:

malcolm
06-07-2005, 04:35 PM
You know it! :D
Bad part is I'll have to pull the A/C unit from the old one and rig it back up on the new one. Might have to rough it for this outing.

1978 Rogers
06-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Why can't this shytty cloudy/rain crap go away? Its the middle of june. :frown: Rain in the forcast the next 10 days. I'd like to run my boat once more before moses lake.
Vern's the only one out on the water being on the east side of the cascades. :cry:

malcolm
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I'm about ready to kill Steve Pool! :mad:
I've heard middle of next week may dry out some, but I'm not going to hold my breath. :(

malcolm
06-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey! I got my cable in!
Now if I could get the rest of the stuff done. I want to run a captain's choice water valve up to my seat.

1978 Rogers
06-13-2005, 06:57 AM
I went out to Alder Lake yesterday to make sure everything is running well. The needle valve on one end of the carb keep sticking open. I tried adjusting it on the lake with no luck in fixing the flooding. I took it out last night and cleaned it out. Hopefully now I'll be ready to run it around other people. :D

malcolm
06-13-2005, 07:01 AM
I take it you're running a Holley. Was there junk in the seat? You may want to pick up another one just in case you get to the water and it still floods.

Jet City
06-13-2005, 07:33 AM
I went out to Alder Lake yesterday to make sure everything is running well. The needle valve on one end of the carb keep sticking open. I tried adjusting it on the lake with no luck in fixing the flooding. I took it out last night and cleaned it out. Hopefully now I'll be ready to run it around other people. :D
Hows Alder looking? I'm familiar with the sticking needle valve, like Malcolm said, good to have a spare.

1978 Rogers
06-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Alder looks good. Filled to the brim. The woody debris I saw was a stump down the the dam. Other than that is was clean. I cruised around mostly by the dam and around the island. Just in case it flooded real bad and I couldn't get it started again.
It was cold yesterday with a slite chop. I had the shakey foot for a while. I need some wool socks to help keep warm. :frown:
I might head down again this weekend to run it. I grab another needle valve to play it on the safe side. I need those clear site plugs to check the gas levels in the bowls.

malcolm
06-13-2005, 06:10 PM
I'll have to venture down that way once or twice this year. :idea:

Jet City
06-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Alder looks good. Filled to the brim. The woody debris I saw was a stump down the the dam. Other than that is was clean. I cruised around mostly by the dam and around the island. Just in case it flooded real bad and I couldn't get it started again.
It was cold yesterday with a slite chop. I had the shakey foot for a while. I need some wool socks to help keep warm. :frown:
I might head down again this weekend to run it. I grab another needle valve to play it on the safe side. I need those clear site plugs to check the gas levels in the bowls.
Thats great news! I may be out there as soon as next weekend too, still have a couple items to complete from this winters tinkering, I'll keep an eye out for you.

1978 Rogers
06-14-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm sure I'll be out there if the weather is half way decent. I need to get it idling good. It's not cool to be backfiring and sputtering around guys that know what there doing.
Gary, you up for heading down with me, Saturday or Sunday, depending on the weather and my wife?

Tahiti350
06-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Heading out of state on Friday, pick the kids up in Portland on Saturday, then heading down to the folks place for a couple of days. I am of from now thru 8 pm Thursday. Have a lot to do but would like to get out myself and try a couple of things to see if I can get the secondaries working right.

malcolm
06-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Looks like a wet Saturday so far, but Sunday looks like a mixed bag. Maybe one day will clean up. :clover:

1978 Rogers
06-15-2005, 07:21 AM
I'm thinking about going right now. Suppose to hit 70 today.

Captain no fun
06-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, not really in heaven. I just laid my crank, and got all torqued up. You guys and all these breakdowns, I just had surgery last Friday on my sinuses, and a deviated septum (It sounds so bad!) Truthfully, I have been bed ridden since, and just today had my first cup of coffee since surgery. Do you know how painful, it is to have a crank kit in the box waiting for install for almost a week? I'm getting feverish now. I feel a trip to Jim Greens for intake gaskets coming on, right after my Dr. Apptmnt. The war department is real happy with my spending habits as of late, I'm either at Greens or Kompact Kar. Moses Lake sounds great, we love the beach, lot's can fit. We stayed at a small resort by the trailer park last time, it was clean, they allowed alcohol, and there was no mosquotoes! I got dragged off and raped by a band of them over at Blue on Memorial. The only drag about the place we stayed before was it had concrete (rough) docks. So good fenders are a must. Don't let the serenity fool you though, especially with kids, a number of years ago, a friend of mine lost his wife and both kids to a freak wind storm. His kids were on tubes, and they never made it back to shore, his wife suffered the same fate. I've only run my new motor about twenty minutes, it's super strong, but with the Crower Y-5300 solid roller cam I have zero vacuum below 1700 RPM. I'm in the tune stage, my biggest issue is trying to idle. I had a Barry Grant built for my wifes' corvette and they drilled holes in the lower plates to add more air, thus raising idle speed enough to activate the idle circuit, without tipping the blades causing a rich low speed feed. I fouled the plugs twice in twenty minutes, the carbs are new edelbrock 450s. I have two 650 Holleys, but they are blower carbs, and I may build a blower motor for next year blah blah...I'm going to go see the Dr. and get Intake and timing cover gaskets Speaking of which, aren't those one piece oil pan gaskets the best invention ever? Re-usable too! ( I need that).... Matt--

Tahiti350
06-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Chriss,
Hope you get out today, I have to finish getting ready for the trip :frown: , so won't be able to get the boat out today after all. I did wash it yesterday though :supp: Be safe and let me know if you get the flooding problem fixed.

Captain no fun
06-15-2005, 01:02 PM
The needle valve was the culprit on one of my motors, I thought I'd just clean it out, so I did. Two days later same thing. The needle valve assembly is made of brass, and slides in a brass housing with viton seals. The float slightly sideloads the needle assembly, everytime there is a call/ stoppage of fuel ( Cycle) The number of cycles, fuel pressure, environment, ( Bouncing up and down in a boat) all aggrivate the situation. There is very little lubricity in fuel anymore, sooner than later, the relationship between the barrel and piston are compromised, and usually what happens, is through friction, the float is unable to stop fuel from coming in, because it cannot overcome the resistance that the needle assembly is putting up. Change all of your needle assemblies, and carry a spare, but don't hide the spare where you won't be able to find it when you need it, like I would. I may be able to join you guys somewhere this weekend, I just got the valvetrain on and adjusted. A couple of gaskets and an alnighter, and I'm running Matt..

1978 Rogers
06-15-2005, 01:45 PM
I didn't go out today. To busy at work, I'm still here. :cry:

Tahiti350
06-16-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm in PANIC mde right now!!!! I leave in 24 hours to ge my kids for the summer, and still don't have everything thing done, and the kicker is that I have to work from 8pm to 8 am!!! He!!, I'm still working on the new dining table for the 5th wheel! Not sure why I am even on the computer this morning, I need to be outside gettting things done.
Ya'all be safe if you get em wet, and we'll see you in a couple of weeks, hopefully on the water somewhere.

malcolm
06-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh yeah, yesterday would have been fun on the water!
I just had a little change of situation, I found a V-8 Explorer for a fair price and picked it up. So now I gotta figure out a new plan cuz no camper.

Captain no fun
06-17-2005, 09:44 AM
I need to diagnose/tune today, this afternoon, or tomorrow. Rain or shine. Is anybody up for it. I've got tons of tools. A lake, not a river. I'm literally spark bolts away from firing...

Vern S
06-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Jetboy 03 email me at vsearcy@nctv.com
Vern

1978 Rogers
06-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Jetboy 03 email me at vsearcy@nctv.com
Vern
but will you reply. :D

uncjoe
06-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey guys! New guy here, I live in Port Orchard, been lurkin around for a little while but i think its time to introduce myself. A few buddies and my self are going to come on out to play with you guys.

malcolm
06-18-2005, 12:28 AM
What do you run Joe?
Welcome to the boards.

uncjoe
06-18-2005, 06:26 AM
Right now I have a 27 crownline for the sound. I had a 72 Kona but I sold that a little while back, if all goes okay I will have a new(to me) Hondo by the time the trip comes around.My buddy will have his Spectra out there and another buddy will have his Rogers or his Checkmate out there as well.

jrork
06-18-2005, 07:36 AM
Hey guys! New guy here, I live in Port Orchard, been lurkin around for a little while but i think its time to introduce myself. A few buddies and my self are going to come on out to play with you guys.
Glad to hear from you. We need a bigger Kitsap group.

malcolm
06-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Which Spectra does your buddie have?

1978 Rogers
06-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Which Spectra does your buddie have?
Spectra.................What about the Rogers?

Captain no fun
06-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey! The guy is getting a Hondo. What's wrong with that? Mines an 18 Tee Deck Aluminum headed BBC/Twistied/Jacuzi/Placed/ loud, chased off of every lake on this side, obnoxious, snotty, cussed, typical driven out of all towns it's landed in for various offenses to the general public jet boat. What? I'm NO WAY making the Moses run. Roosevelt is a distinct possibility. We got Chris' 468 Sleekcraft going today. Real responsive, fired right up. I'll buzz ya when I get it burped again. I hope to make Roosevelt. Matt...

malcolm
06-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Come on up to the river Sunday, I gotta try this new tow rig out. Looks like the tide will be with us anytime after noon.
I'm putting on my new hitch right now.

1978 Rogers
06-20-2005, 07:30 AM
I just got an email from Vern about camping at his neighbors. We already have reservations and paid a deposit at Cascade Campground. Who all is staying at Vern's? Are we the only ones at the campground?
Malcolm, since your bringing an SUV, are your going to be tenting it?

malcolm
06-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I'll be at Vern's. You and Austin (jetboy03) are at Cascade right? That's only a few minutes/seconds away by boat, depending on who's boat your in. :D

1978 Rogers
06-20-2005, 07:11 PM
30 seconds for me by meself. A minute if the wife and 2 year old are in the boat. :jawdrop: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Vern S
06-21-2005, 12:04 PM
100 degrees right now, what a great first day of summer.

1978 Rogers
06-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Cloudy and overcast here right now.
What are you doing looking at the thermometer? Your wife gave you a honey-do-list, get back to work. :D
Is everything ready for my arrival banquet Thursday night or just a cold beer, maybe. :D

Vern S
06-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Cloudy and overcast here right now.
What are you doing looking at the thermometer? Your wife gave you a honey-do-list, get back to work. :D
Is everything ready for my arrival banquet Thursday night or just a cold beer, maybe. :D
as ready as it's going to be..... lol
lots of cold drinks....

1978 Rogers
06-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Paging Jetboy,
Are you staying at the campground? Are you still going this weekend?
ps. check your PM's
Chris

malcolm
06-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah Austin's a busy man, I think he only gets a chance to check in here once a week. I was looking around to see if I had a phone number for him on Sunday, but I couldn't find one.
Vern, how's the forcast shaping up over there? Looks like it's going to be a little wet over here (big shock). Don't worry, I'm not going to let the weather guessers scare me off, but I will bring my boat cover just in case. ;)

JETBOY03
06-21-2005, 07:27 PM
malcolm and 78 rogers you have pm's i just realized i wasnt loged in, so i wasnt geting any pm's

malcolm
06-21-2005, 08:20 PM
You missed out bud! We had some fun Sunday. There were some other jets there too. ;)

napabob
06-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Hey Malcolm,
We will be at Lake Shasta on the same days that you will be at Moses Lake.
Hope we all have a good time on the water.
The LBBA is helping me organize a surprise birthday party for my wife’s day on June 25th.
I will try to make it up to your neck of the woods this year if other Washington state gatherings are planned. I will have to fit it into my wife’s schedule. We can travel on Friday (if she can get someone to take her shift) Saturday, Sunday Monday, and Tuesdays (she is off) to destinations and back. She has to return for work on Wednesdays. I can take the weekdays off as vacation time.
We are leaving Friday morning and I will post pictures of the event when we get back.
Bob and Jennifer

malcolm
06-22-2005, 08:28 PM
That's pretty neat, I hope she doesn't read the boards. :D
How's your weather looking for this weekend? Hopefully dryer than ours. I think we'll do OK, but we may get wet a couple times.

Vern S
06-23-2005, 07:33 AM
Thursday Sunny 83 no wind. Friday partly cloudy 87 no wind, Saturday partly cloudy 84. Better get over soon as possible Malcolm. uncjoe, are you going to make it?
Vern

napabob
06-23-2005, 08:16 AM
That's pretty neat, I hope she doesn't read the boards. :D
How's your weather looking for this weekend? Hopefully dryer than ours. I think we'll do OK, but we may get wet a couple times.
Malcolm,
Jennifer does not read the boards (thankfully).
The temperatures for Redding, CA will be:
Friday 94 degrees
Saturday 90 degrees (partly cloudy)
Sunday 89 degrees (partyly cloudy)
Monday 87 degrees (partly cloudy)
We have had some of your weather down here. Rain and snow in our area in June!
Keep dry and happy boating,
Bob and Jennifer

JETBOY03
06-23-2005, 10:21 AM
im on my way see everyone on the other side

jrork
06-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Have fun everybody. I just came back from CleElum for work stuff and passed a couple of jets headed East on I-90. If they were any of you rest assured that you made me jealous. :frown:
One was a truck and camper with what looked like a burgandy or brown 18' with black seats. The other was a daycrusier behind a motor home. I was west bound so I couldn't get a real good look

malcolm
06-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Ahh! I still gotta put in a half day tomorrow!!! :frown:

jrork
06-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I90 was full of camping rigs so don't waste any time getting headed that way.
Have fun and be safe

malcolm
06-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Oh well, won't matter how fast my new rig is then will it? :rollside:

malcolm
06-24-2005, 12:54 PM
Almost ready, be heading out shortly. Who'm I kidding, Everyones already there! :rollside:

JETBOY03
06-27-2005, 06:59 PM
lets see if the pic works
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2751DVC00553-med.JPG

JETBOY03
06-27-2005, 07:18 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2751DVC00557-med.JPG

jrork
06-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Looks like the weather was great. Everybody run okay? Wish we could have been there.

malcolm
06-27-2005, 09:56 PM
What a nice bunch of weather we had over there, until today that is. We left about 5:00 and drove most of the way back in the rain. We all ran, I don't think anything broke.
Give me a few and I'll see if I can get some pics up.

malcolm
06-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Oh well, pics will have to wait till tomorrow. Stupid photo program!!!
:hammerhea

1978 Rogers
06-28-2005, 06:37 AM
I'll try and have ours up tomorrow. At least Austin is on the ball and has a few up.

1978 Rogers
06-28-2005, 06:48 AM
I noticed both pictures of me, show me leaning over the engine, dumping a beer in my coke can so I don't get a open container violation. These are a little incriminating. I wasn't drinking at the dunes. :rolleyes:

77468sleekcraft
06-28-2005, 08:42 AM
SWEET ----LETS SEE SOME PIC :rollside: S

malcolm
06-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Jetboy03
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/austin.jpg
78Rogers
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/chris.jpg
Heres everyone at the bar. left to right we have: 48off, jetboy03, someone in witness protection (yellow sea-doo), malcolm, 78rogers, vern's brother and some other Moses lake locals
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/sandbar.jpg
Hmmm, I don't see Vern's boat. Wonder where he's at???

napabob
06-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Malcolm,
Nice pictures of your gathering.
Some of the boaters have put up images of the Shasta event on the LBBA web site.
I will post some other ones as soon as I can.
bOb

malcolm
06-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks bob, I'll see if I can get a few more up tonight. I'll have to check in and see your pics too.

malcolm
06-28-2005, 06:10 PM
More pics
On the way to the sandbar.
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/bridge.jpg
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/onthebar.jpg
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/chrisonbar.jpg

1978 Rogers
06-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Here are a few we took. You can see the large ones in my members gallery.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2160Moses_3-med.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2160Moses_2-med.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2160DSCF0001-med.JPG

48OFF
06-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks to all for a fun weekend. I am glad I went through with my plans even after my last minute chick problem. If there was an award for "runnin it hard" my vote would be for Malcolm. Not only was he running his loud ass spectra lots more than the rest , He was up till closeing time both nights. The gals finally made my weekend at the end, it wasnt for my lack of trying. Everyone remember "what happens in Moses stays in Moses".
Eric 48OFF

malcolm
06-30-2005, 07:53 AM
There you are Eric! Yeah, I think I was runnin' her a little harder than most. :D Did you get the pic I sent you?