PDA

View Full Version : sunken boats

PowellScooter
02-25-2005, 06:39 AM
This is from an article in The Arizona Daily Sun, Flagstaff AZ paper
.................................................. .................................................. .
A contractor from American Fork Ut has volunteered his time and equipment to clear out boats and other debris at Glen Canyon National Recreation area.But boat owners , if they can be found will get no free mooring. Each of the boats, sunk over the past 40 years will be searched for identification and the owners will be billed for the removal costs. The boats and trash to be removed lies just along the shore, as the water is expected to recede to the lowest point of the year. Future operations could include trash removal deeper into the lake according to an acting assistant of the Park Svc. "There could be all kinds of stuff out there" she said ..... Duh Ya Think?

roostwear
02-25-2005, 06:51 AM
The first thing that jumps out is they say he will "volunteer" time and equipment, but boat owners will be billed for the "cost" of removal. They must be planning to charge an "administrative" fee. :rolleyes:

superdave013
02-25-2005, 07:11 AM
The first thing that jumps out is they say he will "volunteer" time and equipment, but boat owners will be billed for the "cost" of removal. They must be planning to charge an "administrative" fee. :rolleyes:
It will prolly be a "handling charge" kinda like Summitt does. :wink:

spectratoad
02-25-2005, 07:13 AM
Something like the courts do. It will be free to remove the stuff and $795 administrative fee.
I would be willing to bet he has the volunteer clause in there so that he can keep it if he chooses not to try to find the owners. Probably alot of money down there.

1978 Rogers
02-25-2005, 07:18 AM
The fees are to pay for the acting assistant of the Park Svc opion on "Future operations could include trash removal deeper into the lake". Professional consultation is not free. :jawdrop: :D :D

Mardonzi
02-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Scooter,,, quit hanging out on the boards and fix my pickup.,... :D

PowellScooter
02-25-2005, 02:40 PM
:sqeyes: :confused: :sqeyes:

AzLakeLizard
02-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Well sheesh Don.. if you hadn't broken it.. scooter wouldn't have to fix in now.. would he.. and it is Friday too!.... :hammerhea

LUVNLIFE
02-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Something like the courts do. It will be free to remove the stuff and $795 administrative fee.
I would be willing to bet he has the volunteer clause in there so that he can keep it if he chooses not to try to find the owners. Probably alot of money down there.
Exxxxxaaaaccctttlllllyyyyy :yuk: :wink: :D