PDA

View Full Version : Iraq or Washington DC

Rev. Williams
02-25-2005, 09:34 AM
According to www.casualties.org, there have been 88 deaths caused by hostile
"firearms" since the beginning of hostilities in Iraq.
The remainder of coalition deaths have been due to explosives or accidents.
What does this mean?
If you consider that there have been an average of 160,000 troops in theater
during the last 22 months, that gives a firearm
death rate of 55 per 100,000.
The rate in DC is 80.6 per 100,000.
That means that you are more likely to be shot and killed in our Nation's
Capitol (which has some of the strictest
gun control laws in the nation) than you are in Iraq.
The conclusion?
Under the logic of the left-wing Democrats, we should immediately pull out
of WASHINGTON D.C..

Steve 1
02-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Good Post thanks!

Forkin' Crazy
02-25-2005, 11:20 AM
FYI they are working on legislation that will legalize hand guns and long guns with out stupid laws stating its storage, ie locked up and unloaded. :)

Rev. Williams
02-25-2005, 12:09 PM
FYI they are working on legislation that will legalize hand guns and long guns with out stupid laws stating its storage, ie locked up and unloaded. :)
That's some good news finally. Not that I leave any of mine on the coffee table, but if I wanted to I could.
It's just sad that people are to stupid to make the right choices, so attorneys and goverment have to step in and place these blanket laws over all of us.

EricPhilbin
02-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Would these "blanket laws" that you point out (and presumably are against, as am I) include laws that prevent the use of marajuana for medical use, or any use for that matter? Or do these serve a purpose in your opinion?

Forkin' Crazy
02-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Would these "blanket laws" that you point out (and presumably are against, as am I) include laws that prevent the use of marajuana for medical use, or any use for that matter? Or do these serve a purpose in your opinion?
IMO, yes, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Frankly I am suprised that it didn't happen under Clinton. :chi:
There are several, several reasons why it won't happen now too. :hammer2:

Ultrafied
02-27-2005, 02:44 AM
I think those left wing democrats are concerned about everyone that died and not trying to exclude for excuses. But I may be wrong. :)

Steve 1
02-27-2005, 06:56 AM
The policies of the left are the reason this thing is sliding into the toilet..

mirvin
03-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Isn't that how it works though? The left creates systems designed to fail, that way when the legislation doesn't work they can just scrap the whole thing.
So when gun laws don't work (because criminals don't abide by laws) the answer will be to prohibit firarms completely, except for Demecratic law makers who will naturally keep thier CCW's.
mirvin :hammerhea