PDA

View Full Version : Lake Casitas, Ojai, Ca.

n8dawg
02-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Anybody want to hit up casitas for some hot laps around the lake before spring comes? Dial in the boats and shoot the shit.
Lake is full and not alot of debris as lake piru.
It's going to rain on Monday and Tuesday. Maybe out there this weekend or in a couple of weeks after the rain is gone.

dicudmore
02-25-2005, 01:50 PM
I like taking the pontoon there for a short float :wink:

Speedin' Ian
02-25-2005, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't mind getting the Commander out there for a few hot laps, don't think this weekend will work though, tearing down the dragboat motor

Brooski
02-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Heading up to Naci this weekend, but I am game anytime after. I am still dialing mine in, and that is the perfect lake for it.

n8dawg
02-25-2005, 04:35 PM
well I'll tell you guys what... I just looked at the weather for Mar. 5 & 6 supposed to be sunny with a high in the low to mid 70's and sunny. Remember the sun? So lets try and shoot for next weekend.
And BROOSKI...let us know how naci was. Going up there mar.12 13th

Brooski
02-25-2005, 05:09 PM
well I'll tell you guys what... I just looked at the weather for Mar. 5 & 6 supposed to be sunny with a high in the low to mid 70's and sunny. Remember the sun? So lets try and shoot for next weekend.
Will do. I can already say it will be cold. High should be 60.

NELSON#109
02-25-2005, 08:42 PM
i got run off casitas in december. went up there to show the challenger to the new owners. only ran on the back side of the island, to hide a bit. only ran for about 15 mins, before every old man and fishing freak out ther dimed me out. dont think i ever made it over 65mph. ive had problems there before. they dont like loud boats, and theyre all up ur back side if you break 35 mph. had great luck at piru for many years, but the last two theyre on me as soon as i get wet. new rangers. im usually crefull where i lay into it too. my roady has had several tickets at piru, and has been 86ed several times. ive had a few excited talks with the rANGERs there myself. now i just fire, go strait to the cove, and soak up the sun. its time to hit the ocean!!!!

Brooski
02-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Lake is just about full, they are letting water out cuz it rose 10' last week when they got only 2 inches of rain. The pics I took Saturday, the level is about 783, they will drop it to 780 until March 1st, then they will let it fill up more, and after April 1, all the way to the top. Some debris around the ramps, I didnt go out on the lake, but Mike from the boards said there wasnt too much out on the water. Cant wait to go back with the boat. This saturday sounds like a plan. The link to the photos is here
Link to Naci Photos 2/26/05 (http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAuGbli1ZtGGZ )

Speedin' Ian
02-28-2005, 10:32 AM
I will plan on being there this weekend, I'll be in our 25' Commander.

CrazyHippy
02-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I will plan on being there this weekend, I'll be in our 25' Commander.
As far as Casitas is concerded, you have a 24' commander. They have a 24' limit if i'm not mistaken. I've been over 100 on that lake a few times. Just have to sound like another fisherman (Outboard power baby) :crossx:
BJH :skull:

Speedin' Ian
02-28-2005, 01:52 PM
That's right it is 24' thanks for the reminder :wink: