PDA

View Full Version : That Anza Borrego Trip. ?

Mandelon
02-25-2005, 07:16 PM
that Anza Borrego trip...what happened?
We are going March 18th, 19th and 20th. Still picking a location. Looking at Arroyo Salado or Blowsand Canyon. Its near Ocotillo Wells, which has all needed facilities, but is not completely in the ORV park itself.

Lightning
02-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I went last weekend and rode the new DRZ400 out there. It was nice. Have you ever camped over at Tamarisk Grove?

Mandelon
02-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Tamarisk is, IMO too darn noisy. It is right between the fork of S-3 and 78. I dump my trash there, but usually we stay at quieter places.
We've stayed at the improved campgrounds at Bow Willow, Agua Caliente, Blair Valley, and of course at Palm Canyon. Personally I like to dry camp out in the boonies away from others. Where its so quiet and dark its scary. We stayed in the "Nude Wash" a couple of times....that was a good little place, but close to the main raod. Canyon Sin Nombre is good, and the Anticline area near Fish Creek is cool too.
The mud caves are amazing, so that is always a worthy stop for the uninitiated. There are so many places to see and explore that we still haven't seen them all.

mtndewdrops
02-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Where its so quiet and dark its scary. We stayed in the "Nude Wash" a couple of times....
Why am I not surprised Mandelon...
Well, Since I can't seem to sell my toy hauler, maybe I will have to spend some of my tax refund on a toy and find you guys out there. :wink:

bchbum
02-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Don't forget a trip to the Iron door . We just came back from a 5 day trip there . Had a group of 80 plus , I ate & drank too much

boatnam2
02-28-2005, 10:54 PM
missb and i just got home from ocotillo,had a great time.went to blowsand i belive it was around 1 in the morning,pretty crazy but had a blast.made the bar run saturday with a bunch of people.i founf out what a pain in the ass it is to try and get 25 riders all to leave at the same time.the bordsmnj where with us also always great to ahng with them.

BOBALOO
03-01-2005, 07:11 AM
A group of us will be there that weekend also. We usually camp on the Cahuilla trail.

casean
03-01-2005, 12:04 PM
A group of us will be there that weekend also. We usually camp on the Cahuilla trail.
We typically camp off of Cahuilla trail, off to the right before gas dome trail crosses over. Nice and quiet out there. Plus I think some of the better riding is out that way.