PDA

View Full Version : What Does Meth use cost the average user per day?

Flying Tiger
02-26-2005, 10:42 AM
I believe if ya run with dogs, ya get fleas.
I avoid it when I can but occasionally get stuck having to work with Tweekers and I was wondering what they spend on the stuff per day?
Is me forming the opinion no one ever kicks the habit true?
These guys and their wives mental health and physical health has deteriorated to the point of no return. Or appears so. This junk has just sucked the life outta them.
It is so common now, I think I can talk to someone and in just seconds see the signs of addiction.
Man o man is that some bad stuff.
What are these clowns spending on it per day?
[IMG]http://poetry.rotten.com/spiral/downward-spiral.jpg

Forkin' Crazy
02-26-2005, 10:51 AM
I really don't know the $$$, but you can add crack to that list too. I know very few that have gotten off it. The others I knew are either dead or toothless (thieving) bums.
I have done some pretty stupid stuff in my day, but crack and meth were not them!

Havasu Cig
02-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Crack (rock coke) is a much more expensive habit because the high is over much quicker. Meth is a reletively cheap drug (about $40. a gram) but some of these tweekers can do a lot of the $hit so they can spend some money on it. People with coke problems tend to spend a lot more though. Bad $hit though.

Forkin' Crazy
02-26-2005, 05:05 PM
But doesn't crack have some meth or something else in it?
I had a friend that got on it. He sole from me, my friends, and even his father. Last time I saw him, it was in the bad side of town walking on the side of the road. I wanted to stop and kick ass, throw something on the way by, but it wouldn't be worth it. No telling where he is now. Haven't seen him in 5 or 6 years.

Havasu Cig
02-26-2005, 06:03 PM
No they are two different drugs. Both Central Nervous System Stimulants, but different in chemical compound. I have actually met people with coke habits that were still able to function because they could work while not high.
Meth on the other hand last so long that you will rarely see a tweeker holding down a normal job. Once they go on a binge they are up for days tweeking. Hard to keep a job with that lifestyle. That is why most of them are thiefs.

572Daytona
02-27-2005, 11:04 AM
I would bet it costs you and I more per day than the tweaker pays. Add up the incremental costs of medical ins, auto ins, home owners ins that we have to pay for these guys, additional taxes needed for law enforcement, etc and it is very costly for the average us citizen. I know several people that do or have done the stuff and none of them can hold a job and are just drains on society. Personally I don't know of anyone who has done the stuff that has later quit and resumed a normal productive lifestyle.

Her454
02-28-2005, 10:13 AM
I avoid it when I can but occasionally get stuck having to work with Tweekers and I was wondering what they spend on the stuff per day?
These guys and their wives mental health and physical health has deteriorated to the point of no return. Or appears so. This junk has just sucked the life outta them.
It is so common now, I think I can talk to someone and in just seconds see the signs of addiction.
The ex husband got into it about 10 years in to our marriage and we lasted another 5. You are right, it sucks the life out of them and also the people around them that love them. I dont think they actually ever quit...I've seen people "swear" it off and stay clean for maybe a year and then right back in the gutter. Its sad how it devastates families and turns good people in to thieves, liars, cheaters and trash. I couldn't tell you the $$ cost per day but I can sure tell you what it costs emotionally.
I dont blame you FT, I cant stand working with or even being around Tweakers.

Larry Nebb
02-28-2005, 02:13 PM
I second that 100% I can't stand tweakers either.
Larry Nebb

Ziggy
02-28-2005, 05:08 PM
HAd and instance last summer that a tweeker chick knocks on my door in Havi at like 10:30-11pm and asks for help to get her car started. My buddy and I recognized her tweeked condition right away and really didn't want to do anything but my wife insisted I help "the poor girl".
So we go out to her POS car, battery nearly dead and not cranking(no pun intended). I poke around under the hood and find the charge wire from Alterantor unhooked. I was fixing the wire as a cop drove up and asked if all was ok. She sorta hid in the car and we just said were trying to get the car started. Cop drove off. (coulda, woulda, shoulda) So we tell her we think we fixed it, pushed her down the street and bump started her off.
Sad part was she told us she'd just dropped her daughter off and was trying to get to a party along with about 90 other non-essential tales.....ya know, tweekers can talk a 100mph and still not say much.........
Its nasty shit....................ruins teeth, skin and people in general.

Freak
03-02-2005, 08:16 AM
How can you tell if someone is a tweaker? Other than physical stuff..

mbrown2
03-02-2005, 08:52 AM
I know a person very close to me that was on it for years and addicted to coke/crack before that...lived out of Motels, I even had to take his two girls 7 & 9 into my home and raise them for a couple years, cause he and the mom lost them due to Meth addiction.
He has been clean and living a productive life for over 4 years. That stuff is focked.

Flying Tiger
03-02-2005, 08:56 AM
The Meth users I know constantly pick at sores on their neck, waving their hand around their ear between picks.
They sound like they have a cold all the time, often using a thumb on a nostril to take a breath through their nose..
Constantly drinking ice water.
Jekyl and Hyde instant mood changes.
Their face expression suddenly takes on a shape like they're in a wind tunnel.

mirvin
03-02-2005, 03:03 PM
You can just tell :notam: Usually they won't look you in the eyes. If they do you can see the speed lines running through thier brains. If you talk to them they just aren't able to tell a straight story.
Tweakers suck.
mirvin

Her454
03-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Jekyl and Hyde instant mood changes.
Their face expression suddenly takes on a shape like they're in a wind tunnel.
ROTFLMAO................................... :D :D

Forkin' Crazy
03-02-2005, 09:18 PM
I know a person very close to me that was on it for years and addicted to coke/crack before that...lived out of Motels, I even had to take his two girls 7 & 9 into my home and raise them for a couple years, cause he and the mom lost them due to Meth addiction.
He has been clean and living a productive life for over 4 years. That stuff is focked.
Well......... all I can say is you're a good man! I know the kids feel the same way!!!!
My hat's off to you!!!:)

Seadog
03-03-2005, 07:18 AM
The big problem is the mom-and-pop meth labs. It is costing rural areas a bundle to find and clean up. Add the fact that every now and then they explode. After having three OHPs killed by tweakers, Oklahoma finally decided to cutoff the Sudafed, making it a class 5 drug. Meth lab busts have dropped by 60% and most of them are near the bordering states. It has become a model that 37 states and the feds are looking to copy. Unfortunately, 80% of meth is made in CA and Mexican labs.