PDA

View Full Version : launch in Havasu

vegas daytona
02-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I am up in Vegas and plan on going to Havasu for the first time tomorrow (Sunday). Where is the best place to launch and how do I get there? I will be bringing my 1989 24' daytona. 1996 454 mag with some work + headers and Rex Mufflers. I have been hearing alot of hasseling for noise in Havasu and would to like to avoid any issues or delays.
Also, where is the hot spot to head to once on the lake.
Thanks for some input from you regulars at Havasu.

Mrs.Racer277
02-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Windsor Beach or Site Six should both be easy on a Sunday.
Site six is on the island. Go down Beachcomber Blvd. Can't miss it.
I think Windsor is off London Bridge Road. Not 100% sure.
Have Fun. :)

vegas daytona
02-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the advise. Sure helps when I get lost if I atleast have a destination to look for.

mtndewdrops
02-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Take 95 South into LHC
Right on Industrial (like TAB said) There is a Ford dealership on the right side, you can't miss it. Once you make the right turn, the launch is straight ahead a couple of blocks.
I prefer to select a lane in the middle and not near the jetty.

vegas daytona
02-26-2005, 03:38 PM
You guys are a great help. I hope I can make some friends to meet up with on future trips. Where should I head once on the Lake?
I have heard it can get rough on spring afternoons down there. I'm running a 24' Daytona. Do you think this is an issue or is it similiar to Mead when it blows?

Kachina26
02-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Keep an eye out for Gary aka Force 26! He's gonna be out on the water breaking in his new baby.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/16521024_boat_show1083.jpg
If you launch at Windsor, use the north ramp. It is better for the bigger boats. Sandbar is cool, but if it's your first trip to the zoo, I would recommend following someone up there. There's plenty of lake south of Windsor, maybe you can make a run down down to Havasu Springs for some grub. It's on the far south end of the lake, about 20 or so miles down from Windsor. No real obstacles to deal with that way. The water is a little brown right now when you get way down there, but don't worry, it's plenty deep.
Have fun
K26

Mrs.Racer277
02-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Keep an eye out for Gary aka Force 26! He's gonna be out on the water breaking in his new baby.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/16521024_boat_show1083.jpg
If you launch at Windsor, use the north ramp. It is better for the bigger boats. Sandbar is cool, but if it's your first trip to the zoo, I would recommend following someone up there. There's plenty of lake south of Windsor, maybe you can make a run down down to Havasu Springs for some grub. It's on the far south end of the lake, about 20 or so miles down from Windsor. No real obstacles to deal with that way. The water is a little brown right now when you get way down there, but don't worry, it's plenty deep.
Have fun
K26
Oh wow wish I was there to see Gary's boat hit the water. She is beautiful. :D