PDA

View Full Version : msd 6al

460 jus getn it
02-28-2005, 08:02 AM
i need to mount my 6al box in a different place. i had it in the back of the boat and i think it some how it got wet. i have a new one now but dont want to put it in the same spot. does anyone have pics of where they have theirs mounted. i was thinkins some where up front, close to the engine.....

sanger rat
02-28-2005, 09:44 AM
I mounted mine under that back seat about one inch off the floor. Where ever you mount it make sure you mount it flat with the face up so if it does get wet it the water will drain out and dry up. And use the rubber mounts too. My 2 cents.

Taylorman
02-28-2005, 10:12 AM
I mounted mine on the transom up under the cap. My hull has a 2x4 near the top of the transom. The top of the boat covers it and i attached the MSD box to a flat piece of steel and screwed that piece of steel to the 2x4. It can't get wet when people get in the boat dripping water. I enter the boat from the back via the pump and ive never had a problem with the box. This picture is before i mounted it there but you can see where it is. Its mounted behind that fuel selector valve.
Engine Picture (http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=587)

460 jus getn it
02-28-2005, 04:19 PM
where are all the pics at. i was thinking about putting up front an the driver side of the block. i have a bbf 460. any pics will help....................

wrenchdaddy
02-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Mine is under the gunnel on the passenger side beside the back seat so it won't wet.

riverbound
02-28-2005, 06:54 PM
have a rear bench on my boat and the box is mounted to the back of the seat. Its also a covered engine so not too much likelihood of it getting wet.

Willis
02-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Hello people,
I mounted my box under the transom and itÂ’s never been wet from over splash :notam:
Willis

NAMarine
02-28-2005, 08:37 PM
I talked to MSD and they said you can put it anywhere you want and extend the wiring, go up one wire size. I installed mine under the dash next to the stereo amp and no noise in stereo and no running problems. Will post pics tommorrow.