PDA

View Full Version : Race Season Is Here - Who's Going? NJBA

Willis
02-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Hello every one,
Just wanted to say we will welcome all who wants to know!
Bring a friend, or a challenger :eek:
and we will give the true winner by the clocks :eek:
Come out and lets have some fun!!
1st Race - March 19-20, 2005 @ Ming
Willis

Cs19
02-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Willis, if everything goes as planned I will be there.I have not decided on what class yet, will be either a bracket or RR.
Are you ready Willis?
CS

Willis
03-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Chris,
:argue:
What ever class you decide to run, you will do fine.
:messedup:
"Just do it".
Your numbers look good for several classes, back out of the power and step down a half second and go for the 9.5 title. :jawdrop:
You are right there according to your numbers.
Willis

bp
03-01-2005, 12:21 PM
i'llbthere ;)

Squirtin Thunder
03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Very interesting :coffeycup

moneysucker
03-01-2005, 01:32 PM
I will probably not be there for the march race but should be out for Apr. I should be working in LA by then and will be able to get to the boat every weekend then. We will see. I am working on installing a pop off now, then I won't have to wory about any of the safety requirements. I might spectate though, Ming is 1/2 way to my house.

bp
03-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Very interesting :coffeycup
what?

77charger
03-01-2005, 08:37 PM
might make it to spectate.but have plans to make a couple of races this year just to play.hope it works out i do miss the driving duties :cool:

Cs19
03-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Hope you make it back out Robert.
Willis, your absolutly right, i could slide into 9.50s and be competitive, but im not at the point where i want to slow the boat down and settle with what I have, i want to keep trying different hardware settings, learning, having fun and hopefully I can click off a 9.0 in the good air, best et so far was a 9.12, so Im pretty close, and it runs consistantly in the teens in good air, so thats my goal for now. :cool:
see you guys soon, BP save me a spot :cool:
CS

UBFJ #454
03-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Mike, Aaron, Stan and I plan to be there for the 1st Race ... Seeking Consistient Mid To Upper 7's.
Boat's equipment mounting hardware has been throughly gone through and reinstalled with all new nuts & bolts, wiring has all been sheilded put into a loom, bottom mod has been completed (this generation), loaders have been 'adjusted' to new bottom, new bottom hardware done, New 'Krewe' Gear & Boat Vinyls being made, WesTech Dyno Date set for 10 March, Reinstall 'Ms. MoneyPenny', 11 March ... Car Show Display (For Sponsor), 12 March here in Phoenix ... Leave for Ming, Morning of 18 March arriving our 'Normal' Time.
See You'all There!

Squirtin Thunder
03-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Your numbers look good for several classes, back out of the power and step down a half second and go for the 9.5 title.
i'llbthere
Very interesting
what?
I could slide into 9.50s and be competitive, but im not at the point where i want to slow the boat down and settle with what I have, i want to keep trying different hardware settings, learning, having fun and hopefully I can click off a 9.0 in the good air, best et so far was a 9.12, so Im pretty close, and it runs consistantly in the teens in good air, so thats my goal for now.
Well this is very interesting reading. :coffeycup
:crossx: But I just hope to make it !!! :crossx:
Good Luck to all !!!!

Willis
03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
March 2, 2005
:jawdrop:
Hello every one,
Just wanted to remind our veteran racers that our club is trying to grow.
Help us help ourselves by encouraging the experienced racer to enter the correct category and/or brackets for competition.
And to our River Racers, you must past tech to “Watch the lights”. :idea:
Wilis

MudPumper
03-02-2005, 07:20 PM
I'll be there to spectate and w hore myslef out to any of my river buddies who need help in the pits.

Squirtin Thunder
03-02-2005, 07:23 PM
March 2, 2005
Hello every one,
Help us help ourselves by encouraging the experienced racer to enter the correct category and/or brackets for competition.
Wilis
This is going to be a great year for the NJBA I believe !!!

BLEWBAYOU1
03-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Mike, Aaron, Stan and I plan to be there for the 1st Race ... Seeking Consistient Mid To Upper 7's.
Boat's equipment mounting hardware has been throughly gone through and reinstalled with all new nuts & bolts, wiring has all been sheilded put into a loom, bottom mod has been completed (this generation), loaders have been 'adjusted' to new bottom, new bottom hardware done, New 'Krewe' Gear & Boat Vinyls being made, WesTech Dyno Date set for 10 March, Reinstall 'Ms. MoneyPenny', 11 March ... Car Show Display (For Sponsor), 12 March here in Phoenix ... Leave for Ming, Morning of 18 March arriving our 'Normal' Time.
See You'all There!
Looks like you have every thing well planned out. I wish I new what I was doing two days from now.
Good luck this season! God Speed to all!
Brian :cool:

bp
03-02-2005, 09:21 PM
see you guys soon, BP save me a spot :cool:
CS
yeah, u betcha :D i'll have a spot for ya, and have the rags and polish all ready for ya when ya roll in :D
the only thing i have left to do is change the insert. i'm savin' that for ya too. i'll watch.. :D :D don't worry, i won't touch nuthin :D :D :D :jawdrop:
i'll try to assist with a little techin friday afternoon, whilst cs looks my insert over... :D

LakesOnly
03-02-2005, 09:37 PM
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/8A/04/35862922-93b3-00B90110-.jpg
What you talkin' 'bout, Willis!
LO

steelcomp
03-02-2005, 10:14 PM
I'll be there, boatless, though. (For now) Glad to help out any way I can. If anyone thinks they might need an extra hand, let me knnow ahead of time. Hey bp...put my name on a couple o' dem rags. I'll put 'em to good use. :D Looking forward to seeing the action get under way again...hopefully I'll be able to get in a run or two this year, but if not, I'll have fun watching, listening, learning. :D
Chris...you ought to be able to run that number...just keep after it. :wink:
Watch the lights!!

UBFJ #454
03-03-2005, 06:34 AM
BLEWBAYOU1 -
Yep, we 'think' we have things 'Planned' Pretty Well ... But who 'Really Knows'... With Life the way it is, we may well have to 'Adjust' our 'Plans' to accommodate the unforeseen which could arise between now and going into the water Saturday Morning, the 19th ... Isn't that part of what makes Life & Racing Interesting? Wouldn't want to get 'Bored' would we?
Thanks for your Well Wishes ...

mj680
03-03-2005, 12:58 PM
March 2, 2005
Hello every one,
Wilis
WILLIS...WHAT IS THE CORRECT CLASS FOR A 482 CI MOTOR WITH
PRO STOCK TYPE HEADS ??? :) :) :)

bp
03-03-2005, 02:07 PM
WILLIS...WHAT IS THE CORRECT CLASS FOR A 482 CI MOTOR WITH
PRO STOCK TYPE HEADS ??? :) :) :)
blown gas jet :smile:

Willis
03-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Ron,
Here are two classes you may want to look at. I am sure you will find some one to play with!
:smile:
PRO GAS JET - PGJ Pro Gas Jets are intended to be jet boats used specifically for racing and limited only to maintain a similarity in racing equipment. GENERAL 1. Any modification to boat, engine or jet, not specifically prohibited, is permitted. 2. Fuel is restricted to racing gasoline. See General Racing Rules (pg. 16). ENGINE 1. Maximum engine displacement is 515 cubic inches. 2. Engine must be normally aspirated.
UNBLOWN FUEL JET - UBFJ Unblown Fuel Jets are intended to be jet boats used specifically for racing, and limited only to maintain a similarity in racing equipment. GENERAL 1. Any type of fuel other than gasoline under 516 C.I.D. is permitted. 2. Nitrous oxide is permitted. ENGINE 1. Minimum engine displacement, if running gas only, is 516 C.I.D. 2. Maximum engine displacement is 670 cubic inches.
Willis

mj680
03-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Ron,
Here are two classes you may want to look at. I am sure you will find some one to play with!
:smile:
PRO GAS JET - PGJ Pro Gas Jets are intended to be jet boats used specifically for racing and limited only to maintain a similarity in racing equipment. GENERAL 1. Any modification to boat, engine or jet, not specifically prohibited, is permitted. 2. Fuel is restricted to racing gasoline. See General Racing Rules (pg. 16). ENGINE 1. Maximum engine displacement is 515 cubic inches. 2. Engine must be normally aspirated.
UNBLOWN FUEL JET - UBFJ Unblown Fuel Jets are intended to be jet boats used specifically for racing, and limited only to maintain a similarity in racing equipment. GENERAL 1. Any type of fuel other than gasoline under 516 C.I.D. is permitted. 2. Nitrous oxide is permitted. ENGINE 1. Minimum engine displacement, if running gas only, is 516 C.I.D. 2. Maximum engine displacement is 670 cubic inches.
Willis
HI WILLIS...MY NEW MOTOR IS TO SMALL FOR UNBLOWN FUEL JET (516CID
MINIMUM ON GAS ) MAYBE I CAN GET A BLOWER AT A GOOD PRICE AND PLAY WITH YOU GUYS. :) :) :) RON

Willis
03-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Come on.
We Will welcome you
Willis

bp
03-03-2005, 07:03 PM
482 sounds pro limited to me, so that must be a mod jet. :cry: there's gottabe a hairdryer or sumthin you could plug into that thing :confused:
what happened to the comp motor? where were ya for the finals? ya coulda spanked em. water was great.

Fogged Gullwing
03-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I'll be there watching too! :frown: I'm trying for april as well.
Good luck!!!!!
BP For another championship!
Bear For another championship!
CS19 You'll do well chris!!!
Willis Do you own stock in that pop off valve company??????? Or did you buy the pop off saver bag???
And everyone else!!!!
See ya up there Scott are you there for the weekend or for the day?
Can't wait!!
BK

bp
03-03-2005, 08:27 PM
whoa, thanks bk, but i'm just trying to provide some friendly competition for anyone that would like to join me out on the rope :rolleyes:
maybe a blown daytona (pink even), or flatty or ?? heck, i just need to try some stuff... :mix:
willis will have a trouble free year. positive thoughts. positive thinking...

bp
03-03-2005, 08:28 PM
.... and sunday showdown will run blown gas.. :D

steelcomp
03-03-2005, 09:32 PM
I'll be there watching too! :frown: I'm trying for april as well.
Good luck!!!!!
BP For another championship!
Bear For another championship!
CS19 You'll do well chris!!!
Willis Do you own stock in that pop off valve company??????? Or did you buy the pop off saver bag???
And everyone else!!!!
See ya up there Scott are you there for the weekend or for the day?
Can't wait!!
BK
Hey BK...probably there for the weekend. We'll see how it goes. C ya there.

Willis
03-05-2005, 05:51 AM
Fogged,
I purchased 10 shares of Pop-off and 10 on p-tons
Willis

Fogged Gullwing
03-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Willis,
You probably don't remember who I am but I'm buddy's with Kim Burns who crewed for Jim Brock I wasn't triying to make fun of you just trying to make light of a situation. You've got a bitchen boat and hope you do well!!!!!! Good luck for the season!! I'll stop bye and say Hi!
BK

BUSBY
03-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Willis ... Brian Busby here ...
You know that Fuentes and I will be there ... but I'll be a little busy w/ my own boat (My Alcohol Hydro, not the BFJ) and other duties if you know what I mean. Ron has freshened it up and put some more boost into it, but I know he's ready to go toe to toe. We're expecting 7.80's :devil: :notam:
We do need a bigger field in BGJ though. Anyone and everyone should step up. They need the company. It's not fun in a 3-4 boat field ... this class used to run 7-8 boats, now we're lucky to get 5. Tom won a 2nd place last year w/ a 11 second boat. So it's really anyones race.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there, I spoke to Don Harris also ... he's going to hit a few races this year.
See you all there!
BB

bp
03-08-2005, 08:00 PM
brian, lets be fair here. tom took a second with a 9.50 boat, not 11 second :D . and besides, it's getting better.
i'm hoping to see jim sampica bring his lake boat out and make some laps. he could help spice things up a bit :D

BUSBY
03-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Sorry Bob (or should I appologize to Tom) ... you're right ... I looked back on the time slips ... I stand corrected.
I agree ... Sampica needs to bring it on and have some fun. I know of 4-6 blown gas jets out there locally that just will not step up and join / participate. I have tried to talk a couple of friends of mine into coming out and they don't think they have a chance. My point was to show it doesn't have to be a 7 - 8 second boat to win or place ... as you know, anything can happen out on the track. And with the way Ron, Willis, Don & Harold run (or ran for Harold) ... parts are always a flyin' ... so they don't always make it down the track.
Ron and I will be there Thursday night & I think Don & Laura Harris will also ... you too?
BB

steelcomp
03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Who's running BAJ? What's the class like? I heard only one boat?
What about the 8.50 class??

Fogged Gullwing
03-08-2005, 08:51 PM
There you go scott
A one boat field sounds like a challenge? I still think you should run BGJ you can still run that enderle bird catcher on gas!!!! :220v:
BK

steelcomp
03-08-2005, 09:18 PM
There you go scott
A one boat field sounds like a challenge? I still think you should run BGJ you can still run that enderle bird catcher on gas!!!! :220v:
BK
Never done my own alky deal. Doing it for the fun of doing it...easier on parts, more power potential, way cheaper. This is going to be more lake/river hot rod...might run Ming. I have a long way to go on the project, although, I did get my blower and manifold, Brooks rods, .100 long valves, today. Bought Enderle pump, shut off and high speed bypass last night. Next is hat and assembly. Still need pistons and cam, pushrods, rockers, oil pan. I machined my intake so it's ready to go in, and got a good deal on a stainless A that I need to send to Jack. Also need an inducer and Jetaway, so you see, I have a lot to get, and a lot to do. :D

Fogged Gullwing
03-08-2005, 09:30 PM
I feel your pain Just got the jeta way/ inducer /17-4 shaft/ Grand total 2500.00. Today Hitachi starter 182.00 Canton accusump 150.00 steel braid and fitting's 500.00 plus and more around the corner!!!!! :rollside:
Let's rob a 7-11 :devil:
Just Kidding BK

BUSBY
03-09-2005, 08:54 AM
NJBA doesn't differ Fuel from Alcohol ... all run Blown Fuel Jet. This is the reason I purchased my Hydro, there was no-one to run. Frank Nagore has decided to only run IHBA, Harold Bruce Jr. sold his boat, Bill Rathke has also moved over to a Hydro ... therefore I have jumped ship also, it gets depressing awaiting for others to switch to run the class. And as Fogged stated, what's the challange in running yourself?
As far as the 8.50 class, it's one of the biggest and most competitive ... flats, jets & hydros. A fun class ... check out November's results:
http://www.njbaracing.net/results/2004/11/8_50_8_99.php
Not to change the subject, but I have my boat (jet) out here for sale, and I'm now thinking of piecing it out instead of selling it whole. I could save people out there a lot of money ... full race pump w/ shaft fresh from Tom Papp, inducer & a/b inpeller ... proven 7.40 second pump, Nelson Pop off valve, 5 gal. fuel cell, center cable steering, pedal assy's, center steer seat w/ bracket ... etc. you can check out the pic's in the gallery. I know the stuff is in mint condition and is a waste just sitting there ... would like to turn someone onto it.
Anyways, SC ... get your ride together and bring it out, it going to be a good year for NJBA, the HOT BOAT magazine editor Mike Finnegan had done a story on his experiences last year and has a new ride coming out this year. This has boosted interest in So Cal again and we should have a larger turn out.
Well ... enough ramblings from me ... we'll see you all out there.
BB