PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear who owns Citgo gas stations???

Daytona19
04-23-2006, 02:28 AM
I was listining to a radio show a few days ago and the author of a book on US relations made a statement that kind of blew me away. He said that Hugo Chaves ( spelling may be incorrect ) prime minister of Venasula (spelling again) was the owner of citgo gas. The government of Venasula is in bed with Iran and has made statements that if the US government goes to was with Iran over their neuclear program that they will fight and stand with Iran. If the Citgo gas thing is true I feel Citgo should be thrown out of the USA and for one I will never buy gas there again. (Sorry about my spelling ) Can anyone confirm this????

Rexone
04-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Can anyone confirm this????
Yes your spelling needs a little work. :D

Rexone
04-23-2006, 02:31 AM
That's interesting, I'd like to know about Citgo as well if that's the case.

Sleek-Jet
04-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Citgo is a subsidiary of the Venezuelan national oil company. Chaves doesn't personally own Citgo, but his Gov't does.
After some of the things that blow-hard Chaves has said in the past year or so, I'd just as soon pay 5.00 a gallon for gas than buy any oil for Venezuela. Of course, I don't get to make those decisions, so for now, I just don't buy any gas at a Citgo station.

Brooski
04-23-2006, 10:04 AM
From Wikipedia:
Citgo Petroleum Corporation or Citgo is a United States oil refiner and marketer of gasoline, lubricants, petrochemicals and other petroleum products owned by PDV America Incorporated, a subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, the national oil company of Venezuela and is active in attempts to gain control of some markets. The Citgo gasoline brand was inaugurated in 1965 by the Cities Service Company, an energy company that first rose to prominence in the early 1900s. Cities Service Company was acquired by Occidental Petroleum Corporation in 1982. That same year, Cities Service Company transferred all of the assets of its Refining, Marketing and Transportation division (which comprised its refining and retail petroleum business) into the newly formed Citgo Petroleum Corporation subsidiary, to ease the divestiture of the division. In 1983, Citgo and the Citgo brand was sold by Occidental to Southland Corporation, owners of the 7-Eleven chain of convenience stores; 50% was sold to Petróleos de Venezuela in 1986, and the remainder in 1990. As of 2004, it is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with over 4,000 employees and annual revenue in excess of $32 billion. Citgo also supplies 14,000 independent retailers. Before relocating its headquarters to Houston, Citgo was headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. (Cities Service Company continued on under various Occidental names as a part of OXY's domestic exploration and production business, but all Cities Service trademarks are now owned by Citgo.)
A number of 7-Eleven stores in the U.S. are licensed to sell motor fuel and lubricants under the Citgo brand.

GRUNION
04-23-2006, 10:26 AM
I think we should stop buying gas from them. It would also be nice to know who we should buy gas from. Any ideas? It would be nice to support someone in the US instead of other countries.

Daytona19
04-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Yes your spelling needs a little work. :D
Thanks smartass!!!!
LOL - :p

Howie Feltersnatch
04-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Congratulations Sherlock! Welcome to 1986.

GHT
04-23-2006, 01:40 PM
They have an annual revenue of $32B. Does the phrase "Emptying the ocean with a teaspoon" mean anything to you?
Maybe you and all your friends could stop using Windows too. ;)
Damn SWB.... you gotta start somewhere??.. I just got my teaspoon out and found a second if you want one... See how that works...?? :rolleyes: TWO TEASPOONS AT A TIME.. For all those whom don't understand... I just doubled production in the emptying of the ocean.. :) :D :hammerhea

GHT
04-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks smartass!!!!
LOL - :p
At least you spelled "Smartass" correctly.. Not bad.. :220v: :hammerhea :hammerhea

GHT
04-23-2006, 01:49 PM
There's no way in hell I'm giving up Slurpees. Sorry.
How about Windows??? I'm "Next day Airing" your teaspoon.. I will need help on this one... :) :)

JMC
04-23-2006, 01:52 PM
There's no way in hell I'm giving up Slurpees. Sorry.
That is the most fulfilling thing I have heard all weekend!

redneckcharlie
04-23-2006, 01:56 PM
you guys can play with your spoons all you want. i'm gonna go get me a fricken bucket! :2purples:

GHT
04-23-2006, 02:02 PM
you guys can play with your spoons all you want. i'm gonna go get me a fricken bucket! :2purples:
You must be a BIG BALLER to have a bucket... Now Citgo should be shakin' in their boots.. Empty the ocean with a bucket... Bet you haven't thought about where you'll put all that water.. Duh.. :rolleyes: :)

SmokinLowriderSS
04-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Better avoid Diamond Shamrock stations too as they are property of (and being renamed "Valero") the same Venesuelan Natl Oil Company.

572Daytona
04-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Wait, I thought president Bush owned all of the oil companies. Or at least that's what I heard in another thread :rolleyes:

Brooski
04-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Just read up on Valero, its doesnt say anything about the Venezualan Oil Company owning any part.

NorCal Gameshow
04-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Just read up on Valero, its doesnt say anything about the Venezualan Oil Company owning any part.
this is from valero's website:
"About Valero L.P.
Valero L.P. is a master limited partnership based in San Antonio, with 9,186 miles of pipeline, 89 terminal facilities and four crude oil storage facilities. The partnership has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Netherlands Antilles, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. The partnership’s combined system has approximately 77.7 million barrels of storage capacity, and includes crude oil and refined product pipelines, refined product terminals, petroleum and a specialty liquids storage and terminaling business, as well as crude oil storage tank facilities"