PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout!!!!

all charged up
03-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Well here i sit at home on the damn computer. Doc told me to stay home a nurse the sore body.
4 yrs on my bike and yesterday I became the other type of motor. I hit the ground hard. Damn only 20 mph and i feel like i got run over by a train.

jdf
03-01-2005, 12:38 PM
well pop a pain pill and just relax i hope you get to filling better

all charged up
03-01-2005, 12:39 PM
They gave me muscle relaxers for bed time and an anti-inflamitory. It still hurts. I can't wait till tomorrow. My back got a little twisted.
Thanks

jdf
03-01-2005, 12:42 PM
yea you going to be moving real slow for awhile

Ducatista
03-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Well here i sit at home on the damn computer. Doc told me to stay home a nurse the sore body.
4 yrs on my bike and yesterday I became the other type of motor. I hit the ground hard. Damn only 20 mph and i feel like i got run over by a train.
You mean the type that...."have" gone down? Ouch...street or dirt, what happened? :confused:

all charged up
03-01-2005, 07:51 PM
I was going to back up a patrol unit out with a stolen car taken in an armed robbery. he had 4 occupants in the car and I was only 2 miles away.
Runnin with the lights and everything on, you know, looking cool.
I turned at an intersection and hit a pile of gravel.
Next thing ya know I'm about 15 ft from the bike looking back trying to figure out how I got there. It high-sided and threw me off.
Here is a picture of it laying in the street.

all charged up
03-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Hold on for the phot. Gotta fix it.

all charged up
03-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Can't get it to work. Sorry.

Perfect Mixer
03-01-2005, 08:31 PM
At least you're here to talk about it. A friend of mine lost his partner to a 17 girl that blasted through an intersection.

ChumpChange
03-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I laid my street bike down about four years ago while going to Lake Arrowhead at night. I had pulled in a couple turnouts prior to the fall in order to check directions for where I was going. When I pulled into the third turnout(remember this was at night) at 50mph, I quickly realized that it was not paved like the first two.
As my bike slipped though the gravel not wanting to stop, I had to bail off of it about ten feet before hitting the side of the mountain. I rolled up the mountain with my bike stopping at the base with it’s headlight pointing at me, two feet from my face(wow, that rhymes!).
What upset me was that three cars passed me before one stopped. Do motorists hate bikers that much? I know they probably stopped for you, being on a police bike and all. I know they saw me because my headlight was pointing at me lying in the dirt. Oh well, that’s my story of crashing my bike. Hope you feel better soon.

JustMVG
03-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear about the high side, but a little pain is better than no pain forever, glad you're still with us. Take care, MikeVG

JustMVG
03-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Ducatsist, have you been out yet? I got out yesterday and went up the 15 to the 138 went east for about 10 miles got turned around by the CHP and had to come back, nice ride a little dusty here and there but i got that itch ti get back to the twisties, all that rain had me all twitchy to get out and get some road work.....

JetBoatRich
03-02-2005, 08:49 AM
I know the feeling :burningm: I ent down last Sunday and broke my Collar bone in 4 locations :mad:
Take care and relax for the next few days :idea:

Ducatista
03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I was going to back up a patrol unit out with a stolen car taken in an armed robbery. he had 4 occupants in the car and I was only 2 miles away.
Runnin with the lights and everything on, you know, looking cool.
I turned at an intersection and hit a pile of gravel.
Next thing ya know I'm about 15 ft from the bike looking back trying to figure out how I got there. It high-sided and threw me off.
Here is a picture of it laying in the street.
Glad you are guna be ok....on the bright side, at least it wasn't you're personal bike! :smile:

Ducatista
03-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Ducatsist, have you been out yet? I got out yesterday and went up the 15 to the 138 went east for about 10 miles got turned around by the CHP and had to come back, nice ride a little dusty here and there but i got that itch ti get back to the twisties, all that rain had me all twitchy to get out and get some road work.....
Hey Mike, nope, I am waiting for clear skies and clean roads. She is covered in the garage ready to roll, ready for duc huntin season! :p