PDA

View Full Version : How do I...

AvengerBabe
03-01-2005, 02:06 PM
register a golf cart?? How much does it cost? Should I do it in CA or in AZ?

djunkie
03-01-2005, 02:16 PM
I want to do the same thing but I am not sure where is better. I know you will need all the things that a car has.....headlights, tailights, brake lights, turn signals, license plate light, windshield, rear view mirror, horn, insurance, and in cali. you need seatbelts. Not sure about az. If I forgot anything anyone feel free to add to it as I am buying all this stuff.

AvengerBabe
03-01-2005, 02:40 PM
What if I just wanted to register it as an offroad vehicle? Would I need turn signals and a license plate and whatnot?

casean
03-01-2005, 04:23 PM
What if I just wanted to register it as an offroad vehicle? Would I need turn signals and a license plate and whatnot?
We have our cart registered as an off-road vehicle in California. You only need front and rear lights in order to register it as an off-road vehicle. All I had to do was take it down to the DMV and let them inspect it. Basically they matched up the serial number on the paperwork with the one on the cart.

AvengerBabe
03-01-2005, 04:42 PM
We have our cart registered as an off-road vehicle in California. You only need front and rear lights in order to register it as an off-road vehicle. All I had to do was take it down to the DMV and let them inspect it. Basically they matched up the serial number on the paperwork with the one on the cart.
Haha! I posted this to avoid you having to deal with James and my thousands of questions about the cart, but it looks like my golf cart guru has come through again! :D Thanks Sean, we'll just end up doing that-- sounds easy.

casean
03-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Haha! I posted this to avoid you having to deal with James and my thousands of questions about the cart, but it looks like my golf cart guru has come through again! :D Thanks Sean, we'll just end up doing that-- sounds easy.
I don't mind answering any of your or James's questions. :D Honestly, I would have answered this question even if you weren't the one that posted it. It never hurts to pass info along.
It was fairly easy to register as an off-road vehicle. We also have the name of a certain DMV office that will register your cart hassle free. I'll work on getting that info for you guys.

GrapeApe
03-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Melissa... You will still get in trouble at Martinez on the Paved Roads if you only have it Registered as a Off Road Vechicle. You need a License plate, and Liability Insurance.. I am getting the new Golf Cart Registered Next Friday down in IB at one of those Privately owned Registration shops.. They will still need to inspect the Cart... You dont need turn Signals, just front & Rear lights...
*** Grape Ape ***

AvengerBabe
03-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Melissa... You will still get in trouble at Martinez on the Paved Roads if you only have it Registered as a Off Road Vechicle. You need a License plate, and Liability Insurance.. I am getting the new Golf Cart Registered Next Friday down in IB at one of those Privately owned Registration shops.. They will still need to inspect the Cart... You dont need turn Signals, just front & Rear lights...
*** Grape Ape ***
Hmm, good to know. We don't need anyone giving us a hassle out there... We were definetly going to get insurance on it anyway because of the accident Memo had last year.

SD MIKEY
03-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Grape is right, you need a plate or you will have problems. Must have insurance too.

svlperry
03-03-2005, 12:36 AM
just to let u guys know u can insure your golf cart thru your home owners insurance

GLDI8HR
03-03-2005, 06:22 AM
There is a place in Lemon Grove that will Register your golf cart. All you have to do is take your cart to them so they can see the numbers on it and then sign a paper.

AvengerBabe
03-03-2005, 08:20 AM
There is a place in Lemon Grove that will Register your golf cart. All you have to do is take your cart to them so they can see the numbers on it and then sign a paper.
That sounds easy. They register it with the DMV? Do you know the name of the place in Lemon Grove? Thanks!

GLDI8HR
03-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Yes, they register it with the DMV. I will try and get the name for today.

AvengerBabe
03-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Thank you!

djunkie
03-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Yes, they register it with the DMV. I will try and get the name for today.
Is this for a green sticker or for the street? I just heard that Ca. won't let you register gas carts for the street so now it looks like I gonna do it in Az.

GLDI8HR
03-03-2005, 01:00 PM
It was for the street. it was a couple of years ago, so i don't know if the law changed..

GLDI8HR
03-03-2005, 03:19 PM
AvengerBabe, the name of the registration place is McKee's auto registration the address is 7955 broadway lemon grove phone # 619-698-8818. hope this helps.
What kind of cart did you get?

AvengerBabe
03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
AvengerBabe, the name of the registration place is McKee's auto registration the address is 7955 broadway lemon grove phone # 619-698-8818. hope this helps.
What kind of cart did you get?
We set up a cart with South Coast Customs (Casean). Its a gas cart and we bought the orange body from his cart right now. Thanks for all of your info, I hope this isnt going to be a huge hassle! I'm a little worried.... :frown:

GLDI8HR
03-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Let me know how it goes.