PDA

View Full Version : Woman Jumps

MsDrmr
03-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Did yal hear of the woman who jumped off the 5 and 57 (or55)frwy this am? They don't know why, but she drove her car on the bridge, parked it, got out, walked over and jumped. Yikes, can things really be that bad?

Essex502
03-02-2005, 09:12 AM
In her mind it was - but then it was obviously a sick mind.

barbigrl
03-02-2005, 09:17 AM
wow!! So I take it she is dead??

bunny 166
03-02-2005, 09:20 AM
How awful--what a way to go! :( Man, if I was suicidal, jumping off the freeway would not be my first choice.... :(

MsDrmr
03-02-2005, 09:23 AM
wow!! So I take it she is dead??
Yep, they said the coriner (sp??) was on their way.

Her454
03-02-2005, 09:23 AM
Its sad that people feel there is no other way.

superdave013
03-02-2005, 09:37 AM
I can hear the choppers flying around right now.

BarryMac
03-02-2005, 09:47 AM
very sad news...

Jetboatguru
03-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Yikes, can things really be that bad?
If your name is Marcy Hanson, Yes !! :p

MsDrmr
03-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Its sad that people feel there is no other way.
I've been there recently :cry:

Her454
03-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Andrea - its NEVER that bad. There is ALWAYS someone that can help you see through your hard times, a friend, family member or maybe even someone you dont even know. PLEASE dont get so depressed where that is ever an option. Its happened here on the boards before and maybe I could have said something or done something at the time that would have resulted in a different outcome, I'll never know now. You have the rest of your life ahead of you and things will never be as bad as they seem right now. You have alot of friends on here...............
Traci

Tom Brown
03-02-2005, 10:00 AM
No limits, Tony. No limits. :D :D :D

Her454
03-02-2005, 10:01 AM
No Mercy for Marcy here..................harsh..... :)

Screaming Pete
03-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Did yal hear of the woman who jumped off the 5 and 57 (or55)frwy this am? They don't know why, but she drove her car on the bridge, parked it, got out, walked over and jumped. Yikes, can things really be that bad?
to bad it wasn't my neighbor :cry:

Tom Brown
03-02-2005, 10:05 AM
You're among friends here. :cool:

That Guy
03-02-2005, 10:12 AM
It was horrible....I drove by just after she jumped and she was definitely dead. Still laying in the street with only CHP on the scene and the paramedics were still driving up behind me. A terrible thing and not fun to see. :confused:

Sherpa
03-02-2005, 10:24 AM
so she jumped onto a freeway-? infront of cars and shit-? yuck..
--Sherpa

phebus
03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm with you, but I have a loving wife, and a beautifull loving daughter that I would never put through all the pain.

MsDrmr
03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I know I am among friends, and I can't thank you enough.
Traci, thank you for your words, I have felt like that, but I have a wonderful 11yr old boy that keeps me going everyday. Truth is, I made a grave mistake of making the mr "my life" instead of just "part" of it. I will never again do that. (I could care less to ever have another relationship ever again).

racecar.hotshoe
03-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I know I am among friends, and I can't thank you enough.
Traci, thank you for your words, I have felt like that, but I have a wonderful 11yr old boy that keeps me going everyday. Truth is, I made a grave mistake of making the mr "my life" instead of just "part" of it. I will never again do that. (I could care less to ever have another relationship ever again).
Cheer up girl summer is almost here!And we love ya, :D

Her454
03-02-2005, 10:36 AM
I will never again do that. (I could care less to ever have another relationship ever again).
Just use them for sex. :D :supp: Sometimes that's all they're good for. :D

diggler
03-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Use me Traci!!!! :D :D

rivrbrat
03-02-2005, 10:38 AM
If you don't mind me asking what freeways did she jump from?

Her454
03-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Use me Traci!!!! :D :D
LMAO.... I just couldn't disrepect you like that Dirk! :D

jdf
03-02-2005, 10:40 AM
for some of us sex is all we need

racecar.hotshoe
03-02-2005, 10:40 AM
"YOU RANG" :coffeycup :D

topless
03-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Use me Traci!!!! :D :DShe's use you up and spit you out!!!! :D

MsDrmr
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
sometimes is right, and then sometimes they are not even good for that :D

racecar.hotshoe
03-02-2005, 10:49 AM
THAT JUST AINT RIGHT! :hammerhea

jdf
03-02-2005, 10:50 AM
come on we are good for pissing you off and dirtying up the house and being a jacka$$$ :D :D

Her454
03-02-2005, 10:50 AM
When they are not even good for that anymore........they are history. Learn that and you'll be ok girl......LOL ;) You need to live for yourself anyway and what is good for YOU......there's batteries to take care of the rest until you get your head on straight. :D

MsDrmr
03-02-2005, 11:00 AM
When they are not even good for that anymore........they are history. Learn that and you'll be ok girl......LOL ;) You need to live for yourself anyway and what is good for YOU......there's batteries to take care of the rest until you get your head on straight. :D
I wont need to worry about batteries, (I have never had much of a sex drive without a partner, with one though, watch out)
My head will straighten out soon enough I hope, get outta the house I was married in, find a good place to raise my son and learn to live for me.

FMluvswater
03-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Andrea - its NEVER that bad. There is ALWAYS someone that can help you see through your hard times, a friend, family member or maybe even someone you dont even know. PLEASE dont get so depressed where that is ever an option. Its happened here on the boards before and maybe I could have said something or done something at the time that would have resulted in a different outcome, I'll never know now. You have the rest of your life ahead of you and things will never be as bad as they seem right now. You have alot of friends on here...............
Traci
The hardest thing to do from that pit is to reach out for a hand to climb out of it. Some can; many can't or won't. We're only human and we aren't mind readers. We can only say or do something to help if we are aware help is needed and wanted/will be accepted.
I've been in that pit (not recently). The self talk/lies that go with feeling like that can numb your heart and make you not care about the aftermath - justifications and telling yourself that people might be hurt at first but they'll forget you quickly. Life goes on.
You're right though I know in my case the events or perceived badness that put me in that pit were temporary and I nearly ended my life over it. That cute kid in my avatar is my main reason I'm glad I didn't succeed in doing so. He happened to me 3 years later. :) I know now that the good comes back eventually.
I have friends who've lost family to suicide and I've had a friend commit suicide. I feel compassion for both. I haven't forgotten my friend, she is still missed by me and many others. :(

MsDrmr
03-02-2005, 11:08 AM
THAT JUST AINT RIGHT! :hammerhea
Well it's true, some women are not good for that either, yal know that.

Flying Tiger
03-02-2005, 11:12 AM
It happens several times a year around the LA Airport.
Distraught women go out the heliport fire escape door and jump of the roof.
Came across one that landed on the Air Conditioning air intake grates at the Sheraton once. Sad deal.
Another one landed on the roof of the meeting room expansion near the air handlers.
The stout canopies on walkways around the LAX hotels are more to protect guests from jumpers than from the weather.

BarryMac
03-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Did someone say batteries, I'll buy you the Costco sized pack if you just let me watch... :D :D :D

rvrhlic
03-02-2005, 11:19 AM
If you are going to kill yourself, fine, do it. But why do you have to F-up everybody elses morning by causing traffic? I guess I am heartless but it is darwinism at its finest.

Mardonzi
03-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Nothing like a good day out on the water to make you feel better... or even a bad day out on the water...

Tahiti350
03-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Having been there myself (middle of a divorce, depressed and suicidal-not dead), I can understand the thought process people go through. I was seconds away from the end (100+ on the scooter and had the impact spot picked out), and realized that my death would hurt others more than I was hurting at the time. Once I got some help, things got better quickly. 10 years, and I still have some problems with depression, but have the tools to deal with it, and no med's needed.
There were peoiple who tried to help me back then, and I closed them out. It was my problem, and I didn't want to "bother" anyone else with them.
I know have a beautiful young wife, and an awesome 3 y.o. daughter, along with my two teens who come up for the summer. I sometimes think back to all I would have missed if I had gone through with my "plan".
LIFE IS BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE, even when life sucks.
Sorry for rambling, but needed to throw in my $.05.

Her454
03-02-2005, 11:45 AM
If you are going to kill yourself, fine, do it. But why do you have to F-up everybody elses morning by causing traffic? I guess I am heartless but it is darwinism at its finest.
.........I hope that shallow comment never comes back to bite you in the ass.

Party Cat
03-02-2005, 11:47 AM
She's use you up and spit you out!!!! :D
Yah...just ask Jordy.....ROTFLMAO.... :D :D

H20Advantage
03-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Fatal plunge from overpass
Woman dies in fall onto a freeway connector ramp at the 'Orange Crush' interchange.
By JOHN McDONALD
The Orange County Register
ORANGE – A woman died this morning when she jumped from an overpass onto the connector ramp linking the westbound Garden Grove (22) Freeway to the northbound Orange (57) Freeway, officials said.
The incident occurred at about 7:40 a.m. when the unidentified woman jumped and was reportedly hit by a car, California Highway Patrol officials said.
An investigation was under way, and the connector ramp was closed until 10:30 a.m. The Santa Ana (I-5) Freeway, which feeds into the 57 and the 22 at the so-called "Orange Crush" interchange, also was affected

Her454
03-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Yah...just ask Jordy.....ROTFLMAO.... :D :D
Keep your day job, you suck at trying to be a comedian. Jordy had his chance long ago and left me at the keg waiting for the preacher.

jdf
03-02-2005, 11:54 AM
was that a watermelonjello keg????

Party Cat
03-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Keep your day job, you suck at trying to be a comedian. Jordy had his chance long ago and left me at the keg waiting for the preacher.
Who said anything about being a comedian...Jordy's been sleepless since you dumped him...I think he even considered rehab...but heard that the failure rate is pretty high :D :D

Her454
03-02-2005, 12:04 PM
was that a watermelonjello keg????
What else could have got me to the ceremony? Oh...well the blower could have, but he flaked on that too. :)
Who said anything about being a comedian...Jordy's been sleepless since you dumped him...I think he even considered rehab...but heard that the failure rate is pretty high :D :D
I never dumped Jordy, I just got tired of being called a sexy geographically undesirable grandma. :) I had to move on...but he's still my favorite. :D AND I doubt that the Ladies Man has lost any sleep over it or attempted Rehab Hell either..................

Party Cat
03-02-2005, 12:13 PM
AND I doubt that the Ladies Man has lost any sleep over it or attempted Rehab Hell either..................
He has lost sleep....now he's been filling that time drinking....but he has lost sleep :D :D :D

Her454
03-02-2005, 12:15 PM
He has lost sleep....now he's been filling that time drinking....but he has lost sleep :D :D :D
ROTFLMAO........ :wink:

ROZ
03-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Alright, I can understand you're not wanting to disrespect Dirk, but you can disrecpect me all you want :D

callbob4homes
03-02-2005, 12:31 PM
She's use you up and spit you out!!!! :D
Spit..........swallow...........it's all good :)

Unforgiven
03-02-2005, 12:37 PM
I could use some disrespect...when is a good time for you?????

MsDrmr
03-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Did someone say batteries, I'll buy you the Costco sized pack if you just let me watch... :D :D :D
Here we go again :D :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
03-02-2005, 12:45 PM
I could use some disrespect...when is a good time for you?????
Hey call me I need to talk to you. :wink:

Essex502
03-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Though it's not a popular sentiment on the board I agree completely with your point of view. Suicide is your last opportunity for selfishness - running away from your problems instead of dealing with them. I personally have experience with a close relative taking their own life and it absolutely was typical of the selfish idiot. What people want when they commit these suicides so publically is the last hurrah - typical attention ***** (male or female). They get the 15 minutes of fame in the newspaper or the nightly news report posthumously. What they leave behind are the children, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, aunts and uncles - not to mention friends and coworkers who are left grieving.
Complete selfishness.

Jetboatguru
03-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I knew thats why you are quick to kick me out every night

Her454
03-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I knew thats why you are quick to kick me out every night
I kick you out because your selfish and you should know by now, its all about ME. :D

Jetboatguru
03-02-2005, 12:56 PM
You are the first woman I have seen with a "premature problem"

Tom Brown
03-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Suicide is your last opportunity for selfishness - running away from your problems instead of dealing with them.
I fail to see a need to judge people, particularly after they're dead. Anyone who says they've never thought about it is not being truthful.
This is a great group. We support each other. I'll bet this infernal addiction has saved a few folks along the way.
Hey Brian... would this be an appropriate time to post one of those nude pictures you insist on sending me?

Her454
03-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Complete selfishness.
Selfish maybe. But I imagine there are alot of people out there that feel they are not being selfish because there is no one there to care......or for them to take care of any longer and they would be "better off" without the person contemplating suicide. Maybe those that "think" about it have a little more chemical brain balance than those that actually follow through with it? Who know, its sad any way you look at it for those left behind.

Unforgiven
03-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Hey call me I need to talk to you. :wink:
I'm in the process of sending Traci a case of batteries...do you need some too??? I saw a cordless sawzall with a "attachment" thought you might want it for your birthday.... :rolleyes:

Unforgiven
03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Premature problem?"" Tony I thought it was you with a cumin quick problem...oops wait thats the name of my last flatbottom...

Her454
03-02-2005, 01:12 PM
You never seem to complain. Define premature for me sweetheart. :D
I'm in the process of sending Traci a case of batteries..... :rolleyes:
Please send them Fed Ex, Mullet Mountain mail is not the most reliable. :D

Essex502
03-02-2005, 01:17 PM
I fail to see a need to judge people, particularly after they're dead. Anyone who says they've never thought about it is not being truthful.
People are judged at every opportunity. Don't stand there and say you don't judge people.
Any yes I have NEVER contemplated suicide. Suicide is for losers.

Mrs.Racer277
03-02-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm in the process of sending Traci a case of batteries...do you need some too??? I saw a cordless sawzall with a "attachment" thought you might want it for your birthday.... :rolleyes:
Thank you so much of thinking of me. :rolleyes: But the hubby is back in town so all is good. :wink:

Jordy
03-02-2005, 01:22 PM
If you are going to kill yourself, fine, do it. But why do you have to F-up everybody elses morning by causing traffic?
I tend to agree with this (big shock huh?). If you're going to do it, then do it somewhere that only you are going to be affected by it. Think about throwing yourself off a bridge onto a freeway, or running out in traffic. Whoever hits you is going to end up seriously phucked up emotionally, and possibly physically based upon your selfish act. What if the car you end up hitting, or ends up hitting you, is a mom taking her kids to school, or a school bus? Those kids are now scarred for life because you couldn't just down a bottle of sleeping pills and a gallon of booze.
The thing I always wonder about, especially when driving over the Coronado Bridge where every post has a suicide prevention number on it, what happens when you get about halfway down and realize that maybe things weren't so bad? You have a lot of time to second guess yourself there, unlike if you decide to eat a bullet. :frown:
OK, flame away. :jawdrop: :D

Jordy
03-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I never dumped Jordy, I just got tired of being called a sexy geographically undesirable grandma. :) I had to move on...but he's still my favorite. :D AND I doubt that the Ladies Man has lost any sleep over it or attempted Rehab Hell either..................
Ladie's man huh? :D :D :D
You know, if you would have ever showed up where and when you were supposed to, we probably could have removed the geographically undesirable part, but alas, I spent many hours driving around the airport waiting to pick up a passenger who's plane never came in. :D

Tom Brown
03-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Don't stand there and say you don't judge people.
I'm not standing and I try not to.

Her454
03-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Ladie's man huh? :D :D :D
You know, if you would have ever showed up where and when you were supposed to, we probably could have removed the geographically undesirable part, but alas, I spent many hours driving around the airport waiting to pick up a passenger who's plane never came in. :D
Ok Babe, its your story - make it as big as you please. :D

jdf
03-02-2005, 02:14 PM
traci ,,,did you stand him up at the airport

Her454
03-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Only after he stood me up at the altar....................... :cry:

Jordy
03-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Only after he stood me up at the altar....................... :cry:
Hey, it's not my fault you sent me the wrong date and the addresses on the mountain aren't excatly clear. :D

Unforgiven
03-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Thank you so much of thinking of me. :rolleyes: But the hubby is back in town so all is good. :wink:
is he keeping up on the payments??

jdf
03-02-2005, 02:31 PM
bad move on his part a women will never forgive that

Unforgiven
03-02-2005, 02:32 PM
she was at the airport...Jordy just went to the wrong one.....must have been jello shot directions!

Mrs.Racer277
03-02-2005, 02:34 PM
is he keeping up on the payments??
Speaking of payments where are yours?????? :hammerhea :hammerhea

jdf
03-02-2005, 02:36 PM
was she at the watermelon gate

Unforgiven
03-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Speaking of payments where are yours?????? :hammerhea :hammerhea
payments??? how's my room looking for me and my friends for NJBA races??? Can I throw a small party? I'll only invite a few people....a few dozen...maybe I'll anounce it at the races...we can have a big bash saturday night...you know you like to be the center of attention!!!

Mrs.Racer277
03-02-2005, 02:54 PM
payments??? how's my room looking for me and my friends for NJBA races??? Can I throw a small party? I'll only invite a few people....a few dozen...maybe I'll anounce it at the races...we can have a big bash saturday night...you know you like to be the center of attention!!!
Bring it! :2purples: