PDA

View Full Version : Anybody try Gibson mufflers yet?

Big Bear
03-02-2005, 05:45 PM
I just got my Gibson Bullets yesterday. Transom mount, $499 for the pair, look clean. I was told they will mount in place of my stock tips, sure hope so. Anybody gone this route yet? When I mount them should I use the supplied gaskets, a bead of silicon, or both? I think the gasket will show around the edges unless I do alot of trimming. I'm leaning towards the silicon.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-02-2005, 05:49 PM
I would suggest using a bead of silicon no matter what.

Essex502
03-03-2005, 07:28 AM
I just got my Gibson Bullets yesterday. Transom mount, $499 for the pair, look clean. I was told they will mount in place of my stock tips, sure hope so. Anybody gone this route yet? When I mount them should I use the supplied gaskets, a bead of silicon, or both? I think the gasket will show around the edges unless I do alot of trimming. I'm leaning towards the silicon.
Use silicone. Silicon is sand. :D

PHX ATC
03-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Why not trim up the gasket (that just sounds bad :D ) and use some silicone to supplement it. You can't go wrong with the silicone and if they supplied the gasket, trim it up to fit your boat and wallah, overkill!
Never mind Essex502, he's got sand in his shorts, that's why he's soooo sensitive about silicon. :D