PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Cove Nevada Trailer Friendly?

MohaveDriver
03-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know if you can pull a 39' fifth wheel trailer on the dirt road from Hwy 163 to Telephone Cove on the Nevada side just out of Laughlin?
We boat on Mohave from Katherine's and have seen some small trailers in the Telephone Cove area, but I cannot remember seeing any big boys. We have some friends who want to bring out their buggy in the trailer and we are going to meet them with the boat.
Thanks!

XtrmWakeborder
03-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Is there anywhere to ride over there? I'm sure you can do it though, i drive it with my lowered blazer so bumps and dips should be no problem. As far as traction im practically running slicks so ur good there too. Go for it.

DogHouse
03-04-2005, 08:59 PM
As I recall it's a short and good dirt road, maybe 1/2-1 mile or so. My only problem there was that the "ramp" area was so flat I couldn't launch the boat. The cat sits up high on the trailer and I would have had to sink the truck (stock height Dodge 2500 4x4) to get the boat to float!
-brian

MohaveDriver
03-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the info.
I recall seeing some off-road buggies over there early last season, so we will check out the local trails on our first trip of '05. If Xtrm can get to the cove in his lowered rig, than I am sure the F-350 won't have too much of a problem.
Dog, I think we will launch the boat at Katherine's so we don't have to worry about a flat beach launch.
I appreciate the feedback.
Pat

rvrpig
03-07-2005, 11:06 AM
No Way Will You Get A 39 Ft Trailer Down There...it Will Never Make The Corners! Or Between The Rock Opening At The End Of The Road!

MohaveDriver
03-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Pig, have you driven down the road recently? It is a fifth wheel, so it is probably 32 feet behind the bumper. If it can't be done, then do you have an alternative primitive campsite in the area? We really would like to run the buggy in the desert where it is legal.
Thanks.

rvrpig
03-08-2005, 12:52 AM
What are you looking for...a place to put the trailor down by the lake? You can park on the telephone cove az side but it is quite but watched by the rangers. tell me more what you want and ill let you know of a place.

MohaveDriver
03-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Pig,
Sorry for the late response.
We are looking for a spot at the South end of Lake Mohave where we can park the 5th wheel near the water so we can run the buggy in the desert at night with the boat beached on the shore. Is there any good place to do this? Is running the buggy out there legal?
I hate to call the rangers at Katherine's, so hopefully someone can help me out.