PDA

View Full Version : Going To Buy 1978 Mach 1 Jet

taxman
03-04-2005, 07:01 AM
Anybody have history on these boats???? Has 460 tunnel ram with 650's berk stage 1 pump orig gel nice boat 1 owner the guy said 5k buys it so lets see what y'all have to say about these boats!!!! Thanks in advance!! :D

BAE_557
03-04-2005, 07:22 AM
I've had my Mach 1 for almost 2 years and really like it. Do you have any pics of the boat that you are going to buy? Here is an original ad by Mach 1 Boats, Cas from the LBBA had posted this on his website a while back.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3021/1870mach_1_ad.jpg

Jim Brock
03-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Is this a tunnel boat you are going to buy???

pops1
03-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Is this a tunnel boat you are going to buy???
Am I wrong on this! I thought Pappy Wilder was involved in this. Back when Tom Papp was with him. I know I have ran across several Set up by Papp.
Also was not the first low profile intake, Which came out of Wilders used on these, and later further developed by Papp on the Cheyenne. Hot Boat did a article on one raced in NJBA- Das Boat. It is a Awesome Restoration. Ran in Blown Gas= I think with Dave @ D & H Marine, or Don Harris(Blade Runner).
Owner did all the Paint Work himself and it was pure paint art.

Jim Brock
03-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Dave das boot, ran blown alky and just beat me out in the 8.50 bracket for high points, it had a southwind tunnel deck on a wilder bottom, this mach 1 has the wilder deck with a southwind style bottom, Ros Wilder built the mach1 and later started wildercraft. Jim

Lake Ape
03-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I know there was a company in Monmouth, IL that used to be called Mach 1 in the early '70's and 80's. They had there shop out on Sunny Lane Road.

bp
03-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Dave das boot, ran blown alky and just beat me out in the 8.50 bracket for high points, it had a southwind tunnel deck on a wilder bottom, this mach 1 has the wilder deck with a southwind style bottom, Ros Wilder built the mach1 and later started wildercraft. Jim
bill rathke found that boat in a weed pile for a few hundred bucks, worked a long time putting it together, painting it, his brother bud has done blownalky engines for decades, and of course he spanked that one year in the 8.50 class. the das boot is in the gallery here somewhere, all ya gotta do is find it. sinbad has it now, ran it last year as a lake boat, and at ming a few times with a blown gas engine. beautiful paint.

Sangster
03-04-2005, 01:43 PM
http://www.***boat.net/hbcove/39/2/02.jpg

bp
03-04-2005, 07:15 PM
the cool blue design on the drivers side was a neat little patch job bill came up with after he got tossed out of the thing, and his ribs kinda came into a little contact with that spot... :jawdrop:
'course, he wasn't goin' all that fast at the time :cool:

steelcomp
03-04-2005, 07:37 PM
the cool blue design on the drivers side was a neat little patch job bill came up with after he got tossed out of the thing, and his ribs kinda came into a little contact with that spot... :jawdrop:
'course, he wasn't goin' all that fast at the time :cool:
I'm thinkin that could hurt!! :confused:

bp
03-05-2005, 08:53 AM
well, he was ok, was dancin' around right afterwards, patched himself up, jumped right back in the saddle. maybe it was the tattoos? 'course, he was sore the next day :wink:
but he never did that again...

Sangster
03-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Not to Mention...Bill & Bud are a "Class Act" to begin with.... ;) ;) ;)

bp
03-06-2005, 09:29 AM
absolutely. :D