PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know How To

Her454
04-23-2006, 11:02 AM
GET RID of the smell of CAT PISS in your boat? OMG! I AM SO MAD. I took my boat out of the garage and left it outside for a few weeks COMPLETLY COVERED - or so I thought and the damn cats got into it. My brand new interior and carpet stinks to holy hell!
What can I do to get rid of this? :cry: :cry: :cry: :yuk:

Ntwotrance
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
GET RID of the smell of CAT PISS in your boat? OMG! I AM SO MAD. I took my boat out of the garage and left it outside for a few weeks COMPLETLY COVERED - or so I thought and the damn cats got into it. My brand new interior and carpet stinks to holy hell!
They have stuff on the market to get rid (or rather hide) the odor, not sure which is the best one out there though

AZKC
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Focking cats, I used some of the orange citrus cleaner stuff. I t seemed to do ok. Unfortunetly you'll need to find where he hit you or it will never go away. Should be just a few spots :)

Blacksheep
04-23-2006, 11:15 AM
One thing that works really well is a small tab of soap with vinegar and water. The vinegar won't hide the smell, it will get rid of completely. Works wonders in house and boats :) Good luck!

uvindex
04-23-2006, 11:18 AM
That sucks, sorry to hear it! I have never owned a cat so I can't help. However, when I just googled "remove cat urine odor" (without the quotes) I saw LOTS of seemingly good info on this smelly topic. :)
Good luck!

Oldsquirt
04-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Since, from past experience, they do most of their work up under the bow.....raise the front of the trailer, pull the plug from the transom and let a garden hose run up under the bow for a while.

THOR
04-23-2006, 11:20 AM
That's exactly why cats should die.

GRUNION
04-23-2006, 11:20 AM
they sell stuff at the pet stores that work.

doesitfloat?
04-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Just be glad that you're only dealing w/ cat piss. I had a cat use my interior as a kneading and scratching post...100's of claw holes and some slashes.

86 catalina
04-23-2006, 11:33 AM
What you really need is a min. 3000 psi pressure washer it will work every time.

Oldsquirt
04-23-2006, 11:36 AM
What you really need is a min. 3000 psi pressure washer it will work every time.
Is that for the cats or the boat? :D

Knucklehead
04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Leave a bowl of antifreeze/coolant out for the cute little cat then start a thread about how to remove dead cat smell :)

chevypoweredracer
04-23-2006, 11:46 AM
i have a dog that loves cats. wanna borrow him.

JDK
04-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Wash the carpet, then go to a rent-it store and get an ozone generator. Put it in the boat (with the cover still on) and let it run for about 24 hrs. Smell will be gone. :)

Mandelon
04-23-2006, 12:02 PM
First, you have to take off all your clothes......and then....wait....what did you want to clean....? Sorry, I got distracted.

Hal
04-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Here you go.
http://www.petodorsrus.com/index.html

LAVEYSABRE575
04-23-2006, 12:43 PM
To find the cat piss in your boat pull your boat in a dark area put a black bulb in a flash light and start looking. If theres anything else in there it will show up ......enjoy .....Derek

Her454
04-23-2006, 01:21 PM
To find the cat piss in your boat pull your boat in a dark area put a black bulb in a flash light and start looking. If theres anything else in there it will show up ......enjoy .....Derek
Really? I had never heard that? Im going to try it just cause Im curious and I'll feel like a Boat CSI. :rollside:
Is that for the cats or the boat? :D
ROTFLMAO! I am getting ready to download the pics of the diverter parts for you, should have them in a few so check my site in a bit or give me a call. If I dont answer, Im out shooting cats so leave me a message. :yuk:

Liberator TJ1984
04-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Maybe you could get Brown to leave one of his patented "Cat Pizz Stench Eliminator Bran Muffins" under the bow :skull:

Cole Sanger
04-23-2006, 01:39 PM
That is kind of funny. Not the cats in your boat, but that we both had a similar problem. Last week I went to pick up my boat from storage. My cover had a small tear in it and I am waiting on a new one. Anyway, I take the boat home, go out the next morning to see why one of my trim tabs wasn't working. Open up the hatch and hear "MEOW". WTF? I find 4 kittens. I take my boat out almost every week. That momma cat picked the wrong boat to store her kittens. I took them back in a box to see if the mom would come back for them. She didn't, so I took them to an animal hospital. The really bad part of the story is that I go get the boat the next week and just to be sure I check one more time. Never thought I would find any more. One more, didn't make it. Must have been hiding somewhere.

GHT
04-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Try buying a new boat.... It will come with that "New Boat Smell", which is a very nice smell..
My .02.. :)

buzzaro
04-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Yes, gasoline. Its really easy to do as well, dump the gas into the boat and then toss in a match, Id recommend standing a few feet away after watching the firefighter video :220v:

H20Advantage
04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Use a blacklight at night to find the contaminated area and then spray it with Nature's Miracle, which can be found in most pet stores. It has enzymes that break the urine down and causes the smell to go away also.
Had a cat get into my boat and it was also bringing in it's kill. The Nature's Miracle did the trick.

Huckleberry
04-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Use a blacklight at night to find the contaminated area and then spray it with Nature's Miracle, which can be found in most pet stores. It has enzymes that break the urine down and causes the smell to go away also.
Had a cat get into my boat and it was also bringing in it's kill. The Nature's Miracle did the trick.
Ya beat me to it. This is exactly what ya need to do. With the black light you will see exactly where every pee spot is. (Also where those stray jizz shots landed last year!!!) :eek: Make sure when you use the Nature's Miracle that you soak it real good. This diresctions say not to over soak it. I've found that if you don't drown the spot, it won't remove all the pee smell.

Rexone
04-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Anyone have any idea why cat piss smell so much worse than dog piss or say human piss or various other types of piss?

kp216
04-24-2006, 03:12 AM
Rex - That's because cats are vile and useless and should be killed at every opportunity. :220v:

mrs.robk
04-24-2006, 07:09 AM
We have the same problem! What works better, vinegar or the pet odor remover? :confused:

Wally_Gator
04-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Here's the deal...
Nature's miracle works. It can take some time.
The direction state to soak the affected area and let it dry...
The stuff will take a couple of days but it will get rid of the smell.
Black Lights work well to find the area. the stuff glows like on CSI...

rrrr
04-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Anyone have any idea why cat piss smell so much worse than dog piss or say human piss or various other types of piss?
Calling Brown......your expertise is needed.... :)

Cas
04-24-2006, 09:29 AM
When I went through the same, the vinyl was pretty easy to clean with Simple Green. On the carpet, I used a mixture of tomato juice and a little white vinegar, worked great. I used that only because I remembered something about removing skunk stink from dogs with tomato juice.
I had burgundy colored carpet though.
What amazed me was what a good shot the friggin cat was.....bullseyed both the 3" tweeters up under the bow.

RVRGIRL
04-24-2006, 11:37 PM
I saw in a magazine ( ABC Distributing ) they have something called URINE GONE. It's for STAINS & ODOR eliminator. I think it was on TV as well.
It's sapose to be fast acting and it attacks urine from pets. Also removes new and old urine stains and odors. Also it's sapose to prevent animals from re-marking their territory.
Check out www.abcdistributing.com
Hope this info helps. Good luck..

Riomouse911
04-25-2006, 03:26 AM
Years ago I had a load of laundry that I had just pulled from the dryer, and I ran to hit the head before I folded them. My Mom's cat jumped in and left his mark, and NO amount of washing made the smell go away.. I tossed out the whole basket of clothes, and the cat was banished to the outdoors for eternity. To this day I can still smell if a cat or dog pissed in someone's house or if they have a catbox... the memory of the smell just never went away. :mad:
Use a good commercial odor remover, then pressure-wash the carpets etc.. it'll make it unnoticeable unless u stick your nose in the carpet...

Sherpa
04-25-2006, 06:19 AM
Years ago I had a load of laundry that I had just pulled from the dryer, and I ran to hit the head before I folded them. My Mom's cat jumped in and left his mark, and NO amount of washing made the smell go away.. I tossed out the whole basket of clothes, and the cat was banished to the outdoors for eternity. To this day I can still smell if a cat or dog pissed in someone's house or if they have a catbox... the memory of the smell just never went away. :mad:
Use a good commercial odor remover, then pressure-wash the carpets etc.. it'll make it unnoticeable unless u stick your nose in the carpet...
dude, you have it all wrong.......... what you should* have done was give
kitty a ride in the dryer................
--Sherpa

Ziggy
04-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Fabreeze :)
Don't you have coyotes near by? That might help too :crossx:

waxer
04-25-2006, 02:47 PM
One thing that works really well is a small tab of soap with vinegar and water. The vinegar won't hide the smell, it will get rid of completely. Works wonders in house and boats :) Good luck!
Use vinegar & water, works every time, I had a Tomcat across the street, liked to piss down my windshield vent on my Tahoe, nothing like a good blast of cat pee in the morning. It took about a half gallon & 2 applications & it was gone. So is the cat :)

BiggusJimbus
04-25-2006, 03:02 PM
I heard that you can soak the carpet with COFFEE.
May not remove the Cat piss smell, but you won't care so much about it anymore.
BTW, you'll be appalled to hear that I am working for Peets Coffee these days. I smell like coffee 24/7.
I'll probably never see you again.
Oh, and Nature's miracle works. Probably better than the Vinegar or other solutions, as it takes away the "Mark" that will bring the animals back to the spot.
Good Luck. I'd help, but I don't think you'd want me near you.
Jim.