PDA

View Full Version : How about Fossett?

dirty old man
03-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Wasn't that flight around the world great? Lets hear it for us old guys. That guy has balls to continue when he indicated low on fuel. But whats with the champaign shower when he gets home? Where was the porta potti? He just went 67 hours, non-stop! Man would I have to pee

mtndewdrops
03-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Wasn't that flight around the world great? Lets hear it for us old guys. That guy has balls to continue when he indicated low on fuel. But whats with the champaign shower when he gets home? Where was the porta potti? He just went 67 hours, non-stop! Man would I have to pee
Noteworthy accomplishment to say the least. I wish I had a billionaire friend that would let me do stuff like that.
I would imagine that he has some sort of auxiliary bladder...little john? LOL

CrazyHippy
03-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Openable window... :confused:
BJH

ratso
03-04-2005, 12:38 PM
That would suck... a plane flies over... you look up... and get nailed by a scud missile. :notam:

Seadog
03-04-2005, 12:44 PM
He lived on juice and milk while flying and then reused the bottles. A great feat, but not on par with what Lindberg did.

NoCal NoBoat
03-04-2005, 01:10 PM
"He lived on milk while flying and reused the bottles" - Just like the original "Aviator" - Howard Hughes...
I didn't realize until this morning that Fossett is a billionaire in his own right,
from option training.
Giving a billionaire a champagne shower seems kind of redundant to me...

Bryan Rose
03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Big freakin deal......... Not to take away from anything he did but if I had millions in disposable income I could devote my time and energy to setting a few I'm sure. Great feat of endurance i guess but as stated before nothing compared to Lindberg or even the two people who did it before him togoether not solo, with almost 25 year old technology...... Great for him but who really cares. Yippie lets all praise the billionaire tycoon..... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: I prefer when a normal person of normal means makes an accomplishment himself. Fosset flew the plane but the real record setters are the ones who built and developed and supported the whole deal .... where are their names in the record books..... :confused:
Bryan

CrazyHippy
03-04-2005, 01:32 PM
You guys are missing the point.. this Billionaire had to piss in milk carotns :D I dont know why but the thought of a billionaire pissing in a bottle is hilarious to me :angry2:
BJH

burtandnancy
03-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Bryan, you are kinda sour grapes here. Whats your problem? Young or old, rich or poor, that was a great accomplishment. Some records only multimillionairs or above will set, some records can be set by the poorest of poor. I even held a record once and it wasn't done with cubic dollars but a little skill and cunning...

CrazyHippy
03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm going to try and Top Wilt Chamberlains record :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: It would be alot easier w/ his money though :mad: :frown:
BJH
BTW... Anyone have an 18 year old daughter?? :2purples:

Jbb
03-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Great accomplishment....no matter who you are...Takes big balls to do that He never even made a full fuel climb to altitude with that thing full of fuel before.....big stones indeed
Another cool Rutan Airplane (http://www.globalflyer.com/Aircraft/Introduction/index.jsp)

Bryan Rose
03-04-2005, 02:10 PM
NO sour grapes here just pointing out the reality of the situation. Great accomplishment but I get tired of the single man getting all the credit for team efforts. Great Accomplishment no doubt......
Bryan