PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the 4 wheel steering GM truck? Your take:

Flying Tiger
03-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Anyone have the 4 wheel steering GM truck?
Do you back a trailer with it? Whats it like? Is it the BFD GM touts?
Hows the quality, has it had any troubles?
Warts and all, how is it?:

goneboatin
03-04-2005, 04:23 PM
I've got an '04 crewcab with the Q-steer. It's the bomb! If you've ever driven one before, you'll wonder why didn't anyone come up with this idea before? It'll do a U-turn anywhere and makes parking lot maneuvers (sp) so much easier. Backing a my trailer is limited to the launch ramp and backing the boat into the storage spot, so I'm not a real good reference. Backing up with it is pretty neat. You know when you need to make a correction to the trailer and it takes a while to take effect? Well you just turn the wheel the opposite way to make the correction, which happens right away, then carry on as usual. I am bumbed since there will be no more Quadrasteer in '06. GM just doesn't know how to market a good thing.
:hammer2:
:jawdrop:

goneboatin
03-04-2005, 04:27 PM
I've got an '04 crewcab with the Q-steer. It's the bomb! If you've ever driven one before, you'll wonder why didn't anyone come up with this idea before? It'll do a U-turn anywhere and makes parking lot maneuvers (sp) so much easier. Backing a my trailer is limited to the launch ramp and backing the boat into the storage spot, so I'm not a real good reference. Backing up with it is pretty neat. You know when you need to make a correction to the trailer and it takes a while to take effect? Well you just turn the wheel the opposite way to make the correction, which happens right away, then carry on as usual. I am bumbed since there will be no more Quadrasteer in '06. GM just doesn't know how to market a good thing.
:hammer2:
:jawdrop:
Troubles? Only one. Occasionally when I start the truck, it says "Service 4 Wheel Steer" and it is inoperable. I just need to shut the truck off and restart it, then back to normal. It's supposed to be a software glitch that Delphi is working on. Otherwise it's the best truck I've ever owned. Only if they offered the Duramax with the Q-steer.

Kachina26
03-04-2005, 06:33 PM
What the hell, one more time.

goneboatin
03-04-2005, 07:37 PM
What the hell? :confused:
I submitted it, it took forever to submit, so I stopped it and added another section and submitted again.