PDA

View Full Version : droops & lake v-hulls?

IMPATIENT 1
04-23-2006, 11:05 AM
in the never ending quest for more mph, i was thinking of adding a droop on my lake 18ft. v-hull.i bought a split bowl locally real cheap(100bucks) and was wondering what you guys runnin v-hulls in the upper 80's were runnin:snoot or droop? i've got a 12je with a pro loader,hi-tech shoe and ride plate kit,dominator a,place divertor, and its gettin me low 80's( best gps 84mph). i've got at least 550(desktop says 606hp) and another 200hp on the bottle but last season i couldn't hit 85-90.will a split bowl and a droop help me?or have i hit the limit with a 12je pump?

Fast Freddy
04-23-2006, 12:11 PM
in the never ending quest for more mph, i was thinking of adding a droop on my lake 18ft. v-hull.i bought a split bowl locally real cheap(100bucks) and was wondering what you guys runnin v-hulls in the upper 80's were runnin:snoot or droop? i've got a 12je with a pro loader,hi-tech shoe and ride plate kit,dominator a,place divertor, and its gettin me low 80's( best gps 84mph). i've got at least 550(desktop says 606hp) and another 200hp on the bottle but last season i couldn't hit 85-90.will a split bowl and a droop help me?or have i hit the limit with a 12je pump?
droop snoots work better on lightweight short v-hulls like you have. the longer and heavier the boat is like mine they don't work. sometimes they don't work on short lightweight boats either, but most of the time they do. i say try and it see what kind of mph increase you get. if you do get a increase in mph i am bettin its something on the order of 2 mph.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I have a droop on my kachina and it pushes the tail of my boat in the water really hard. I might be switching to a straight snoot pretty soon. If you can try to borrow one from a friend and try a droop first. We put my droop on a friends boat and it hates it. The boat porposises really bad in light chop.......

Ken F
04-23-2006, 06:29 PM
On my old boat a 21' Omega open-bow, changing from a droop to a straight snoot made a pretty good difference. Here again, (as has been said hundreds of times before) playing and testing your boat will reflect dividends.
Changing to a droop or snoot will require that you go trough and get it set up properly agian. My suggestion would be to contact a pro about it, and ask what they have seen work.
Ken F