PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Cat Attack Who's Going ?? List !

Rock-it man
03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Shasta Cat Attack June 10-11-12 Lake Shasta,Calif
Location !!! Across from the Obrian Inlet on the Sacto Arm.
Items of Interest :
1. Grudge Match !!!! Robbie Racer vs Rockit Man
2. HP350 - Stoker vs Hullshot - Stoker
3. WashAshore and his new SHOW BOAT ??
4. From Salem Ore, Warlock 31 ( Speed -Fast )
5. ?? Who bought the SKATER !!!!
6. Boat Master and his RITA MIXER aka The Whacker
7. Boat Master's Third Anual Cat Attack Party Bash !!! Where ?? Roof of the Boat Master Cat Shack- Dusk to Dawn !!!
8. Expect a new Record for Broker Parts !!! hehehe !!! except for Me !!!!!
9. No Noise problems here --Arranged by Boat Master !!!!
* I have the new Trophys ready and thinking about just putting my name on MINE !!! NOW !!!!
*** Everone is Welcome even those pesky Whackers. Trophy for the Fastest Cat single Eng and one for the Fastest V and one for the Fastest Whacker.
Add your Name To The List ............

HP350SC
03-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Shasta Cat Attack June 10-11-12 Lake Shasta,Calif
Location !!! Across from the Obrian Inlet on the Sacto Arm.
Items of Interest :
1. Grudge Match !!!! Robbie Racer vs Rockit Man
2. HP350 - Stoker vs Hullshot - Stoker
3. WashAshore and his new SHOW BOAT ??
4. From Salem Ore, Warlock 31 ( Speed -Fast )
5. ?? Who bought the SKATER !!!!
6. Boat Master and his RITA MIXER aka The Whacker
7. Boat Master's Third Anual Cat Attack Party Bash !!! Where ?? Roof of the Boat Master Cat Shack- Dusk to Dawn !!!
8. Expect a new Record for Broker Parts !!! hehehe !!! except for Me !!!!!
9. No Noise problems here --Arranged by Boat Master !!!!
* I have the new Trophys ready and thinking about just putting my name on MINE !!! NOW !!!!
*** Everone is Welcome even those pesky Whackers. Trophy for the Fastest Cat single Eng and one for the Fastest V and one for the Fastest Whacker.
Add your Name To The List ............
No amount of fast talking is going to make me faster than Hulshot :D
There is that ONE thing we talked about though.... :idea:

HP350SC
03-05-2005, 12:10 AM
The whackers are going to be crushed like a train wreck this year... :cry: :messedup:

Robbie Racer
03-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Got it on the calendar. Should be fun. We are planning on getting their Friday night and will probably be staying at the Bridge Bay motel. Anyone else staying there? If so, let's get together and have a few cold ones on Friday night.
RR

HP350SC
03-05-2005, 01:16 PM
RR- Yes, it appears we will be staying at Bridge Bay, so we'll see you Fri. night. Any changes to the Carrera?
Speed-wise, some of these yay-hoos with Stoker's may be knocking on your back door? :eek: :)
RIM- Any pictures of your motor? That's good to hear John is going too. If he can get that hull to set he will be near 145 I would think.
R52- Where arrrree you? New boat?
Hulshot- Post some pics. of that bad boy, really interested to see how it looks w/ the 1471. :cool: 6000 w/ a 30 and 1:24's, give me your cell# and we'll catch up later :cry:
Stoker2001- Any pics. of your boat yet?
Drew- Cliff should be calling you on that drive, I gave him your number.

Rock-it man
03-05-2005, 04:38 PM
No pics yet still working on the assembly,this little deal turned out to be a BIG DEAL !!!! a lot of work yet to be done before my first trip this summer down to hanasu fir the Desert Storm Poker Run April 29. We will be staying on my new house Boat some where on the Lake ,will be down probabley Thur afternoon. This time I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE !!!!!!! as last year I was broke down.
Will post a sneek peek of the motor maybe next week.

Robbie Racer
03-06-2005, 09:09 AM
RR- Yes, it appears we will be staying at Bridge Bay, so we'll see you Fri. night. Any changes to the Carrera?
Speed-wise, some of these yay-hoos with Stoker's may be knocking on your back door? :eek: :)
HP, look forward to having a couple of cold ones with you on that Friday evening at the Bridge Bay Motel. The only change I made was to back off on the cam profile a little to try and get better life out of my valve springs and roller lifters. It may cost me a couple of mph but I felt that I had to do something to give RIM a chance for revenge during our next grudge match. :boxingguy
You are right about the Stokers running fast. Hulshot's boat is running great and he's still just getting used to the set up. Take a look at the pictures posted for yesterday's delta run. There's one or two in there of his boat and it looks awesome with that motor in it. :cool:
There were some fast wackers at the delta run also. Hope they can make it up to the Cat Attack also.

HP350SC
03-06-2005, 12:53 PM
HP, look forward to having a couple of cold ones with you on that Friday evening at the Bridge Bay Motel. The only change I made was to back off on the cam profile a little to try and get better life out of my valve springs and roller lifters. It may cost me a couple of mph but I felt that I had to do something to give RIM a chance for revenge during our next grudge match. :boxingguy
You are right about the Stokers running fast. Hulshot's boat is running great and he's still just getting used to the set up. Take a look at the pictures posted for yesterday's delta run. There's one or two in there of his boat and it looks awesome with that motor in it. :cool:
There were some fast wackers at the delta run also. Hope they can make it up to the Cat Attack also.
Those Isky tool room springs and lifters are supposed to be pretty good. Is that what you run?
I scanned through the thread but didn't see his boat?
I especially liked the story of you running the Jeep :D My wife and I were on a crotch rocket on Marine drive which runs parallel to Portland airport. We raced an airliner taking off :2purples: she weren't too happy :cool:
I never pass up a chance to dog on outboards, even though Kevin kicked my a** last year :D

HP350SC
03-06-2005, 01:09 PM
No pics yet still working on the assembly,this little deal turned out to be a BIG DEAL !!!! a lot of work yet to be done before my first trip this summer down to hanasu fir the Desert Storm Poker Run April 29. We will be staying on my new house Boat some where on the Lake ,will be down probabley Thur afternoon. This time I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE !!!!!!! as last year I was broke down.
Will post a sneek peek of the motor maybe next week.
Right on, looking forward to seeing that injection and blower setup.... :coffeycup

BLEWBAYOU1
03-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Those Isky tool room springs and lifters are supposed to be pretty good. Is that what you run?
I especially liked the story of you running the Jeep :D My wife and I were on a crotch rocket on Marine drive which runs parallel to Portland airport. We raced an airliner taking off :2purples: she weren't too happy :cool:
I never pass up a chance to dog on outboards, even though Kevin kicked my a** last year :D
I posted some new pictures on that thread. There is a good one of Holeshots engine.
So how did you do against the airplane? I'm sure you got em on the hole shot, but i bet he got you on the take off.LOL
I was the one that posted about The Jeep wagoneer that raced Keith.That was to funny.The look on that guys face. :jawdrop:
Brian

Robbie Racer
03-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I had a LSM cam and springs along with Jesel lifters that did last 2 seasons (155 hours) so I can't complain too bad. This time we put the Isky tool room springs in and Crower lifters which were both less expensive than the LSM springs and Jesel lifters. With the new cam profile, I'm hoping for 3 years between rebuilds. The main failure component was the rings which lost their ability to control oil consumption after 20 hours on the last two refreshings. We opened up the piston oilers more this time to try and spray more oil on the bottoms of the pistons to remove more heat. Hopefully that will equate to longer ring life. Time will tell.

hulshot
03-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Hp sorry, I cant even see the pics from the delta run. My computer wont load the pictures??? I can only see them if somone displays them. :angry2:

NICE PAIR
03-06-2005, 05:10 PM
The whackers are going to be crushed like a train wreck this year... :cry: :messedup:
Looking for a train wreck ! Anyone seen one ? :D

Oldman_Boatmaster
03-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Let the smack talking begin :hammer2: :hammerhea

Rock-it man
03-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I will bring a 55 gal drum for those Whackers OH !! I mean Rita Mixers !!!!
Worked on the motor all weekend and its starting to look like a motor again.Should be on the water in about two weeks.

Boatmaster
03-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Hey R-I-M what happens if the fastest cat is a whacker, does Nice Pair, I meen he get two trophies? 120+ on yesterdays lunch run, and still working on set up :idea: !!! Boats been known to run 138mph!!

Rock-it man
03-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey R-I-M what happens if the fastest cat is a whacker, does Nice Pair, I meen he get two trophies? 120+ on yesterdays lunch run, and still working on set up :idea: !!! Boats been known to run 138mph!!
Come on !!! Who's kidden who !!!!! everybody knows Whakkas can't go that fast !!!!!! besides 138 just ain't gonna cut it this year !!!!!! Is this what they call Whakka!! Smakka !!!!!! hehehe !!!!! Maybe that Whakka you talk about should talk to Robbie Racer about some JUICE !!!!!
My BLOOD !!! is getting worked up with all this talk !!!! I'm ready for some fast water !!!!!!!!! We need to be talking about 140 mph + now days !!!! forget this 120 stuff !!!!!!!!
Tried to post a pic and now of them work here they worked at other sites ????? Any ideas ???

HP350SC
03-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Rock-it If you can upload to the image center I'll take it from there.

hulshot
03-06-2005, 07:53 PM
I know the out boad in question and if he puts on the high strung drag motors it will do into the 130's possibly. with the set up he had yesterday he may be able to muster up a 115ish with no one in the boat and light load. I think the mudslides, beers and shots sorta impaired you vision and mind some. . I do have to say the dcb ran good later that evening with 2 peps in it. looked dead stable, unlike my turd that has a mind of its own I think. I will keep working on it. when it gets dialed in to get rid of the hoping we will see how hard the outboards will run from a rolling start. I wont blow my drive to try to race a twin motor boat from a stop. Its not worth the money.;) ;) :D

HP350SC
03-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Robbie Racer- Just confirmed 2 rooms at Bridge bay so see you Friday. Our friend John will be staying there as well. All this boat talk is getting me anxious to get on the water. Weather has been great up here, sent my prop to get labbed, so 2 weeks away from water.

HP350SC
03-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Hulshot- Check your drive height against mine. I do know you would not want to be ANY higher than this. The top edge of the level is flat against the LOWEST point on hull(not the step)....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/1231DSC00473.jpg

HP350SC
03-06-2005, 08:23 PM
So how did you do against the airplane? I'm sure you got em on the hole shot, but i bet he got you on the take off.LOL
I was the one that posted about The Jeep wagoneer that raced Keith.That was to funny.The look on that guys face. :jawdrop:
Brian[/QUOTE]
Raced him outboard style :D Hit it at 45mph and shut down around 140 as he passed, pretty much even. Technically not a crotch rocket, Yamaha v-max.

Boatmaster
03-06-2005, 09:48 PM
BLA BLA BLA 140+ BLA BLA next time BLA 150 BLA you wait BLA BLA RR going down BLA BLA. Three shots at the title and three times you got your ass handed to you. Have to give you credit for most Smack Talk, but I can see it now one Whacker Waxxen that Eliminator ass. Hey Hulshot I take it you missed Nice Pair's recall pinned at 120! Just my thought but I think that outboard is going to have alot of inboard boyz scratching their nuts and head come June. OOPs did I say all that, sorry it's late and just alittle loose with the R-I-M slander. Ahh hell while I'm on a role, the way I see it if does'nt have outboards it's an anchor!!! SEE Ya :p P.S. forget I said all this when I loose a powerhead on the next trip. :rolleyes:

HP350SC
03-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Now now Boatmaster. Every time the 2 fastest boats are out there I don't see any smoke. :messedup:

Boatmaster
03-06-2005, 10:05 PM
How was it put, Oh Ya Train Wreck A Comen. Things may change, we will have to wait and see. :notam:

HP350SC
03-06-2005, 10:15 PM
LOL- Won't matter to me as I'm a slow poke now :cry: I will be taking a group of senior citizens on a scenic cruise while there. :D

hulshot
03-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Hey I will give the twins hell. your boat will make it through the summer just fine. those things will run the r's for long periods of time. well if to 280s with on the Talon will run deep into the 120's or 130's why the hell would you put on to drag motors on it to gain minimal with the chance of melt down when you could have the safe reliability of the 280's with almost the same speeds?? I guess the Ancors as you call them are too complicated to work on for ya. You have to do more to them to get power than shave the heads, put race gas in them and add a bunch of light weight parts and take out the rev limiters. You just cant beat the power to weight ratio of the outboards
We can all get in on the bench racing. Its all in fun. Rules are, no hitting below the belt (unless you are real good looking) and no cussing or degrading. ding-ding :rollside: :yuk:

Boatmaster
03-06-2005, 10:28 PM
LOL- Won't matter to me as I'm a slow poke now :cry: I will be taking a group of senior citizens on a scenic cruise while there. :D
I hear you I'm at 100mph and can't do much more than sling sh*t. But my lawn chair will be firmly planted at the top of the hill for the R-I-M job show. And no that has nothing to do with last years side show. :p

hulshot
03-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Whos givin the R-I-M job, I might stand in line for that, or are you talking about somthing else?? :devil:

ELIMINAT THIS
03-07-2005, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=Boat master Ahh hell while I'm on a role, the way I see it if does'nt have outboards it's an anchor!!!
BM= I dont speak waker,but I think what you were trying to say was this thing is about to become a anchor for that dock. :rollside: :rollside:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1146288641592McucOY_ph.jpg
BTW I saw hullshots recall after his break-in run over 120 this should be one hell of a match up.

Rock-it man
03-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Must have hit a nerve with Boat Master !!!!! Is that the best ya got !!!!! The last three times out I was just playin with ya all !!! gettin ya ready for the Big Fall that is Robbie Racers Big fall !!!! I'll be pacing myself this year cause the motor is full race and I have a limited amount of runs in it but of course i'll only need ONE RUN to put all you guys on the trailer !!!!! there sould be room for Robbie and the Whackers to line up out there that way they can all share in the SHAME !!!!! and i'll have more time for SHASTA COLAS !!! hehehe !!!!!
Will be videoing all the test runs at Shasta and looks like I may be testing at Shasta during Spring Break there,will post the day I will be there in case anyone's around.
Remember I never get even I GET AHEAD !!!!!!!

Rock-it man
03-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Hey I will give the twins hell. your boat will make it through the summer just fine. those things will run the r's for long periods of time. well if to 280s with on the Talon will run deep into the 120's or 130's why the hell would you put on to drag motors on it to gain minimal with the chance of melt down when you could have the safe reliability of the 280's with almost the same speeds?? I guess the Ancors as you call them are too complicated to work on for ya. You have to do more to them to get power than shave the heads, put race gas in them and add a bunch of light weight parts and take out the rev limiters. You just cant beat the power to weight ratio of the outboards
We can all get in on the bench racing. Its all in fun. Rules are, no hitting below the belt (unless you are real good looking) and no cussing or degrading. ding-ding :rollside: :yuk:
What Rules !!! we don't need no rules here All's fair in LOVE and RACING !!!!!
Hulshot ,I checked your boat out at All Washed Up's shop and Dennis was in it a long time so you might want to check it out real close !!!!! hehehe !!!!! Would be great if All Washed Up came up with his SHOW BOAT !!!!!!

HP350SC
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
John's 31 Warlock may well be the fastest boat there. Twin 572's w/ 6's on 110 fuel and 12 lbs. boost. I was aired out balls to the wall and he blew by me like I was parked. Out-accelerated me too! And with a cabin to boot. Would have to hang about 6 280's, or maybe mount some off the front and sides? :hammerhea heheheh

Rock-it man
03-07-2005, 01:36 PM
John's 31 Warlock may well be the fastest boat there. Twin 572's w/ 6's on 110 fuel and 12 lbs. boost. I was aired out balls to the wall and he blew by me like I was parked. Out-accelerated me too! And with a cabin to boot. Would have to hang about 6 280's, or maybe mount some off the front and sides? :hammerhea heheheh
John ain't gotta chance seing how i'm helping Bush Machine & Marine work on his boat !!!! hehehe !!!!!

MOBrien
03-10-2005, 11:51 AM
trying to get this one into the calendar.......lodging options for this trip?? Who knows the where and how much??
Thanks,
MOB

gnarley
03-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Hey MOB this could be fun to just go and watch

Robbie Racer
03-10-2005, 12:08 PM
trying to get this one into the calendar.......lodging options for this trip?? Who knows the where and how much??
Thanks,
MOB
HP-350 and Maggie and I are staying at the Bridge Bay motel resort on the lake. The rate for a room with 2 Queens or 1 King bed is $103 per night + tax (less 10% AAA discount). They also have kitchen suites for $135 per night. Their number is 800-752-9669. Let me know if you end up staying there so you can join HP-350 and us for a few cold ones on that Friday evening.
RR

MOBrien
03-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey MOB this could be fun to just go and watch
Sounds fun doesn't it!! Lord knows my TCM1200 won't be done by then to run with these guys. LOL :D :squiggle: :D
RR - thanks for the info. I'm workin on gaining clearance form "The Tower" and will certainly let everyone know if we're gonna be there. Sure would like to make this one...sounds like an awesome time.
............Oh and, does Bridge Bay offer slips for the boat or do you trailer it each night?

NorCalCat
03-10-2005, 12:21 PM
MO, you can use the slips. I will be making this trip. Last year we just pulled it each night. Let me know you room situation, we will be getting one with a kitchen so we can BBQ dinners!

jackpunx
03-10-2005, 12:28 PM
I'll be there :wink:

MOBrien
03-10-2005, 12:30 PM
dude NorCal, you get your boat back yet??? Did ya?Did ya?Did ya? Huh?
Any word on the rooms up there....availability? Seems to me we might be too late in getting a reservation....I'd think they'd be booked by now. Hopefully not.
ALSO, who's gonna be going to the drags in Red Bluff this year and what are the dates....RR-you must know & are you racin' it this year?

jackpunx
03-10-2005, 12:33 PM
BLA BLA BLA 140+ BLA BLA next time BLA 150 BLA you wait BLA BLA RR going down BLA BLA. Three shots at the title and three times you got your ass handed to you. Have to give you credit for most Smack Talk, but I can see it now one Whacker Waxxen that Eliminator ass. Hey Hulshot I take it you missed Nice Pair's recall pinned at 120! Just my thought but I think that outboard is going to have alot of inboard boyz scratching their nuts and head come June. OOPs did I say all that, sorry it's late and just alittle loose with the R-I-M slander. Ahh hell while I'm on a role, the way I see it if does'nt have outboards it's an anchor!!! SEE Ya :p P.S. forget I said all this when I loose a powerhead on the next trip. :rolleyes:
HHHmmm scratching nuts?

NorCalCat
03-10-2005, 12:37 PM
just to double check it is the weekend of June 8th Correct? I am calling now.

MOBrien
03-10-2005, 12:44 PM
June 10,11,12

NorCalCat
03-10-2005, 12:47 PM
That is what I meant, I just got a kitchen unit for June 10,-12. Pullout couch has your name on it!
MO, I am picking my boat up April 1 and going to Havasu for the weekend. Wanna go? She is all done, I just can not make it down before that. Just got back from Jamaica last night! Ya Mon! Some good shite there. :D

Robbie Racer
03-10-2005, 03:14 PM
MOB, call this number 530-275-3021 for slip reservations at the Bridge Bay resort. As of now they still have rooms and slips. Like NorCalCat said, it sure makes it nice and easy not to have to put the boat on the trailer every night. The IHBA drags at Red Bluff are always over Memorial Weekend. I won't be racing this year and will be hanging out under the bridge at Lake Berryessa on that holiday weekend. BTW, I will loan you my spare 1160 hp Peto motor if you want to slip it in your boat for the cat attack weekend. No guarantees on your drive though. :D
JP and NorCal, it will be great to see you guys there. Glad to hear you are finally getting your ride back just in time for the start of the season NCC. I know what you mean about Jamaica. We partied down there a few years back. I love those all inclusive resorts where they have an open bar for the entire week. :messedup:
RR

MOBrien
03-10-2005, 05:11 PM
MOB ........... I will loan you my spare 1160 hp Peto motor if you want to slip it in your boat for the cat attack weekend. No guarantees on your drive though. :D
RR
You all read it here as proof......... :supp:
As long as I don't have to put a security deposit down and we can throw a 4K rev limiter on it. Oh, and I'll need a fresh labbed 32 to go with it...ya got one of those?? :D Oh and, I'll need you to drop everything you're doing and do the engine swap for me this weekend and while you're in there you might as well re-rig this pig. :D :D

Robbie Racer
03-10-2005, 05:38 PM
You all read it here as proof......... :supp:
As long as I don't have to put a security deposit down and we can throw a 4K rev limiter on it. Oh, and I'll need a fresh labbed 32 to go with it...ya got one of those?? :D Oh and, I'll need you to drop everything you're doing and do the engine swap for me this weekend and while you're in there you might as well re-rig this pig. :D :D
Now, I didn't say a darn thing about me doing the engine swap for you. I do have an extra lab 32 that you can use with the motor though. You could back the boost down to 3 or 4 psi and the horsepower will drop down to around 900, so your Bravo 1 might last until you get the boat on plane. :D

stoker2001
03-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Hulshot- Check your drive height against mine. I do know you would not want to be ANY higher than this. The top edge of the level is flat against the LOWEST point on hull(not the step)....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/1231DSC00473.jpgbelieve it or not mike,there is stoker back in midwest that runs a blackhawk drive with the bottom of bullet even with bottom of boat and runs 140 with a small block no less :sqeyes: :notam: the twin counter rotating props on one shaft has its advantages though. :p the little pisspot runs the centerline of propshaft 2-1/4"above bottom,but being light has it advantages too :rolleyes:

hulshot
03-10-2005, 10:41 PM
I want to get in contact with Him Kevin. I have no doubt that that is attainable in my boat but I will not even attempt it unless the setup is perfect. I am 2 inches from the bottom and run maybe 1-2 degrees of trim and it gets very flighty and hoppy. I need setup help fast....Can you find him for me somehow????

HP350SC
03-11-2005, 07:59 AM
believe it or not mike,there is stoker back in midwest that runs a blackhawk drive with the bottom of bullet even with bottom of boat and runs 140 with a small block no less :sqeyes: :notam: the twin counter rotating props on one shaft has its advantages though. :p the little pisspot runs the centerline of propshaft 2-1/4"above bottom,but being light has it advantages too :rolleyes:
That's cool, I'm sure there are higher setups. Blackhawk is not an apples to apples thing though, and is designed as a surface drive. Do you run a jack plate on yours?
I was trying to give Don a reference point based on what Stoker told me. I don't really think I gained anything going 1" higher, it is unfortunate that I changed drive lower type and height, motor power and steering at same time. Could have evaluated each item then. One could extrapolate that if 1" had a few negative effects, 2" would amplify them.
It seemed to me JP wasn't too happy with his 1" shorty when he first changed it either. Maybe he's OK with it now?
Higher is not always better. All in all I don't think going higher is Don's answer, bet ya' a short rack of silvers if you prove me wrong?

MOBrien
03-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Now, I didn't say a darn thing about me doing the engine swap for you. I do have an extra lab 32 that you can use with the motor though. You could back the boost down to 3 or 4 psi and the horsepower will drop down to around 900, so your Bravo 1 might last until you get the boat on plane. :D
Yeah, this just doesn't sound like a good idea Keith......... :D

HP350SC
03-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Looks like a few of us at Bridge Bay now: :cool:
1. Robbie Racer
2. Mobrien
3. Me
4. Cliff
5. John?
6. Jackpunx?

HP350SC
03-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Hey Kevin- Got any pictures of your new ride yet? Would like to check it out, so c'mon and post!

Cat Skinner
03-11-2005, 04:33 PM
quote. BTW, I will loan you my spare 1160 hp Peto motor if you want to slip it in your boat for the cat attack weekend. No guarantees on your drive though. :D
Hey MO,
Would you mind if I took out an insurance policy on you? :wink:
I gotta say, If bullshit was bulldozers, some of you guys would be D11's.
Have fun up there and be safe. I should have my new jet powered 54mph River Wild by then. Maybe I can make it up to see how fast these hot air powered boats really are :rolleyes:
Cat Skinner

hulshot
03-11-2005, 05:31 PM
hEY kEVIN FORGET IT, that stoker is a 20 footer with a shallow center pod. He is running about 3inches up. wont work. Hp you can have some of my silvers, I wont be doing that while running this boat. things can happen too fast now. After the boat is parked I will catch up with you guys.
I will be looking for a 1 inch spacer or a 1 inch shorty lower. Anyone know of any???

HP350SC
03-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Yeah that sucks not being able to drink with these performance boats. Only made that mix-take once :D There's always afterwards though. ;)
Can you post any fuel system or close up motor pictures? I would like to check out your fuel plumbing. I used Fragola fittings back when the tanks and separator were plumbed, and am waiting for some more to show up Monday so I don't have to mix and match fittings. I am going to run the fuel pump with two speeds. Through a resistor for idle speeds and low demand. Then at any manifold pressure greater than 2 lbs. pump will receive full voltage.

Robbie Racer
03-12-2005, 08:52 AM
I will be looking for a 1 inch spacer or a 1 inch shorty lower. Anyone know of any???
I have a 1" drive spacer that I used once that you can try.

Rock-it man
03-12-2005, 09:09 AM
quote. BTW, I will loan you my spare 1160 hp Peto motor if you want to slip it in your boat for the cat attack weekend. No guarantees on your drive though. :D
Hey MO,
Would you mind if I took out an insurance policy on you? :wink:
I gotta say, If bullshit was bulldozers, some of you guys would be D11's.
Have fun up there and be safe. I should have my new jet powered 54mph River Wild by then. Maybe I can make it up to see how fast these hot air powered boats really are :rolleyes:
Cat Skinner
Hey Cat Skinner sounds like your buying a river boat from M son in law ( As of May 14,05) he builds a great boat and you will love it.He's building a 22 ft cabin alum boat for my brothere up in Alaska also its in his shop now and we may be building some trailerable houseboats next winter for sale also ,we are working on the first one for me now.

MOBrien
03-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Where are the latest pics of that new monster you're building RIM? C'mon, post 'em up!!

Rock-it man
03-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Where are the latest pics of that new monster you're building RIM? C'mon, post 'em up!!
I don't want to scare Robbie Racer away !!!! Once he see's it he might just stay home !!! and the same with All Washed Up and his ShowBoat !!! hehehe !!! Will have something soon not quite reday for pics yet.

Washed Ashore
03-12-2005, 05:06 PM
R.I.M, Your right it is a show boat,as in show your boat an ass whoopin :jawdrop: It's looking pretty good.We should dyno next week!!I found a hook up on props,a hole storage unit full.My engine bay is painted and the drive is next,I cant leave anything stock :D I ordered a shit load of parts ,its getting close :D :D :D :D

MOBrien
03-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey W.A.-
Is this the same boat from Hooky Day? I can't remember what you were runnin that day. What kind of boat ya got?
-MOB

Rock-it man
03-12-2005, 06:49 PM
R.I.M, Your right it is a show boat,as in show your boat an ass whoopin :jawdrop: It's looking pretty good.We should dyno next week!!I found a hook up on props,a hole storage unit full.My engine bay is painted and the drive is next,I cant leave anything stock :D I ordered a shit load of parts ,its getting close :D :D :D :D
ThatShow Boat don't wanna go fast it just wants to sit around the dock and look good !!!!!!!!
Them's almost fightin words so sounds to me like ya callin me out !!!!! OK !! Your on buddy !!! its you me and Keith !!!!Who wants to be there second cause there both gonna need help gettin back on the trailer !!!!! hehehe !!!!
Seriously though where's the props ???? I have 16.5 x 31 labbed four blade just back from Bronson Hill and a 16.5 x 32 comming from Merc but won't lab it untill I run it to see if any changes are needed,along with your 16.25 x 29 that should be enough to do getthe boats dialed in. I would still want to have a couple other props to play around with or at least try ,If the props you found are at Cobra Power be carefull I delt with them a couple times.Did you get the # 6 drive installed ?
Post the dyno sheet when its done for all to see !!!

TUNNEL T
03-12-2005, 07:12 PM
hullshot ,get that thing off the rev limiter and set those cavs dead flat with the bottom. i honestly think your on the limiter ,you can't keep your foot steady enough to hold it at 6000rpm's. because when we ran 120 when you rolled into it only started to hop when you where closing in on 115 or close to your limiter. just some goofy ass mexican theory . :idea:

Cat Skinner
03-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey Cat Skinner sounds like your buying a river boat from M son in law ( As of May 14,05) he builds a great boat and you will love it.He's building a 22 ft cabin alum boat for my brothere up in Alaska also its in his shop now and we may be building some trailerable houseboats next winter for sale also ,we are working on the first one for me now.
RIM,
Sorry I wasn't able to hook up with you when I was in GP but I was on a tight schedule. Bob seems like a cool dude. So far he has done everything he said he would, which is kinda rare now a days, and always responds to messages and e-mails. I hope he gets my boat done before the Honeymoon :D .He's building me a 21'6" sled with a 6.0/Hami 212. Should be a fun boat. Hopefully I can hook up with you guys for the Cat Attack.
CS

Rock-it man
03-13-2005, 11:01 AM
RIM,
Sorry I wasn't able to hook up with you when I was in GP but I was on a tight schedule. Bob seems like a cool dude. So far he has done everything he said he would, which is kinda rare now a days, and always responds to messages and e-mails. I hope he gets my boat done before the Honeymoon :D .He's building me a 21'6" sled with a 6.0/Hami 212. Should be a fun boat. Hopefully I can hook up with you guys for the Cat Attack.
CS
Your right Bob is one of those rare boat builders thats doe's what he says and stands behind his product, of all the Alum boat builders in the NW he has the best REP !!!
You made a good choice.He will be at the Cat Attack also and usally brings one of his boats. I will stay on him for you as if that would really help !!!!!!!!He treats my daughter like a queen so he's # 1 in my book !!
Hope to see ya at Shasta.

stoker2001
03-13-2005, 07:11 PM
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82425 hopeing this works,boat is at stratton marine gettin upholstery.when this pic was took it had only been outtta mold for couple weeks or so.weighs just under 1K :rollside:

stoker2001
03-13-2005, 07:20 PM
That's cool, I'm sure there are higher setups. Blackhawk is not an apples to apples thing though, and is designed as a surface drive. Do you run a jack plate on yours?
I was trying to give Don a reference point based on what Stoker told me. I don't really think I gained anything going 1" higher, it is unfortunate that I changed drive lower type and height, motor power and steering at same time. Could have evaluated each item then. One could extrapolate that if 1" had a few negative effects, 2" would amplify them.
It seemed to me JP wasn't too happy with his 1" shorty when he first changed it either. Maybe he's OK with it now?
Higher is not always better. All in all I don't think going higher is Don's answer, bet ya' a short rack of silvers if you prove me wrong?good points,there are to many variables.my .02$ is that if you dont need leverage from prop to carry boat and it still gets on plane in a decent amount of time,why drag it deep in water?if i had my prop as low as you got yours mike i would not want to play with you :D :idea: :confused:

HP350SC
03-13-2005, 07:34 PM
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82425 http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82425
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82425
Can't get it up! :D I tried a couple things but no worky....

TUNNEL T
03-13-2005, 08:00 PM
hey dunster whats up with this gay boat as your avatar! TUNNEL T :cool:

Washed Ashore
03-13-2005, 08:01 PM
MoBrian,On hooky day I was in my 26' Sanger,I have been building a cat with huge power!!It will be at Cat Attack.
R.I.M.If I get it dialed in,you know it's on!!All in good fun,you know I love my boating brothern.I will let you know on the props,pretty much you buy one and he will let you test until you find one that works,hard to beat that deal.I took the gimble over to have it taken apart,so I can paint it.
I have never been to Shasta,I think were getting a house boat,Where should we rent from,so we dont have a long trip?
Jeff

HP350SC
03-13-2005, 08:14 PM
good points,there are to many variables.my .02$ is that if you dont need leverage from prop to carry boat and it still gets on plane in a decent amount of time,why drag it deep in water?if i had my prop as low as you got yours mike i would not want to play with you :D :idea: :confused:
Kevin- If my prop centerline is 3.5" from bottom of hull, then roughly 4" of the top of prop is exposed at neutral trim(not counting the water "curling" up behind boat). I would think that is pretty aggressive on an I/O? So if Hulshot is an inch higher than this, I could see his prop alternating between light cavitation and hooking up, especially when trimmed up. With his power and prop pitch, I can picture the drive being shoved downward and forward, then as the bow lifts and falls it would oscillate uncontrollably. I might be F.O.S. but trying to help. :)

Boatmaster
03-13-2005, 08:28 PM
WA only bet on a houseboat is Shasta Marina in the Sac arm. Call and talk to Cindy at 530-238-2284. Tell her your with Drews group and she will take care of you. Best boats on the lake by far and the closest marina to where the Cat Attack is held.

HP350SC
03-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Rock-it man- What size would these trailerable houseboats be, and what kind of price range? I might be interested in one in a year or two.

Boatmaster
03-14-2005, 01:09 PM
I've heard 12x32 is legal on Shasta now with no permit. Meyer's Marine is selling this size boat out of Shasta Marina for 98k. Again this is all just what I have heard.

Rock-it man
03-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I've heard 12x32 is legal on Shasta now with no permit. Meyer's Marine is selling this size boat out of Shasta Marina for 98k. Again this is all just what I have heard.
Wow!!! I think I need to raise my price points !!! WE were going to try for $ 59,900. to $ 79,900. working on the final design now ,these will be first class all Alum with all the bells and whistles .THe first one is due out Jan 06 which will be mine the one I have now is just to get a basic pattern and to see how it handles and functions,will be at the Cat Attack with it. We will have 10 ft wide and 8.5 ft wide up to 37 ft. Designed to be pulled by a 3/4 ton truck.

Boatmaster
03-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Hey R-I-M is your son in law building your new (for next year) houseboat also? We are shopping for new boats right now. I would love to talk to him if he is building 15x56ft boats. Thanks Drew.

HP350SC
03-14-2005, 02:56 PM
That sounds pretty good. Reason I ask, is there is a nice local lake that had a new floating t- shaped dock with enough room for 8-12 boats, included a 12X20 deck too. All for $1000 per year lease. Seemed pretty reasonable to me!Might just look into that.
We will be making some changes in a couple years when my youngest reaches 18 yrs. old. Probably downsize on home, and acquire a secondary place on the water to spend time. Houseboat on Shasta would be soooo nice too, as you both know.

Rock-it man
03-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey R-I-M is your son in law building your new (for next year) houseboat also? We are shopping for new boats right now. I would love to talk to him if he is building 15x56ft boats. Thanks Drew.
Yes he's building mine , but we were going to limit it to trailerable houseboats kinda inbetween a pontoon and a full size houseboat thats trailerable ,think of it no Forest Service fees, no permits ,tow to Lake Powell,no slip fees .we have a lot of people interested right ,now alot of them that currentlyown HouseBoats on shasta. I don't think he would want to build a 56 ft ,justs takes to much time and room .
Whats wrong with the Party Barge you have now ,looks like its got everything you need !!!!!.
I may have a couple Whacker's Oh ! I mean Rita Mixers on my houseboat ,they work well and always have a backup motor !!!!! thinking Honda don't need a lot of power to push a Houseboat its seems to only have one speed anyway.

Boatmaster
03-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Need more room for the kids. I love my boat it has treated me well for ten plus years, but those new Stardust Cruisers are SO NICE.

Rock-it man
03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Need more room for the kids. I love my boat it has treated me well for ten plus years, but those new Stardust Cruisers are SO NICE.
I looked at new boats and the prices were CRAZY !!!!! and with the permits going up and all the hassels at the marinas and the forest service I decided to go smaller but now can go to other lakes also and the Lic is $ 40.00 per year and Ins is $ 279.00 per year but have to allow a few more hrs towing the houseboat and get the Eliminator there so there is more to it but the cost and the ability to go anywhere made it worth it.

Boatmaster
03-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Very good point.

Cat Skinner
03-14-2005, 06:05 PM
How come you're not workin'?
CS

DCBob
03-15-2005, 07:08 AM
How come you're not workin'?
CS
Work is where you go when everyplace else is closed :sleeping:

HP350SC
03-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Robbie Racer, Hulshot and other car boat guys- Can you post some pictures of your fuel systems, and whether or not you have any issues with it? I have a thread in gear heads and would like to see some successful setups and how they are wired and plumbed.
And RIM, c'mon I know you can at least load motor pics. to the image center. If you get them there, I will post for you.

Robbie Racer
03-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Robbie Racer, Hulshot and other car boat guys- Can you post some pictures of your fuel systems, and whether or not you have any issues with it? I have a thread in gear heads and would like to see some successful setups and how they are wired and plumbed.
And RIM, c'mon I know you can at least load motor pics. to the image center. If you get them there, I will post for you.
I can't get pictures to upload any more. It keeps telling me that my .jpg pictures don't have a valid file extension. If you PM me with your email address, I will send you a couple of pics of my fuel system.
RR

hulshot
03-16-2005, 11:23 PM
I am not smart enough. But the 2 a2000 aeromaotive pumps seem to be working at 18psi each.

HP350SC
03-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Robbie racer- sent PM with photo information. I think I'll copy and paste that to Rock-it and Hulshot too. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy. I PM'd MObrian after last years Delta run and he figured it out :D
Hulshot- Now two pumps would have been easier and i like how the bypass regulator is integral with the pump. You must have one pump per tank feeding each carb? Me Likeee :D Congrats on your new Son :)

P P R
03-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Hp 350sc,That local lake is full, I just leased that dock for crabing.

HP350SC
03-17-2005, 08:41 AM
PPR- That's cool, we weren't ready this year. Any planned dates that you will be at the Cove? We'll be there June 26th to July 4th. If you aren't there would it be OK if we tie up?

P P R
03-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Are you kidding me? It would be really hard to catch crab in a fresh water lake. (I was just kidding) If you get any crabs on the lake i would say head for the clinic.

HP350SC
03-17-2005, 09:48 AM
:redface: Figured you meant crawdads or something....

HP350SC
03-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey PPR, can you PM the number of the owner of the dock? I'm going to make it happen.

stoker2001
03-17-2005, 06:39 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/105200001111-med.JPG http://http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82425 http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82425 http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82425
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82425
Can't get it up! :D I tried a couple things but no worky....thats funny cause it posted on my screen :frown: whats the deal with posting pics?

hulshot
03-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Taht boat loke sweet Kevin. When will it be done???

HP350SC
03-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Looks nice kevin!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/105200001111.JPG

HP350SC
03-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Robbie- thanks for e-mail of your fuel system. Talk later- I'm a bit tipsy tonight and it's late :D (daughter got married today) :) Good night all................

stoker2001
03-18-2005, 07:41 AM
should be done in about two weeks :D

Robbie Racer
03-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Kevin, great looking graphics. I can't wait to see it on the water.
HP, you are welcome for the pics. Congratulations on your daughters wedding.
RR

HP350SC
03-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Isn't she beautiful ! :smile: HP350-> Proud dad :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1231DSC01095.jpg
I now have a very nice son-in-law, and what a nice couple don't you think? :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1231DSC01104.jpg
My three sons...ages 22,16 and 15.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1231DSC01066.jpg

MOBrien
03-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Congrats HP350!!!
They look very happy...Must have been a great day!

hulshot
03-20-2005, 12:28 AM
nice pictures and what looks to have been a great day.

Washed Ashore
03-20-2005, 02:47 PM
We have the house boat reserved,now get my ass back in there and get that boat done!!!Cant wait
Jeff

RACER52
03-21-2005, 04:55 PM
get crackin!!!! that boats gonna need some testing prior..
If I have to I'll give up some of my CO-PILOT expertiiiizzze :idea:
and get that thing all dialed in..
Or atleast I could be there to drink some silver sodas and say damn that was fast...
Racer

Rock-it man
03-21-2005, 05:37 PM
get crackin!!!! that boats gonna need some testing prior..
If I have to I'll give up some of my CO-PILOT expertiiiizzze :idea:
and get that thing all dialed in..
Or atleast I could be there to drink some silver sodas and say damn that was fast...
Racer
Don't encourge him ( All Washed Up )too much!! he will think he has more than a ShowBoat there. hehehe !!!!
Maybe keith can loan him some JUICE !!!!

hulshot
03-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Wayne did you ever get the motor done and dynoed? It was suposed to be done in Feb. I have been out 4 times now. Where are the pics of the setup? Jeff, how bout you, how far along are you. What is the projected date? You should have the motor back now, it is past the deadline for the builder.

Rock-it man
03-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Wayne did you ever get the motor done and dynoed? It was suposed to be done in Feb. I have been out 4 times now. Where are the pics of the setup? Jeff, how bout you, how far along are you. What is the projected date? You should have the motor back now, it is past the deadline for the builder.
Motor not done yet ,got behind and may not have time to go down to the dyno. all kind of challanges !Not sure if I would have done this had I known before what it was going to take !!!! Trying to get done for the Desert Storm PokerRun.

Washed Ashore
03-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Hullshot, Yes,the deadline is past.I now have him over a barrel,now he's sucking up.I talked to him today and it looks like it will dyno next week!!!
Racer, You know I always need a test co-pilot(dummy) :D
Jeff

hulshot
03-23-2005, 07:16 PM
WA, I can be a good test dumie. I have already provin I an a dummy anways, just ask. lol. I want to see pics of the progress.

HP350SC
03-23-2005, 07:51 PM
WA, I can be a good test dumie. I have already provin I an a dummy anways, just ask. lol. I want to see pics of the progress.
Good name for your boat! Test Dummy :wink:
Hey this typing is getting reeeaaallyy boring. I need PICTURES damn you all! :D

Washed Ashore
03-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Pic's may make some of are older viewers(R.I.M.) crash there walkers :)

RACER52
03-25-2005, 09:25 AM
:lightsabe
:supp:
that would mean you would have to finish something on your "showboat"
to take pictures...
Get crackin

Boatmaster
03-25-2005, 12:02 PM
R52 are we drinking beers in Hulshot GEEROJ tonight? WA funny sh!t with the walker comment. Rumor of a cirtain F26 going to Utah. :frown:

Rock-it man
03-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Pic's may make some of are older viewers(R.I.M.) crash there walkers :)
Older and Wiser !!!!! Just so you don't forget I never get even I GET AHEAD !!!!!!!! so bring that little puddle jumper to Shasta and don't forget to bring some help to put it back on the trailer hehehe !!!!!!
Doing final asembly this weekend , my drive is back from Weisman (Sorry you didn't get one) well maybe not !!!! I will have the only one for a while anyway !!!! hope to be on the water in another week. no time to get to the DYNO so I guess the speed will tell the truth so if you can't get that so called ShowBoat to 150 mph maybe you should just leave it at home and ride in one of BoatMaster's whackers !!!!!! and help him mix the RITA'S !!!! hehehe !!!!
Post a pic of how that # 6 came out on that glassed in standoff box .

hulshot
03-27-2005, 01:13 AM
That I would like to see WA the #6 hangining off the back. you dont have to show the boat just the back with the drive.

Dimarco21
04-04-2005, 10:15 AM
We're in. We are staying at Bridge Bay Friday to Sunday (thanks for the info R.R.). Sounds like a bitchin' trip. See you there.

DCBob
04-04-2005, 10:21 AM
We're in. We are staying at Bridge Bay Friday to Sunday (thanks for the info R.R.). Sounds like a bitchin' trip. See you there.
D21 glad to hear you & Mrs D21 are going :smile: I got a chainsaw & will be glad to help you remodel the tuna special into a tunnel (cat) special :notam:

Dimarco21
04-04-2005, 10:41 AM
D21 glad to hear you & Mrs D21 are going :smile: I got a chainsaw & will be glad to help you remodel the tuna special into a tunnel (cat) special :notam:
Thanks DCBob, After a couple of Mudslides we will fire up the chainsaw and make all the necessary modifications. Remember safety first, only drink hard alcohol when operating chainsaws. :(

Robbie Racer
04-04-2005, 03:51 PM
That's great that you and OC will be attending this year. We ought to have quite a few peeps staying at the Bridge Bay motel too to party with on Friday night. :messedup:

Boatmaster
04-04-2005, 04:38 PM
D21 good to hear. I'll call tonight anyway to help if I can. Me and Lisa are going up on tuesday. You guys will have a spot to park at my houseboat all weekend.

Rock-it man
04-04-2005, 04:39 PM
That's great that you and OC will be attending this year. We ought to have quite a few peeps staying at the Bridge Bay motel too to party with on Friday night. :messedup:
Keith theres a friend comming down from Salem that will be there at the motel also watch for him as I will be on the lake. He has a Warlock 31 twin blown 572's that Dennis did for him and its FAST !!!! could be the fastest there ??
His name is John and his wife is Robin and he likes to party !!!!! HP 350 knows him also so watch for him Friday night . You met him at the Portland dinner in Jan.
Hey !! All Washed Up the only one thats gonna be walking is YOU !!!!! when me and Hottie put ya back on the trailer !!!! hehehe !!!

Obsessive Compulsive
04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Again, thanks for all the the info R.R. Should be a great time at Bridge Bay. DCBob, you better bring some extra premix for the chain saw, cause my shit needs alot of cutting to meet your criteria. ha,ha. :rollside: B.M. we will have a cold one at your homestead, see you all there. :cry:

Dimarco21
04-04-2005, 06:02 PM
D21 good to hear. I'll call tonight anyway to help if I can. Me and Lisa are going up on tuesday. You guys will have a spot to park at my houseboat all weekend.
Thanks BM we will take you up on that offer. We are looking foward to the Shasta trip. Are you guys bringing your kids?

Robbie Racer
04-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Keith theres a friend comming down from Salem that will be there at the motel also watch for him as I will be on the lake. He has a Warlock 31 twin blown 572's that Dennis did for him and its FAST !!!! could be the fastest there ?? His name is John and his wife is Robin and he likes to party !!!!! HP 350 knows him also so watch for him Friday night . You met him at the Portland dinner in Jan.
Thanks for the heads up Wayne. We will keep an eye out for John at the motel on Friday night. I think I do remember meeting him at the dinner in Portland. We ought to have quite a convoy heading out from Bridge Bay on Saturday morning to hook up with you guys on the houseboats. :)

HP350SC
04-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Rock-it Man- I had not heard for sure that John was going, I'll have to call him this week.
Looks like my wife and Cliff's wife are not going, and we each have a room reserved. Now we need to switch our two single rooms for a 2 bedroom unit. Anybody need a single king room?

Rock-it man
04-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Rock-it Man- I had not heard for sure that John was going, I'll have to call him this week.
Looks like my wife and Cliff's wife are not going, and we each have a room reserved. Now we need to switch our two single rooms for a 2 bedroom unit. Anybody need a single king room?
He told me ( John) he was going so check with him he may need a room,also PPR was going to try and go he's going to Clear Lake the weekend before and I told him he can put his boat in my shop and pick it up on the way down to the Cat attack.
WHAT !!!! no wife !!! Party time for you and Cliff .
We will be on the Lkae somewhere Fri night and over to meet up with everyone Sat after breakfast. We Will stay friday night over to the right of the Dam way back in that cove thats where all the fishing is early Sat morning ,its easy to limit out on those 20" lake trout .
Sounds like everyone is after me !! and I don't know why !!! what did I do to deserve this ,now its four against one and thats not fair !! !!!with all the new motors and the speeds there claiming ,I had better watch out !!!! hope my motor stays togeather at Havasu for the two weekends I will be there I really want to run at Portland and the Cat Attack .

RACER52
04-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Yep you will have some tuff competition this year.
Hulshots boat may take you, R.R. has nothing the prove cause he's been on top for a couple seasons now. And Washed Ashore will have what it takes when he's got some seat time.
And I just got off the phone with Washed Ashore and his first dyno pull
had bigger numbers than the ones I've seen on the boards to date.. :cool:
I may run up there this afternoon to see the the big numbers when switched off of pump gas.. and the boost is moved up a bit..
I'm sure he'll set the record straight when his feet can touch the ground again but right now he's floatin around on cloud 9 and cant reach the puter. :rollside:
Racer

P P R
04-06-2005, 09:05 AM
I my have to leave the wifes boat, do you think you still have room. My boat maybe sold the people are trying to get the the money together.

Rock-it man
04-06-2005, 09:16 AM
I my have to leave the wifes boat, do you think you still have room. My boat maybe sold the people are trying to get the the money together.
Plenty of room the shop is 60' x 54' and then theres Dennis's shop 100' x 80' so no problem.
So doe's this mean a Skater is on it way !!!!!!!! If you only have the Little Bitty Boat !!!( RUBY'S ROCKIT ) you can stay on the Houseboat or at Bridge Bay with Mike and John.

P P R
04-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Its top secret. Lets just hope I have time to get something for this summer.

Rock-it man
04-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Its top secret. Lets just hope I have time to get something for this summer.
It's not a seceret now !!! The Cats out of the bag !!!
PPR's getting a SKATER !!!!!!!!! I want one too !!!!! A 40 footer !!!!!

P P R
04-06-2005, 09:39 AM
If the deal on my outlaw goes fast enough. Maybe just in time for the cat attack.

Rock-it man
04-06-2005, 09:45 AM
If the deal on my outlaw goes fast enough. Maybe just in time for the cat attack.
AH !! HA !! we have another contender for the Cat Attack !!!!
How DID you talk RUBY into letting YOU !! get a 40 ft SKATER !!!!! we all want to know !!!!

Robbie Racer
04-06-2005, 09:50 AM
PPR, good luck on the trade up to the 40' Skater. I want one of those too when I grow up. :D Hope to see you in it at the Cat Attack.
RR

Rock-it man
04-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Yep you will have some tuff competition this year.
Hulshots boat may take you, R.R. has nothing the prove cause he's been on top for a couple seasons now. And Washed Ashore will have what it takes when he's got some seat time.
And I just got off the phone with Washed Ashore and his first dyno pull
had bigger numbers than the ones I've seen on the boards to date.. :cool:
I may run up there this afternoon to see the the big numbers when switched off of pump gas.. and the boost is moved up a bit..
I'm sure he'll set the record straight when his feet can touch the ground again but right now he's floatin around on cloud 9 and cant reach the puter. :rollside:
Racer
Congrats !!! Washed Ashore !!! I know he has waited a long time for this.I have been to his shop a couple times and with the glass work he has done on that boat its the best looking boat I have ever seen , if I ever need glass work he's the MAN !!!! Big power ,# 6 drive, what more could you want. Post the dyno numbers I need to know what i'm up against !!! hehehe !!!! I think that thing is way to pretty to get wet !!! hehehe !!!
I have a full set of # 6 props now to try from 29 up to 33 pitch and a special one for you !!!!hehehe !!!!
See ya at Shasta !!!

SHASTA HOTTIE
04-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm Planning That Weekend, But Who Needs A Hotel When You Have A House!! See You At The Cove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Count Me In.

DAVEO
04-06-2005, 08:00 PM
I would love to go but need plase to stay. any ideas?

deltarat
04-07-2005, 10:35 AM
You going to take your Bayliner for a ride or what?

deltarat
04-07-2005, 10:36 AM
You going to take your Bayliner for a ride or what? I am going to try to attend if I make it I will have my booat up there.

hulshot
04-08-2005, 08:33 AM
You know me I always fly solo, I have no friends :rolleyes: I will be on the BM party barge or under the deck of my boat, where ever I end up after the night. I am still going up Thurday night to Sunday. Whos going up with me?? Deltarat you in for that time, D21, OC, MO, Racer52, JP, who else is going for those dates??

RACER52
04-08-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm in for those dates. Gonna go up with Washed Ashore and help navigate the houseboat over across the lake. Way across the lake so you know we wont be doing much boating thursday cause a 3 hour cruise will render some drivers un-fit=== :D
Racer

deltarat
04-08-2005, 08:57 AM
You know me I always fly solo, I have no friends :rolleyes: I will be on the BM party barge or under the deck of my boat, where ever I end up after the night. I am still going up Thurday night to Sunday. Whos going up with me?? Deltarat you in for that time, D21, OC, MO, Racer52, JP, who else is going for those dates??
Yea Im in.

Dimarco21
04-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Were in. Friday thru Sunday. I don't know if I can keep up with you guys. I'm maxed out at 54.3 mph. :(
DCBob when are you coming over with that chain saw so we can modify my junk into a cat? I will supply the Mudslides. :D

hulshot
04-08-2005, 09:42 AM
D21 check your pm

DCBob
04-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Were in. Friday thru Sunday. I don't know if I can keep up with you guys. I'm maxed out at 54.3 mph. :(
DCBob when are you coming over with that chain saw so we can modify my junk into a cat? I will supply the Mudslides. :D
So I'm trying to get this F!!&ing chainsaw attachment to mount up to the bottom of this wacker so's I can help out a bro :confused: I'm going to need help (and the mudslides :D)

Obsessive Compulsive
04-08-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm in also like D21 Fri. to Sunday. I'm a little faster than D21, 55.2 MPH. I think something is wrong with my GPS, or I got a barge? Sounds like a great time. It will cool to see all the heavy hitter up there. :D
DCBob, you are bring extra premix to modify my junk? :hammer2:

T-Bag
04-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Me and Alvin (21 daytona) will be arriving friday and staying at the bridge bay until sunday!!!!see ya all there.

Dimarco21
04-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Me and Alvin (21 daytona) will be arriving friday and staying at the bridge bay until sunday!!!!see ya all there.
Man....There goes tha neighborhood. :D
Sound like a party at Bridge Bay!

DAVEO
04-10-2005, 03:44 PM
You going to take your Bayliner for a ride or what? I am going to try to attend if I make it I will have my booat up there.
There would be no reason for me to bring the tug boat if you bring the jet.
I would love to go up.

deltarat
04-10-2005, 05:14 PM
If your wife is gonna go with you I will let you take the jet. If shes not we will have fun in the jet ourselfs.

TUNNEL T
04-10-2005, 07:20 PM
TUNNEL T,tequila sunrise , little boy blue , 3 slow laveys . thur to sun! :yuk:

DAVEO
04-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Im not sure if she will go that might be too much time off. when were you going to leave. r u gona leave with hullshot? if so i will need to put in for the time off.

DAVEO
04-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Wife is going have to stay at bridge bay motel cant get houseboat for dates.

Robbie Racer
04-14-2005, 06:23 AM
Hey guys, I heard a rumor that Bob Leach himself might join us at the Cat Attack this year. If this is true, my money is on him to take the fastest boat trophy. :idea:

Boatmaster
04-14-2005, 06:45 AM
Would that be with his F29 DCB? :wink:

Robbie Racer
04-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Would that be with his F29 DCB? :wink:
Are you thinking of Bob Teague? I think he has a F29. Bob Leach is the owner of Eliminator so I would be pretty surprised if he shows up in anything other than an Eliminator. :D

RACER52
04-14-2005, 08:56 AM
boatmaster have you been sniffen the 2 stroke lately.. That stuff will kill ya... :hammer2:
Racer

Rock-it man
04-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey guys, I heard a rumor that Bob Leach himself might join us at the Cat Attack this year. If this is true, my money is on him to take the fastest boat trophy. :idea:
He may change his mind after the Eliminator Regatta !!!! hehehe !!!! besides he's a twin eng boat he can run against John in the Warlock.
I think RR is just makin waves !!!! and would rather loose to Bob Leach that the ROCKIT MAN !!!!! hehehe !!!

Boatmaster
04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Come on Ladies I was just trying to get R-I-M all fired up. Although you raise a good point RR, nothing would be finer than Teague showing with his F29. Lets try this instead. Does anyone know if they make a bigger blower for R-I-M to buy next year when RR hands his ass to him AGAIN this year. :) Have a nice day..

DCBob
04-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Come on Ladies I was just trying to get R-I-M all fired up. Although you raise a good point RR, nothing would be finer than Teague showing with his F29. Lets try this instead. Does anyone know if they make a bigger blower for R-I-M to buy next year when RR hands his ass to him AGAIN this year. :) Have a nice day..
Whoa :jawdrop:

NICE PAIR
04-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Hey R I M I found a way to make your boat go faster for the cat attack :D http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showpost.php?p=282007&postcount=16

Rock-it man
04-14-2005, 04:45 PM
You guys KILL ME !!!!!!!! it has never been about Robbie Racer its all about a world record !!! I have never once prepared just for RR if he happend to be there or I happened to be there we ran OK !! thats it !! Remember I ran 141.3 myself several times before Teague ran it at 141.9 and I could have duplicated that anytime had I prepared to just run Keith . My focus has been on the record and working toward that end only the only reason I built a new motor with the 980 was the oppertunity presented itself otherwise I would be running the 3.3 still and I KNOW it would have run 150 if I had kept it. So there it is !!!! and QUIT picking on your elders !!!!!!!!! and remember I Never Get Even I GET AHEAD !!!
The motor is in and should fire it up Sunday !!! NO time to dyno so I will just let the speed speek for itself at the Eliminator Regatta. Will be making the speed run on May6 Fri at Havasu for anyone thats happens to be there and 150 mph is the goal !!!!! of course I would be happy with just breaking Eliminators record of 144 mph.

HP350SC
04-14-2005, 04:51 PM
:D I think the "sticky water"at Shasta has already been discussed at the last couple cat attacks! That slickener ought to be just the thing :idea:
Should be a great time this year with all the new boats showimg up. You think Bob Leach will bring this?....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1231DSC00977.jpg

NICE PAIR
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
:D I think the "sticky water"at Shasta has already been discussed at the last couple cat attacks! That slickener ought to be just the thing :idea:
Should be a great time this year with all the new boats showimg up. You think Bob Leach will bring this?....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1231DSC00977.jpg
"NICE" PAIR

Dimarco21
04-14-2005, 06:05 PM
You guys KILL ME !!!!!!!! it has never been about Robbie Racer its all about a world record !!! I have never once prepared just for RR if he happend to be there or I happened to be there we ran OK !! thats it !! Remember I ran 141.3 myself several times before Teague ran it at 141.9 and I could have duplicated that anytime had I prepared to just run Keith .
Riiiight....What about Hookey Day last year? :D

HP350SC
04-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Here's my friend John's 31' Warlock, the rougher the water the better for him. Runs best in 2'+ chop......
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1231DSC00179.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1231DSC00835.jpg

Rock-it man
04-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Riiiight....What about Hookey Day last year? :D
Same deal !! I had the new Weisman drive on and only maybe two hrs on it and it was the last chance to get on the water that year for some testing ,and only had one prop I borrowed from Washed Ashore it would max out at 6400 rpm with 5 lbs boost at 135 mph +I could have changed pullys and ran it to 19 lbs boost but that made no since with that prop would be to many rpm's. Just wanted to get some seat time with the new surface drive before any real speed runs.I was happy with what it did but was limited to what I could do with that prop.Now I have a full set from 27 to 33 to test from so will be prepared for anything .It takes about two hrs to prepare the motor for a speed run I have to not only change the pullys but re time the motor ,pump one take empty and put in 110 or VP16 race fuel then make a short run to check EGT , plugs ,etc . You see its a big deal to set up for a speed run and at the delta we did not have any props to use I had ony finally got the Wiesman drive a few weeks before. Keith has a very fast boat and has been there at the right time and right place to run but now his luck may have ran out as I think if this new setup does what I think it will do at Havasu and will hold up without breaking anything I will be able to run a consistant 140 + anywhere. 150+ mph is not something I will be doing every day it will be a one time deal at Havasu. Its dificult enough to get a boat to 120 + mph and those that have know what I mean and the next step to 130 mph is an even more dificult task and then to 140 and beyond seems some times impossible , those of you that have been there know !!!!!!!!!!!! Keith knows what i'm rattling on about and any of you drag racers know too. So see ya at the Lake and its OK to bring on the Juice !!! Keith and Hulshot !!!!! cause your gonna need it to just run in my wake !!!!

deltarat
04-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Same deal !! I had the new Weisman drive on and only maybe two hrs on it and it was the last chance to get on the water that year for some testing ,and only had one prop I borrowed from Washed Ashore it would max out at 6400 rpm with 5 lbs boost at 135 mph +I could have changed pullys and ran it to 19 lbs boost but that made no since with that prop would be to many rpm's. Just wanted to get some seat time with the new surface drive before any real speed runs.I was happy with what it did but was limited to what I could do with that prop.Now I have a full set from 27 to 33 to test from so will be prepared for anything .It takes about two hrs to prepare the motor for a speed run I have to not only change the pullys but re time the motor ,pump one take empty and put in 110 or VP16 race fuel then make a short run to check EGT , plugs ,etc . You see its a big deal to set up for a speed run and at the delta we did not have any props to use I had ony finally got the Wiesman drive a few weeks before. Keith has a very fast boat and has been there at the right time and right place to run but now his luck may have ran out as I think if this new setup does what I think it will do at Havasu and will hold up without breaking anything I will be able to run a consistant 140 + anywhere. 150+ mph is not something I will be doing every day it will be a one time deal at Havasu. Its dificult enough to get a boat to 120 + mph and those that have know what I mean and the next step to 130 mph is an even more dificult task and then to 140 and beyond seems some times impossible , those of you that have been there know !!!!!!!!!!!! Keith knows what i'm rattling on about and any of you drag racers know too. So see ya at the Lake and its OK to bring on the Juice !!! Keith and Hulshot !!!!! cause your gonna need it to just run in my wake !!!!
RIM I have to throw up the Bull Shit flag on this one. While we all know you have a real nice boat, and we all know it goes real fast, we all know that on Hooky day you never broke 125 mph. The only boat that ran over a 135 mph as you claim you did was Keith at 138 MPH, of course you had already left with your tail between your legs by then. I do hope that you can achive your speeds with your new set up, and wish you the best of luck doing so. But as far as it stands now I think ther are a few boats that are looking forward to having you tell him how their motors sounds at full speed from behind. Good luck in Havasu and please be careful.

Rock-it man
04-15-2005, 08:55 AM
RIM I have to throw up the Bull Shit flag on this one. While we all know you have a real nice boat, and we all know it goes real fast, we all know that on Hooky day you never broke 125 mph. The only boat that ran over a 135 mph as you claim you did was Keith at 138 MPH, of course you had already left with your tail between your legs by then. I do hope that you can achive your speeds with your new set up, and wish you the best of luck doing so. But as far as it stands now I think ther are a few boats that are looking forward to having you tell him how their motors sounds at full speed from behind. Good luck in Havasu and please be careful.
WRONG !!!!!! I made several passes at 135 mph verified with gps and Radar !!!!!!!! possibly more if there had been a little more room. But the FACT IS 135 mph was the speed there. !!!!! I think you guys are just picking on me to get me riled up ,no need as I'm so excited about this new setup I can't wait till Havasu allready !!!

hulshot
04-15-2005, 09:24 AM
No need to add more fuel to this fire, RIM's pacmaker might need to have a wipple put on it to keep up.heheheLOL :rollside:
rim glad to hear you may finally bring life into the motor, remember dont run it too long on the break in, it may just break. JK So you are not going to the big poker run in Havasu at the end of april??? Show some pics of the neww beast, its not a secret anymore. You are right that 120 is hard to break into and 130 is even harder. Keep pushing the boost up and you will break the 150 barrier, hopfully tou dont break the motor first.. I am jazzed only one week left before Havasu.
Oh yeah and RIM I wont need NOS, we will never race eachother anyway. The race will be over before yu hit 50, I wont run for 2-3 miles in open water so you could have a chance to catch up. sorry, you wont be pairing up against HULLSHOT :yuk: :cool:

Rock-it man
04-15-2005, 02:31 PM
No need to add more fuel to this fire, RIM's pacmaker might need to have a wipple put on it to keep up.heheheLOL :rollside:
rim glad to hear you may finally bring life into the motor, remember dont run it too long on the break in, it may just break. JK So you are not going to the big poker run in Havasu at the end of april??? Show some pics of the neww beast, its not a secret anymore. You are right that 120 is hard to break into and 130 is even harder. Keep pushing the boost up and you will break the 150 barrier, hopfully tou dont break the motor first.. I am jazzed only one week left before Havasu.
Oh yeah and RIM I wont need NOS, we will never race eachother anyway. The race will be over before yu hit 50, I wont run for 2-3 miles in open water so you could have a chance to catch up. sorry, you wont be pairing up against HULLSHOT :yuk: :cool:
If this thing works like I plan it ,you will be amazed what it can do now that the drive is dependable maybe not from a dead stop but once i'm on plane you may have a run for your money in a 1/4 mile .Just before I tore it all down and sent the drive and drop box to Weisman for a look see I hammered it from a stop a few times from 0-130 and it pulled so hard it almost scared me !!!! Sure want to hearit run and maybe Sunday if I can keep focused on it. I want to see JP's motor and All Washed Up's power plant so get some pics up ,I will post some next week once its all togeather.

MOBrien
04-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Hell yea, this is gonna be fun!!! That's right all you psycho's, The Donald has just confirmed a reservation at Bridge Bay for Friday & Sat. Got me a slip too. Speaking of slips, if you're in need of a slip or know someone who is, better get' em quick. Here's what's left for slips....
3 - 11'x28'ers
1 - 10'x26'er
6 - 10'x22'ers
As well, there seem to be plenty of rooms, but no more kitchen suites...got the last one. heheheh :D
Who's bringin the kids with 'em? We're tryin to figure out if it'll be time for an "adults only" weekend for us or if we pull 'em along.
Can't freaking wait! Oh and.....whatever happens RIM, just be smart in Havasu. All smack talking aside, we want you and your ***boat in Shasta with us. Post a pic of that focker already!!!
-MOB

Robbie Racer
04-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Hey MOB, glad you're going to be able to join us. We will see you at the Bridge Bay motel.

Hammer
04-16-2005, 06:07 PM
You guys KILL ME !!!!!!!! it has never been about Robbie Racer its all about a world record !!! I have never once prepared just for RR if he happend to be there or I happened to be there we ran OK !! thats it !! Remember I ran 141.3 myself several times before Teague ran it at 141.9 and I could have duplicated that anytime had I prepared to just run Keith . My focus has been on the record and working toward that end only the only reason I built a new motor with the 980 was the oppertunity presented itself otherwise I would be running the 3.3 still and I KNOW it would have run 150 if I had kept it. So there it is !!!! and QUIT picking on your elders !!!!!!!!! and remember I Never Get Even I GET AHEAD !!!
The motor is in and should fire it up Sunday !!! NO time to dyno so I will just let the speed speek for itself at the Eliminator Regatta. Will be making the speed run on May6 Fri at Havasu for anyone thats happens to be there and 150 mph is the goal !!!!! of course I would be happy with just breaking Eliminators record of 144 mph.
It look’s like you have a long ways to go RIM. I just watched R Fountain hit 171 for the new world record. Oh yea, that was done in a V bottom too!

Obsessive Compulsive
04-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Who's bringin the kids with 'em? We're tryin to figure out if it'll be time for an "adults only" weekend for us or if we pull 'em along.
-MOB[/QUOTE]
Great to here you aer going, we are leaving our rug rat at grandmam's. :) Are you leaving friday moring or what?

MOBrien
04-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey MOB, glad you're going to be able to join us. We will see you at the Bridge Bay motel.
Hell yes you will Keith, really lookin forward to it. :D

MOBrien
04-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Great to here you aer going, we are leaving our rug rat at grandmam's. :) Are you leaving friday moring or what?
gonna have to play that one by ear a little. As early on Friday as we can but I'll probably have to work at least a half day on Friday. Whatever happens, we'll be there with time to launch, quick check cruise, find our slip, and head to the room for cocktails. :D We may have kids in tow...not sure yet.
It'll be a great weekend up there!
So who all's at Bridge Bay??
1. RobbieRacer
2. HP350SC
3. DAVEO
4. MOBrien
5. NorCalCat?
6. D21?
7. OC?
8. Deltarat?
9. Hammer?
Who All's on Houseboats?

T-Bag
04-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Me and alivin (21 daytona) are staying at the bridge bay (not together) Fri thru Sun.

DCBob
04-17-2005, 06:50 PM
1. RobbieRacer
2. HP350SC
3. DAVEO
4. MOBrien
5. NorCalCat?
6. D21?
7. OC?
8. Deltarat?
9. Hammer?
Who All's on Houseboats?
gonna have to play that one by ear a little. As early on Friday as we can but I'll probably have to work at least a half day on Friday. Whatever happens, we'll be there with time to launch, quick check cruise, find our slip, and head to the room for cocktails. :D We may have kids in tow...not sure yet.
1. RobbieRacer
2. HP350SC
3. DAVEO
4. MOBrien
5. NorCalCat?
6. D21?
7. OC?
8. Deltarat?
9. Hammer?
Who All's on Houseboats?
1.Boatmaster
2.DCBob
3.Nice Pair

stoker2001
04-17-2005, 08:21 PM
he is having a hard time with this posting stuff so i am trying to help out :cool: he will be at cat attack looking to play with his Eliminator :crossx: and want to do this to hurt some feelings :cry: :( :p http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1052Dean_Jory_003-med.jpg

Robbie Racer
04-18-2005, 06:26 AM
Hey Kevin,
How did you do at Firebird? I still haven't been able to find any race results posted anywhere. Who won PCE?
RR

Dimarco21
04-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Me and alivin (21 daytona) are staying at the bridge bay (not together) Fri thru Sun.
Riiight. :D

stoker2001
04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey Kevin,
How did you do at Firebird? I still haven't been able to find any race results posted anywhere. Who won PCE?
RRLady luck was on my side again tell i redlit in final :frown: .only twelve boats in mod/elim,qualified #1 with 10.03.got first round win cause the other boat didnt show.ric baretta slept bad at lights in his blown chrysler hydro in second round and he broke out trying to run me down.i earned the bye in third round and went to final :o we are all lucky Lipinsky isnt runnin M/E this year!!i seen some PCE boats and wondered what there index was :confused: John from J&M marine kicked but in his feather weight N2O crusader jet in T/E.not sure if he won the final round though?

Robbie Racer
04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
Kevin, congratulations on making it to the finals again in a tough class. Are you going to compete at Red Bluff and Chowchilla this year?
RR

HP350SC
04-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Kevin, you're sounding more and more like John Force! LOL
Sounds like you're running pretty consistent low 10's E.T., congratulations.
Are you enjoying the new 22.4?

stoker2001
04-19-2005, 01:02 PM
thanks mike and keith!!i am hooked now and will race all california races and maybe finals if i am in the hunt?anybody want to sponser the "Whacker Smacker" :idea: :sleeping: had the new Stoker out twice now and really enjoying it.have beeen trying several props,looking for a bravo 1 four blade 24 pitch if anyone has one let me know,thanks

TUNNEL T
04-19-2005, 02:18 PM
WRONG !!!!!! I made several passes at 135 mph verified with gps and Radar !!!!!!!! possibly more if there had been a little more room. But the FACT IS 135 mph was the speed there. !!!!! I think you guys are just picking on me to get me riled up ,no need as I'm so excited about this new setup I can't wait till Havasu allready !!!
what delta were you running! you were gone by the second stop . long way to drive for two hrs of boating! :sleeping: :idea: TUNNEL T(you and hullshot can compare gps , and you'll go home with tail between your legsAGAIN! )

stoker2001
04-19-2005, 04:43 PM
hey anthony,after testing a few props with the new ride i found there is no way i will be able to turn a bravo 26 and will have to run a 24 unless i go with one of the 2006 300hp optimax that i heard a rumor merc will come out with :coffeycup :rollside:

Boatlesss
04-19-2005, 07:40 PM
RIM, is your boat faster with the same engine and new drive as it was with the Bravo?

deltarat
04-20-2005, 06:56 AM
RIM where the pics of the new power plant, we all are waiting to see this monster of yours.

Rock-it man
04-20-2005, 08:08 AM
RIM, is your boat faster with the same engine and new drive as it was with the Bravo?
My dig camera took a dump going to buy a new one this week end should have ya a pic soon.
BM , After I got the new drive we only had three runs with it one at Shasta when I melted down the innercooler it ran 135 with Washed Ashore's 29 prop ,one at Havasu with the same prop and it ran 137 and once at the delta when it ran 135 same prop ,at 5-7 lbs boost on AV gas ,those runs were with the Quadrotor and the Weisman drive .Those numbers were better than when I had the 4x4 . I did not want to turn the prop I had over 6500 rpm ,I know the Quadrotor would have got me to 150 with 20 lbs boost but did not have a prop at that time to try., besides I needed seat time with the surface drive to see how it was at 135 + thats why I came down to the delta for a short time just to see how it was at sea level and it did better than I thought it would . It was't till after that the this oppertunity came up to build this new motor other wise I would still be using the Quadrotor,Dustin at Whipple set me up with this deal so could not pass up the chance to build something not seen before.Being the delta run was the last one for me I also needed to put the new drive to the test so I hammered it as much as I could and it has held up fine I sent it down this last winter and had Weisman go through it and the drop box so it was fresh for this year. Will need a little more time to get some real numbers from it but I have a lot more power now with the 980 as I had with the Quad ,just hope the fuel injection works as I have never used it before.
Was hopeing that All Washed Up would post a pic or too ,if I post first I may scare him away !!!! hehehe !!!!!

T-Bag
04-20-2005, 09:11 AM
he is having a hard time with this posting stuff so i am trying to help out :cool: he will be at cat attack looking to play with his Eliminator :crossx: and want to do this to hurt some feelings :cry: :( :p http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1052Dean_Jory_003-med.jpg
I think I know who it is and he is looking for a red Stoker!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

MOBrien
04-21-2005, 08:06 AM
My dig camera took a dump going to buy a new one this week end should have ya a pic soon.
A likely story....come on RIMmer, show the beast!!!

ELIMINAT THIS
04-21-2005, 08:08 AM
I think I know who it is and he is looking for a red Stoker!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I know a red stoker,but he must be hunting a different one cause that ain't going to be enough.If it is the same one he better be sandbaggin. :eat:

hulshot
04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
So why is Dean Tognotti gunnin for a red stoker? If it is the same red one I know of it should be a good run. and I also hope he has more Nos plummed up or there meeting.
The little red stoker is not out for anyone but himself, and he has fun at all speeds. If someone wants to dance, just let them know he always leads with his right foot.!!!!! :D :D :D :eat: :supp:

Robbie Racer
04-22-2005, 06:02 AM
If someone wants to dance, just let them know he always leads with his right foot.!!!!! :D :D :D :eat: :supp:
Well said. :D

deltarat
04-22-2005, 06:28 AM
So why is Dean Tognotti gunnin for a red stoker? If it is the same red one I know of it should be a good run. and I also hope he has more Nos plummed up or there meeting.
The little red stoker is not out for anyone but himself, and he has fun at all speeds. If someone wants to dance, just let them know he always leads with his right foot.!!!!! :D :D :D :eat: :supp:
You better watch out. I heard Hulshot has to right feet, and you just might get your toes steped on.

RACER52
04-22-2005, 08:40 AM
you guys crack me up.. :D
Line em up===run em...
If you dont like the results then put it on trailer or turn around and run em again.... :clover: maybe lady luck will be on your side the second time around...
:jawdrop:
you guys will all be standing around on the rocky hillside waiting for someone to run. Bunch of trailer queens?? :idea:
We'll see..
Racer

HP350SC
04-22-2005, 08:49 AM
I'll run you all!!! And jusr remember I ALWAYS GET AHEAD!!!!!

HP350SC
04-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Hey??? What's going on? Sorry guys, I think Wayne hacked into my computer! :D :D :D

DCBob
04-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Hey??? What's going on? Sorry guys, I think Wayne hacked into my computer! :D :D :D
:D LOL :D

deltarat
04-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Lets see what the excuse of the week is this week. RIM wheres the PICS?

Rock-it man
04-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Lets see what the excuse of the week is this week. RIM wheres the PICS?
I cut my picture taking finger putting togeather stainless lines !!! hehehe !!!I'm afraid to add up the cost of fittings and hose's I know its over 5K by now !!!!! Almost ready for a pic so keep your pants on !!!!!! maybe this week end ,this is a MAJOR PROJECT and sometimes I wish I had not started it but have to finish it now !!!!!!! working on the final rigging and nothing fits !!!!!! why don't manufactures make something that fits right, there ought to be a law against it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry when you see it you WILL be AMAZED !!!!!!!!!!!
Come on ALL WASHED UP where's the scoop on your's so ___ If you show me yours I will show you mine !!! hehehe !!!!

RACER52
04-22-2005, 01:59 PM
washed ashore has the dyno numbers that it takes to get the speed record.
:2purples:
I wonder if the Rocket ship will prevail??? Or will the washed ashore project take the cake and record..
Question??===If you get the single engine record which I really hope you do, are you gonna try again after Jeff sets the bar even higher??? :220v:
Racer

stoker2001
04-22-2005, 02:32 PM
The little red stoker is not out for anyone but himself, and he has fun at all speeds. If someone wants to dance, just let them know he always leads with his right foot.!!!!! :D :D :D :eat: :supp:been trying for years to get those daytona boys out to BBSP,but it is too far :cry: :rolleyes: look forward to seeing you and mark next week at speed alley.maybe the Mach 22s with drag motors will run you guys from a roll :lightsabei know i wont :squiggle: there will be at least two other pisspots set up like mine that are going to give me all i can handle :boxingguy we are going to try and meet at Windsor ramp at 830 am friday

T-Bag
04-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Just wanna start by saying that hopefully everyone can handle a little stir of the ole pot.. My boat is not the fastest thing out there so I can't personlly talk shit, but can sure have fun with others. I think Dean heard some mph #'s being tossed around and is courious to see if they are so. No huffy puffy shit involed just good times :D :D and wants to runnem at shasta. :jawdrop:

HP350SC
04-22-2005, 06:10 PM
All right, what's all the huffy puffy shit about :D

MOBrien
04-22-2005, 11:15 PM
so are we runnin with handicaps???
.....just give me a little lead, say, when you can't see me anymore...then you can hit it. That makes it about fair right? :idea: ....and I'm referring to all' y'all since I'm the slow poke. :D
heheheh. I don't really care who runs who, or who sets what speed record, or, or, or.....I just wanna be there already and have some fun in the sun. Most important is that everyone has a great time and is safe & smart while they're at it. :clover:
I will say though, RIMmer's got his work cut out............post the damn pics already Wayne!!!!!!! Sheesh.
We want to see The 980 Beast. :2purples:

hulshot
04-23-2005, 10:58 AM
What numbers has he heard about?????
Jp will take care of the high speed numbers for me being he is likly faster on the big end. Hp 350 will be in second place and the red little puddle jumper junk will take up the rear of the pack for the stoker clan. Mike I have some pics of the fuel system, but I will be changing it soon. Leaving for havasu in a few hours. ye haw. See you there Kevin. we will likly see you at the alley. you cant miss mine. looks like a cartoon boat. I polished the chrome because it dont go that fast, you know it is only a trailer queen. :D

HP350SC
04-23-2005, 02:38 PM
What numbers has he heard about?????
Jp will take care of the high speed numbers for me being he is likly faster on the big end. Hp 350 will be in second place and the red little puddle jumper junk will take up the rear of the pack for the stoker clan. Mike I have some pics of the fuel system, but I will be changing it soon. Leaving for havasu in a few hours. ye haw. See you there Kevin. we will likly see you at the alley. you cant miss mine. looks like a cartoon boat. I polished the chrome because it dont go that fast, you know it is only a trailer queen. :D
Hahaha- Spoken like a true SANDBAGGER !
I'm working on my excuse list already:
1. My boat is uncircumsized=("hood" still on) and it is very heavy.
2. I only have a 1000gph fuel pump.
3. The water is too sticky for my boat.
4. Blue is the slowest of Stoker's colors.
5. What is the altitude here?
6. Fuggin linkage!

Robbie Racer
04-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Hahaha- Spoken like a true SANDBAGGER !
I'm working on my excuse list already:
1. My boat is uncircumsized=("hood" still on) and it is very heavy.
2. I only have a 1000gph fuel pump.
3. The water is too sticky for my boat.
4. Blue is the slowest of Stoker's colors.
5. What is the altitude here?
6. Fuggin linkage!
Those are some good ones and here are a couple more:
1) I don't have the right prop..... or
2) I left the little blower pulley(s) in the truck. :cry:
:wink: :D

Dimarco21
04-23-2005, 03:46 PM
That's not right...... :D

Oldman_Boatmaster
04-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Nobody would use those weak excuses. Would they? :D :D

SHASTA HOTTIE
04-24-2005, 12:21 PM
QUOTE=Rock-it man]Congrats !!! Washed Ashore !!! I know he has waited a long time for this.I have been to his shop a couple times and with the glass work he has done on that boat its the best looking boat I have ever seen , if I ever need glass work he's the MAN !!!! Big power ,# 6 drive, what more could you want. Post the dyno numbers I need to know what i'm up against !!! hehehe !!!! I think that thing is way to pretty to get wet !!! hehehe !!!
I have a full set of # 6 props now to try from 29 up to 33 pitch and a special one for you !!!!hehehe !!!!
See ya at Shasta !!![/QUOTE]
HEY ROCKET I WAS WONDERIND IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SAC RACE ????? DID THEY CHANGE ITS NAME???? SEE YOU SHASTA.

DAVEO
04-24-2005, 04:07 PM
so are we runnin with handicaps???
.....just give me a little lead, say, when you can't see me anymore...then you can hit it. That makes it about fair right? :idea: ....and I'm referring to all' y'all since I'm the slow poke. :D
heheheh. I don't really care who runs who, or who sets what speed record, or, or, or.....I just wanna be there already and have some fun in the sun. Most important is that everyone has a great time and is safe & smart while they're at it. :clover:
I will say though, RIMmer's got his work cut out............post the damn pics already Wayne!!!!!!! Sheesh.
We want to see The 980 Beast. :2purples:
Well said, But you are not the slow poke i am i max out at 51 YAHOOO! Its all good Ill be at the lake .

Dimarco21
04-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Well said, But you are not the slow poke i am i max out at 51 YAHOOO! Its all good Ill be at the lake .
DAVEO, O.C. and I have you beat at 43 and 46 mph. You may be slow but we are sloooooow. :notam:

MOBrien
04-28-2005, 11:57 AM
DAVEO, O.C. and I have you beat at 43 and 46 mph. You may be slow but we are sloooooow. :notam:
Blah, blah, blah Phil. :notam: :coffeycup :squiggle: For some reason I didn't realize that you guys were heading up to the Shasta trip. Glad to know you are.....'tis gonna be friggin fun! Where you guys stayin anyway?
later,
MOB

NorCalCat
04-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Blah, blah, blah Phil. :notam: :coffeycup :squiggle: For some reason I didn't realize that you guys were heading up to the Shasta trip. Glad to know you are.....'tis gonna be friggin fun! Where you guys stayin anyway?
later,
MOB
MOB, we are all at Bridge Bay. YIKES, I feel sorry for the rest of the families on vacation :2purples: :jawdrop:

Dimarco21
04-28-2005, 01:05 PM
later,
MOB
Like NorCal said, we are staying at Bridge Bay....should be a party. :D

Rock-it man
04-28-2005, 02:15 PM
There ya go pickin on the older generation again !!!!! I never make excuses only state facts !!!!!!
So heres a FACT !!! JACK !!!! I WILL have the right pullys and the Fuel with me at Shasta and being I won't be making it to Havasu ,if the water is good I will crank it up for a 150 mph run !!!!! How's that !!!!!
Ran out of time to get all the testing required to make a speed run by May 6 at Havasu. The only runs I have make were with All Washed Up's prop and need to do a lot of prop testing with my new props and get the fuel injection working properly.It took a whole summer to get it dialed in right last time and really need to do it right again ,would be really dumb of me to go to Havasu and try for those kind of speeds without knowing how the boat is going to handle with this new setup , safety has to be first !!!.I have added a lot of weight to the back and just need some seat time before any speed runs.Will be at Shasta Memorial weekend may 27-30 working on dialing in the boat if anyone is around that weekend.
SERIOUS NOTE !!!!!!..............................
I see a lot of boats running speeds not seen before and please don't take this wrong but we need to be very! very! carefull about reaching for that top speed and that meens ME TOO !!!!Safety has to be FIRST .!!!!!!!some of these small boats are now what I consider the same as a DRAG boat and capable of some of thoses speeds associated with drag racing only they are required to wear helmets ,and a lot of other special gear.We need to have a lot of room at Shasta to run like we have in the past with boats exceeding 140 mph now we need a lot of clear shutdown room and not have any boats near by for our runs togeather. I love what we do at Shasta but I really think we should all have a clear understanding of what is happening out there and the risk we are taking on the water at these speeds.I think before we start our fun on Saterday at the Cat Attack we should all set down and agree on some safety measures . I want to our fun to continue at Shasta or for that matter any other lake to be safe. Thanks guys and see ya at Shasta !!!!!!!!

deltarat
04-28-2005, 09:13 PM
For safety reasons I have to say that the excuses have already started!!!! So whats the excuse of the week this time, where are the pics of the new set up? I can say from the bottom of my heart that we all agree that safety is the number one concern of everyone who runs hard. I watched Hullshot make some wide open passes for the first time while I was in Havasu this week, and I can honestly say he had his helmet on and had plenty of space for his shut down. He was flying solo, and I took video. I am not going to tell you the speeds he ran :2purples: , because I want to see the excuse you can come up with when his delta junk kicks your high $$$$ ass. But all joking aside, safety should be everybodys concern. Weather you are running a boat or spectating, you need to be conscience and completly aware of whos doing what. Any one who is pushing the limits of their boat wants to know that the people watching are a safe distance away, but still close enough react in a bad situation. It is all of our responsibilty to make sure everybody returns home to there familys after the weekend is over. Again I say, RIM I hope you are able to obtain the speeds you are looking for and I can't wait to see it happen. I just hope I am not watching someone else do it as I am listening to your excuses, again. :D

HP350SC
04-29-2005, 07:03 AM
A little bird told me that motor looks BAD ASS! Will be quite a challenge to get tuning done and necessary seat time with only 6 weeks to go. :squiggle: :coffeycup

Rock-it man
04-29-2005, 07:21 AM
If ya want to call it an excuse OK ! but anyone that builds there own engines knows what I'm going through nothin fits and in this case we had to manufacture all the accessory mountings ,Racecrafters has been a lot of help in this buildup as I have never seen a setup like the one we are doing ,will fire it up hopefully Sunday and then start work on the injection system, as soon as the headers are on I will post a pic but be prepared to be aw !!struck !!!!!!! Wish I could have been in Havasu !!!!

DAVEO
04-29-2005, 04:02 PM
later,
MOB
Im staying at bridge bay. We are leaving wed. the 8th. early in the morning. Around 8 am.

DAVEO
04-29-2005, 04:05 PM
BULL I have seen your boat. Unless you are going to swim you are not slower than I.

78Anthonyjet
04-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Shit Dave, no one is slower than you. :eek:

Rock-it man
05-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Sun the motor fired up !!!!!! YEE !!!! HAW !!!!!!!!! sounds a little differen't than I thought .Will be at Shasta Sat & sun testing . Tried to upload a pic and won't work so will have to send to someone to do for me.

deltarat
05-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Sun the motor fired up !!!!!! YEE !!!! HAW !!!!!!!!! sounds a little differen't than I thought .Will be at Shasta Sat & sun testing . Tried to upload a pic and won't work so will have to send to someone to do for me.
Another week with no pic, but at least its a new excuse this week. ....congrats on getting the motor started. We all are looking forward to seeing pics of your new Frankinstein.

acatitude
05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
damn its nice to be back in town and see nothing has changed with RIM. and as usual for one reson or another he wont be the fastest again, oh well just build it bigger. As always I will be happy to play tour guide to all the ladies in my water taxi as you guys race around in your fast boats. its a dirty job but someone has to do it :D :D now wheres the crank for this old buggy???

HP350SC
05-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Well I got my boat out Sat. and Sun., first time this year. Running very well since I found 3 problems over the Winter. Oil cooler was plugged with Delta pebbles :D , idle air bypass valve was tits up and bleeding off boost, and new fuel system works like a champ. Fresh lab on prop and I'm good to go. Buzzed it up to 5600. I'm happy with that, and just going to enjoy what I have. I seem to have more fear in me this year.

HP350SC
05-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Feast your eyes on this, looks great Rock it man ........ :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/1231980epic.jpg

bordsmnj
05-02-2005, 04:49 PM
congrats on the numbrs hp350sc! and DAMMIT thats a motor! whats rocket man got that thing in? i too wonder who flipped but no ones talkin'.

HP350SC
05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
congrats on the numbrs hp350sc! and DAMMIT thats a motor! whats rocket man got that thing in? i too wonder who flipped but no ones talkin'.
Rock-it man has a 26 Daytona, with a Weisman drive...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1231DSC00859.jpg

bordsmnj
05-02-2005, 05:21 PM
i don't have my boat yet so it was definantly not me,lol. that is some serious looking hardware that rockitmans got.niiice. iseen the pic of this one orange and red one that actually looked like a 20 footer i/o setup. and there was at leats one other one with a whakker.bunch a pics over at RRL.

DAVEO
05-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Hull Shot is good. Spoke with him yesterday.

deltarat
05-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey RIM you wert shitin about there being a lot of hoses. That motor looks sick as hell. I cant wait to hear it running. Thanks for putting up with all the crap and thanks for posting a pic of the new engine.

Rock-it man
05-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks Mike for posting the pic ,its still no done in this pic but very close ,will be running it at Shasta this weekend to get some base line boost ,egt, you know all the numbers so I can dial it in.
OK !!! Keith this is what your gonna be seeing the back end of at the Cat Attack !!!!!! I just hope it drivable !!! I may need one of you to push start me and someone with a squirt bottle to help start it !!!! hehehe !!!!

deltarat
05-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Hull Shot is good. Spoke with him yesterday.
Jackpunx is also good

Boatmaster
05-02-2005, 07:46 PM
There ya go pickin on the older generation again !!!!! I never make excuses only state facts !!!!!!
So heres a FACT !!! JACK !!!! I WILL have the right pullys and the Fuel with me at Shasta and being I won't be making it to Havasu ,if the water is good I will crank it up for a 150 mph run !!!!! How's that !!!!!
Ran out of time to get all the testing required to make a speed run by May 6 at Havasu. The only runs I have make were with All Washed Up's prop and need to do a lot of prop testing with my new props and get the fuel injection working properly.It took a whole summer to get it dialed in right last time and really need to do it right again ,would be really dumb of me to go to Havasu and try for those kind of speeds without knowing how the boat is going to handle with this new setup , safety has to be first !!!.I have added a lot of weight to the back and just need some seat time before any speed runs.Will be at Shasta Memorial weekend may 27-30 working on dialing in the boat if anyone is around that weekend.
SERIOUS NOTE !!!!!!..............................
I see a lot of boats running speeds not seen before and please don't take this wrong but we need to be very! very! carefull about reaching for that top speed and that meens ME TOO !!!!Safety has to be FIRST .!!!!!!!some of these small boats are now what I consider the same as a DRAG boat and capable of some of thoses speeds associated with drag racing only they are required to wear helmets ,and a lot of other special gear.We need to have a lot of room at Shasta to run like we have in the past with boats exceeding 140 mph now we need a lot of clear shutdown room and not have any boats near by for our runs togeather. I love what we do at Shasta but I really think we should all have a clear understanding of what is happening out there and the risk we are taking on the water at these speeds.I think before we start our fun on Saterday at the Cat Attack we should all set down and agree on some safety measures . I want to our fun to continue at Shasta or for that matter any other lake to be safe. Thanks guys and see ya at Shasta !!!!!!!!
I must say I agree with R-I-M on this one. I just got home tonight from the BBSP and learned a lesson. We all think that these are just lake boats and nothing will happen to one of us. Think again, it can and will happen at some time.

HP350SC
05-02-2005, 08:19 PM
RIM I just noticed you sent more than one picture.
I like this one....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/1231980pic1.jpg

HP350SC
05-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Looks like Keith got into my computer and "worked" on the hatch!

Robbie Racer
05-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Looks like Keith got into my computer and "worked" on the hatch!
LOL, it took me awhile to decode your password but I finally found it. :D Congratulations on the great performance numbers.
That motor looks bad assed with the new blower Wayne. You might just be able to keep up with the rest of us now. :rollside:

RACER52
05-03-2005, 10:55 AM
hey guys were back...
Havasu was off the hook, the boats down there make me want to take up
quilting or something like that cause I'll probably never be able to compete. But it sure is fun to look at those bad boys...
The racer ride finally broke into the 115mph bracket. I believe it has about another 3-4 mph in her cause that was at 6000rpms.. Hulshot let me use his Herring 29p 5 blade and the motor couldnt pull any more rrr's.. I think with a 28 bravo it will get some more rrr's and mph.
But the motor is coming out due to a little water in the oil.. A water blew off and I really overheated the motor.. If its just heads or gasket then it will go back together. If not then my race car sponser said he would build any shortblock combo in 2 1/2 weeks so we will GO BIGGER..
I just have to ask Dustin how big I can go with the 2.3's I have..
Racer

deltarat
05-03-2005, 11:08 AM
hey guys were back...
quilting or something like that cause I'll probably never be able to compete. But it sure is fun to look at those bad boys...
The racer ride finally broke into the 115mph bracket. I believe it has about another 3-4 mph in her cause that was at 6000rpms.. Hulshot let me use his Herring 29p 5 blade and the motor couldnt pull any more rrr's.. I think with a 28 bravo it will get some more rrr's and mph.
But the motor is coming out due to a little water in the oil.. A water blew off and I really overheated the motor.. If its just heads or gasket then it will go back together. If not then my race car sponser said he would build any shortblock combo in 2 1/2 weeks so we will GO BIGGER..
Racer
That really sucks Troy, heres to hopeing its just a gasket and you will be back on the water in 5 days or less. If you need a hand tearing it down just drop a line. Anything I can do to help you out I will be glad to do.

HP350SC
05-03-2005, 12:53 PM
hey guys were back...
Racer
Remember we talked about running a water pressure dump at anything over 25-30 lbs?
Merc. raised the price on theirs from $100 to $230. Hope you got one back then.

RACER52
05-03-2005, 02:50 PM
boy do I remember... :hammer2:

HP350SC
05-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Another one of the pics......
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/1231980pic3.jpg

Rock-it man
05-03-2005, 03:30 PM
I must say I agree with R-I-M on this one. I just got home tonight from the BBSP and learned a lesson. We all think that these are just lake boats and nothing will happen to one of us. Think again, it can and will happen at some time.
Sure hope everone is OK !!!! Broken parts can be fixed we don't fix that easy !!!!!We need to treat these speed runs like the REAL DEAL !!!! When it comes to safety I will let anyone out run me, if I see anything at all out front that doesn't feel right I back off, what bothers me most is seeing a boat crossing in front of me a half mile off knowing I will have to cross that wake or someone comming out of a cove ,at 140 mph I cannot make anyturns would be most unwise. I have leaned not to make very hard left turns with a surface drive the prop will pull you sideways and you spin out !!!! keep that in mind Washed Ashore try it at low speed so you will know what to expect. Glad to here the Shasta group is all OK .Is anyone gonna say what happened I have read several versions.

HP350SC
05-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Rock-it.... check your PM.