PDA

View Full Version : chimps tore off Davis' testicles and foot.

gnarley
03-04-2005, 04:55 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=552625&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312
HAVILAH, Calif. Mar 4, 2005 — Investigators said Friday they are trying to figure out how two chimpanzees that viciously attacked a visitor at an animal sanctuary escaped from their cages.
The chimps chewed off St. James Davis' nose and severely mauled his genitals and limbs Thursday before the son-in-law of the sanctuary's owner shot the animals to death, authorities said.
Davis, 62, and his wife had gone to there to visit another chimpanzee that had lived with them for decades before they were forced to give the animal up. LaDonna Davis, 64, was bit in the hand.
"A big part of the investigation will be figuring out whether the (sanctuary) owners were in compliance with regulations," sheriff's Cmdr. Hal Chealander said. "There's a reason why those chimpanzees got out. It will be crucial to our investigation how they got out."
Health authorities were testing the dead chimps for rabies and other diseases.
The Davises were at Animal Haven Ranch, in a canyon 30 miles east of Bakersfield, to celebrate the birthday of Moe, a 39-year-old chimpanzee who was taken from their suburban Los Angeles home in 1999 after biting off part of a woman's finger.
The couple had brought Moe a cake and were standing outside his cage when Buddy and Ollie, two of the four chimpanzees in the adjoining cage, attacked St. James Davis, said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the state Department of Fish and Game. Moe was not involved in the attack.
Dr. Maureen Martin of Kern Medical Center told KGET-TV of Bakersfield that the monkeys chewed most of Davis' face off and that he would require extensive surgery in an attempt to reattach his nose. Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian that the chimps also tore off Davis' testicles and foot.
Davis was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he underwent surgery. The hospital would not release any information on his condition.
Animal Haven Ranch has held state permits to shelter animals since 1985 and serves as a sanctuary for animals that have been confiscated or lost, Martarano said.

Phat Matt
03-04-2005, 05:03 PM
New meaning to "mad monkey love."
Ouch!

mbrown2
03-04-2005, 05:07 PM
That's F Up....maybe he should have had one of those SHOT chimps donate some genitials to his unic self.....and get a little jungle fever... :cool:

burtandnancy
03-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Thats gotta smart! If I had a chimp eating my balls, chewing off my face and one arm, I'd hope my friend would shoot me first, then the monkey!

Infomaniac
03-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I guess he could play "FOOT BALL" If they get confused on the reattachments. :rollside:

SHOTKALLIN
03-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!!!. That will teach you to show up to a party empty handed. Betcha if he had 2 bunches of bannanas he'd still have his nuts. He's not gonna need his nuts anyway with out a nose. Note to self....never go to a b-day party for animals. Dogs, cats, fish, monkeys...etc what kinda shiit is that anyway???

Kilrtoy
03-04-2005, 06:24 PM
That is a jacked up story,they are 5 times as strong as humans

SHOTKALLIN
03-04-2005, 06:29 PM
so if they transplant chimp nuts on that guy he would be a stud. Bet he could put a chick's eye out after a good bj. They might have to wear goggles. :D

Red Eye
03-04-2005, 06:35 PM
GD!!! How F'ing strong are those things? Ripped a foot off??? F that... He should've kicked them in the nuts.

Rexone
03-04-2005, 06:54 PM
I know these people although I haven't seen them for years. St. James used to come in my speed shop all the time in West Covina years ago, they were involved in circle track racing or Nascar I think. :frown:
here's another report...
Friday March 04, 2005
By KIM CURTIS
Associated Press Writer
HAVILAH, Calif. (AP) Investigators said Friday they are trying to figure out how two chimpanzees that viciously attacked a visitor at an animal sanctuary escaped from their cage.
The chimps chewed off St. James Davis' nose and severely mauled his genitals and limbs Thursday before the son-in-law of the sanctuary's owner shot the animals to death, authorities said.
Davis, 62, and his wife had gone to there to visit another chimpanzee that had lived with them for decades before they were forced to give the animal up. LaDonna Davis, 64, was bit on the hand.
``A big part of the investigation will be figuring out whether the (sanctuary) owners were in compliance with regulations,'' sheriff's Cmdr. Hal Chealander said. ``There's a reason why those chimpanzees got out. It will be crucial to our investigation how they got out.''
Health authorities were testing the dead chimps for rabies and other diseases.
The Davises were at Animal Haven Ranch, in a canyon 30 miles east of Bakersfield, to celebrate the birthday of Moe, a 39-year-old chimpanzee who was taken from their suburban Los Angeles home in 1999 after biting off part of a woman's finger.
The couple had brought Moe a cake and were standing outside his cage when Buddy and Ollie, two of the four chimpanzees in the adjoining cage, attacked St. James Davis, said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the state Department of Fish and Game. Moe was not involved in the attack.
Dr. Maureen Martin of Kern Medical Center told KGET-TV of Bakersfield that the monkeys chewed most of Davis' face off and that he would require extensive surgery in an attempt to reattach his nose. Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian that the chimps also tore off Davis' testicles and foot.
Davis was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he underwent surgery. The hospital would not release any information on his condition.
Primate experts said that chimpanzees, which typically weigh between 120 and 150 pounds and are much stronger than humans, are known to kill chimps from neighboring groups, hunt other primates and even attack humans in the wild.
``This episode highlights some of the dangers of privately owning primates,'' said Steve Schapiro, who studies chimpanzee behavior at the University of Texas. ``When you maintain large, strong animals in captivity, you think you know what they're going to do, but in the end they're unpredictable.''
Animal Haven Ranch has held state permits to shelter animals since 1985 and serves as a sanctuary for animals that have been confiscated or lost, Martarano said.
The sanctuary's owners, Virginia and Ralph Brauer, would not speak to reporters, but a family friend provided a statement that read, ``All of us here at Animal Haven Ranch are praying for the recovery of St. James Davis and LaDonna Davis.''
``This is the only incident in 20 years of operation,'' the statement said.
The Davises had waged an unsuccessful legal fight to bring Moe back to their West Covina home and visited him regularly at the sanctuary, where he had been living since October.
In 2000, after city prosecutors decided to drop charges against the Davises in Moe's 1999 attack, St. James Davis said Moe was not a threat to the public and attacked only when provoked.
``Animals bite, people bite, Mike Tyson bites. So what?'' he said.
Associated Press writer Terence Chea contributed to this report from San Francisco.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

BADAXE
03-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Thats gotta smart! If I had a chimp eating my balls, chewing off my face and one arm, I'd hope my friend would shoot me first, then the monkey!
Now isn't that the truth! :eat:

a catered life
03-11-2005, 12:11 PM
so is that considered penis evny? :lightsabe

totenhosen
03-11-2005, 01:19 PM
I wonder if his family will now take down the SAVE MOE and FREE MOE signs from their front yard? This is exactly why the City of West Covina forced Moe out of your home.

lucky
03-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Well I'll Be A Monkeys Uncle - Tesital Pops - Savor The Flavor :d

MagicMtnDan
03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Lessee here, no nose, no face, no fingers on either hand, no foot, and no testicles!
If he lives they'll remove sheets of skin from his ass and cover his face with it but he still won't have any nuts and if he could get it up he couldn't jack off since he doesn't have any fingers.
If I'm him, I don't want to live.
And I'm guessing the animal sanctuary will be sued out of existence.
Why couldn't this have happened to Michael Jackson when he was living with the monkey? :confused:

barbigrl
03-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Crazy Monkey http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_112.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxmk146YYUS')

Dr. Eagle
03-11-2005, 03:17 PM
I guess you could say... that chimp's got some balls... :skull: