PDA

View Full Version : Dammmm, I am not sure how to handle this

dean51267
03-04-2005, 05:01 PM
I am literally shaking, remember back a couple months ago we discussed me sending my boat to the manufacturer for body and interior work and getting what he thought was a good deal and I thought was a screwing?
Well, that has gone from bad to worse, merchant promised a partial refund and carpet, I reluctantly agreed, and then no refund and a call asking if I wanted to BUY carpet.
This whole thing stated when the bolster seats came apart while I was screaming down the lake at about 60 mph. I got ALL busted up, 12 stitches, two torn roter cups, I am still in pain. Two local boat dealers and two local body shops said the boat was not designed in a safe manner.
I called the manufacturer they promised everything, replace seats free, life time hull warranty so they would fit anything there free, anything to sucker me in. It all sounds so good, and then I get screwed. I could have (and I guess still could) sue for medical damages and pain and suffering, two lawyers begged me to, but I said no, I would simply get the boat fixed and move on, I am not an ambulance chaser, and I have a good life, I do not need to make money off an injury.
So after a lot of discussions I ended up protesting the charges on the MasterCard, now that battle has erupted. Every since the very beginning I have tried so hard to be straightforward, no bullschite, do not slander the guy, state my claim, and the documentation and evidence is so overwhelming that it stands for itself. Now the manufacturer is making up bold face lies, not little one, WHOPPERS, to try and claim I signed off on a half a job done very, very poorly.
I have three signed affidavits from local shops saying the job was 1/2 done at best, looks like schite, and I have a fourth to redo the work so the ones saying the job sucked have no money on the table. The work order called for certain very specific things, then the manufacturer says he decided he thought something else would do so I should suck it up, and that I agreed to it BEFORE the second charge to my Master Card.
You know, I am a CPA, own a 15 person firm in Western Kentucky, Chaplin in a Masons lodge, respected member of the community, sit on 2 non-profit childrenÂ’s homes boards, cook dinner at the VFW for Thanksgiving and breakfast at Christmas. Now I get this guys wife impaling my integrity, making up screaming lies, creating documents that say I agreed to accept his work no matter what he decided to do or not do, how poor the quality or anything else, like I just agreed to give him $14K, and he schite on me I would like it, how stupid do these people think I am.
But you know, just how stupid am I, I am still not wanting to slander the guy, man part of me wants to post records on the internet, pictures of a pint job looking like done by what must have bee schite by drunk techs.
I will give the guy credit, he creates a hell of a show for the magazine, but in the real world it is screw the customer, give him half of what was promised, and do a schit job, then act like the customer expected it.
If you want details call me: 1-888-OWENCPA. I will not publicly display the guys name unless I have to go to court, then it is a open record, but for now, if you are thinking of buying a boat, call me if you want to know my story.
Man, I am still shakingÂ…Â….
What am I sposed to do, just quietly sit by and take the screwing?

Phat Matt
03-04-2005, 05:07 PM
I say screw it. Post his name. He has done you wrong and you could help other people out before the same happens to them.

timewarp
03-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I agree, what good does coming on here do if you aren't protecting the next guy?
Caleb

SHOTKALLIN
03-04-2005, 06:14 PM
that would be the purpose of having the hot boat forums.