PDA

View Full Version : 7" drive shaft

taylormanss
03-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Can someone tell me if I can run a 7" driveline and a 3 pt. mount on my 1978 centurion picklefork?Will the engine be too far back or will it be okay?It doesn't have a setback pump.Also I've seen alot of tunnel boats without droops,or diverters,do they need them?Thanks Randall Ross
STUCK IN PORT ARTHUR :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

CXWone
03-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Randall, When you say "seven inchs" Is that your total space between your pump and flywheel flange? Is it possible to make a 7" drive shaft? YES But we have to look at a few things first, we ma be able to use a constantvolicity type set up also. Engine placement and good alighnment are the first thing. Give me a call and I'll see if we can figure it out. This typing stuuf sucks!!! I build boats... Mike 407-671-6179 :hammerhea :argue: :eek:

taylormanss
03-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Last time I had my engine out I measured the overall length of the driveshaft from the pump end to the flywheel end it was pretty close to 7".The reason I'm asking is that I need to know for the best performance I can get out of this hull.

sdba069
03-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey Randall.......... That boat likes about 26 to 28 inches from the transom to the rear motor plate with middle of the road HP. And don't you dare put a 3 pt. mount in that boat. I just sold that rail kit on Ebay, cheap. Money always seems to have the final say in everything, but a pump setback is almost mandatory in that boat. Also, if you ever get any real HP in it, it will need a keel put under it to ever run. Fact, been there, done that.

taylormanss
03-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey snowman I've got the rails I just need the plates!how long do you think the driveshaft needs to be? :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: