PDA

View Full Version : Gangs and basketball have hit an all time low.

HCS
03-06-2005, 12:03 AM
In my town. In my opinion.
Here in Sacramento Calif. USA. There has been a rash of violence and shootings at local high school basketball games. Students fear for their parents lives at the games because of the violents between students and obvoiuosly themselves. Breaking news just now!! At ARCO arena at the high school championship games there was a shooting in the parking lot. People possible killed and shot! Where are these kids getting these guns? Police, FBI, or what ever, needs to kick some doors down and crack down on this shit!
I have guns and like firearms. But there locked up hard!!! In a gun safe.
I don't really mean for this to be about guns. But what the hell is wrong with kids these days? (F)ucking can't even have a good old game between schools. Got to go out and shoot someone.
The good old days are gone.........I want my 5 year old kid to grow up enjoying sports like I did when I was a kid, but what the (f)uck? maybe I don't!! :mad:

Blown 472
03-06-2005, 06:56 AM
both parents working to survive/buy all the bling bling crap the tv tells them they need so the kids raise themselves.
parents that think the skool and gubment is here to raise the f uckers.
Just plain ol dont give a f uck about anyone attitude that was instilled upon them.

spectratoad
03-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Damn Blown, I have to agg aagggg aaggggrreeee with you on that one. :eek: :wink:
I wonder sometimes if I am sheltering my kids too much. I try to raise them with the type of attitude and environment that I grew up in. I keep them busy in sports, they go to private school but I am sometimes afraid when they get out into the public arena with other kids. Most times I just hope for the best and that these other kids parents have the same values as I do.
I guess we will see over the next few years. My oldest is in 8th grade next year and wants to go to public high school. I hope my "training" carries him through and he keeps making the right decisions. :cool:

73kona455
03-06-2005, 07:27 AM
kids are not taught respect or manners any more...and the shows they have on tv that are called childrens shows teach them that violence is ok...

dean51267
03-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Man, I hear about things like this, and I think "what in the hell is wrong with these people" , and then I think "why in the hell do these people live in that world, in a place where that happens"? and then I remember Heath High School here in our area.
I want to believe our area is safer than the big cities, and stastically it is much safer, but this schite is still everywhere. Somehow we, expecially in the big cities, use liberal politicans to eliminate moral guidance in our schools, out court houses, our laws, in all parts of our lives, and now we are seeing the results of the great "anti-moral experment" in America. I do not like it any more than any one else, but it is all I can see that has cause this.
The only thing I know to say, is to be dilligent about who you let in your life, surround yourself with people of impecable morals and integrity, liber your live away from those who are closer to the edge, invest your time, life, and money today, and demand returns on that investment in terms of family, money, and quality of life.
I do not know man, but we all seem to be wandering through this giant forest of life headed to destinations unknown, I would guess that atthe end of the day faith in knowing that if do what we know as individuals to be be right, I mean REALLY do those thigns, not just for show, but deep down in our soul where no one else sees or ever goes, if we are doing what is right there, we can have faith this stuff is someone else's problem, and while you would like to help, you gotta put own commitments first, and they are so important, and so huge, that you can't help those folks, you can only help those of impecable morals and integrity you surrounded yourself with. At the end of the day, that will be enough
Anyway, sorry to ramble, you musta hit a thought that was looking to come out.
P.S. - Yal, I agree, the cops oughta kick ass and take names, throw a few of these basturds off a bridge, get those genes outta the pool, we have built a great nation here, and if these folks can not accept others rights to enjoy it, it is time we remove them from society.

dean51267
03-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Man, I hear about things like this, and I think "what in the hell is wrong with these people" , and then I think "why in the hell do these people live in that world, in a place where that happens"? and then I remember Heath High School here in our area.
I want to believe our area is safer than the big cities, and stastically it is much safer, but this schite is still everywhere. Somehow we, expecially in the big cities, use liberal politicans to eliminate moral guidance in our schools, out court houses, our laws, in all parts of our lives, and now we are seeing the results of the great "anti-moral experment" in America. I do not like it any more than any one else, but it is all I can see that has cause this.
The only thing I know to say, is to be dilligent about who you let in your life, surround yourself with people of impecable morals and integrity, live your life away from those who are closer to the edge, invest your time, life, and money today, and demand returns on that investment in terms of family, money, and quality of life.
I do not know man, but we all seem to be wandering through this giant forest of life headed to destinations unknown, I would guess that atthe end of the day faith in knowing that if do what we know as individuals to be be right, I mean REALLY do those thigns, not just for show, but deep down in our soul where no one else sees or ever goes, if we are doing what is right there, we can have faith this stuff is someone else's problem, and while you would like to help, you gotta put own commitments first, and they are so important, and so huge, that you can't help those folks, you can only help those of impecable morals and integrity you surrounded yourself with. At the end of the day, that will be enough
P.S. - Yal, I agree, the cops oughta kick ass and take names, throw a few of these basturds off a bridge, get those genes outta the pool, we have built a great nation here, and if these folks can not accept others rights to enjoy it, it is time we remove them from society.

Coleitis22
03-06-2005, 08:44 AM
The only thing I know to say, is to be dilligent about who you let in your life, surround yourself with people of impecable morals and integrity, live your life away from those who are closer to the edge, invest your time, life, and money today, and demand returns on that investment in terms of family, money, and quality of life.
Welcome to the American Ghetto. Take a look at the root of who is behind the gangs and violence. Think we have a problem in this country?