PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tunnel for sale

Cs19
03-06-2005, 07:41 PM
This is for a guy that lives out at the river, he has never used a computer in his life.He wants to sell or trade this thing,so I told him Id throw up a few pics for him.I think hes scared of the boat. :p
Its an ex-racer,couldnt be over 350 lbs, its light!! In some areas you can see through the boat. Berk jet and low pro R intake that accepts modern loaders.It has a nothing special BCC in it. I have some details about the boat or I can put you in touch with the owner if you like, just PM me.Its pretty rough since its been sitting for a long time, but it does have potential.It gets used MAYBE 3 times a summer right now and needs a new owner.Make an offer.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409IMGP0264.JPG
Interesting nozzle on this one.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409IMGP0267.JPG
HMM Texas Tunnel with an aluminum plate on the dash.. :idea: Wonder what happened?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409IMGP0265.JPG
This stuff is all really old school, and needs to be upgraded, but hows that for a blocker? :jawdrop:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409IMGP0268.JPG

steelcomp
03-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Chris...what length? Is it a picklefork, like the little 16 footer? What year is it? What class did it run in when raced and what did it run? I'm just curious, but might know someone interested.

Sangster
03-06-2005, 08:00 PM
We're puttin' one of those together....Very light deal... We got a real good deal on ours....Anxious to see what this one goes for...... :D :D :D

Jake W2
03-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Looks like the 18 foot pointy nose tunnel (like Mantra or CP)usualy the 16 foot pickel fork (goat) has that raised bump down the center of the deck to the nose.And a fliped up tail.
Jake

TRG
03-06-2005, 08:10 PM
left hand steer??

mouzer
03-06-2005, 08:24 PM
CS19 check your PM :idea:

Cs19
03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Chris...what length? Is it a picklefork, like the little 16 footer? What year is it? What class did it run in when raced and what did it run? I'm just curious, but might know someone interested.
Its like a CP tunnel 19, but the front/entry of the outer sponsons are a little different on these compared to a modern CP.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409IMGP0263.JPG
Dont know the year, it raced NJBA in 83 with a NA engine. Ran in the 110-115 area. Previous owners name is Chuck Reynolds.
CS

Cs19
03-06-2005, 08:34 PM
We're puttin' one of those together....Very light deal... We got a real good deal on ours....Anxious to see what this one goes for...... :D :D :D
Well post some pics. :cool: I wont tell all the guys in V-drives your building a Jetboat.
what engine and pump sangster?
Todd, what side do you drive on?

Bense468
03-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Trade him the daytona chris

mouzer
03-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Cs19 Thanks...................

Sangster
03-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Well post some pics. :cool: I wont tell all the guys in V-drives your building a Jetboat.
CS19.....That's kinda funny....But it's OK....I'm building it for my DAUGHTER.. ;) ;) ;) .....It's gonna have the 396 out of the Neighbors Motor Home & a junkyard berkley......We'll bring it down to Ming this year to see if it can "Run the Number"...... And maybe with a Big Ole' FOR SALE sign.. I'll get some pics up tomorrow..... :sleeping:

BigBoyToys
03-07-2005, 05:43 AM
CS19.....That's kinda funny....But it's OK....I'm building it for my DAUGHTER.. ;) ;) ;) .....It's gonna have the 396 out of the Neighbors Motor Home & a junkyard berkley......We'll bring it down to Ming this year to see if it can "Run the Number"...... And maybe with a Big Ole' FOR SALE sign.. I'll get some pics up tomorrow..... :sleeping:
That wouldn't happen to be that Orange one would it Sangster? The one that was sitting down at the shop for a while???? BTW, you want a good deal on a scoop for that :wink:

Cs19
03-07-2005, 08:32 PM
bump

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
03-07-2005, 09:50 PM
THINK HE MIGHT WANNA TRADE LESS MOTOR 4 LESS MOTOR??http://www.***boat.com/classifieds/ads/view.cfm?ad=803&title=one baddddd squirter.. :confused:

TRG
03-07-2005, 10:32 PM
well if it were in that hull it would only be in the center!

Cs19
03-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Slim chance he will trade for that, what hull is it?
Bense, I know better than to get into something like that, they are terrible lake boats,saw a guy get spit out of one right in front of me at firebird last race,guy ended up getting surgery on his leg a few hours later.
Anyone who might be interested, keep in mind this is not a lake boat, race boat or saturday night racer only.
Thanks CS

Cs19
03-07-2005, 10:44 PM
well if it were in that hull it would only be in the center!
I agree, although Ive ridden shotty in this one. :jawdrop:
Gimme a call this week.
CS

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 05:10 AM
CS check out the Youngblood site in the old adds section,there is an add that says the Texas tunnels is the only accident free jetboat.Now thas funny :hammer2: .One add even shows a 16 foot tunnel with an out board on it for family use.These are the Earl Smith adds from 1983. There are some CP adds and JBE adds ect from in the 80s also.
Jake

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 02:55 PM
See if I can get them to show up.http://www.youngbloodjetboats.com/ads/TT2.jpg
Jake

moneysucker
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
So, are the Texas Tunnels still accident free today? I bet they are easy to get insurance for these boats.

steelcomp
03-08-2005, 08:24 PM
So, are the Texas Tunnels still accident free today? I bet they are easy to get insurance for these boats.
I'm thinkin Earl hadn't been in business very long at the time of that add. :idea:

steelcomp
03-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Slim chance he will trade for that, what hull is it?
Bense, I know better than to get into something like that, they are terrible lake boats,saw a guy get spit out of one right in front of me at firebird last race,guy ended up getting surgery on his leg a few hours later.
Anyone who might be interested, keep in mind this is not a lake boat, race boat or saturday night racer only.
Thanks CS
That's funny you should say that. I was just on the phone with my friend Griffin, (I was telling him about this boat) and he said they ALL had that problem beck then, untill he tought them to get the stupid shoe up where it belonged. Said one time some racer from the mid west called him (since he was kickin everyone's ass) and told him his boat was the most ill handling thing around, and asked what he could do to help. Grif told him how to set up the hardware (basically get the biting edge up above the keel) and the guy called back a week later and told him it was the greatest boat in the world!
Bottom line is, any boat will spit you out, especially a 350# hull, if the set up's wrong, but a lot of guys still think the shoe below the keel is the fast way. :hammer2:

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 08:32 PM
It was probely the next day after the add came out that they(Texas tunnels) through all of their drivers out at once. :D
I was scratching my head when I saw the add ,you know if it says it it must be true. :(
Jake

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Steel true that.But they do have a bad spit out rep.
jake