PDA

View Full Version : Snap-On???

RiverToysJas
10-10-2001, 04:27 PM
I have a broken Snap-On tool that needs to be replaced. Does anyone know when & where I can find a Snap-On truck? I live in Orange County Ca. Thanks!
RTJas.

fryzll
10-10-2001, 04:44 PM
Hey RTJ, good luck. It would be alot easier if you had a friend with a shop that deals with Snap-On. If you do then just give the tool to him for replacement or fixing. Snap on dealers are known for being kinda stingee when it comes to walk in customers but then again Snap-On treats there dealers like crap. My buddy just got out of his deal w/ em because they keep reducing each dealers terratory to where they are competing w/ other Snap-On dealers instead of other companys like Matco and Cornwell. Use the buddy meathod if you can, if not maybe someone here can hook you up.
Chris

MissHBjet
10-10-2001, 04:48 PM
Find an engine or automotive shop in your area and just ask them a favor, oh, and you might want to try bringing some beer, and wait till the end of the day. In the mean time, go buy Crapsman. I know there not as nice as Strap-On, but you can get a replacement a lot easier.
HBjet
Damit! She is going to pay for this!!! Does anyone know how I can have it to where the username doesn't show everytime I try to post? Thanks.....
[This message has been edited by MissHBjet (edited October 10, 2001).]

shockwaveharry
10-10-2001, 04:54 PM
Snap On comes by my shop in Placantia every week. If I'm close you can drop it off and I'll get it replaced for you. I should be all paid up with them by 2011 so you have till then.

RiverToysJas
10-10-2001, 05:35 PM
Harry, are you near Harman Marine?
I live in Fullerton, so that's pretty close.
RTJas.

shockwaveharry
10-10-2001, 05:43 PM
Give me a call at the shop before 7 tonight or tomorrow 693-8101

77charger
10-10-2001, 05:55 PM
Jason try sears and craftman tools.If you need something to borrow let me know my wife comes home for lunch around noon she'll let you into the garage.

RiverToysJas
10-10-2001, 06:10 PM
Thanks Guys, Harry, I'll call you tomorrow.
Robert, I already did! It was the compression tester.
Most of my stuff is Craftsmen, this is actually my Dads.
Thanks again,
RTJason.

RiverDave2
10-10-2001, 07:54 PM
RTJas, Snap On is the only way to go bud. I have a hole roll away sittin down in San Diego. After working with Snap On's going back to Craftsmen is pretty hard to do.
I believe Snap On has a 1800 # that you can call to figure out where the nearest place is or to arrange for a truck. Tomorrow at work I'll see if I can't dig it up.
Snap On = Less busted knuckles.
Just my .02
RD

HBjet
10-10-2001, 09:16 PM
I like Snap-On too, I have a few of there tools, but seriously, how many of you busted a Craftsman tool? Wrench, Socket, etc...I'm just curious, oh, and another reason I like Craftsman is because I can buy a few tools for the same price as a Snap-On 1/4 drive 10mm socket.
HBjet
A little secret, the best tools are the ones you find in the little travel case at 7-11

Chestah Cheetah
10-10-2001, 09:28 PM
7-11?? What kind of tools HB? Zig Zags, lighter, 22Oz. Cobra Malt Liqour?
Sears actually has this pretty good deal on a 30 piece Craftsman racthet & misc. tool set in a nice case for $24. God kit to have on the boat.

riodog
10-10-2001, 11:44 PM
RTJ, try Chris Hafner, 1-714-350-1663
snap-on dealer and a nice guy also.
the dog

Unchained
10-11-2001, 03:11 AM
I have had several Craftsman socket wrenches break and will never buy one again. Once you have a broken one it's a pain to have to make another trip to exchange it for a new one. The Snap-Ons are a more expensive but a lot better tool.

flat broke
10-11-2001, 07:06 AM
I'm gonna have to give craftsmen the thumbs down. I have used em since I was a little kid wrenching on my wagons and bikes. Once I started swapping trannies and engines... you find out what they're made of. Between, my father, brother and myself, we have probably broken 5 3/8 drives and 3 1/2 drives (why should a 1/2 drive break) Not to mention some irregular sizing on a couple of sockets and wrenches here and there. Perhaps the biggest gripe about craftsmen stuff is their ratchet design. How many times have you been wrenching away on something only to have the ratche spontaneously switch to loosen instead of tighten? Maybe its just me. Do I have snap On stuff... yeah, two things a compression tester, and a timing light. Beyond that everything else is crafstmen. As it breaks I swap it out for other stuff, but cant afford to go full on Snap On.
Chris

picklefork1
10-11-2001, 07:44 AM
HBjet - Thats funny about the 7-11 tools, I have a set from kragen, 75 piece set probably only ran $19, worth every penny and still haven't broke anything.

Cas42
10-11-2001, 07:50 AM
Back when I was turning wrenches, I filled my tool box with Snap On. 20 years later, I still a lot of them but during that time I've had 2- 3/8" and 1 1/2" ratchet break. Also had a 9/16" deep socket split, screw driver tips break and a set of channel lock type pliers snap. Since my brother was a dealer, it was pretty easy to get things replaced. I've since changed to either Craftsmen or Mac because of what fryzll mentioned, Snap On totally screwed my brother by splitting his territory and giving most of his route to another dealer. My brother ended up losing a ton of business which ended up forcing him out.
I still do like the Snap On ratchets and sockets though.

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
10-11-2001, 08:45 AM
DUDE!!!!!! Call Snap-on @ 800-865-1199. Thats thier regional office located in Sacramento. They will give you your rep's name and number based on our zip code and area. In some cases, they will even do a drive-by or tell you where you can meet them. Oh ya, just a quick comment. I have broken craftsman, snap-on and mac's. THEY ALL BREAK and even though we don't want to admit it, it's normally the users fault. Everytime I have broken one it's been my fault. Probably caused by the fact that I know my Snap-on's have a lfetime warrenty and just don't give a f**k if I break it or not. PEACE.

RiverDave2
10-11-2001, 11:36 AM
BlownDragBoat, Snap ON Craftsmen even Husky tools from Home Depot all have the no questions asked gaurantee life time replacement.
Snap on Differences,
The reason why I choose Snap On is quality. If you look at the selector switches on a Snap On you'll notice that there out of the way when your working on stuff. Craftsmen puts these big jiloppy selectors on top that forever decided for themselves which way they want to go. As well as the Snap on heads on there wrenches are much smaller for fitting into hard to reach places. Snap On takes the time to "ergonomically" design there wrenches which make them more functional, They don't go cheap on the materials there made of and the tolerances on there production are about 5 X's tighter then the other two. When you have a wrench that is a "snug fit" on a bolt there is alot less chance of it coming off and you hurting yourself.
Snap On = less busted knuckles.
RD http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited October 11, 2001).]

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
10-11-2001, 12:26 PM
I agree with you RD...Thats all I use my brutha. I keep other stuff around to loan my friends!!! You know how your frinds can be when it comes to tools.

RiverDave2
10-11-2001, 12:30 PM
Tools what tools? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

riodog
10-11-2001, 11:43 PM
friends, what friends? the 1. wife, 2. car, 3.money, 4. dog, 5. tools, 6. guns, in that order!

Kwicherbichen
10-12-2001, 12:40 AM
Holy Sh!t HBjet, I am laughing my a** off. When I read your first post I was thinking, "damn, MsHBjet knows her stuff about tools". Then I saw it was you with a switched screen name...I see you figured that glitch out.
I am by no means a pro tool guy. I just use the stuf that works and is easily replaced FREE. The company I work for gave out a tool kit for the holidays a couple years back ( I'm sure they thought it was crappy). It turns out the thing has been the best free tools I have ever received. It came in a decent case. I leave it in the house so I don't have to run out to the garage every time I need some small hand tools. In fact, although I didn't use it, I brought it in the boat to OP6C2. It's called "Mastergrip".

SeaSlut
10-12-2001, 06:37 PM
The best tools are the ones you have.
The other day I was at this p@#$ks shop. Sucking up to him to rifle through his parts bucket for some clips. He did me dirty once and I never forgot. His roll-a-way was open and he had a Snap-On 1/4 inch drive rachet in the top. You know the one, smooth and sleek, flip lever on the back.
I mentioned that I had one, just like it, stolen (actually 1/4, 3/8, 1/2).
He said "here have mine" and gave it to me.
He's forgiven, and then some.
God Bless America

77charger
10-12-2001, 07:23 PM
my boat works so good it doesnt need tools.hahahahahaha(i wish)although it didnt require tools this past weekend even after my 12 rebuild.